PDA

View Full Version : Gold Crown Medalist

fritzwalker
04-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum. I've come across a table advertised as a Brunswick Gold Crown Medalist, but the plate on the table doesn't say Gold Crown, just medalist. It looks to me like an older Gold Crown. Is anyone familiar with this table? Exactly what is it, and is it the same quality as a Gold Crown?

Thanks,

Fritz

Bob_Jewett
04-10-2007, 05:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote fritzwalker:</font><hr> Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum. I've come across a table advertised as a Brunswick Gold Crown Medalist, but the plate on the table doesn't say Gold Crown, just medalist. It looks to me like an older Gold Crown. Is anyone familiar with this table? Exactly what is it, and is it the same quality as a Gold Crown? ... <hr /></blockquote>
Where I play, about half the tables are GC3s and half Medalists. All of them were installed at the same time. The Medalists could be mistaken for GCs in appearance, but have some differences. The ball racks in the front of the table are a better design on the Medalist. There have been problems with the rubber on both models, so depending on the vintage you may be looking at putting on new cushions.

If it is a used table, ask to play on it before you buy.

lewcamp
04-10-2007, 07:42 PM
If you look on the Brunswick website you will see that the gc3 is more expensive and i think it is because it has a solid wood frame underneath where the medalist has a frame made of laminated wood. I think that is the difference between the two of them. From the outside they both look pretty much the same though. Go to their website and they probably give a discription of the materials they are made of and diagrams of their construction.

fritzwalker
04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I searched the web site. I think the Medalist is no longer in production, so there was very little info.