PDA

View Full Version : Ipods for every kid?

eg8r
04-06-2007, 05:56 PM
This entitlement crap from the left is just out of control. An Ipod for Every Kid! (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704060333) <blockquote><font class="small">Quote The Detroit News:</font><hr> We have come to the conclusion that the crisis Michigan faces is not a shortage of revenue, but an excess of idiocy. Facing a budget deficit that has passed the $1 billion mark, House Democrats Thursday offered a spending plan that would buy a MP3 player or iPod for every school child in Michigan. <hr /></blockquote> I guess once the idiots of the left get an ipod in all these kids hands, they will find a way to get them all a computer and internet access. Who wants to bet there is a tax increase on the minds of the left in Michigan? Some rich man must pay for the disgrace of a poor child without an ipod.

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats are either entirely indifferent to the idea that extreme hard times demand extreme belt tightening, or they are bone stupid. <hr /></blockquote> My guess is the latter, historically you know how the left is with other people's money (they taught W well).

[ QUOTE ]
The range of options, according to Rep. Steve Tobocman, D-Detroit, includes raising the income tax, levying a 6 percent tax on some services, and taxing junk food and soda. <hr /></blockquote> Aw shucks, we did not even get to the end of the story before a tax increase was mentioned. Guess who will pay for that tax increase?

[ QUOTE ]
For example, Dillon says he would shift the burden of business taxes to companies that operate in Michigan, but don't have a facility here. <hr /></blockquote> Perfect example of the stupidity of the liberal lawmakers. [ QUOTE ]
The certain outcome of that plan is to drive even more businesses out of Michigan. <hr /></blockquote> Hey look at that, someone using their brain. Who wants to bet he probably is not a lib?

[ QUOTE ]
Stop the stupidity. Michigan can't tax or spend its way out of this economic catastrophe.

The only responsible option is to bring spending in line with current revenues.
<hr /></blockquote> Wow, trying to get a liberal to actually understand what was just said in this quote is like trying to pee into the wind. Common sense is not a strong trait amonst the liberal left in this country, and the liberal politicians in Michgan are proving it.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-06-2007, 10:55 PM
No way I'd vote for that unless they also gave free ipods out to us seniors....(do you have to be a registered Democrat to qualify?)
Michigan hasn't been the same since Deeman left....

moblsv
04-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Isn't the justification for this obvious? The failures of our schools system are clearly due to too many chalkboards.

I'm sure this could be done for under $20 a student, if they went with 512M Sansa's instead. Even then, I still can't understand how an mp3 player is going to improve education.

If the details of the plan can show me how we can produce fewer eg8r's for a mere $20 a head, I would consider it a bargain.

moblsv
04-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I just realized what they are for. We put Pimsleur's learning Chinese, Hindi, and Korean audio on them, so they can learn how to communicate with the people who took their jobs.

Gayle in MD
04-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Ha ha ha, that's got to be another marker post on CCB! Definately in the top ten! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The one before this one was pretty funny, too!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just realized what they are for. We put Pimsleur's learning Chinese, Hindi, and Korean audio on them, so they can learn how to communicate with the people who took their jobs. <hr /></blockquote> And the left continues to think they are the intelligent group.

eg8r

Chopstick
04-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Why don't they just lojack em with their MP3/cellphone/speedpay/internet connection/etc right in their heads when they are born?

That way if they ever thought about making any money the gov. would know and they would just take it and save the paperwork.

ChopStick~~~~~&gt; Getting ready for my favorite friggin day of the year.

Deeman3
04-09-2007, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> No way I'd vote for that unless they also gave free ipods out to us seniors....(do you have to be a registered Democrat to qualify?)
Michigan hasn't been the same since Deeman left....
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> You're right. Half the personal arsenal left the state and the average I.Q. went down .00006%!

Did you happen to notice about 560,000 jobs followed me out as well? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>