PDA

View Full Version : Early college football thread

sack316
04-02-2007, 12:36 AM
just had to post this on here. With the exception of myself and Deeman, many of you probably won't understand, but here goes anyway.

I live in Alabama, and here the Auburn/ Alabama rivalry lives year round... non stop... 24/7... you get the idea. So the other night working at the poolhall, 2 good friends who are Alabama fans (sounds like an oxymoron there) were ranting and raving about the team. Apparently just by getting Saban they are suddenly good again automatically. One of them then said "Alabama is gonna win at least ten games this season!".

WHAT? I agreed that they would be better this year, and even conceded that after a few years of Sabam building the program they could well be powerhouses once again. But THIS year? So we all put our money up (yes, already!) as to whether or not they would win ten.

My thinking is, it's hard to win ten games in the SEC reguardless... much less if you are in the state that program has been in. Add to that the fact they are visiting FSU in september, I just can't see them getting 10 this year. I was nice enough to let them include the bowl game, etc... but seriously, how are they gonna get ten wins this year?

I think (hope) I just got few hundred bucks richer

Sack

eg8r
04-02-2007, 08:52 AM
My honest opinion is that it is possible. Sometimes coaches just have that effect. Players respond differently to different coaching styles. I do not know if this is true, but if Shula was a laid back type of coach then those players better be ready for a change. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The SEC is a very tough conference so it will not be easy. Another thing to look at are the close games. Saban's impact might change those close games and turn the around for a win.

It should be a good year but with the way Saban handled himself with the Dolphins I really wish Alabama loses every game and they boot him out the door. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wishful thinking I know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Go Gators!!!!!!

eg8r