PDA

View Full Version : ? for Dave Syrja

07-23-2002, 01:10 PM
Hey Dave

I was just curious what level your pool game is at. One of my teammates lives on the island and he is always looking for new people to play. If you are a 'A' player or better Im sure he would love to to hit some balls with you.He doesnt mind gambling for 10s or 20s if thats your thing either.
Hoppy

Lester
07-23-2002, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Hoppy:</font><hr> Hey Dave

I was just curious what level your pool game is at. One of my teammates lives on the island and he is always looking for new people to play. If you are a 'A' player or better Im sure he would love to to hit some balls with you.He doesnt mind gambling for 10s or 20s if thats your thing either.
Hoppy <hr></blockquote>

Okay, take a deep breath Dave, and remember ----You're supposed to be retired. When "Road Agents" retire they don't "pee in their own pool". lol ****Lester****

Kato
07-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Dave my question is different. How are the tapes circulating? Just wondering, I'm chomping at the bit.

Kato~~~on the list

SPetty
07-23-2002, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Dave my question is different. How are the tapes circulating? Just wondering, I'm chomping at the bit.

Kato~~~on the list <hr></blockquote>I may be remembering wrong (tequila-induced CRS?), but I think Scott Lee said he had seen the tapes and had passed them along and that he was second on the list. I don't recall that he mentioned a time frame like how long ago that was, though.

SPetty
07-23-2002, 01:45 PM
Dave my question is different. (apologies to Kato haha)

Are you going to record the finals between Strickland and Bustamante and pass that tape around too? If so, please put my name at the top of the list...

Wally_in_Cincy
07-23-2002, 01:53 PM
That would be tremendously appreciated.

Kato
07-23-2002, 02:15 PM
Thanks SPetty. I believe I would be third on the list.

Kato

Mr Ingrate
07-23-2002, 05:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Hoppy:</font><hr> Hey Dave

Hoppy <hr></blockquote>

Hi Hoppy,

I played a game of 8-ball for $2,560 once. It was double or nothing kind of thing and I was the one who was ahead. I have never played for 10,000 or 20,000. Way too much money for me.

I'm a long, long way from an A player. I was an APA-7 when I played APA but as we all know there are 7's who are 7's and 7's who should be 11's. I always thought of myself as a really tough C player who could jump up and maul some of the B players on occasion. Don't belong on the same table with an A player, but I have played some $20 short race sets with a few.

Although I haven't been on the island long, I think I know of whom you are refering. I wouldn't be any competition for LW.

Unfortunately, I missed Las Vegas this year. I would have made it a point to watch your team play. That is one hell of a group you guys put together.

Mr Ingrate
07-23-2002, 06:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Dave my question is different. How are the tapes circulating? Just wondering, I'm chomping at the bit.

Kato~~~on the list <hr></blockquote>

Hi Kato,

Scott sent me an email saying he was making copies and sending the original along asap. I expect they are in Sid Hunter's hands at this moment. You can send Sid an email to check their status. One thing, make sure you pass them along by air mail, rather than parcel post as the latter would take over a week to arrive. I see you will be sending them along to Mark. Since he is in Canada you will need to make out a customs declaration. Make sure you indicate you are sending a gift of home video tapes with a value of $10 Canadian.

Enjoy the viewing.

By the way, I found the camera work to be excellent. The tables played rather easy in my opinion. In one of the early matches, Charlie Williams made a gutsy shot, encouraged, I suspect by the way the table was set up.

Earl looked real ordinary in his matches and Steve Davis looked much worse. Go figure.

Mr Ingrate
07-23-2002, 06:28 PM
sportsnet.ca will broadcast about 18 hours of coverage, at least for my area, starting on Aug 2nd and winding up on Sept 7th. I get sportsnet through the buildings satellite and sportsnet doesn't always come in that well. I will be taping it in any case and should be able to get it all on 3 EP tapes. If I manage to get good copies, I will be happy to build a list as I did last time and start the tapes circulating. If you are not on my previous list or have changed your address I will need a snail mail address I can send tapes to and an e-mail address for contact if necessary. Once I have the tapes done and the list compiled I will e-mail the list to everyone on the list and send the tapes to the person on the top of the list. I do a random drawing to select the order.

I had some people put a message on the forum that said "count me in". I didn't realize until after the tapes were sent that they never sent me an address. As a result they didn't get included. I don't care if you want to use a nom de plume, but I do ask you use a deliverable address and a valid e-mail address.

Scott Lee
07-24-2002, 12:25 AM
I made my copies, and mailed the tapes to the next name on the list (Wilmington, NC) a week ago today. I sent them Priority Mail, so they should have been received by the next person by the end of last week.

Scott Lee