PDA

View Full Version : Cheney lies

Qtec
04-09-2007, 10:49 AM
On the same day this report was released Cheney was on Rush still claiming a link between Al Q and Saddam.

Q

[ QUOTE ]
Hussein's Prewar Ties To Al-Qaeda Discounted
Pentagon Report Says Contacts Were Limited
By R. Jeffrey Smith
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, April 6, 2007; A01
Captured Iraqi documents and intelligence interrogations of Saddam Hussein and two former aides "all confirmed" that Hussein's regime was not directly cooperating with al-Qaeda before the U.S. invasion of Iraq, according to a declassified Defense Department report released yesterday.
The declassified version of the report, by acting Inspector General Thomas F. Gimble, also contains new details about the intelligence community's prewar consensus that the Iraqi government and al-Qaeda figures had only limited contacts, and about its judgments that reports of deeper links were based on dubious or unconfirmed information. The report had been released in summary form in February.
The report's release came on the same day that Vice President Cheney, appearing on Rush Limbaugh's radio program, repeated his allegation that al-Qaeda was operating inside Iraq "before we ever launched" the war, under the direction of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the terrorist killed last June.
"This is al-Qaeda operating in Iraq," Cheney told Limbaugh's listeners about Zarqawi, who he said had "led the charge for Iraq." Cheney cited the alleged history to illustrate his argument that withdrawing U.S. forces from Iraq would "play right into the hands of al-Qaeda."
Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl M. Levin (D-Mich.), who requested the report's declassification, said in a written statement that the complete text demonstrates more fully why the inspector general concluded that a key Pentagon office -- run by then-Undersecretary of Defense Douglas J. Feith -- had inappropriately written intelligence assessments before the March 2003 invasion alleging connections between al-Qaeda and Iraq that the U.S. intelligence consensus disputed.
The report, in a passage previously marked secret, said Feith's office had asserted in a briefing given to Cheney's chief of staff in September 2002 that the relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda was "mature" and "symbiotic," marked by shared interests and evidenced by cooperation across 10 categories, including training, financing and logistics.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/05/AR2007040502263_pf.html
<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Cheney is disgusting. You can actually see evil in his eyes, and especially his mouth. Isn't Feith the one that Franks called the dumbest MFer he'd ever known?

jGayle in Md.

eg8r
04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cheney lies
<hr /></blockquote> Another day in the life of Q.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Q, This is pretty funny too...well, as far as McCain, and his take on Iraq...

McCain, Day Before al-Sadr Orders: "Al-Sadr Is In Hiding. His Followers Are Not Contesting American Forces."
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/09/mccain-sadr-rally/

Even though the news isn't ever good, I swear, lately I'm laughing out loud when listening to Bush, Cheney, McCain It's like the harder they try, the funnier they get!

That Clinton seguay they show over and over, about Monica, ...

The one from Bush will be the Mushroom cloud-yellow cake-Saddam statements, by Bush, Cheney and Rice...they'll be showing that for decades, everytime anything comes up about Iraq, and three people in this country will still believe it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
04-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Thats all you can say?
How about, "Geez. 3,000+ dead and 35,000 American wounded and all for nothing? "

I said a long time ago that the Govt was making claims that they could not back up with evidence. You didn't believe me. So far the 9/11 com, this report and any other report all confirms that I was right.
Of course, to you this is a non issue!
It doesn't bother you that the VP is making claims that have MANY times been disproved.

Pathetic.

Q

[ QUOTE ]
When a senior intelligence analyst working for the government's counterterrorism task force obtained an early account of the conclusions by Feith's office -- titled "Iraq and al-Qaida: Making the Case" -- the analyst prepared a detailed rebuttal calling it of "no intelligence value" and taking issue with 15 of 26 key conclusions, the report states. <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
04-09-2007, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats all you can say? <hr /></blockquote> Your opinion on anything political means nothing to me. That is all you get. Don't like it, move on.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Q, I had to go to Nigeria....on google...to figure out Ed's reply here( his second one)
http://www.foolscap-media.com/images/editorialcartoon/senate-tactics01.gif

Qtec
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I didn't think you would have anything to say and I was right. If there IS anyone looking foolish on this board , its YOU!

BTW, this is a Pentagon report stating the facts-not my opinion.
Q

eg8r
04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think you would have anything to say and I was right. If there IS anyone looking foolish on this board , its YOU! <hr /></blockquote> It appears you had nothing to say either. If you don't like being called a hypocrite quit acting like one.

eg8r