PDA

View Full Version : Another crooked Dem

eg8r
04-04-2007, 08:35 AM
So, the left states they are going to do what is right when they win. They proceed to win the elections, and do nothing right. We have Pelosi out there appeasing the terrorists, she is our new hanoi jane, the pork spending is continuing even though the left thought it was awful when the Reps did it, there are more, however now we are finding out Mrs. Feinstein is a crooked as it gets.

Feinstein Leaves Senate Defense Panel Amid Controversy (http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200704/POL20070402a.html) I am with the author, Feinstein should just step down from the Senate, not just the committee.

[ QUOTE ]
Government watchdog groups want more answers as to why Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) stepped down from a military appropriations subcommittee at a time questions were being asked billions of dollars in federal defense contracts going to her husband's companies. <hr /></blockquote>

All this talk on the left about how crooked the Reps have been and this is just another example that the Dems are just as crooked.

eg8r

Qtec
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Clutching at straws, a non-issue, a red herring, ...take your pick.

web page (http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200704/POL20070404a.html)

[ QUOTE ]
"It is nonsense to suggest Sen. Feinstein resigned from the military construction subcommittee," Gerber told Cybercast News Service Tuesday. "At the beginning of Congress, following the historic shift in power, Sen. Feinstein had the opportunity to be the chair of the interior appropriations subcommittee."

This Senate panel offered her more ways to help the state of California, Gerber said, adding, "She is still on the full defense appropriations subcommittee."

Feinstein's service on the committee never presented a conflict of interest, Gerber said, because she didn't have the power to direct contracts to her husband's business or any other company.

"Sen. Feinstein never sought to award military contracts," Gerber said. "That procedure is done by the defense department. Congress plays no role in that process."

That's only technically true,<font color="blue">LOL </font color> said Kenneth Boehm, chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center, a conservative government watchdog group. He said Tuesday it was disingenuous for Feinstein's office to claim she had no role in awarding contracts.

"The Pentagon does award contracts, but when the Pentagon wants money it goes to the appropriation subcommittees in the House and Senate for money," Boehm noted. "It's hard to imagine a more textbook example of a major financial conflict of interest."<font color="blue"> No it isn't! How about Halliburton's no bid contract from Cheney ?</font color>

When the Pentagon or any federal agency submits its wish list to Congress, Boehm explained, the appropriations committee members select which programs and projects are funded and often have knowledge of what companies might be suited for the project based on geography, specialization and other factors.
<hr /></blockquote>

Its a non issue.

Next?
Q

eg8r
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
It might just be a non-issue but proving the left is just as crooked as anyone else is worth the effort. Just like Plame was a non-issue.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Ed, I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds. Dianne Feinstein
has long been a person I admire.

eg8r
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds. Dianne Feinstein
has long been a person I admire. <hr /></blockquote> I agree with you, I hope this is not as bad as it sounds also, surely there is someone in DC who is honest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Q, there are very few politicians that I admire....but Sen. Feinstein would get my vote for any office that she seeked.
Having lived in SF, when she was a city assemblywoman, then Mayor after the Assassignations, she earned most people's respect.
In a country that elected a body-builder/movie star as Governor, a pro-wrestler as Governor,and a ???? as President.....it's refreshing to know that we also elected a woman to the Senate,that was recognised at Stanford, as a future leader.
I'd be very surprised that a woman who once gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to a homeless person, spitting out the vomit in the process....would become financially corrupt, as Ed claims....(my point is that anybody that cares that much for a stranger's life, would not let $$$ or power, be the dominate factor in their life)
Dr. Blum, her husband, has been a successful commercial R.E. investor in the past, and never any hint of scandal.....
if the allegations are true(which I doubt).....compared to her Republican counterparts....she'd still be a Saint....

wolfdancer
04-04-2007, 12:46 PM
surely there is someone in DC who is honest.
True, but you might need a really big lantern to find them....

BRussell
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
The difference between crooked Repubs and crooked Dems: Crooked Repubs buy yachts, crooked Dems keep their money in their freezer.

eg8r
04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Exactly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Good post, Jack, and I agree. I watch a lot of live Congressional/Senate Committee hearings and she is definately one of the most well informed, intelligent, and genuine.

It is interestingm though, watching the Repubs, grab at straws. Most historians are already saying that Bush is the worst ever, and that the last Republican led Congress, is right up there with him. The consensus being that Bush's war has done more damage to our country than any other single event in history, yet alas, we still have Republicans in there supporting his devastating policies. No wonder the Republican Party is losing so many members.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-04-2007, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be very surprised that a woman who once gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to a homeless person, spitting out the vomit in the process....would become financially corrupt, as Ed claims....(my point is that anybody that cares that much for a stranger's life, would not let $$$ or power, be the dominate factor in their life)
<hr /></blockquote> Greed drives a lot of good people down the wrong path.

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Blum, her husband, has been a successful commercial R.E. investor in the past, and never any hint of scandal.....
if the allegations are true(which I doubt).....compared to her Republican counterparts....she'd still be a Saint.... <hr /></blockquote> I was finding it very hard to disagree with anything you said until you mention a comparison. The entire point is that yes the Reps have done plenty wrong, guess what, the DEMS are doing the same things. This quite possibly could just be the first example, it might be the tip of the iceberg or the top of a very small hill. Give these things time, they always show their face. Wrong is wrong.

All these years you guys have said the Cons on this board cannot admit W does anything wrong, however when the shoe is on the other foot you turn the other way. You guys even hate it when we mention the evil Clinton empire and get mad when the comparisons are drawn yet what did you just do...

eg8r

pooltchr
04-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Ed,
Should the Dem's get the White House in 08, it's going to be REAL interesting to see how the liberals on this forum react when it comes to light that their party is just as corrupt as they believe the Republicans are. With a few exceptions, I really see very little difference in the two parties. Both have long given up on doing the job they are elected to do, and are quite content to sling mud at each other in hopes of getting elected and controlling the purse strings. You have just pointed out another example.
Steve

Gayle in MD
04-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I think there are lots of differences, Steve, and one that really jumps out is a President, launching an illegal war, against UN guidlines, against a country which never attacked us, and was not attacking any of our allies. Those are the conditions the United States agreed to when we signed our treaties.

Even if one overlooks the questionable elections debocle, I know of no other President, joined by his party, to have refused, and ignored, our laws to the degree that Bush has done. We have watched overwhelming abuse of power, dishonesty, and corruption, at a level which goes far beyond anything in history, and tarnished every branch of our government.

I think that suggesting that those of us who see and understand that, thereby believe that there is NO corruption in the Democratic Party, or that they are without fault, is a rather dishonest tactic, and far from existing reality. Just the numbers of Republicans, alone, who are disgusted with their party of late, should be proof enough of that.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
04-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Ed, you're reading more into my post then I wrote. I agree with you that the power that the pols wield is corrupting....
I'd just be shocked and disappointed if "Di Fi" has "yielded to the dark side"
This wouldn't be outright stealing though....just favoritism to some companies that her husband is involved in....my comparision there was to the Haliburton deal....
I didn't know the Clinton empire was evil????, though I doubted it was squeeky clean.....
Makes you wonder why Bill remains so popular???
We've always had some accountability though in the past....but with this admin....and it's pre-empted pardon...I'd guess the paper shredders are running 24/7

eg8r
04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just be shocked and disappointed if "Di Fi" has "yielded to the dark side"
<hr /></blockquote> She is an politician with oil on her hands, according the the Dems that is automatically cause for going to the dark side.

eg8r

hondo
04-09-2007, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> It might just be a non-issue but proving the left is almost as crooked as the right is worth the effort. Just like Plame was a non-issue.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Truer words were never spoken.

Qtec
04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Has she been indicted? Arrested, investigated....anything? [ I,m sure I read you and steve going on about the presumtion of innocence!?] Doesn't apply to a Dem? I see.

Just look how many reps are actually in JAIL! ++++++++++++++++++++

Q.non issue

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just look how many reps are actually in JAIL! ++++++++++++++++++++
<hr /></blockquote> And Quite a few more well on their way...or atleast were on their way before Bush/Rove/Gonzales got rid of the people who had been investigating many of them!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
04-09-2007, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has she been indicted? <hr /></blockquote> LOL, good one Q. When an indictment means anything to you the current Admin will have nothing to worry about.

eg8r

eg8r
04-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey honduh, glad you are having a good time. Is it true, it took you a week to figure out how to change up the sentence to read it in a way you might like?

eg8r

hondo
04-09-2007, 04:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Hey honduh, glad you are having a good time. Is it true, it took you a week to figure out how to change up the sentence to read it in a way you might like?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, sadly, that's true. As you are well aware we
non-bushies lack the intellect you bushies possess.
Little areas like convincing yourselves Bush is a
visionary and not the most incompetent President
of all time, the war was justified and we can win it,
no global warming, must take a massive intellect
that is beyond my comprehension.
As the Pesident's ratings continue to plummet, you
2 or 3 wise men on here and the 7 or 8 on AZ chug
bravely along laughing in the face of reality.
It blows my mind, man.

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 06:13 PM
LOL...Hondo, I die laughing on the mornings that I can listen to Washington Journal on C-Span. When the repubs call in, they all use the same buzz words. It really is funny how it comes off, then they do the same ol' same ol', "liberals's are for the terrorists" and by the time they get to Clinton, I'm laughing so hard the tears are running down my face.

While there is nothing funny about Bush, or this misconcieved war, the call in shows are pretty funny.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Hondo,
Ed's post was not an endorsement of the Bush administration. It was simply pointing out that there is more than one crook in Washington. Just because someone points out the mis-deeds of one party doesn't automatically mean they think the other party is clean. Your argument is mearly an attempt to deflect the facts.
His point is simply that someone ran on a platform of doing "the right thing", and then decided not to follow through. No different than what you think of GW. It's a little tougher to see it when it's someone wearing your jersey.
Steve

eg8r
04-09-2007, 09:31 PM
A bit wordy are ya. Basically if you find the need to change my text at least accept the fact that you don't get a free ride. If you act like a fool and misrepresent my post I will call you on it.

Go ahead and read Steve's post, he is spot on. You are having trouble comprehending that my recent posts are no way in defense of W. I am merely pointing out that you were misled by the left in their march to majority.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Maybe they should hire the twin/spin doctors here......
I almost choked on my gin &amp; tonic...when I read where Ed is telling Hondo ...to the effect, "if you doubt me, Steve will back up what I say"
This would be good strategy for both GW and Tricky Dick Cheney to use...they might even be able to work Condi into the act...

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just because someone points out the mis-deeds of one party doesn't automatically mean they think the other party is clean.
<font color="red">OMG, Since when has that been your standard? I've been saying the same thing to you for years, but you never got the message. </font color>

Your argument is mearly an attempt to deflect the facts.

<font color="red">Again, the same tactics you have used here for years. </font color>
His point is simply that someone ran on a platform of doing "the right thing", and then decided not to follow through. <font color="red">Have you ever admitted that that is precisely what Bush Did? Did he not promise to shrink Governement spending? Did he not promise to stay away from nation building? Did he not promise to improve education? Take care of the environment, bring honor to the White House? He has failed on all fronts, and worse, he has done more damage than any President before him, except Nixon, and many experts say that the results of the Bush administration have hurt this country more than any former President in history, both Republican right wing, and Democratic alike. Even the right wing neocons who pushed for this occuopation in Iraq since Bush Sr., have written everywhere how badly W. has husrt our country through his incompetence and lies. </font color> No different than what you think of GW.
<font color="red">It's totally different. Bush lied us into a war, and looked the other way while the most extravagant spenders in history, YOUR PARTY, spent us into the worst deficit in history! No bid contracts to their friends and even former employers, like Halliburton, billions of dollars, lost, no accounting for them. Billions more lost through incompetence in handling the money for Katrina. The list of Republican bribe takers is worse than anything before. The pork barrel spending of the last six years has been unprecedented, and Bush never vetoed a single bill. Yet, just let a Democrat spend some money to help people in this country who have been hit with disasters, or to enforce the safety measures of the 9/11 commission, or force Bush to provide equipment for our troops, or not send them at all, and you righties are off on a tyrant, distorting everything, as usual, and susing the same ol right wing lies and bulls**t they used to occupy Iraq, instead of getting the guy that attacked us opn 9/11. Just focus on nancy, but don't try to lecture anyone else here about partisanship, please! Nancy Pelosi added some REPUBLICAN pork to a bill to bribe certain Republicans into forcing this president into giving our troops proper equipment, decent training, and time off, and holding the corrupt Iraqi Government to doing the right thing, achieving some political advances, which they have failed to do over and over, along with setting Non Binding benchmarks for removing our troops from a losing battle if Bush's insane, failing, unrealistic tactics fail AGAIN! which they are already doing. Two completely different sets of circumstances. Not to mention that our country wants out of Iraq, and Pelosi is listening, unlike George Bush, who refuses to listen to anyone, and fired all the Generals who have told him for four years that he is WRONG! </font color>

It's a little tougher to see it when it's someone wearing your jersey.

<font color="red">Steve, you are the last person here who could be saying that with a straight face. You have defended every incompetent, illegal action of your President, and your party. </font color>

<font color="red">It is very telling when you put partisanship, and tax cuts, in front of saving the lives of troops who are already worn down to a frazzel in a Militarily unwinnable war, based on false premises, in order to deny the gross actions of the Republican Party, and their treason against this country, and our armed forces.
Gayle in Md.

hondo
04-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Yo, Steve, I'm slightly smarter than you give me credit
for. I understood his post. I was responding to his
response to my slightly altering his post.
Take a deep breath. Relax. Be glad you're not in Iraq.
There. Feel better now?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Hondo,
Ed's post was not an endorsement of the Bush administration. It was simply pointing out that there is more than one crook in Washington. Just because someone points out the mis-deeds of one party doesn't automatically mean they think the other party is clean. Your argument is mearly an attempt to deflect the facts.
His point is simply that someone ran on a platform of doing "the right thing", and then decided not to follow through. No different than what you think of GW. It's a little tougher to see it when it's someone wearing your jersey.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> A bit wordy are ya. Basically if you find the need to change my text at least accept the fact that you don't get a free ride. If you act like a fool and misrepresent my post I will call you on it.

Go ahead and read Steve's post, he is spot on. You are having trouble comprehending that my recent posts are no way in defense of W. I am merely pointing out that you were misled by the left in their march to majority.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I'm lost. I agreed with you in the 1st place. All I
did was slightly alter your post for the better.
Man, you guys are uptight anymore. Have you tried pot?
That may help.Stay away from that crack pipe however.

eg8r
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever admitted that that is precisely what Bush Did? <hr /></blockquote> To be quite honest this thread is not about W. We all know his shortcomings, as a matter of fact it was those shortcomings that the left used as a platform to fix. I bring these issues up because W's shortcomings are being duplicated by those newly elected to the majority. Their platform of do the right thing, up to this point, has been nothing close to the truth.

[ QUOTE ]
It is very telling when you put partisanship, and tax cuts, in front of saving the lives of troops who are already worn down to a frazzel in a Militarily unwinnable war <hr /></blockquote> It is also very telling when the only way you will allow those funds to be delivered to those troops is if your spinach farmers are taken care of.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Ed,
Pelosi has done everything she promised. In fact, did you know that public approval of the Congress has gone up 40% since the Democrats took over? What makes you think the spinach farmers work for me?

I think you're showing some partisanship, personally, when you consider 8 to 10 billion tax dollars were "Lost" in Iraq, and no one from the right complained about that, don't you?

If you would read the bill, you would find that the legislation for the farmers was alreqady on the books, had been pre-approved by the Republican Majority, for their own constituency, and that most of the new money in the bill is for our troops. The bill seeks for force Bush to provide a portion of the money he wants for the escalation in Iraq, to be used to protect the troops, and to insure that they will have proper equipment, rest, medical care, and help for family care takers, and for up-grading Veterans housing facilities. It is also money for putting into effect the safe gaurds recommended by the 9/11 commission. If you will check out which party originally introduced the money for the farmers, you will see what I mean. Most of what the Democrats have pushed through, has been for things that the majority of this country is asking for.

And, also, if you will look into it, you will find that because too much of our food is being imported from countries which do not have our safety standards, and there have been cuts in the Food and Drug Administration for oversight of food products, we need to keep all the farmers we can afloat, unless we want to accept greater chances of being poisoned by our food in the future, than we already are facing.

Also, may I ask, do you consider Scholarship, and hand out?

