PDA

View Full Version : Vote passes to strip Bush power/DOJ takes the 5th

Gayle in MD
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
The Senate voted, and passed the bill which removes Bush/Gonzales, power to appoint Attorney Generals, without confirmation.

[ QUOTE ]
The House voted 329-78 to strip the attorney general of his power to indefinitely appoint federal prosecutors, approving a bill similar to one passed in the Senate. President Bush, who is standing by Gonzales, has signaled that he will not veto the legislation.

Meanwhile, another Republican added his criticism to the growing chorus.

"His word is tarnished," said Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas, said of Gonzales.

Goodling's statement contradicted her boss' promise to allow his top aides to testify before Congress, voluntarily and under oath.

<hr /></blockquote>
Now, does anyone recall the exact Fifth amendment??? Since Gonzalas's DOJ council and White House Liason, ("Operative" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Monica Goodling, has stated she will take the fifth, regarding the firings,

".....on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me."

Now why would someone take the fifth, if they were innocent?

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
03-26-2007, 07:42 PM
I just posted this web page (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=248153&amp;Forum=Al l_Forums&amp;Words=Qtec&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Li mit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=247976&amp;Search=true#Post24 8153)

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Q

Gayle in MD
03-26-2007, 07:59 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Sorry Q, we must have been simultaneously posting.

G. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

llotter
03-27-2007, 09:00 AM
If you don't say anything you can't be sent to jail for mis-remembering. I bet Scooter wishes he took the 5th. In fact, I think it is dangerous for a Republican to volunteer any cooperation.

Gayle in MD
03-27-2007, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't say anything you can't be sent to jail for mis-remembering.

<font color="blue">Do you really believe that Libby didn't remember that he was instructed to go out and spread Cheney's predetermined lies to the reporters? After being on a plane, with all the documentation on Plame, just days before he and Rove started making their mud slinging calls to spread the lie, "He was sent on a junket by his wife" BS, that they spread around? He knew damn well that none other than the Vice President told him everything he knew about Plame, and what to do about it. They were, remember furious about Wilson's op-ed. You are truly naive, or one of the nutty 30% that hates dems so much, you'd support this administration even if they had us all walking in lock step, which they already have accomplished in our Department Of Justice, and among the Generals who are still minimizing the violence in Iraq, trying to give an incompetent president one more chance to salvage his present reputation as the worst president in history, with the blood of our troops. </font color>

I bet Scooter wishes he took the 5th. In fact, I think it is dangerous for a Republican to volunteer any cooperation. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Yeah, turn about is tough. It's always dangerous to swear under oath when you know you broke the law. Republicans spent two months investigating Clinton's Christmas Card List. Travel Gate, all about hiring and firing, perfectly legal. But dozens of his people went in and raised their hands, and swore on the bible.

Republicans crippled the government for eight years with their partisan witch hunt. Seventy million on a BJ.

Get used to it, this is just the beginning. There has been so much corruption and incompetence in this administration, I look forward to some serious oversight into their continuous illegal activity. Fascism deserves some serious investigations, the Dems won't have to resort to spying on Bush's sex life, in order to find something shady, the corruption and the law breaking, and abuse of power is rampant. </font color>

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Amazing isn't it that a DOJ official needs to plead the 5th, against self-incrimination? There is some precedent for not testifying...six people in all,from the Nixon and Bush admins, have refused in the past....and one Democrat, back in 1948.
And the same people that thought it proper to demand Bill Clinton testify about a liason, claim this is a "witchhunt". They'll somehow make a distinction between Bill lying, and anybody involved in this mess, refusing to testify. In my faith, we have sins of commission, and sins of omission...and there ain't much difference.
I wonder if either Ed or Steve would call this a witch hunt, if the key players were Democrats?
What this country needs are some honest Republican leaders, and ones whose memory aren't impaired. (but that might be asking for too much)

Gayle in MD
03-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Few things could be worse than the administration using the Department Of Justice, as their own personal slander and reuination machine. Guess, this is the best they can do without Kenneth Starr around.

