PDA

View Full Version : Pro Players who frequent your Pool Hall ?

9ballphotog
03-25-2007, 12:12 PM
I am just curious what kind of deal poolroom owners cut with pro players who regularly play/practice at your poolroom? I would think it would be great for business if a big name was always at your room. Do they get free table time, food, etc. What would be the downside of a name player frequenting your establishment?

jjinfla
03-25-2007, 02:58 PM
The downside would be everyone hanging around the pro and either watching him practice or talking with him and not renting a table or spending money.

Whatever deal the owner makes with the pro is usually best kept between them. I suppose it all depends on how well the owner likes the pro.

I suspect that Rocky, owner of Capones in Florida, spends a lot of money on Rodney Morris, letting him practice and most likely sponsoring him too. Probably on Robb Saez too.

Jake

MrLucky
03-25-2007, 06:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9ballphotog:</font><hr> I am just curious what kind of deal poolroom owners cut with pro players who regularly play/practice at your poolroom? I would think it would be great for business if a big name was always at your room. Do they get free table time, food, etc. What would be the downside of a name player frequenting your establishment? <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="green">actually at Mr Cues they come for the action ! Johnnie Archer and Stevie Moore are the House Pro's and they like most of the regular good shooters usually don't pay for table time ! Alice Rim and Cliff joiner were there today in a match with Johnny and several others ! they draw the watchers and wannabees who buy food and drinks and Cues etcetera so it all works out! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sygfrid
03-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Downside of Pro's playing in the hall? Everybody's watching them practice, everybody wants to beat these pro's to earn some bucks, worst is everybody's side-betting when the Pro's play money games!

We have a center wherein all the Pro's and aspiring players, or those who just want to "earn" play. Man, this hall is known for the money games involved...

Who are playing there? E. Reyes, F. Bustamante, W. Kiamco, D. Orcullo, Gabica, Alcano, Manalo, &amp; other known Filipino players. This is the pool hall where the skills are really honed, and, if lucky enough, the player is discovered to be part of the Philippine Team /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif