PDA

View Full Version : FCC & the Fairness Doctrine

Gayle in MD
04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
HELP CONGRESS RESTORE THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE!

Believe it or not the FCC used to be have a FAIRNESS DOCTRINE, which required TV and radio to present issues of public importance in an accurate, thorough, and equitable manner. There were rules, which specifically protected groups and individuals from personal attacks and rules requiring equal time for opposing political viewpoints.

This FAIRNESS DOCTRINE was originally adopted in 1949 as a counter-measure against the rise of global fascism. It remained in effect until 1987 when it was eliminated during the Reagan administration. Congress immediately voted to restore the doctrine, but President Regan vetoed the legislation. He single-handedly killed the doctrine and thus laid the groundwork for a media with no checks and balances whatsoever.

Within a few months of Regan's action, Rush Limbaugh got his first nationally syndicated radio show (1988). George H.W. Bush became President the following year. Still, in 1991, Congress attempted to restore the FAIRNESS DOCTRINE once again. This time around, George H.W. Bush snuffed the FAIRNESS DOCTRINE with the threat of a Presidential veto.

Limbaugh and company took this as a mandate to continue doing the Lord's Work. They did it rather well, but they really shifted into overdrive after Bush lost the Presidency to Clinton. Subsequently, in the 1994 mid-term elections, the Republicans took control of the House and Senate, the state legislatures and governorships.

The "Republican Revolution" was at its zenith when the Fox 'News' Channel went on the air in 1996. The FAIRNESS DOCTRINE was officially dead to the world and, in its absence, right wing media outlets have flourished profusely. More 'centrist', mainstream media have followed suit, and are continually listing further and further rightward.

Now for the GOOD NEWS: The 2007 Democratic Congress is currently working to restore the FAIRNESS DOCTRINE. The legislation is supported by: Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT);
along with Representatives Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), and Louise Slaughter (D-NY).

TELL ALL OF YOUR SENATORS AND REPRESENTATIVES TO RESTORE THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE.

pooltchr
04-08-2007, 06:38 AM
I think you are giving Limbaugh and company a lot more credit than they are due. I doubt very seriously that his 3 hour radio program could drive the outcome of any election. Yes, Rush and Fox are solidly on the right, but CBS, NBC and ABC are there to off-set them. There is plenty from both sides out there...you just have to look for it. If Rush is your only source of news, you are a fool, just as if you only watch CNN. There is a little bit of responsibility that falls on us to seek out the truth. I stopped needing to be spoon fed about 53 years ago.
Steve

Gayle in MD
04-08-2007, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a little bit of responsibility that falls on us to seek out the truth. I stopped needing to be spoon fed about 53 years ago.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO...Do tell us Steve, where you get your information.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LMAO!!

I guess you forgot how we got into this war, and who the administration was leaking information to, to support their BS about Saddam, and then going on talk shows, quoting the very same articles, written by the very same people they used.

I don't rely on any "News" shows, at all. I watch live, what is happening on Capital Hill, and read the books that are written by those who are either Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalists, or from people who were there, in the middle of everything, on all sides, Republican and Democrat, and Iraqi.....

Books like this, for example...

[ QUOTE ]
NEW YORK
Winning The War Losing The Peace Ali A. Allawi

A 500 Page Indictment "Corroded, Inefficient, Incompetent and Corrupt"
In a rueful reflection on what might have been, an Iraqi government insider details in 500 pages the U.S. occupation's "shocking" mismanagement of his country _ a performance so bad, he writes, that by 2007 Iraqis had "turned their backs on their would-be liberators."

"The corroded and corrupt state of Saddam was replaced by the corroded, inefficient, incompetent and corrupt state of the new order," Ali A. Allawi concludes in "The Occupation of Iraq," newly published by Yale University Press.

Allawi writes with authority as a member of that "new order," having served as Iraq's trade, defense and finance minister at various times since 2003. As a former academic, at Oxford University before the U.S.-British invasion of Iraq, he also writes with unusual detachment.

The U.S.- and British-educated engineer and financier is the first senior Iraqi official to look back at book length on his country's four-year ordeal. It's an unsparing look at failures both American and Iraqi, an account in which the word "ignorance" crops up repeatedly.

First came the "monumental ignorance" of those in Washington pushing for war in 2002 without "the faintest idea" of Iraq's realities. "More perceptive people knew instinctively that the invasion of Iraq would open up the great fissures in Iraqi society," he writes.

What followed was the "rank amateurism and swaggering arrogance" of the occupation, under L. Paul Bremer's Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA), which took big steps with little consultation with Iraqis, steps Allawi and many others see as blunders:

_ The Americans disbanded Iraq's army, which Allawi said could have helped quell a rising insurgency in 2003. Instead, hundreds of thousands of demobilized, angry men became a recruiting pool for the resistance.

_ Purging tens of thousands of members of toppled President Saddam Hussein's Baath party _ from government, school faculties and elsewhere _ left Iraq short on experienced hands at a crucial time.

_ An order consolidating decentralized bank accounts at the Finance Ministry bogged down operations of Iraq's many state-owned enterprises.

_ The CPA's focus on private enterprise allowed the "commercial gangs" of Saddam's day to monopolize business.

_ Its free-trade policy allowed looted Iraqi capital equipment to be spirited away across borders.

_ The CPA perpetuated Saddam's fuel subsidies, selling gasoline at giveaway prices and draining the budget.

In his 2006 memoir of the occupation, Bremer wrote that senior U.S. generals wanted to recall elements of the old Iraqi army in 2003, but were rebuffed by the Bush administration. Bremer complained generally that his authority was undermined by Washington's "micromanagement."

Although Allawi, a cousin of Ayad Allawi, Iraq's prime minister in 2004, is a member of a secularist Shiite Muslim political grouping, his well-researched book betrays little partisanship.

On U.S. reconstruction failures _ in electricity, health care and other areas documented by Washington's own auditors _ Allawi writes that the Americans' "insipid retelling of `success' stories" merely hid "the huge black hole that lay underneath."

For their part, U.S. officials have often largely blamed Iraq's explosive violence for the failures of reconstruction and poor governance.

The author has been instrumental since 2005 in publicizing extensive corruption within Iraq's "new order," including an $800-million Defense Ministry scandal. Under Saddam, he writes, the secret police kept would-be plunderers in check better than the U.S. occupiers have done.

As 2007 began, Allawi concludes, "America's only allies in Iraq were those who sought to manipulate the great power to their narrow advantage. It might have been otherwise."

<hr /></blockquote>

But more importantly, I talk with hundreds of soldiers, (Probably in the thousands, by now) who have been there, in Iraq, fighting the fight. How many do you talk to, Steve?

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-08-2007, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are giving Limbaugh and company a lot more credit than they are due. I doubt very seriously that his 3 hour radio program could drive the outcome of any election. <hr /></blockquote> Don't you find it funny that the left does not believe in self-responsibility. It is never their fault, it is Rush's fault, or W fault.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Rush and Fox are solidly on the right, but CBS, NBC and ABC are there to off-set them. <hr /></blockquote> You missed the big on, CNN. It was not called the Clinton News Network for nothing.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are giving Limbaugh and company a lot more credit than they are due. I doubt very seriously that his 3 hour radio program could drive the outcome of any election. <font color="red">I didn't say that it did. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Your response doesn't address the subjct of the post. The post is about restoring the Fairness Doctrine. Are you against that? </font color>

eg8r
04-09-2007, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The post is about restoring the Fairness Doctrine. Are you against that? <hr /></blockquote> Yes. We have freedom of speech for a reason.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
required TV and radio to present issues OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE in an accurate, thorough, and equitable manner. There were rules, which specifically protected groups and individuals from personal attacks and rules requiring equal time for opposing political viewpoints.

This FAIRNESS DOCTRINE was originally adopted in 1949 as a counter-measure against the rise of GLOBAL FASCISM . <hr /></blockquote>

I don't think it is about removing freedom of speech, I think it is a safegaurd against lies and propaganda, and a safegaurd against fascism. Do you think that people who report the news, or write op-ed, should be held to some sort of standard? Journalism is a profession, which has the capacity to impact global, and national war and many other kinds of distress against humanity. Thats a lot of power. Should people with such power be held to some sort of standard?

gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-09-2007, 07:58 AM
In the end, the newspaper, TV station, etc is a business. They are in the business to make money and should capitalize in those areas which legally make them and their shareholders as much money as possible.

eg8r

Qtec
04-09-2007, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> In the end, the newspaper, TV station, etc is a business. They are in the business to make money and should capitalize in those areas which legally make them and their shareholders as much money as possible.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
The founders of the United States enacted the First Amendment to distinguish their new government from that of England, which had long censored the press and prosecuted persons who dared to criticize the British Crown. As Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart explained in a 1974 speech, the "primary purpose" of the First Amendment was "to create a fourth institution outside the government as an additional check on the three official branches" (the executive branch, the legislature and the judiciary). <hr /></blockquote>

An Additional check!- NOT a propoganda machine spouting lies and misinformation for the Govt.
Its a disaster for democracy when a political party has its own tv station.
Q

wolfdancer
04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Gayle, you are a thorn in the sides of the rabble right here....and this is particularly irritating as they wanted GWB to be their thorn.. "Then all the trees finally turned to the thornbush and said, `Come, you be our king!' - Judges 9:14"
While they cry "freedom of speech" here...do we want our news fair and balanced ...or controlled by the highest bidder?...and isn't it odd that it's always a Republican President that opposes this?
Thank God we do have something like CNN, or Cheney's report of "proven" ties would be unchallenged.....
I think this admin has accomplished what it set out to do...divide America by creating fear and hatred, of anyone, any group, that dares to question their policies.
The "freedoms" that these people espouse, are always at the expense of others...non-smokers, organized labor, safe working conditions and min pay, etc
You always back up your assertions with media reports, books...etc....they reply with insults,cutesy labels ....nothing factual.....
Richard gave me a couple of sites to go to...where knowledgeable people discuss politics, the war, and other world affairs.
Here though, you can get a better idea of how a certain group can keep denying facts, and remain loyal to this admin.....
All it take is some adjustments.....just as the cold days of winter in NYC "proved" that global warming is a myth....they first "proved" that Iraq was a nuclear threat (overlooking the fact that Iran will soon be)....then they showed the "free" people voting...as a great thing, even as their city lay in ruins, whatever other freedoms that they had, severely impacted.....AND, now, four years later, they have "proved" Saddam and Osama were bunk buddies. I wish they could "prove' that they didn't overlook warnings about an attack before 9/11...
Haliburton, for one is glad they ignored it, and so is that defense contractor down in Orlando...
Historians, decades from now, will still be talking about this corrupt, inept admin, and it failed policies...I hope they will also research how one group was so easily led by fear, hatred, and greed...into placing these people into power.

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope they will also research how one group was so easily led by fear, hatred, and greed...into placing these people into power.

<hr /></blockquote> \

I think John Dean's book, "Without Conscience" was the first book to address the phenomena we witness, the supporters of the fascist regime we presently now face. He goes into great detail, using the psychological tests which were used to understand how such leaders as Hitler, authoritarian leader, manipulate the authoritarian followers, who believe their furor can do no wrong, even to the point of denying reality.

A free press is so important, but the power of that, too, must have checks.

Cheney, and Orrin Hatch, both on talk shows, both lying. Atleast Hatch withdrew his lies about Carol Lam, from last weeks Meet The Press, and apologized.

Some people just don't get the importance of having checks on our Government, at all. Some don't understand the importance of the people of a nation, with such power as the United States, have an obligation to understand through study, the other side of every action taken by their Government. Blind followers are not the stuff this country was made of. When Bush and his cabinet began to compare those who question their actions, as being on the side of terrorists, I couldn't believe my ears! When I heard others take up the same mantle, I was shocked.

"When fascism comes, it comes with a smile on it's face"

I guess some just don't get it?

love,
gayle

wolfdancer
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Good post....I hope to read that book. I know in part it all depends on creating an enemy, then anything done with it's stated purpose of defeating that enemy will not be questioned.
In this country, hatred of Jews has been replaced by hatred of liberals.....and anybody that is against Bush...is automatically a liberal (oddly enough his failed economic polocies, his waste of money, the increase in Big government is all blamed on his being too liberal)
He's the right wing Lon Chaney "the man of a thousand faces"
He is a conservative,.. Christian( yeah,and I'm a saint)when
he does something along those lines...and a liberal when they try to write off his failures...of which he has many...
Cheney...has only one face...and while his smile may not be Fascist...it is the smile of a totalitarian....

1 a : of or relating to centralized control by an autocratic leader or hierarchy : AUTHORITARIAN, DICTATORIAL; especially : DESPOTIC b : of or relating to a political regime based on subordination of the individual to the state and strict control of all aspects of the life and productive capacity of the nation especially by coercive measures (as censorship and terrorism)
2 a : advocating or characteristic of totalitarianism b : completely regulated by the state especially as an aid to national mobilization in an emergency c : exercising autocratic powers : tending toward monopoly

eg8r
04-09-2007, 02:34 PM
A business is a business. To no one's surprise you have googled for 5 straight hours and found one person on this planet that said something at some point in which you feel might be twistable to suit your purpose. You don't know what you are talking about and you look foolish flailing around here with your google findings.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm always amazed at the spin you and Ed try to put on things.
For the record....I'm against your idea that it is alright to buy, then "manage" the news......
Actually since you never back up your take on a topic with anything constructive....and just add personal insults...it's you that comes across as looking foolish, and flailing around.
I'm amazed that I keep replying to your posts. I wonder if you write that crap with a straight face, or you are just trying to agitate people that have a sense of morality...
I thought for a long time you might be just some teen with a chip on your shoulder....
I doubt they would let you on a H.S. debating team with your
attitude.

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
They are much more than just businesses, Ed. There ARE thing, more important than the bottom line, you know. The lap dogs of this administration that allowed themselves to be used by the administration to promote a war, when their stories were not supported, just handed out to them by Rove and cheney, leaked, owe this country a great big apology! People are dying because they had no integrity. Is that a sin, to love money so much that you'll do ANYTHING for money, ANYTHING AT ALL?

Journalism, anything spoken on the news, or written in News Papers, should be held to some professional standard.

Gee, what if you sold foam for putting out fires, would that give you the right to run around the country yelling fire in Movie theaters?

Do Drug companies have a right to sell us drugs that can kill us, if they help their bottom line?

Corporations are killing all of us, destroying our environment, which your children must live in, and their children, and they lie about the poisons they are putting out there that make us all ill, and kill us. Is that OK as long as their stock holders, and their fascist owners and CEO's are showing a good bottom line??

gayle in Md.

Qtec
04-09-2007, 07:08 PM
"the one person on the planet"? Googling for 5 hours!!!!"

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Its COMMON SENSE that the Con meant that there should be a FREE PRESS outside Govt control. They saw the INDEPENDANT free press as check on Govt propoganda, not a vehicle for speading it!
How could they have envisioned cable TV and satellite's and the web in those days?
If the FCC handed out fines for lies on news stations instead of JJ's nipple, Fox would go bankrupt in a week.
If there is responsibility there must also be accountability.

BTW, Fox was invented for political purposes- thats clear. They are not interested in the truth. They are part of the problem.

Q

eg8r
04-09-2007, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are much more than just businesses, Ed. There ARE thing, more important than the bottom line, you know. <hr /></blockquote> This is only true for those who are outside of the business. If you are a shareholder, you only care about one thing, the bottom line. It is the responsibility of the executives to make sure the bottom line stays at a respectable (always increasing) level.

[ QUOTE ]
Is that a sin, to love money so much that you'll do ANYTHING for money, ANYTHING AT ALL?
<hr /></blockquote> Money is the root of all evil, however it is also the one thing that drives a successful economy. We are a capitalist economy and the bottom dollar is the only thing that matters.

I have a question, why can't liberal radio stay profitable? What happened at Air America? This was a liberal radio station, they were the voice of your beloved 70%, but they could not get anyone to listen to them. Why?

[ QUOTE ]
Journalism, anything spoken on the news, or written in News Papers, should be held to some professional standard. <hr /></blockquote> They are held to a professional standard, and if they fall below it then no one will read or watch them. Sales will drop and the almighty dollar will step in and make a few changes.

[ QUOTE ]
Gee, what if you sold foam for putting out fires, would that give you the right to run around the country yelling fire in Movie theaters?
<hr /></blockquote> Nope, however if you paid for advertising on a radio or tv station you could prove how effective your product is. No different than Conservative talk radio. They know they left is out there lying to the masses so they put up the money and talk about it. Guess what, Conservative radio is thriving. Your beloved 70% could not help Air America.

[ QUOTE ]
Do Drug companies have a right to sell us drugs that can kill us, if they help their bottom line? <hr /></blockquote> Strawman. Murder is a violation of another law.

[ QUOTE ]
Corporations are killing all of us, <hr /></blockquote> It is never your fault is it. Responsibility is a word you are never to old to learn. Consuming in excess is killing you, your indulgences and addictions will kill you. The corporation is not doing anything to you other than providing a product or service that you are willing to pay for.

[ QUOTE ]
Is that OK as long as their stock holders, and their fascist owners and CEO's are showing a good bottom line??
<hr /></blockquote> It is their job to increase the bottom dollar. It is the governments job to make sure they are policed and fall within the limits and regulations of the law.

eg8r

eg8r
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually since you never back up your take on a topic with anything constructive <hr /></blockquote> You are doing the same thing. Did you have anything else to say?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm amazed that I keep replying to your posts. <hr /></blockquote> Me to.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought for a long time you might be just some teen with a chip on your shoulder....
I doubt they would let you on a H.S. debating team with your
attitude.
<hr /></blockquote> I wish I was a teen, but if I started discussing age I knew I would not be able to compete with "an old dog". Teaching them new tricks is impossible, just take a look at your quotes above.

By the way, just what type of attitude do you think is coming across when you act like some elitist and try and lead me to the light? Not much a debater yourself.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Ed, you are missing my point again...as usual...
You jump on every post that Gayle and Q make, where they are referencing some news item from the media. You may not agree with what they are quoting, or their take on the article....but if you want to make a counterpoint....personal insults won't do it.(see, I'm trying to help you out here)
It's just not a logical debate...and it's the main reason why Richard (snakebyte)left....
I very seldom quote a news article.....got tired of the "kill the messenger" mindset of the right here.
It's equally amazing to me how you guys are now trying your best to smear Nancy Pelosi.....as if that will somehow cleanse the sins of GWB.......

wolfdancer
04-09-2007, 11:06 PM
You'll never see your endeared O'Reilly, or Ann Couter, mentioned in the same breath as a respected journalist like Ed Murrow
To be persuasive we must be belivable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful.
Edward R. Murrow

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
Edward R. Murrow

We cannot make good news out of bad practice.
Edward R. Murrow

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.
Edward R. Murrow

What you are saying with your "bottom line" line (seems to me) that it's OK to replace news with propaganda

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Yes, that is exactly what he's saying. For Ed, unfortunately, and also Steve, IMO, their only concern is for "The Party" and therefore, if lies are told, and the media helps to promote those lies, that's fine, as long as it is for the party, and their tax cuts are maintained.

If Bush dilutes Cafe' standards, drinking water standards, and legal protections enforced by the Government to keep people here safer from cancer, and disease, that's OK too, as long as the Corporate Fascists pigs can maintain their bottom line.

Anything that requires business to spend money for the common good, they view as bad for the economy, and screw the health and welfare of future generations, the planet, or the future of mankind.

If the West has a history of occupations of Arab countries, for the purpose of exploiting them, and killing off their innocents for the sake of their own greed, and that leads to unrest, outrage and terrorism, don't dare be broad minded enough to care about what caused the unrest, and dangerous ideology in the first place, just continue the slaughter, for the furor is never wrong, hence, we must suspend our powers of deduction, our intellect, and our very conscience, or be called traitors.

We have read and watched their M.O. here for over four years. In that time proof has emerged that Bush lied us into this war. That our country has been robbed by the administration's no bid contracts, for their cronies,their Corporate Fascist friends. That we have a group of people running this country who are not only incompetent, and dishonest, but whose party has paved the way for their unlawful actions. We have watched the evidence pile up that they have broken our laws, spied on citizen's private conversations, and their personal financial information, without cause, even what they read, and corrupt the Department Of Justice, the C.I.A., the Pentagon, and unprecedented numbers of their party caught taking bribes, and using tax payers money to pay off the crooks who are still robbing our country as we write. It is not only unpatriotic, it is actually a continuous reminder of the dangerous results of greed, ignorance and apathy.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, IMO, and any support for what we have witnessed with George Bush running the show, is certainly not in the best interest of this country. When cause and effect is denied, reality pushed under the vail of the ridiculous, and results of incompetence argued away over and over as par for the course, I believe our country, our way of life, our health, safety, and future, is threatened, and that should be cause for those of us who have studied the factual side, to become outspoken, and take every action posible to remove power from the party which has done so much devastating damage to country, our way of life, and our children's and grand Children's lives.

We should be in the streets, demanding impeachment, and showing the world that when opur countries methods are wrong, illegal, corrupt, and inhumane, those of us who call ourselves American, will take a stand for what is right, and remove a President, and his cabinet for treason against our country, and the laws to which we have committed ourselves as a nation. Anything less make us part of the problem, and allows them to continue to build the lies and propaganda which contributed to the mess we find ourselves in at present.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are much more than just businesses, Ed. There ARE thing, more important than the bottom line, you know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only true for those who are outside of the business. If you are a shareholder, you only care about one thing, the bottom line. It is the responsibility of the executives to make sure the bottom line stays at a respectable (always increasing) level.

<font color="red">OIC, so I take it you don't mind if these businesses put poisons into our enviroment which may later cause your children to die of cancer, have children who pay with malformed bodies, and mental disabilities, as long as Government stays away from forcing Corporations to do their share to maintain a clean environment, and as long as share holders get the best return on their money....I understand. </font color>

Quote:

Is that a sin, to love money so much that you'll do ANYTHING for money, ANYTHING AT ALL?

Money is the root of all evil, however it is also the one thing that drives a successful economy. We are a capitalist economy and the bottom dollar is the only thing that matters.

<font color="red">Gotcha Ed. I had suspected such a philosophy from you, didn't want to believe it, really, but you have made your values quite clear with that statement. I'm sure your Minister in your church agrees with you. </font color>

I have a question, why can't liberal radio stay profitable? What happened at Air America? This was a liberal radio station, they were the voice of your beloved 70%, but they could not get anyone to listen to them. Why?

<font color="red">Probably because they wouldn't take any money from Corporate Fascist pigs? All the evil money goes to the right wing stations, and to the worst thieves of all, the millionaire leaders of the religious businesses, you know the ones, the Evangelical Christian right, who supported the furor. But they provide a great service to the country. If you give them enough money for their mansions, and their great personal fortunes, they can lead you to the savior, and insure mortality.</font color>

Quote:

Journalism, anything spoken on the news, or written in News Papers, should be held to some professional standard.

They are held to a professional standard, and if they fall below it then no one will read or watch them. Sales will drop and the almighty dollar will step in and make a few changes.

<font color="red">Ah, but Ed, we can't rely on that anymore. These days we have a certain percentage of Americans who are led only by the almighty dollar, can justify anything done against the best interest of the country, and are hungry for input that will assist their ignorant, uneducated opinions, and they propensity for denial. Fortunately, the numbers are dwindling, as more and more factual information furfaces, but unless congress makes headway in taking back the Department Of Justice fro the Bush White House, and tactics from such thugs as Karl Rove, tom Delay, Dick Cheney, and the Republican Parties ilegal election shenanigans, we may see Democrats indicted for crimes they didn't committ, and judges willing to take part in the miscarriage of justice. </font color>

Quote:

Nope, however if you paid for advertising on a radio or tv station you could prove how effective your product is. <font color="red">LOL, now that's a good one, Ed. Apply directly to the forehead. </font color> No different than Conservative talk radio. They know they left is out there lying to the masses so they put up the money and talk about it. Guess what, Conservative radio is thriving. <font color="red">Hm, as I understand it, Fox is losing viewers, and Limbaugh, also. Coulter has been banned from a number of campuses, and they just put the I Man on suspension. Waves of the future? </font color> Your beloved 70% could not help Air America. <font color="red">Air America did not go off the air because they didn't have listeners, Ed. And, one of their people is running for Congress, and is so far ahead of his Republican counterpart. </font color>

Quote:

Do Drug companies have a right to sell us drugs that can kill us, if they help their bottom line?

Strawman. Murder is a violation of another law.
<font color="red">The Law? I guess you haven't heard, Medical mal-practice, has been diluted by the Bush administration, and standards have been relaxed, by his appointee, who is looking the other way in the interest of your beloved Corporate facsist friends. </font color>

Quote:

Corporations are killing all of us,

It is never your fault is it.
<font color="red">What, is never my fault? </font color>
Responsibility is a word you are never to old to learn.
<font color="red">LOL, tell me, do you take responsibility for voting twice for and incompetent President, and his incompetent, law breaking appointees? </font color>

Consuming in excess is killing you, your indulgences and addictions will kill you. <font color="red">LOL, well Ed, I have no addictions, but since your bringing up addictions, I weigh about 120, lbs, exercise everyday, am in excellent health, and I'm sixty-two years old. Care to tell us what you weigh, and how you take responsibility for your health? Furthermore, I did not rely on hand outs, to educate my daughter, and Have worked very hard to provide for myself and my family, without breaking any laws, or poluting the environment. </font color> The corporation is not doing anything to you other than providing a product or service that you are willing to pay for. <font color="red">The corporations which have stolen from us all, have done damage to our country, along with the Corporations which have been given a bye by the Bush Administration, to lower polution standards, and continue to polute the planet. </font color>

Quote:

Is that OK as long as their stock holders, and their fascist owners and CEO's are showing a good bottom line??

It is their job to increase the bottom dollar. It is the governments job to make sure they are policed and fall within the limits and regulations of the law. <font color="red"> Oh, I see, and isn't that exactly what Bush has diluted, the laws by which they have been held accountable? did he not reduce Cafe' Standards, to help with their bottom line? I won't bother to list all the actions taken by this administration, like reducing arsenic standards in our drinking water, and reducing funding for many of our government agencies which oversee the quality of our food and water. Reducing factory clean air and water standards. Overseeing our health regulations costs money, Ed, and your loving Corporations have been paying off Republicans for years to get out of being held to any standards at all, with the support of George Bush.</font color>

eg8r

eg8r
04-10-2007, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OIC, so I take it you don't mind if these businesses put poisons into our enviroment which may later cause your children to die of cancer, <hr /></blockquote> Strawman. I did not say what I minded? Why are you putting words in my mouth.

[ QUOTE ]
Gotcha Ed. I had suspected such a philosophy from you, didn't want to believe it, really, but you have made your values quite clear with that statement. I'm sure your Minister in your church agrees with you. <hr /></blockquote> I guess I was tricked into agreeing with your post. You got me you sneaky sneaky person.

[ QUOTE ]
Probably because they wouldn't take any money from Corporate Fascist pigs? <hr /></blockquote> LOL, now that is funny. They don't mind being the facists and telling those Corporations what they can do with their money but they won't allow a fellow facist to cover the stations expenses.

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, but Ed, we can't rely on that anymore. <hr /></blockquote> Sure we can and we do every day.

[ QUOTE ]
Hm, as I understand it, Fox is losing viewers, and Limbaugh, also. <hr /></blockquote> Yeah and they are migrating to the other Right wing stations and programs which are growing in number. No matter how you slice it (one right wing program goes down another gains those viewers) Air America died and those people had no where else to go.

[ QUOTE ]
The Law? I guess you haven't heard, Medical mal-practice, has been diluted by the Bush administration, and standards have been relaxed, by his appointee, who is looking the other way in the interest of your beloved Corporate facsist friends.
<hr /></blockquote> Medical malpractice suits were way way way out of control as it was. A little order never hurt anyone.

[ QUOTE ]
What, is never my fault? <hr /></blockquote> Exactly, nothing is ever your fault. You blame W, corporations and every one else.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, well Ed, I have no addictions, but since your bringing up addictions, I weigh about 120, lbs, exercise everyday, am in excellent health, and I'm sixty-two years old. <hr /></blockquote> Exercise all you want, in the end no matter how healthy you are no one is getting out alive.

[ QUOTE ]
The corporations which have stolen from us all <hr /></blockquote> Yup they just reached into your pocket and took it all.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I see, and isn't that exactly what Bush has diluted <hr /></blockquote> Maybe, maybe not. It still does not change the fact that we don't need the fairness doctrine.

Life is not Fair.

eg8r

eg8r
04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(see, I'm trying to help you out here)
<hr /></blockquote> Go read my post again, your "help" is ill-advised.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 01:26 PM
This war is proof, to me, that the FCC should re-instate their former regulations. Only someone who was getting something out of lies, or failed to acknowlege that the right wing press assisted this administration in the selling of an un-necessary war, based on trumped up intelligence, could be against implementing standards of truth, and against false slander, in the media, and journalism.

Ultimately, truth, is the only thing that can save our country from fascism. Believe me, Ed, if Bush had told the truth, and said, he wasn't sure, but he "Thought" that Saddam just might have WMD's, there would be over thirty two hundred American troops, and who knows how many Iraqis, British, and journalists and contractors, still alive.

You don't send a country to war on "Maybe's" or "what if's" War is to be a last resort, not something that a President can use his fascist friends in the press to help him "Sell" to Americans, so they will sacrifice their lives, and die to prevent, when the threat does not exist.

You see, the Judith Millers and the Robert Novaks, have been know to do this sort of thing before. It should be stopped, and those who operate under false pretenses, should be held accountable.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-10-2007, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This war is proof, to me <hr /></blockquote> It certainly is not proof to me.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't send a country to war on "Maybe's" or "what if's" War is to be a last resort, not something that a President can use his fascist friends in the press to help him "Sell" to Americans, so they will sacrifice their lives, and die to prevent, when the threat does not exist. <hr /></blockquote> I don't remember any of the vast liberal media outlets disagreeing with W in the beginning. When he made his address to the nation to go after Saddam everyone agreed with him even Kerry (remember he voted for the war before he voted against it). What got us in the war had nothing to do with the media therefore this example does not have any positive outcome for a push to reintroduce the fairness doctrine.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Ed, it doesn't matter who disagreed, the war would have never been a subject of consideration if Bush, and his corporate Media connections, hadn't been able to use the power of the American Press to "Sell" the war, with false statements, and lies. And, also, there were people who spoke out against the occupation of Iraq, and THEY were demonized by the right wing press...oh, and BTW, John Kerry was saying wrong war, wrong place, wrong time. You seem to be unable to acknowlege that if Bush hadn't lied, and built a case on false, jury rigged information, hiding the facts that did not support the WMD/Saddam theory, against the opinions and warnings of the top people in the special Alex, terrorist unit, and others in the C.I.A., and the Pentagon, among them Colin Powell, for example, most in Congress would never have supported any occupation in Iraq, and the Majority of Democrats in the house, voted against the war.

The right wing Press, Civilian Bushies within the Federal Government, and Bush's appointed puppets, promoted this war with lies, false and/or forced intel, and by using fear, and the patriotic response to 9/11, as their vehicle.

9/11, was their fault, to begin with. That has been proven. Not by their Republican led 9/11 whitewash investigation, but by all the books that retired Generals, Resigned C.I.A., and F.B.I., and Pentagon, Centcom, Alex Unit specialists, Special Forces, European Intelligence Directors, they are all in agreement about these things. The arrow of guilt points straight to Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld, and Powell allowed himself to be used, couldn't live with himself afterwards, and resigned, and now says his UN testimony, pre occupation, would forever be a black mark on his record. How can you possibly not see the danger of losing gaurds against regulations against lies and slander fomented by the press?

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-10-2007, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, it doesn't matter who disagreed, the war would have never been a subject of consideration if Bush, and his corporate Media connections, hadn't been able to use the power of the American Press to "Sell" the war, <hr /></blockquote> You are flat wrong, the war would never have been a subject if 9/11 never happened. The media had nothing to do with it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-10-2007, 02:30 PM
The media had a lot to do with it. Journalists like Judith Miller were used by the administration to write about "leaks" which were given to them by the administration, and then the articles those same journalists wrote, were quoted on News shows, by the administration. They leaked false info, then quoted the same false info they leaked. Just the same way they planted their own Bushies in the C.I.A., to sift through the intelligence for intel which had already been designated as not intelligable, not likely, laughable or false, and used it anyway, to build a case for war.

They are treasonist liars, and should be stood before the firing squad, to pay for all those who have died because they lied, and then followed that ups with more lies, and complete incompetence.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Yes, that is exactly what he's saying. For Ed, unfortunately, and also Steve, IMO, their only concern is for "The Party"
Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

Then your opinion is wrong! I don't give a rat's a$$ about either party. They (BOTH OF THEM) are the root cause for most of the problems we face today. Washington is all about supporting the party and getting elected. Neither party represents the people. If they did, the illegals would be on their way out, not still piling in!
Steve

Qtec
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
How many times must it be repeated to you that Saddam and 9/11 were NOT connected.

[ QUOTE ]
The media had nothing to do with it. <hr /></blockquote>

Ever heard of Judith Miller? You know the journalist that wrote stories for the WH that were totally untrue? Didn't Dick Cheney etc hit the Sunday morning talk shows to follow up on her 'revelations'?
You don't know anything about what really happened, do you?

Q......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Qtec
04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
How many times must it be repeated to you that Saddam and 9/11 were NOT connected.

[ QUOTE ]
The media had nothing to do with it. <hr /></blockquote>

Ever heard of Judith Miller? You know the journalist that wrote stories for the WH that were totally misleading and in some things untrue? Didn't Dick Cheney etc hit the Sunday morning talk shows to follow up on her 'revelations'? ie, they got her to publish their own propaganda and then used her story to back up their case for war./ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You don't know anything about what really happened, do you?

How come 70% of Americans before the war believed that Saddam was involved in 9/11?
Who implied a link between S and Al Q?
Who is still doing it today despite the fact that EVERY report to date rjects Cheney's assertions??

Q......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif BTW, I'm leaving the typo in so that you will at least have SOMETHING to say, however irrelevant.

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Well, I agree with you about illegal aliens. Where we would disagree, is that the Republicans opened the door for the onslaught of illegals coming into our country, when RR sent them the message that if they could get here illegally, they could stay and get amnesty. I'm sick and tired of seeing those in positions of the most power, ignore our laws.

Did you vote, Steve? If both parties are currupt, whom did you vote for?

All joking aside, if Americans would vote for the people with the least amount of campaign money, we could atleast attempt to turn around the selling out to corporate America that goes on. Funny thing is that the best people for the job of presidency usually are the ones who collect the least, IMO. I don't know about you, but that tells me something about the overly powerful corporate thieves. it isn't that hard to track the money straight from the campaign, to the legislation and no bid contracts.

Gayle

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Yet you support the party that supports terrorism, in spite of all your rhetoric, Dick Cheney has made bundles, along with George Bush, off the so called axis of evil. There is a history of Democrats trying to put a stop to American companies, owned and operated by the Corporate Fascist Pigs, financing terrorism. Cheney has defended this for decades, hence, he has secret meetings with the U.S. Oil cartel, and willing to go all the way to the Supreme Court to fight any sunshine from invading his dark conncection with terrorism, and how he has made his money off the blood of American soldiers for decades.

Iran and Halliburton

"If these companies are going through the back door to invest in terrorist nations, Congress must take action to immediately close, lock and seal those doors," Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) the ranking Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee said in February 2004.1

As investigators from 60 Minutes discovered, Halliburton has used an offshore subsidiary incorporated in the Cayman Islands (where the company has no oil and gas construction or engineering operations) to trade with Iran, a country that the Bush administration has described as part of an "axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world."2

Federal law disallows American companies from transacting business with nations that sponsor terrorism, but foreign subsidiaries of such companies are not banned from such transactions. In May 2004, the U.S. Senate voted against legislation that would have stopped companies like Halliburton from using offshore subsidiaries to invest in Iran. The legislation was defeated in a 50-49 vote, mostly along party lines.

As CEO of Halliburton, Mr. Cheney lobbied the Clinton administration to ease sanctions on Libya and Iran, according to various news reports. "I think we'd be better off if we, in fact, backed off those sanctions [on Iran], didn't try to impose secondary boycotts on companies .. trying to do business there," Cheney told an Australian television interviewer in April 1998.3

According to the Financial Times, before he was elected (but after he resigned from Halliburton) Cheney "has said the company is allowed to operate legally in Iran through its foreign subsidiaries."4 "What we do with respect to Iran and Libya is done through foreign subsidiaries, totally in compliance with US law," Cheney told ABC Television's Sam Donaldson. When Donaldson suggested, "it's a way around US law," Cheney replied: "No, no, it's provided for us specifically with respect to Iran and Libya."5 If you're a big multinational that's able to incorporate around the world, you don't have to worry.

As Vice President, Cheney led the National Energy Review which concluded in 2001 that the US should "level the playing field for US companies overseas" and recommended a comprehensive review of sanctions with consideration given to US "energy security."6

The Financial Times reported just before the Iraq War in March 2003 that "the Pentagon is drawing up a blacklist of non-US companies investing in Iran's energy sector, with a possible view to barring them from US-awarded contracts in the reconstruction of neighboring Iraq."7 In 1995, President Clinton passed an executive order barring U.S. investment in Iran's energy sector.8 In 1996, Congress passed the Iran-Libya Sanctions Act, which seeks to punish non-US oil companies that invest $20 million or more in either country, and which has been a source of friction with key US allies, including France, Germany, Russia and the UK.9

Halliburton says their firm is in compliance with U.S. laws.

But in a letter to Treasury Secretary John Snow, Baucus and Finance Committee Chairman Charles Grassley (R-IA), pointed to Halliburton subsidiary Halliburton Products and Services Ltd. "This subsidiary is nominally located in the Cayman Islands, but according to media reports does not conduct any actual business in the Cayman Islands or even maintain a functioning office. ... We are concerned about this specific example, and about the possibility that this may be indicative of a more widespread problem."10

In a letter to New York City's fire and policy pension fund managers, who have also been raising the issue on behalf of Halliburton's shareholders, the company said that Halliburton Products and Services, a Cayman islands firm headquartered in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, made over $39 million in 2003 (a $10 million increase from 2002) by selling oil-field services to customers in Iran.11

When CBS Television's 60 Minutes program visited the address where Halliburton Products and Services is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, they discovered a "brass plate" operation with no employees whose agent - the Calidonian Bank -- forwards all of the company's mail to Halliburton's offices in Houston (instead of the company's operations in Dubai), "indicating that decision-making authority may be in Houston, not the Cayman Islands or Dubai," according to the Senators. In addition, it was reported that Halliburton's operations in Dubai share the same address, telephone and fax numbers as Halliburton Products and Services - an indication that the companies do not function separately.12

"It is extremely disturbing to hear media reports of possible violations of our anti-terrorism laws by prominent American companies through straw corporations established to evade U.S. law. What makes these charges extraordinary is the involvement of the Vice President, since Halliburton Products and Services began operations in Iran during the time that Vice President Cheney was CEO of Halliburton," Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) wrote in a letter to her colleagues.

The U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control recently asked the company for new information about the subsidiary, according to a filing with the SEC.

In early March 2003, the SEC's new Office of Global Security Risk announced that it would be hiring five full-time staff to look at companies with ties to rogue nations.13

ConocoPhillips agreed to cut its business connections with Iran and Syria in February 2002.14 But Halliburton uses its ability to incorporate subsidiaries all over the world to evade any U.S. restrictions on foreign regimes that are considered too odious for the legislators in Washington.

During the 1990s, under Cheney's leadership Halliburton did business with the former Nigerian regime of dictator Sani Abacha, a brutal military dictator. The Abacha regime threw thousands of political opponents into prison, and executed nine environmental activists, including the playwright Ken Saro-Wiwa.

also this...http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/22/60minutes/main595214.shtml

Bush and Cheney are funding this so called War On Terror, from both sides. Money that Americans have in their 401K's, goes to finance terrorism, and may don't even know it. Republicans have been at the epicenter of these illegal actions by the energy cartel in this country, for decades, Rumsfeld, Bush Sr. And Jr., Cheney, Bremer, Woldowitz, Ledeem, all those same neocons who pushed for the invasions in iraq, and are now waiting for the Iraqi parliament to vote on their proposals for the oil. Our kids, are literally giving their lives, to add to the billions owned by the Neocon Republicans, who are all involved in the "Project For The New AMerican Century" and The American Enterprise Institute.

A vote for Republicans, is a vote for fascism.

Both parties are NOT the same.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-11-2007, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A vote for Republicans, is a vote for fascism. <hr /></blockquote> No more than a vote for Democrats is a vote for facism/communism.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 12:26 PM
The Democrats are representing the people, Ed, that's why the American People have given the highest approval rating of Congress since Bush appointed himself King. They are listening to their consitutents, and putting through bills which Americans, by majority, approve of. They are trying to protect our troops, which Bush has failed miserably to do. They are following the findings of the Hamilton-Baker Study, having a dialog with countries which we need to bring to the negotiating table, by going to those countries and engaging the leaders, with a BI-PARTISAN group of Congressmen and Senators. They are implementing pay-go, to try to stop your extravagant president who says give me the money, and don't expect any accountability, because I am KING!

Goerge Bush is a F-up, period. The Republicans not only allowed it, but they joined him in his deciet, lies, theft, and the waste of blood and treasure, in a policy made up of fantasy.

All I can say is, if you want to write about crooks, take a good long look at Republcians, and especially their disgusting evangelical religious right millionairs and billionairs, who are nothing but con men, who rob the naive' public with a carrot of immortality.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-11-2007, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Democrats are representing the people, Ed, that's why the American People have given the highest approval rating of Congress since Bush appointed himself King. <hr /></blockquote> Oh they are not. Your wonderful 40% means nothing other than 60% don't agree.

[ QUOTE ]
The Republicans not only allowed it, but they joined him in his deciet, lies, theft, and the waste of blood and treasure, in a policy made up of fantasy.
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, you crack me up with all this bull. Keep it up, one day someone might believe it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
That wasn't it...it was a 40% increase in the approval rating.

Ed, there will be demonstrations all over the country the end of the month. Brigham Young University had demonstrations against Cheney's appearance there, holding up signs calling him a liar, saying he has no integrity. Three four star Generals have refused to take the war czar position offered to them recently by Bush. Between 60 and 70% of American People think that Bush's policies are not efficatious, and that he lied us into the war. A hefty 50 to 60 percent in recent polls are now saying Bush should be impeached. Republicans are calling for Gonzales's removal. Rice is being forced to testify the day after Gonzales. Your party is coming apart. The lies colossal corruption being further exposed every week. But you just continue to tell me, that I'm all wrong, and you've got the ticket!!

I'm quite sure that in the end, both you and Steve and your new little automatons on here will have proven that your judgement was on target, and the other 70% of the people in this country were all wrong about Bush...who is now sending ALL our troops back into the slaughter, in spite of the fact that deaths are going up more and more...and Cheney is STILL out there lying!!!

eg8r
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, there will be demonstrations all over the country the edn of the month. Brigham Young University had demonstrations against Cheney's appearance there, holding up signs calling him a liar, and no integrity. Three four star Generals have refused to take the war zar position offered to the by Bush. Between 60 and 70% of American People think that Bush's policies are not efficatious, and that he lied us into the war. A hefty 50 to 60 percent in recent polls are not saying Bush should be impeached. Republicans are calling for Gonzelas's removal. Rice is being forced to testify the day after Gonzales. Your party is coming apart. <hr /></blockquote> Keep huffing and puffing and building this fantasy for yourself.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm gonna blow your house down, /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif LMAO!

eg8r
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Bobbyrx
04-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I'll bet you believed every word she said about Libby in the trial though

Bobbyrx
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
It's funny how one little network that doesn't have a liberal spin is so irritating to the left. If you don't like it don't watch it. CNN doesn't bother me at all. I don't watch it. You have network and after network to watch to get your blame America first news. I keep seeing ad nauseum how the republicans are stealing our rights yada, yada, yada, but if the Dems want to take away freedom of speech with the "Fairness Doctrine" it's fine. If you don't like Hannity just turn on Air America. The libs are so against censorship of anything anywhere but they sure want opposing views censored

Gayle in MD
04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Fox News, and Hannity, do not give opposing views, they tell lies, as does O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Scooter Libby, Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rice, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the fascist right wing press. If the right has so much confidence in their right wing fascist broadcasters, they wouldn't have done away with the regulations, in the first place. Reagan cleared the way for Gingrich, Delay, Rove and the rest of the Republican chronic liars. Now look where we are...in guerilla warfare, nation building, for people who hate us. Now that's what I call sound foreign policy. Go attack a country that never attacked us, and call it a war on terror, unending war, at that. Halliburton, Bush and Cheney are laughing all the way to the bank!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/22/60minutes/main595214.shtml

http://lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=270516&amp;

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/cheneyflops2.html

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/about_hal/iran.html

http://action.priceofoil.org/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=6978&amp;t=wide.dwt

Fascists!!!

eg8r
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fox News, and Hannity, do not give opposing views <hr /></blockquote> Sure they have Colmes on there but like the rest of the left he looks like a blumbering idiot when asked questions real time. This is why the left is so prevalent in TV News and print, they cannot be questioned. This is why Air America does not succeed. Give someone a chance to call in on their BS and they look like buffoons.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Well, Ed, it would seem to me that now that the majority of Americans have woken up to Bush's lies, and incompetence, much of what people like Hannity, Limbaugh, Fox's misleading positions on many many issues and events, the Judith Millers, and Robert Novaks, the Tony Snowjobs, and his predecessor, is now finally being questioned, scrutinized, and deemed unreliable by the majority of United States citizens. Regardless of the partisan BS, the ideal questioned in the post, is whether or not, the media, should be held to some standard in reporting the news and events which can, and did, help to lead this country into a quagmire. IMO, a professional standard should be the goal, unless we want to subscribe to dishonest propaganda, and there is a reason why Orwell has been so often referenced in discussions regarding the Bush Administration, and why long time, respected White House Correspondents, who have covered presidents all the way back to Truman, are writing books which refer to the former "Watchdogs" of America, as "Lapdogs Of The Press"

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Fox News, and Hannity, do not give opposing views <hr /></blockquote> Sure they have Colmes on there but like the rest of the left he looks like a blumbering idiot when asked questions real time. <font color="blue"> Isn't that what he is there for? </font color> This is why the left is so prevalent in TV News and print, they cannot be questioned. This is why Air America does not succeed. Give someone a chance to call in on their BS and they look like buffoons.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Buffoons? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Colbert: You have not introduced a single piece of legislation since you entered Congress.

Westmoreland: That's correct.

Colbert: This has been called a do nothing Congress. Is it safe to say you're the do nothingest?

Westmoreland: I, I, ..Well there's one other do nothiner. I don't know who that is, but they're a Democrat.

Colbert: What can we get rid of to balance the budget?

Westmoreland: The Dept. of Education.

Colbert: What are the Ten Commandments?

Westmoreland: You mean all of them?--Um... Don't murder. Don't lie. Don't steal Um... I can't name them all.
[ Does this guy deserve a $3,300 pay raise?]

The guy co-sponsors a bill about the Ten Commandments and doesn't even know them. <hr /></blockquote>

The video (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/06/15.html#a8728)
is priceless.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

reggie182
04-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Thank goodness that President Reagan eliminated the vile and unAmerican "Fairness Doctrine". It is nothing more than a tool that the radical left uses to thwart free speech that differs from their own. The typical attitude of leftists toward opposing viewpoints is also demonstrated quite clearly in how they disrupt conservatives trying to speak on college campuses. In truth they hate the Bill of Rights when it obstructs the implementation of their agenda. Those who say that freedom of speech is the freedom to say what is "true" (in their opinion of course) are merely spewing Orwellian propoganda. These people are direct enemies of our basic rights as Americans and should be fought relentlessly by all Americans who care about our freedom to speak.

eg8r
04-12-2007, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure they have Colmes on there but like the rest of the left he looks like a blumbering idiot when asked questions real time. [ QUOTE ]
Isn't that what he is there for? <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Not if you ask him. Besides that, he is the perfect example of why liberals cannot handle live interaction with the audience. The liberals can spew their BS in print all they want, no one can question them, but a live audience is different. This is why right-wing based shows last.

[ QUOTE ]
Buffoons? <hr /></blockquote> Yes Q, reading yours posts here gives me a great impression of Colmes.

eg8r

eg8r
04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the partisan BS, the ideal questioned in the post, is whether or not, the media, should be held to some standard in reporting the news and events which can, and did, help to lead this country into a quagmire. <hr /></blockquote> You just want to restrict free speech if it does not agree with the fantasy you perpetuate.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Fox News, and Hannity, do not give opposing views <font color="blue">Colmes,Kirsten Powers,Juan Williams, Susan Estrich, Tammy Bruce, Joe Trippi, Mark Mellman, Bob Beckel,etc </font color> , they tell lies, as does O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Scooter Libby, Dick Cheney, Condoleeza Rice, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the fascist right wing press. <font color="blue">Wow, I didn't know they were members of the press </font color> If the right has so much confidence in their right wing fascist broadcasters, they wouldn't have done away with the regulations, in the first place. <font color="blue">???????? That's what's best about Fox news. It just irritates the left to no end. Why do you watch if you think it's all lies?

</font color>

Bobbyrx
04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
http://lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=270516&amp;

So they are moving one of their headquarters to UAE. Maybe they can get Clinton a job with them since he's doing all of that lobbying for the UAE over here. But I'm sure that's OK with you since it's Clinton. Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Gayle in MD
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't watch Fox. That would be a complete waste of my time. I've already seen the studies regarding all the untruths they tell, and know how they run their operation. It's nothing but Republican Propaganda, and Murdoch, himself, admitted that he intentionally promoted the war on beehalf of the Administration. That alone is reason enough to know what Fox is all about.

Gayle in Md,

Gayle in MD
04-12-2007, 11:29 PM
What's the fantasy, Ed? Do tell.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Just read your posts. If a quarter of the crap posted here from the left was remotely true you would have no reason to continue in real life.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Be specific, Ed, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-13-2007, 07:40 AM
I was, I did not say everyone's posts, just yours.

Good morning. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-13-2007, 07:46 AM
You know what I meant, Ed, let's hear what my fantasies are? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
04-13-2007, 07:57 AM
I refuse to continue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif That is a dark dark world of which it would be better left in your posts, in your own words.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Yep, reality ain't so sunny these days. Frotunately, we have our great REpublilcans around, to tell us that the surge is working, while the Iraqi parliament is being blown up inside the green zone, and American fatalities have already doubled this month. And we have Great guys in the department of Defense, like Gates, to explain how extending tours to fifteen months, will benefit the families of our troops, we they can make their plans with some dependable accuracy. And pigs CAN fly, and E-mails CAN vanish. It's a whole new world! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif