PDA

View Full Version : Barringer Cues

jayzoll
03-25-2007, 02:07 AM
Hello all,

I'm considering purchasing a Barringer cue with a black G10 pin. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on his cues.

Thanks in advance

PewlJunky
05-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I just got a Barringer and unboxed it today. It came in a thick, felt sleeve in a round cardboard tube inside the UPS box. VERY well packaged for shipping.
I bought an ebony and burl wood cue with two shafts. All hardware is ivory and it has the G10 pin. I haven't played with it yet but tomorrow I'll follow up and give a report on how it hits/feels. The workmanship is first class and the thing almost feels alive in my hands. There is something to be said about a cue that has NO metal in it. The balance is fantastic.
One thing that is a little odd is that it's 59" long. The extra reach will surely come in handy on 9' tables but with the joint protectors I bought it doesn't fit in my case. Oh well, I guess I can use it as an excuse to get a new case.
To be continued.....

jayzoll
06-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the reply...I also just replied to your email.

I did win a bid on ebay about 2 months ago for a Barringer Cue. For those of you that have not hit one, I suggest you do. Honestly, this is one of the most solid cues I have ever hit. My description on how the cue hits is horrible, so I'll just leave it at 'I'd surprise myself if I find another cue I like better' This hit is just so d*mn solid it almost shouldn't be legal. I own Scruggs, Black, Stacey, Schon, and Slavatenic. Yes, there are many more cue makers out there I still do not own or even have hit, but I think there is something special about a Barringer. I will own other makers but I'm sure I will always come back to this cue when I want a solid playing cue.

This is now my primary cue and I am waiting for another Barringer. This one has some points in it, so those guys need some time to get setup for that.

I suggest any cue aficionado hit one of these cues. You'll understand exactly what I'm talking about. If you already have, I think most will agree with me. The transaction went very smooth and I everyone down at his shop is fantastic. Joe is a very nice guy that really has a vast knowledge on building cues.

TipMan
06-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm with you jayzoll - I own a number of custom cues Schuler, scruggs, lebow to name but a few. I have hit with a bunch, I purchased a Barringer last year and with the exception of the lebow which I keep going back to. I think the barringer hits as well if not better than the rest. Also the customer service from top to bottom was A+ I do have the same problem with the G10 though (too long for the case)- I hope someone makes joint protectors for it soon.

Snapshot9
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TipMan:</font><hr> I hope someone makes joint protectors for it soon. <hr /></blockquote>

Someone does, Kornele's JP's (http://www.kornelepoolcues.com/JointProtectorPage.html)

TipMan
06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
thanks for the link snapshot9 - maybe "someone does" but alas Steve does not! (at least according to him) - anyone else come to mind for G10 JP'S ? thanks tipman

Snapshot9
06-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Evidently, Steve has not combined the 3/8" x 11 with the Unilock for a G10 JP's!!!

But, I found them for you. Go to this website, and page down.
The information about the G10 JP's is the last 3 sentences before the first picture of Scott Whisler's SP. They are Coco and have protective coating to prevent abrasion.
Whisler cue &amp; JP's (http://www.tank69.com/my_cue_pics.htm)
Hard to read, the guy put the text in yellow.

To email Scott Whisler about JP's is Whislercues@cox.net

I ought to get an 'Attaboy' for this one!!! ..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TipMan
06-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Snapshot9 - You are the MAN! - I sent Scott an email - you are right about the yellow print(wonder if he ever looked at it) Thanks for the assist - I'd be happy to send you a "milkdud" absoulutely free of course if you have any interest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
tipman