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-10-2007, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pelosi has done everything she promised. <hr /></blockquote> Everything but do the right thing. Her tuna kick backs should be great this year. The terrorists are very pleased to see her also.

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think the spinach farmers work for me?
<hr /></blockquote> It should have been obvious that the you I am referring to is not you personally, because how would anyone expect you to actually send money to our soldiers from a bill passed in Congress?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're showing some partisanship, personally, when you consider 8 to 10 billion tax dollars were "Lost" in Iraq, and no one from the right complained about that, don't you?
<hr /></blockquote> Believe me when I say I did not read or hear anything about it.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Yes I do. I also recognize the difference between an individual or group that willingly decides to offer their money to a high achieving student, and a government that steals the money from the high achiever and gives it to the underachiever.

Do you recognize the difference?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Poster: eg8r
Subject: Re: Another crooked Dem

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pelosi has done everything she promised.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything but do the right thing. Her tuna kick backs should be great this year. <font color="red">Sorry Ed, but that story was proven to be false. She had no interest in the company mentioned. Just one more right wing press creation. </font color> The terrorists are very pleased to see her also.
<font color="red">Bush is the one who gave the terrorist what they wanted. The had warned the Arab world for years that our country had no conscience, and would occupy Arab countries to get their oil. Now, the redicals all believe that bin Laden was right, and the rest of the world believes that Bush is a liar. Nancy isn't even on their minds. All the most respected Intelligence scholars agree, that Bush played right into the hands of the terrorists, Iran, and North Korea. ARe you going to tell me that you haven't heard anything at all about their statements regarding the damage to American, due to Bush's policies? </font color>

Quote:

What makes you think the spinach farmers work for me?

It should have been obvious that the you I am referring to is not you personally, because how would anyone expect you to actually send money to our soldiers from a bill passed in Congress?
<font color="red">OIC, then why use the word, "you"? why not use the word, "Our" spinach farmers? </font color>

Quote:

Believe me when I say I did not read or hear anything about it.

<font color="red">Ed, that is very hard to believe. I have written about it here, it is spoken about on the news, in the newpapers, on websites, and it is very difficult to believe that you have not heard a thing about the 8 to 10 Billion Dollars, that Paul Bremer "Lost" in Iraq, which was shipped over there in cash. </font color>

Quote:

Yes I do. I also recognize the difference between an individual or group that willingly decides to offer their money to a high achieving student, <font color="red">Sorry, there is federal money that goes into many scholarships, also. They aren't always completely funded through private money, and often supplimented by federal, city and state, TAXPAYERS money. </font color> and a government that steals the money from the high achiever and gives it to the underachiever.

<font color="red">Since when are OUR farmers, underachievers? They were victims of natural disasters, business men, with employees, who need the money to stay afloat. </font color>

eg8r

<font color="red">Ed, You are always the first to criticise people who take hand outs from the Government. Always the first to rail against anything but complete independence, no hand outs, take responsibility for yourself, but you can't see how your "Hope" that your children will be good enough in sports, or in their school work in order to get scholarship money to help you put them through college, is the very same thing that you put other people down for, when they find themselves in a BIG jam, and need a hand out to get back on their feet. Do you see that there is NO difference? You're either completely self sufficient, or you're not. There's no middle ground here. Just like you can't be a little bit pregnant. </font color>

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-10-2007, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Ed, but that story was proven to be false. She had no interest in the company mentioned. Just one more right wing press creation. <hr /></blockquote> It was hardly proven false, you just saw enough info that you think suited your opinion and ran with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Bush is the one who gave the terrorist what they wanted. <hr /></blockquote> Yep, they wanted a war in their living room. I see what you mean.

Pelosi however has shown them that she is weak against terrorism and is an appeaser willing to have tea but not stand up and defend her nation under attack.

[ QUOTE ]
OIC, then why use the word, "you"? why not use the word, "Our" spinach farmers?
<hr /></blockquote> Because I don't eat spinach. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ed, that is very hard to believe. <hr /></blockquote> I only ask you to believe it. [ QUOTE ]
that Paul Bremer "Lost" in Iraq, which was shipped over there in cash.
<hr /></blockquote> Now that it has been clarified, I do remember. If you take a look at that thread you will see that i said it was BS that he "lost" the money. Isn't this the one where he shipped over actual cash? Yes I was not happy and mentioned it in that thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, there is federal money that goes into many scholarships, also. <hr /></blockquote> There just might be, but my example still proves true. The person going to college is the achiever, the father of four who only has one part time job and is trying to raise his family is the underachiever.

