PDA

View Full Version : Honesty And Integrity

Sid_Vicious
03-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I played "some" for a hunred a set yesterday, went from around 10pm til 130am, and we both mistakenly did not mark the sets won for some reason like usual under the short rail. Well it's last set call, my friend say he's up 200, and I felt that I knew that it was wrong, yet the error of the unmarked set-wins was as much my fault, so I simply and quietly proceeded through the last set, won it on a semi luck shot bumping in the hanging 9, and did the 100 cash transfer and mildly commented I wasn't sure it was correct, but what the hay, it's just money. Nothing more was said, it was like it never was considered an issue and I could easily live with that, and learn the lesson.

Well, today my office phone had two missed calls from my friend and I'm thinking, "This guy anxious to get back into my pocket or what?" His call was to get back into my pocket alright...to put the hundred back! There was a call he made(after he began to ponder it himself) to a mutual friend who happened to be there at a defining time-mark, and sure enough I wasn't down 2 sets goint into the last set and I broke even. Best part of the whole deal is that it reinforces my trust in the goodness in human nature. The mere fact that we did not have to heavily discuss the issue at the time of the mistake, and then to have the activity generated from the guy who, in most circles had an honest win in his pocket, to call and let me know he's got the cash for me.

Finding my hundred coming back wasn't near as valuable as the insight to the fact that not all gamblers are only after your cash. Moral of the story: "If both players as swilling beer, make dam sure somebody marks the wins." sid

SpiderMan
03-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Well, that saves me the trouble of asking whether you played Sadface any last night /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

SPetty
03-30-2007, 01:09 PM
That's a great story, Sid. Thanks for sharing it.

Sid_Vicious
03-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Sadface woulda said 300, then shagged off with one on my cues when I turned my back /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif sid

Sid_Vicious
03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Happy to give SPetty. I actually had voice mail on my cell phone from the guy as well, besides the two missed calls at work. NOW, if we can just get Jo-Jo to surprise Spidey, and my $900 Houdini owing me from nearly 2 years ago to re-appear and knock on the door(I thought we were tight until the dissaperance act), life would be perfect!!! Spiderman will maybe be saving a load of phlem for the first time he see the JJ guy again, YUK! sid

Ralph S.
03-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Hi Sid. It is very refreshing to hear that the outcome was of an honest person instead of one after the quick buck. Unfortunately, not all people are like that. There are some good ones though that will reaffirm ones beleif in honesty and integrity. I have so many times seen where a friend and aquaintances have screwed each other for the easy money. Sadly, I have been one of the screwed too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

SpiderMan
04-02-2007, 07:56 AM
I think if I ever see Jojo again, he probably won't remember me because we all look alike, right? I'll wait until he tries to hustle me and make him post up a $20. Then I'll put it in my pocket and ask him if he still wants to play now that we're square. What do you think?

SpiderMan