PDA

View Full Version : WPBA Great Lakes Classic

jjinfla
03-24-2007, 07:30 AM
The final 8 matches on the loser's side all look like pretty even matches except for Karen Corr v Tracie Hines. But maybe Tracie can pull an upset. The rest could all come down to one win either way.

Sarah Ellerby made it to the final 16 again with wins over Lloyd 9-8; Little 9-7 and Kelly Fisher 9-8. Now she just has to wait and see who is unfortunate enough to draw her.

Jake

HarryDC
03-24-2007, 07:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> The final 8 matches on the loser's side all look like pretty even matches except for Karen Corr v Tracie Hines. But maybe Tracie can pull an upset. The rest could all come down to one win either way.

Sarah Ellerby made it to the final 16 again with wins over Lloyd 9-8; Little 9-7 and Kelly Fisher 9-8. Now she just has to wait and see who is unfortunate enough to draw her.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake

The final 16 look like this:

Allison Fisher Vs. Melissa Herndon
Xiaoting Pan Vs. Gerda Hofstatter
Vivian Villarreal Vs. Tiffany Nelson
Monica Webb Vs. Kelly Fisher
Sarah “Velvet” Ellerby Vs. Ewa Laurance
Jeanette Lee Vs. Ga Young Kim
Helena Thornfeldt Vs. Karen Corr
Hsin Huang Vs. Kim White

I am cheering for “Velvet” but remember, it’s worthless 9-Ball with alternating break, no chance for a comeback. Best wishes “Velvet”
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/SARAH%20ELLERBY%20WPBA/SLE_040.jpg
DEAR "VELVET" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HarryDC

HarryDC
03-24-2007, 07:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HarryDC:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> The final 8 matches on the loser's side all look like pretty even matches except for Karen Corr v Tracie Hines. But maybe Tracie can pull an upset. The rest could all come down to one win either way.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake

Hsin Huang Vs. Kim White

I am cheering for “Velvet” but remember, it’s worthless 9-Ball with alternating break, no chance for a comeback. Best wishes “Velvet”
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/SARAH%20ELLERBY%20WPBA/SLE_040.jpg

HarryDC
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake,

"Velvet" 9-4 over EWA Ga Young Kim next.

Good Luck "Velvet" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HarryDC

HarryDC
03-25-2007, 04:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HarryDC:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote HarryDC:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> The final 8 matches on the loser's side all look like pretty even matches except for Karen Corr v Tracie Hines. But maybe Tracie can pull an upset. The rest could all come down to one win either way.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake

Hsin Huang Vs. Kim White

HarryDC
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake,

"Velvet" 9-4 over EWA Ga Young Kim next.

Good Luck "Velvet" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HarryDC <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake,

Sarah lost 9 - 5 to Ga Young, finished 5 to 8. Allison Fisher lost 9 - 4 to Xiaoting Pan, Kelly Fisher 9 - 1 over Vivian Villarreal and Helena Thornfeldt 9 - 4 over Kim White.

First semi-final today Kelly Fisher Vs. Xiaoting Pan and second semi-final Ga Young Kim Vs. Helena Thornfeldt.
The WPBA is falling into the same old trap no Americans at TV Time. To Bad!

Thanks for the great play "Velvet" better luck next time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HarryDC

jjinfla
03-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Looks like it will be Kim v Pan - again.

Could be the start of another dynasty?

Sarah did very well finishing 5th. She should move up in the standings - I think. With the new ranking system I gave up keeping score. Will just wait and see what is on the website. But she gets the extra points for only having one loss.

The alternate break has its good and bad features. It actually holds back the good player. But I think that is what the leadership wants. If so, it is doing what is expected.

Let's see what some fresh new faces on TV will do for the ratings.

Jake

jjinfla
03-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I see Helena made it to 2nd place.

Now, where do we find out how much they won?

I suppose I should check out the WPBA web site.

Jake

HarryDC
03-26-2007, 05:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I see Helena made it to 2nd place.

Now, where do we find out how much they won?

I suppose I should check out the WPBA web site.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake,

Don't waste your time! Same old pool now you see it, now you don't? Ha Ha Ha Ha

HarryDC

jjinfla
03-26-2007, 06:21 AM
You may be right Harry. I think the women are dropping the ball here. They should be stressing the payout. You know, SHOW ME THE CASH!!!

Pan wins $10,000 to $16,000 for 1st place and it is a big secret.

For the men that is usually the total payout. LOL

Have a good week.

Nothing to look forward to until April 18th when the women do it again.

Sure wish they had a stop within driving distance.

Jake

HarryDC
03-26-2007, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> You may be right Harry. I think the women are dropping the ball here. They should be stressing the payout. You know, SHOW ME THE CASH!!!

Have a good week.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake,

Your right about the payouts. Come to think about it, you may be right about the alternating break. "Velvet" had Tom Kennedy down 6 zip. If she had alternating break Tom couldn't have come back to win 9-7. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You can make sure you don't miss Jasmin Ouschan in the Match Room Sports World Pool Masters. Jasmin repeated her straight pool gold medal in the European Pool Championships
and she is on fire. Read EPC at this link: EUROPEAN POOL CHAMPIONSHIPS (http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com/)
Match Room Sports World Pool Masters at this link;
WORLD POOL MASTERS (http://www.worldpoolmasters.com/)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/JASMIN_DOLL.jpg

Jasmin is a doll and can smoke anyone at pool or billiards
if she is on her game. More going on over there than over here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HarryDC

HarryDC
03-26-2007, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> You may be right Harry. I think the women are dropping the ball here. They should be stressing the payout. You know, SHOW ME THE CASH!!!

Have a good week.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake,

I was just kidding! Posting payouts, so little in the sports world, takes credibility and sponsorship/marketing value away from the WPBA Tour and the tour players even if it is more than the men. Really the WPBA Tour is more valuable than any tour in the U. S. A.

The WPBA Tour is the oldest and most reliable pool tour in the United States with the best lady players and should be recognized for that not for chicken feed payouts.

Large corporate sponsors from around the world should be honored to have there products associated with a tour like the WPBA. I hope in future that will happen.

HarryDC