PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new cue

graniteguy
04-06-2007, 07:44 AM
I am looking for a new cue. I currently shoot with a Pechauer JP-04. I have been looking at the Huebler ES4 and the Balabushka GB-3. I like the four veneer points and lighter color wrap. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cydpkt
04-06-2007, 08:07 AM
What is your price range? Color preferences?

graniteguy
04-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm trying to stay around $400-$500 price range, and the color is lighter colors. I would call it the classic pool design. If you google these two cues it will give show you what I mean.

Cydpkt
04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
There are definately some very nice cues out there in that price range. Having a place where you could shoot with these cues (see how they fit and feel) would be the next step. I don't like a cue that is too "busy" and I would rather have my opponent sitting down looking at my cue instead of me. The Huebler and Balabushka are great looking. Which one has a better hit or feel when you shoot?

cueball1950
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
well from what i have read, huebler just retired and is no longer making cues. and the other 1 is made by adams cue in the far east. i know where you can get a BCM Bryan Mordt plain jane made of rose wood with a leather wrap and rings at a/b/c/d/e/ ijn that price range.. let me know if you might be interested.....mike

Cornerman
04-07-2007, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote graniteguy:</font><hr> I am looking for a new cue. I currently shoot with a Pechauer JP-04. I have been looking at the Huebler ES4 and the Balabushka GB-3. I like the four veneer points and lighter color wrap. Any suggestions would be appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>I believe both the Huebler ESeries and the Balabushka GB cues have piloted stainless joints, while your JPechauer has a flat-faced joint. Is the stainless joint the direction you really want to go?

If so, in addition to these two, I'd consider a lower cost Schon or a mid-range JOSS. Try before you buy, but not many people complain about Schon or JOSS.

Your location would help, in case you wanted to have something built to your specs. by a more customized maker.

Fred

Duckie
04-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I have a GB3 and really like it. One thing about the GB3 butt is that its about 1/2 inch shorter than most cue butts.

It hits solid, feels good in my hands, can get all the english I want with it. I haven't hit the other ones mentioned. A few online sellers of them have a trail period. The only thing they ask is not to put chalk in the tip.

BigRigTom
04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
How does a trial work if you can't chalk the tip?
What exactly do you do with the cue during the trial period?
I hope you don't try to shoot without chalk and then make a decision based on the results.

cueball1950
04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
i need to correct myself...been listening to 2 many people on other forums....HUEBLER IS "NOT" RETIRING! as someone posted yesterday, that they had talked to him and says the rumor is not true...thats great to hear btw......mike

Duckie
04-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Well, for one thing you can get the feel of the cue. How it hits, the balance of it, how the shaft feels as you stroke and so on.

And yes I did buy my cue this way and I am not disappointed at all with it. But this was not the first cue I have ever had so I was able to evaluate it pretty good.

hondo
04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
For 3 to 4 hundred dollars you could get a Shurtz cue
or a Pat Diviney butterfly sneaky pete. Either will
play as good as anything you'd pay a thousand dollars for.
I've also heard good things about Bob Frey sneaky petes.