Two more years of these lying law breakers, and watching Republicans defend everything from ilegal spying, to torture, to Obstruction of Justice, absolutely disgusting.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
03-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Judith Miller said Mr. Libby first raised questions about Wilson in an interview with her that June before he went public with his criticisms in July. This and the fact that Armitage was the leaker does not fit the "Cheney was furious" plot. Who has said he was mad? It sounds more likely that he wrote about "his wife sending him on a junket" as a joke while he was talking to someone on a cell phone and they all laughed about it.

Gayle in MD
04-01-2007, 06:59 AM
While this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, I think that if you performed a study of the events that led up to what happened, beginning from the time that Dick Cheney was over at the C.I.A., regularly hard arming the people in Ms. Plame's unit, pushing for some vague intel which he could exaggerate into a suggestion of WMD's in Iraq, you would have a better understanding of how, and by whom, events were such that she was outed.

The book, Hubris gives a very detailed account of the entire situation. It is pointless for you and I to argue about it. I have read enough to know that if not for Dick Cheney, angry over Wilson's findings after his trip to Niger, which was requested by Ms. Plame's bosses, she would not have lost her career.

Also, there has been an open investigation, in which Ms. Plame, and others, testified, under oath, before the Senate Investigation Committee. If, in the face of all the evidence, you wish to grab at straws trying to clear Dick Cheney of his treasonist actions, then you are obviously cherry picking. The fact that the perp in this crime cannot be formerly charged, because Libby, and others, covered up the facts in order to protect him, does nothing to assuage his guilt.

Obviously, the Special Prosecutor, who knows more about the case than either of us, knew who the culprit was, and quite clearly left the guilty charge at the door of the vice President's office, eventhough, due to obstruction of justice, by Libby, and others, he could not bring charges against Cheney..

The entire faisco began before the president ever even made his remarks in the SOTU Address. Also, it is interesting to note that Bush SR., fired Rove from his own campaign, for what he must have considered to be shady behavior, involving destructive leaks, and I believe, Novak was involved in that, also. Interesting, that years later, Judith Miller, was front and center in the journalistic efforts to hype up the threat, while in close touch with Libby, Rove and I have no doubt Cheney, also.

Most could clearly see an overall M.O. of lies, and corruption in the way these people go about trying to BS the American Public. As I have stated many times, other than the nutty 25 - 30% of "Bushies" as the administration refers to them, the rest of the country, most of us, including many conservatives, has seen through this bunch of criminals, and their filthy, and destructive effect on our country.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
04-01-2007, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
The book, Hubris gives a very detailed account of the entire situation. <font color="blue">Hubris confirmed that Armitage was the original leaker. Also this book relies extensively on confidential sources, whom Fitzgerald could have gone after, if they really existed. I could write a book saying that Clinton was the Pope using confidential sources. </font color>

Gayle in MD
04-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Armitage told Woodward, who kept the information to himself.

Rove, Libby and Cheney, on the other hand, intentionally leaked to, used and encouraged, journalists to publish the information nationally.

If you can't see the difference, so be it. The Special Prosecutor knew the difference.

I don't know why you are hooked on this issue. George Bush is the worst president in history, the most incompetent, and the most dishonest, and so say the vast majority of Americans. If you want to campaign for his failed presidency, go right ahead, but do so with the measley 35 percent in this country who still call themselves Republicans. Maybe you can all get together and find some way to undo the great damage Bush has done to your party, and our country. In the meatime, you should find some easily led lambs to spread your ridiculous arguments to. I knew before he ever got into office that he would be the worst ever, and said so right here, so don't waste your good time, or mine, trying to convince me that they're innocent on anything. I'm not stupid.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
04-02-2007, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Armitage told Woodward, who kept the information to himself. <font color="blue"> He told Woodward and Novak and that was what each of these meeting was entirely about, Wilson and Plame. </font color>

Rove, Libby and Cheney, on the other hand, intentionally leaked to, used and encouraged, journalists to publish the information nationally. <font color="blue"> I have never seen any proof of this at all. Libby talked to many reporters during this time and mentioned Plame or Wilson to only a few and the ones he did talk to about them the remarks were clearly secondary to the main conversation and not emphasized or they would have written something about it. It's look much more like Armitage had the agenda</font color>

If you can't see the difference, so be it. The Special Prosecutor knew the difference.

