PDA

View Full Version : I saw a miracle !

Qtec
04-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Its Saturday afternoon and the weather is good. We [ the pool team] are on our way to a match and we are in the fast lane on the motorway doing 130 kph.[ 100 miles an hour , roughly]
in front about 25 m is another car and a red car 25m further up.
Suddenly the red car makes a sharp turn to the right and goes into a slide. It looked as if the car was about to roll over but it just kept on drifting. It drifted across 3 lanes of traffic without being hit only to end up in the emergency lane, pointing the other way!
We all spontaniouly made the same comment
"you Fn lucky Bstd!!!!!!!!"
After thinking about it tho, we were all lucky. It could easily have been on the news that there was a huge pile up on the A15!

Q......glad to be alive.

Gayle in MD
04-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Wow, 100 miles an hour! Is that legal in your fast lane? If we had that speed limit here, we'd solve the population explosion real fast! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-02-2007, 08:35 AM
That definitely could have gotten real messy especially at the high speeds. Glad you are OK.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Its Saturday afternoon and the weather is good. We [ the pool team] are on our way to a match and we are in the fast lane on the motorway doing 130 kph.[ 100 miles an hour , roughly] in front about 25 m is another car and a red car 25m further up. Suddenly the red car makes a sharp turn to the right and goes into a slide. It looked as if the car was about to roll over but it just kept on drifting. It drifted across 3 lanes of traffic without being hit only to end up in the emergency lane, pointing the other way! We all spontaniouly made the same comment "you Fn lucky Bstd!!!!!!!!" After thinking about it tho, we were all lucky. It could easily have been on the news that there was a huge pile up on the A15! ......glad to be alive. <hr /></blockquote> Sounds like a standard swerve-shot to me -- did he uze right-hand-spin or left-hand. If the red car had come back off the guardrail, and carromed into the white car and the yellow car, it would have been worth 2 points in england. madMac.

cushioncrawler
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Its Saturday afternoon and the weather is good. We [ the pool team] are on our way to a match and we are in the fast lane on the motorway doing 130 kph.[ 100 miles an hour , roughly] in front about 25 m is another car and a red car 25m further up. Suddenly the red car makes a sharp turn to the right and goes into a slide. It looked as if the car was about to roll over but it just kept on drifting. It drifted across 3 lanes of traffic without being hit only to end up in the emergency lane, pointing the other way! We all spontaniouly made the same comment "you Fn lucky Bstd!!!!!!!!" After thinking about it tho, we were all lucky. It could easily have been on the news that there was a huge pile up on the A15!
Q......glad to be alive. <hr /></blockquote>Q -- I dont beleev u -- Holland iznt big enuff to get up to 100mph. Or, if u do, u havta stop somewhere into Belgium and reverse back. Ahaaaaa, of course, its all BS -- u said that "the weather was good" -- that proovz its BS. madMac.

Chopstick
04-03-2007, 10:10 AM
One Saturday afternoon I was cruising down the expressway, pulling my boat down to the ocean. There was a pretty good bit of traffic. Not too many open spaces between cars. A small red car comes flying by on the shoulder. He was doing well over a hundred. The wind off him made a big whoosh when he came flying by my window. He was whipping in and out of traffic passing cars on the shoulder when no other route was available. He was soon out of sight.

Just a couple minutes I saw the car again. The front half of it was on the other side of the grass median in the middle of the opposing expressway lane. I could see where the other half ended up. This guy had lost control jumped the median and hit somebody on the other side so hard it tore his car clean in half. Chances of surviving a head on at those speeds is zero. Him and whoever he hit are dead.

Talk about dieing for a stupid reason. 56,000 people die each year in this country because of people that think they have some special talent for operating a vehicle.

FatsRedux
04-03-2007, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Wow, 100 miles an hour! Is that legal in your fast lane? If we had that speed limit here, we'd solve the population explosion real fast! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,

The requirements for obtaining a driver's license in European nations are far stricter than in the US.

In Germany a student driver must complete 45 hours of professional instruction including night driving, driving on the autobahn, and more. All cars must pass inspection by the TUV (national auto inspection) and they will yank a car off the road for even the seemingly most minor safety reasons. Anyone who gets into an accident and has .05 or higher blood alcohol content is in deep deep sh*t. And of course European highways are better designed, better built, and far better maintained than US highways.

I'd feel far safer as a passenger cruising down the Autobahn at 150+ mph with a German driver than I do driving here at home.

I'm pretty sure the average European driver is far more competent than the average American driver.

Fats

Gayle in MD
04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey!!! How are you??? Good to hear from you. I was going to pm you tonight. I sure hope things are better.

Thanks for the info. Makes Q's post seem much more reasonable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thinking of you everyday, friend...

Love,
Gayle

Qtec
04-03-2007, 08:39 PM
The weather here is mild. We only had 1 days snow this year! When I came here 20 yrs ago, I couldn't believe how cold it was. All the canals were frozen and everyone-except me LOL- was out skating.
Talk about Global Warming[ G.W].
Q

cushioncrawler
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> The weather here is mild. We only had 1 days snow this year! When I came here 20 yrs ago, I couldn't believe how cold it was. All the canals were frozen and everyone-except me LOL- was out skating. Talk about Global Warming[ G.W].Q <hr /></blockquote>Q -- Hell, we had snow here in November, when digging out the foundations for the new house. And, i remember hitting a hot ground-ball at our golf course, it disappeared into a dip, into a dam (water hazard), bad luck, then, the ball appears going up out of the dip, and rolls up to the green. WTF!!!. We walk up and look at the dam, it haz a thin skin of ice, never seen anything like it before or since. Sure, when i woz a kid, on the way to school, the roadside puddles had thick ice, but, "a big dam" (an ex small farm dam actually)?! madMac.

Qtec
04-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Better keep that to yourself if you don't want to be invaded by 50,000 Dutch skaters!

Q

DickLeonard
04-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Gayle would it be allowable for a conservative to exceed the speed limit or when it comes to the gas pedal their liberals?####

Gayle in MD
04-04-2007, 07:32 AM
LOL, gee, who knows. I'd guess that anything that uses up more gas, would be favored by the conservative side, since they attack the Science on Global Warming, and well, we see which Supreme Court Justices recused themselves from this last finding, which basically was a slap on Bush's hand for not seriously addressing the issues regarding Global Warming and Cafe' Standards, and trying to pass the buck all together in the interest of their oil friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md. Inofe treated the Scientists who testified as a personal affront! His bahavior was shocking!

eg8r
04-04-2007, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And, i remember hitting a hot ground-ball at our golf course, it disappeared into a dip, into a dam (water hazard), bad luck, then, the ball appears going up out of the dip, and rolls up to the green. WTF!!!. <hr /></blockquote> Sounds like you were at a putt-putt golf course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
04-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Gayle I misssed that about the Supremes, I have been hiding.####

cushioncrawler
04-04-2007, 03:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
And, i remember hitting a hot ground-ball at our golf course, it disappeared into a dip, into a dam (water hazard), bad luck, then, the ball appears going up out of the dip, and rolls up to the green. WTF!!!. <hr /></blockquote> Sounds like you were at a putt-putt golf course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifeg8r <hr /></blockquote>This woz an ex-farm dam, not real big, and it had thin ice around the edges but not in the middle. I guess that the thin ice "saved the day". We have all plippety-plopped a golf ball across a water hazard, but my ball here woz definitely rolling. I guess that mountain folk see frozen dams each year, but not down here. But we allways get frozen garden taps. My golf buddy on that day had a tall yarn allso. He went to a tournament and promptly hit a bad slice off the 1st tee -- in front of everybody the ball careered into the carpark and hit a car. Doing the correct thing, he put a notice on the clubs notice board advising players that it woz He. Next Sunday, he is washing his nice new costly Rover, and he finds a big golfball dint in the door. madMac.