PDA

View Full Version : Alabama like Central PA?

dg-in-centralpa
04-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Updated: 9:21 p.m. ET April 4, 2007
SYLVANIA, Ala. - A woman who went for a horseback ride through town at midnight and allegedly used the horse to ram a police car was charged with driving under the influence and drug offenses, police said Tuesday.

"Cars were passing by having to avoid it, and almost hitting the horse," said Police Chief Brad Gregg.

He said DUI charges can apply even when the vehicle has four legs instead of wheels.Police in the northeast Alabama town received a call around midnight Saturday about someone riding a horse on a city street, Gregg said.

Officer John Seals found Melissa Byrum York, 40, of Henagar, on horseback on a nearby road and attempted to stop her. Seals asked the woman repeatedly to get off the horse, but she kept trying to kick the animal to make it run, the chief said.

"She wouldn't stop. She kept riding the horse and going on," Gregg said.

After ramming the police car with the horse and riding away, the woman tried to jump off but caught her foot in a stirrup, Gregg said. The officer took the woman into custody and discovered that she had crystal methamphetamine, a small amount of marijuana, pills and a small pipe, the chief said.

Horse not 'in the best of health'
York was charged with DUI for allegedly riding the horse under the influence of a controlled substance. She was also charged with drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest, assault, attempting to elude police and cruelty to animals.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17953259/?GT1=9246

Deeman, Are they taking after the Amish?LOL

DG

Deeman3
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Updated: 9:21 p.m. ET April 4, 2007
SYLVANIA, Ala. - A woman who went for a horseback ride through town at midnight and allegedly used the horse to ram a police car was charged with driving under the influence and drug offenses, police said Tuesday.

"Cars were passing by having to avoid it, and almost hitting the horse," said Police Chief Brad Gregg.

He said DUI charges can apply even when the vehicle has four legs instead of wheels.Police in the northeast Alabama town received a call around midnight Saturday about someone riding a horse on a city street, Gregg said.

Officer John Seals found Melissa Byrum York, 40, of Henagar, on horseback on a nearby road and attempted to stop her. Seals asked the woman repeatedly to get off the horse, but she kept trying to kick the animal to make it run, the chief said.

"She wouldn't stop. She kept riding the horse and going on," Gregg said.

After ramming the police car with the horse and riding away, the woman tried to jump off but caught her foot in a stirrup, Gregg said. The officer took the woman into custody and discovered that she had crystal methamphetamine, a small amount of marijuana, pills and a small pipe, the chief said.

Horse not 'in the best of health'
York was charged with DUI for allegedly riding the horse under the influence of a controlled substance. She was also charged with drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest, assault, attempting to elude police and cruelty to animals.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17953259/?GT1=9246

Deeman, Are they taking after the Amish?LOL

DG
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> DG,

We grow our women tough here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Being in Alabama, the cops were darn lucky she wasn't packin'!

Now, DeeWoman got into a group when we first got here that only rode their horses as an excuse to drink. Most girls but a male relative or two following along in a four wheeler to carry extra beer. Being from Detroit, Tori was not shy about drinking but didn't like the idea of mixing riders with horses when the participants often fell from their perches onto their pretty little behinds. She gave up riding with them when a woman 6 months with child, took a spill and got back on (Note: my earlier reference to tough women did not include smart women).

Since then, DeeWoman has given up trying to find sober ladies to ride with and, in fact, stopped drinking herself 9 weeks ago. I am very proud of her but think about this, She went into rehab to kick the booze but was never bad enough to ride a horse drunk! Her former riding partners, 20 years her junior, don't even think they have a problem. The fact that all 4 of these women are among the only 9 Democrats in our county has absolutely nothing to do with my harsh judgement of them.

Now DeeWoman has a new set of horses (about31) as I purchased her a motorscooter as a "reward" for her accomplishment in giving up alchhol. I also, as a celebratory jesture, added another pool table to our house yesterday so she can practice on a real table and not have to go to a bar to play. Now, we will still frequent bars but only for the added income and I'll always be there for her to lean on. Her game has grown by leaps and bounds since giving up the sauce and I am so very proud of her. She had hit an improvement "wall" and I thought it was just lack of focus (most poor player's problem) but even though her drinking had minimal impact on "us" it is amazing how much concentration one loses when you lean on substances.

So, next time you see a story like the one you mention, just think, it could be a genetic link between those Amish and a few of these busty southern bells we just never considered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif</font color>

dg-in-centralpa
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I can't imagine riding a horse while drinking. I had enough trouble riding while sober. Your women would definitely fit with the Amish. Have a baby in the morning and plow the back 40 in the afternoon. Here's another angle, almost being charged for DUI while operating a zamboni? Where I live, last year some guy was charged with DUI while operating a riding lawn mower.

DG

Updated: 7:45 p.m. ET April 3, 2007
NEWARK, N.J. - It’s not drunken driving in New Jersey if it involves a Zamboni.

A judge ruled the four-ton ice rink-grooming machines aren’t motor vehicles because they aren’t useable on highways and can’t carry passengers.

Zamboni operator John Peragallo had been charged with drunken driving in 2005 after a fellow employee at the Mennen Sports Arena in Morristown told police the machine was speeding and nearly crashed into the boards.Police said Peragallo’s blood alcohol level was 0.12 percent. A level of 0.08 is considered legally drunk in New Jersey.

Peragallo appealed, and Superior Court Judge Joseph Falcone on Monday overturned his license revocation and penalties.

“It’s a vindication for my client,” Peragallo attorney James Porfido said after the hearing. “It’s the right decision.”Morris County Assistant Prosecutor Joseph D’Onofrio said no decision had been made on whether to appeal.

Peragallo, 64, testified at his trial that he did drink beer and vodka, but not until after he had groomed the ice. However, he told police he had a shot of Sambuca with his breakfast coffee and two Valium pills before work.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17930215/

Chopstick
04-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I believe the law says "any wheeled conveyance". That includes bicycles. They get people on riding lawn mowers all the time down here. The last one I heard about was somebody who was supposed to be famous. He was riding in his front yard with a beer in a cup holder when the police came driving by. A lawyer will get her off of the DUI cause the horse doesn't have wheels.

Drunk babes on horses. Well what'll they think of next. They're hard enough to catch when they're walkin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have to admit I don't see any reason why anyone would want to ride a horse drunk.

I tried not drinkin' for a while to improve my pool game. It didn't seem to make any difference. Maybe 30 minutes wasn't long enough. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-06-2007, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> They're hard enough to catch when they're walkin. <hr /></blockquote>

Isn't that the truth and even harder to keep. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I couldn't believe that she would try and ram the cop car with the horse. That took balls. How about the guy with the zamboni? Geez, he had Sambuca for breakfast plus vodka later. Oh well this is what makes life interesting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG - would never mess with Amish women

DickLeonard
04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Chopstick just remember this, the Great Ralph Greenleaf ran over one thousand 125 and out and half of them when he was drunk. He would hold onto the rails to steady himself.####