[ QUOTE ]
Since when are OUR farmers, underachievers? <hr /></blockquote> I never said they were. Again, what is your intent for putting words in my mouth?

[ QUOTE ]
Ed, You are always the first to criticise people who take hand outs from the Government. <hr /></blockquote> This is a gross generalization that I do not agree with. I criticise the entitlement programs that allow people to live off the entitlements. I don't criticise people for capitalizing for their own good, they are doing what they need to to survive. I don't like what they (those receiving entitlements) are doing but the liberals have left the entitlement programs wide open as a vote buying gift to the underachievers.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 02:50 PM
LOL, corporate America is robbing all of us blind, and you're complaining about devastated farmers, victims of floods and hurricans, getting what you call "Pork" but you can't see how a hand out, is a hand out. One either takes "Hand outs" or one doesn't.

What's the difference between capitalizing for one's own good, and taking food when you and your kids are homeless and hungry because a hurrican came along and wiped you out?

Social Security is an entitlement program. Federally financed college loans, are entitlements, Scholarships, are entitlements, and please tell me what do you call subsidies for the Oil Corporations, Ed? Are they entitlements programs? Is a no bid contract, for hundreds of billions of dollars, an entitlement? ARe the vast numbers of REpublican, Bush enforced, Rumsfeld enforced, Cheney enforced, NO BID CONTRACTS, in Iraq, in New Orleans, along with all the money wasted through incompetence, considered Entitlements, is is it just when it goes to farmers and fishermen? Then it's Pork?

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
04-10-2007, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was hardly proven false, you just saw enough info that you think suited your opinion and ran with it.
<hr /></blockquote>

No, YOU did.

Q

Qtec
04-10-2007, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
Also, may I ask, do you consider Scholarship, and hand
out?

Yes I do. I also recognize the difference between an individual or group that willingly decides to offer their money to a high achieving student, and a government that steals the money from the high achiever and gives it to the underachiever.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Do underachievers get scholarships?

IMO,a country's youth is a country's future and good students are assets. Just because they can't afford to pay for an education, shouldn't mean they be condemned to never fufill their potential.

Handouts.
Israel gets billions every year from the US taxpayer, ie a HANDOUT.
Have you any idea how much in HANDOUTS Israel has recieved since the end of WW2?

What does the USA get in return?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

eg8r
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO,a country's youth is a country's future and good students are assets. Just because they can't afford to pay for an education, shouldn't mean they be condemned to never fufill their potential. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, you are funny. Because they could not get it together in 12 years of schooling you want to throw money at them and send them to college. Stupid.

eg8r

eg8r
04-10-2007, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, corporate America is robbing all of us blind, <hr /></blockquote> LOL, just because you post this lie left and right does not make it true.

eg8r

eg8r
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Right back atcha. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 03:30 AM
LOL, and just because you don't read enough to know, or care about how they're doing it, with W.'s help, doesn't mean it's not true, Ed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hondo
04-11-2007, 08:17 AM
LOL, you are funny. Because they could not get it together in 12 years of schooling you want to throw money at them and send them to college. Stupid.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

This is a problem that I have with many Republicans.
I know not all Republicans are wealthy but it seems
that the ones who run their mouth have absolutely
no clue what it means to be poor and have no
compassion for anybody but themselves.
I know I'm generalizing but it's a pretty accurate
generalization.

hondo
04-11-2007, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
LOL, corporate America is robbing all of us blind, <hr /></blockquote> LOL, just because you post this lie left and right does not make it true.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Right. They prove how much they love us by taking all
of their businesses overseas. And Exxon loves
you, eg. Fill er up.
You're a funny guy, eg.

eg8r
04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
generalization. <hr /></blockquote> A generalization is no more than that, just a generalization.

eg8r

eg8r
04-11-2007, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
of their businesses overseas. <hr /></blockquote> Sometimes I wonder if you are even using your head when you make statements like this. By moving their businesses overseas they are able to keep costs down thus keep the price down. If Nike was manufacturing shoes here in the US, paying the stupid union labor agreements, the going price of the shoes would cost $250 (this is for the cheapest brand).

However beyond the fact you weren't using your head when you made the statement, what does that have to do with the discussion. We were not talking about how much a company loves you, we were talking about whether they are robbing you blind. Care to give any examples of a corporation opening your bank account and stealing the money?

eg8r

eg8r
04-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Reality proves it is not true, you just don't want to open your eyes.

eg8r

hondo
04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
generalization. <hr /></blockquote> A generalization is no more than that, just a generalization.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! I noticed you didn't disagree with my generalization!
Am I not right?

hondo
04-11-2007, 11:09 AM
of their businesses overseas. <hr /></blockquote> Sometimes I wonder if you are even using your head when you make statements like this. By moving their businesses overseas they are able to keep costs down thus keep the price down. If Nike was manufacturing shoes here in the US, paying the stupid union labor agreements, the going price of the shoes would cost $250 (this is for the cheapest brand).

However beyond the fact you weren't using your head when you made the statement, what does that have to do with the discussion. We were not talking about how much a company loves you, we were talking about whether they are robbing you blind. Care to give any examples of a corporation opening your bank account and stealing the money?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Think,eg, think. What caused the massive layoffs in
America that led to the massive welfare state which
we pay for?
Really, eg, you're smarter than this. You let your
argumentative nature get ahead of your intellect
sometimes.
And this business about not raiding our bank accounts?
I'm embarrassed for you, buddy. That was lame.
It's much more subtle than that. But you knew that ( I hope)?

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 12:15 PM
You know, I really don't think he does know. I think Ed really doesn't allow anything beyond Republican Talking points to seep into his brain.

We're losing manufacturing jobs left and right. India has taken over our clerical jobs. Bush is trying to open our highways to junk tractor trailor trucks from Mexico, with who knows who driving them.

Ed yaps about Clinton selling "Secrets" to the Chinese, but not a word from him about Reagan, selling arms to Hezbollah, and the Contras. Those arms are now killing our troops. Not a word about Reagan doing nothing after nearly 250 marines were slaughtered because of his policies in Lebanon.

Unbelievable...

We've seen Republican after Republican breaking the law, being indicted, from the Pentagon to the White House, to the Department of Justice, the C.I.A., REpubs in Congress and the Senate, the numbers are astounding, and then he wants to write about crooked a Democrat, who isn't even a crook, and not only that, but one of the best and brightest on the Hill..../ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I completely disagree with you. I am sure you consider me to be one of the ones that runs my mouth however my past proves you to be incorrect. Generalizations with reference to politics are usually not accurate and yours is no different (no surprise there).

I did address your generalization when I removed the word "accurate" in my reply. You were definitely not accurate. Most of the wealthy in America did not start out that way, they got there through hard work, not sitting around for hand-outs.

eg8r

eg8r
04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Think,eg, think. What caused the massive layoffs in
America that led to the massive welfare state which
we pay for? <hr /></blockquote> Huge increases in taxes and labor unions. Think.

eg8r

eg8r
04-11-2007, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We're losing manufacturing jobs left and right. <hr /></blockquote> We lose more and more every time the facist left gets control and increases taxes.

[ QUOTE ]
India has taken over our clerical jobs. <hr /></blockquote>India did not take over anything, the jobs were given to them because they were cheap labor and not raped by labor unions.

Besides, in the long run it makes sense to send the menial jobs overseas and keep the high paying jobs here. The only people that don't like that idea are the under-achievers who are unwilling to go for what they want (get an education while in school when it is free). They just take the hand-outs and complain.

[ QUOTE ]
Ed yaps about Clinton selling "Secrets" to the Chinese, but not a word from him about Reagan, selling arms to Hezbollah, and the Contras. <hr /></blockquote> Are you not smart enough to tell the difference?

[ QUOTE ]
We've seen Republican after Republican breaking the law, being indicted <hr /></blockquote> Lie after lie after lie. That is all you are doing here. Until you see convictions those Republicans are innocent in this country. We are not a facist country yet but I can see that is what you desire.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
LOL, Ed, you have a lot to learn about life.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
There is always room to learn.

eg8r