I don't know why you are hooked on this issue. George Bush is the worst president in history, the most incompetent, and the most dishonest, and so say the vast majority of Americans. If you want to campaign for his failed presidency, go right ahead, but do so with the measley 35 percent in this country who still call themselves Republicans. <font color="blue">35 percent approve of Bush and 65 percent don't but many, including myself, don't approve but are still Rupublicans. That certainly does not mean that there are 65 percent Dems out there now. And 35 percent is about the approval ratings of our new Congress also </font color> Maybe you can all get together and find some way to undo the great damage Bush has done to your party, and our country. In the meatime, you should find some easily led lambs to spread your ridiculous arguments to. I knew before he ever got into office that he would be the worst ever, and said so right here, so don't waste your good time, or mine, trying to convince me that they're innocent on anything. I'm not stupid.

Gayle in Md.

<font color="blue"> Cheney's motorcade just went by and I yelled Gayle said Hey /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font color>

Gayle in MD
04-02-2007, 01:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armitage told Woodward, who kept the information to himself. He told Woodward and Novak and that was what each of these meeting was entirely about, Wilson and Plame.

That's completely untrue. When he told Woodward, they were not meeting in relation to Plame at all. Woodward has stated, the info came from him in passing, not as the subject of the meeting. I will remind you, also, that Rove was fired from George Bush Sr.'s campaign, for leaking information, character assination style, to Novak. Rove and Novak, have been tight for decades. Novak has stated that his information came from two high level administration officials as his sources.

Rove, Libby and Cheney, on the other hand, intentionally leaked to, used and encouraged, journalists to publish the information nationally. I have never seen any proof of this at all. Libby talked to many reporters during this time and mentioned Plame or Wilson to only a few and the ones he did talk to about them the remarks were clearly secondary to the main conversation and not emphasized or they would have written something about it. It's look much more like Armitage had the agenda

Tell me, do you work for the Republican Party, because your statements, not to be nasty or anything, but they really do border on the ridiculous. It's pretty obvious to the rest of the country that the only logical people who would want to discredit Wilson's cause, or cloud the source of his direction for taking the trip, was the administration, after all, they were the ones who were trumping up a reason to occupy Iraq. Also, you made a false statement about the book "Hubris" which is not written solely on un-named sources. It is a very factual book, with a great deal of documentation, particularly regarding the way this administration used anonymous sources for their own pre-conceived intention of an occupation of Iraq. In the months before we went into Iraq, they used many reporters, who relied on unnamed sources, (read white house) and then published and broadcast stories which inflated the WMD/Saddam threat, Novak, Kristol, and Judy Miller, among the most obvious, along with Faux News/WH/propagandaNetwork. After the invasion, senior Bush officials, leaked classified information to discredit Wilson, period. There are atleast seven books, each with diffferent sources, which prove how these liars went about their sneaky efforts. If you think Dick Armetege gave a damn about any of this, you're simply way off the beam on this entire matter.

I don't know why you are hooked on this issue. George Bush is the worst president in history, the most incompetent, and the most dishonest, and so say the vast majority of Americans. If you want to campaign for his failed presidency, go right ahead, but do so with the measley 35 percent in this country who still call themselves Republicans.

Only 35% of Americans call themselves Republican, at this time.

35 percent approve of Bush and 65 percent don't but many, including myself, don't approve but are still Rupublicans. That certainly does not mean that there are 65 percent Dems out there now. And 35 percent is about the approval ratings of our new Congress also Maybe you can all get together and find some way to undo the great damage Bush has done to your party, and our country. In the meatime, you should find some easily led lambs to spread your ridiculous arguments to. I knew before he ever got into office that he would be the worst ever, and said so right here, so don't waste your good time, or mine, trying to convince me that they're innocent on anything. I'm not stupid.

Gayle in Md.