PDA

View Full Version : help from you pros. (turnys)

canadan
04-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I was just wondering what it is that helps deal with the pressure games? I've Been playing alot of turnys laitly I'm about even money maybe up $50ish this month. Most of the time I run through players in the first few rounds but soon as the money rounds come up I seem to play realy dumb. sometimes I can pull it together by walking around the table a relaxing but sometimes I cant. Seem as if my aim is off and I miss shots that I can make? Any way to help with this? Most of the time I end up getting my money back. But when its going good and not missing the shots I win. I can feel that somthing is wrong with my thinking and I try to figger out how to get out of that zone but once I'm in, i'm in.

Billy_Bob
04-02-2007, 07:01 AM
A couple of things happen when you get high up in the bracket (in the money)...

You are playing better players and they will intentionally leave you with difficult shots. Or do other things which can make things difficult. So it is not uncommon for players to do quite well early on, then have trouble when in the money.

And if you win every match and are the last winner in the winner's bracket, then there is typically a long wait until they play out all the remaining losers bracket matches. Players can "go cold". To prevent this, find a spare table and knock a few balls in. Or if another player's match is over and there are balls left on the table, quickly go up and shoot them in.

Deeman3
04-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Playing for larger sums and in the latter stages of a tournament are just like every other pressure situation. You must expose yourself to it enough times for it to become normal or at least not as much a concern as now. You will be fine and adapt. It does not happen overnight and there are not many "secrets" that really work.

canadan
04-04-2007, 06:49 AM
This game sucks no magic stick no magic secrets geeez gotta do every thing the hard way with this game thanks for the answers they were helpful now to practice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif