PDA

View Full Version : How it all started.

Qtec
03-30-2007, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Background

Adolf Hitler had been named chancellor of Germany and invited by President von Hindenburg to lead a coalition government only four weeks previously, on January 30, 1933. Hitler's government urged von Hindenburg to dissolve the Reichstag and to call elections for March 5.

On the evening of February 27, 1933 — six days before the parliamentary election — fire broke out in the Reichstag chambers. While the exact circumstances of the fire remain unclear to this day, what is clear is that Hitler and his supporters quickly capitalized on the fire as a means by which to speed their consolidation of power. Seizing on the burning of the Reichstag building as the opening salvo in a communist uprising, the Nazis were able to throw millions of Germans into a convulsion of fear at the threat of Communist terror. The official account stated:

The burning of the Reichstag was intended to be the signal for a bloody uprising and civil war. Large-scale pillaging in Berlin was planned.... It has been determined that ... throughout Germany acts of terrorism were to begin against prominent individuals, against private property, against the lives and safety of the peaceful population, and general civil war was to be unleashed....

The decree was improvised on the day after the fire (February 28) after discussions in the Prussian Ministry of the Interior, which was led by Hermann Göring, and was then brought before the Reich cabinet. In the ensuing discussions, Hitler stated that the fire made it now a matter of "ruthless confrontation of the KPD" and shortly thereafter, President von Hindenburg, 84 years old and lapsing in and out of senility, signed the decree into law.

The decree, officially the Verordnung des Reichspräsidenten zum Schutz von Volk und Staat (Order of the Reich President for the Protection of People and State), invoked the authority of Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution which allowed the Reichspräsident to take any appropriate measure to remedy dangers to public safety.

The decree consisted of six articles. Article 1 suspended most of the civil liberties set forth in the Weimar Constitution — freedom of the person, freedom of expression, freedom of the press, the right of free association and public assembly, the secrecy of the post and telephone, not to mention the protection of property and the home. Articles 2 and 3 allowed the Reich government to assume powers normally reserved to the federal states (Länder). Articles 4 and 5 established draconian penalties for certain offenses, including the death penalty for arson to public buildings. Article 6 simply stated that the decree took effect on the day of its proclamation. <hr /></blockquote>

Makes you think eh?
I,m not saying that Bush is Hitler or anything like that but there are striking similarities in the MO that GW has used to gain more power. ie use a dramatic incident to spread fear and then ask for more power in order to 'protect'the citizens.

Q

any appropriate measure

Sid_Vicious
03-30-2007, 11:12 AM
"I,m not saying that Bush is Hitler or anything like that but..."

Both little men with enormous egos, but you are right,,,Hitler had a brilliant mind, which made him dangerous. Bush has a brain barely developed beyond the cromagnum(sp?) man, which makes him equally as dangerous. sid

Gayle in MD
03-30-2007, 01:13 PM
True, they don't call Rove, Bush's Brain, for nothing!

Gayle

Gayle in MD
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
It sure does, if one had any brains, they'd surely see the connections. Fear, is always the tool of the evil. Too bad, we have a president who uses it for more killing, and more money for his friends, right down to quoting the sick threats of the radicals. He's worse than bin Laden, atleast bin Laden doesn't pretend to be our friend like The Decider. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
03-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Wow, comparing Bush to Hitler, now that's a new one. I just googled "bush hitler" and got 1,900,000 hits (in 0.21 seconds). I really liked bushishitler.wordpress.com
Clinton Hitler only got 1,370,000 hits (Hillary 75% and Bill 25%)
Reagan Hitler 1,330,000
Carter Hitler 1,240,000 (this was an upset over Nixon)
Nixon Hitler 1,130,000
Ford Hitler 738,000

I really need to get out of the house.......

cushioncrawler
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ....I,m not saying that Bush is Hitler or anything like that but there are striking similarities in the MO that GW has used to gain more power. ie use a dramatic incident to spread fear and then ask for more power in order to 'protect'the citizens.... <hr /></blockquote>Q -- There iz no similarity. Adolf got into power with the help of the Catholic Church and the religious right. madMac.

Gayle in MD
03-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi,
I think there's a great deal of similarity in technique, and process. Fear, the loss of human rights, the involvment with fascist support from the extremely wealthy, and the manufacturing of false threats. Above all else, lie after lie, hidden torture, and the disolution of the law.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
03-31-2007, 02:40 PM
LOL

Q

cushioncrawler
03-31-2007, 05:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hi, I think there's a great deal of similarity in technique, and process. Fear, the loss of human rights, the involvment with fascist support from the extremely wealthy, and the manufacturing of false threats. Above all else, lie after lie, hidden torture, and the disolution of the law. Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>Yes, come to think of it, it woz the extremely wealthy that were the main force behind Adolf getting in. But i think that adolf woz genuinely popular. Of course, nowadayz, u wont find anyone in Germany who will admit it. And, nobody ever dobbed their neighbour in, did they -- no -- not even when they are shown the old files which said it in black and white. von MacGroebber.

Qtec
04-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Exactly my point C. Adolf , in the beginning did a lot of good for Germany.
Ultimately he used the Law and fear to gain ever more power and changed the whole country from Democratic to a dictatorship.
It didn't happen overnight. It was a gradual process.
Thats why we should be so fanatic about OUR basic rights. The right to come before a judge and a fair trial is the most basic.
IMO

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Whats the US record on this?

cushioncrawler
04-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Q -- I just realized -- Hitler -- GoodWinz Law -- This thread shoodhavebeen terminated on day one.

Judge and fair trial -- Yes, but its hard to mention one thing without another. I reckon Free Speech (freedoom of the press mainly) iz No1. But what good is that (or anything) without Law and Order, etc etc. Its the whole package. In England (and Ozz) we beleev in the seperation of Politics, Police, and Justice. But in praktis u karnt seperate theze 100%. It looks like in USA it iz closer to 00% than to 100%. And all of this ignores the real power, the generals. Anyhow, i am a firm beleever in Monarchy, the best system ever invented -- power handed down by birth. madMac (the Third).

moblsv
04-01-2007, 04:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>The right to come before a judge and a fair trial is the most basic.<hr /></blockquote>

Which was also one of the first things to go, in Nazi Germnany, in order to be tough on crime. Once the Kripo was bypassing the courts it didn't take long for people to learn that they could use false allegations, and the Nazi's own policies, for personal gain. This is one of the mechanisms by which so many "good" German people were inticed to consent to, or ingore, the atrocities. In America today, we are undergoing many of the same patterns, and people are willing to ignore the facts for the same reasons of Nationalism, Religion, Financial gain and perceptions of security.

I don't see how anybody could study history and not be horrified by the parallels in America today.

------

"Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it."

Hannah Arendt - The Origins of Totalitarianism

Gayle in MD
04-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Tap Tap Tap...

G.

eg8r
04-01-2007, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly my point C. Adolf , in the beginning did a lot of good for Germany.
Ultimately he used the Law and fear to gain ever more power and changed the whole country from Democratic to a dictatorship.
It didn't happen overnight. It was a gradual process.
Thats why we should be so fanatic about OUR basic rights. <hr /></blockquote> Once you move over here and are paying your fair share of taxes maybe then we will listen to your opinion when you use the word "our".

eg8r

Qtec
04-02-2007, 02:35 AM
This forum is made up of people of many different nationalities.
We all [the US, Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, etc], enjoy these basic rights of free speech, the right to demonstrate, the right to a trial, etc.
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
04-02-2007, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This forum is made up of people of many different nationalities.
We all [the US, Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, etc], enjoy these basic rights of free speech, the right to demonstrate, the right to a trial, etc.
<hr /></blockquote> Free speech is not a "basic right". As a matter of fact there are no "basic rights". There are countries out there that do not have freedom of speech. If there were so-called "basic rights" this would not be allowed. Quit making things up.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
04-02-2007, 04:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> This forum is made up of people of many different nationalities.
We all [the US, Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, etc], enjoy these basic rights of free speech, the right to demonstrate, the right to a trial, etc. Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote> Whats that old joke about the american and the russian. The american sez, i can stand on a corner and bad-mouth the prez of the USA. The russian sez, same in my country, i can bad-mouth the prez of the USA. madMac.