PDA

View Full Version : Complete instructional DVD on Youtube

jt10ball
04-12-2007, 07:37 AM
I have just put up the entire instructional video for my new Laser Trainer and it can be viewed on Youtube here; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=80C27B389E4BF9A1

The Trainer is meant to help players learn faster or improve upon their Initial Aim, Alignment and Stroke. The entire DVD is almost 2hrs long and I know many of you won’t have time to sit back and watch the entire video (unless the boss is out sick) but if you could skip around a bit and pass on some of your initial thoughts or questions to me it would definitely help me prepare for some of the usually bumps and bruises associated with introducing a new product.

The entire package will consist of the Laser Trainer, a 3rd Eye Stroke Trainer, Sharp Shooter Aiming Stickers and the DVD with U.S. shipping for $160.00 & $170.00 for International orders.

Thanks in advance.

cram
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Where (and why) does the name 'laser' come from?
It seems to me that after having used this material, it is necessary to re-learn the (real)cue action. Holding a cue seems to be very different from what I see on the video's (position of the hand but also of other parts of the body).
But maybe am I missing the point?

wolfdancer
04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
It looks like a great tool to help one refine their aim....wish it had been available when I first began playing....

marek
04-17-2007, 04:46 AM
I have been using on of those products - 3rd eye stroke trainer for 2 weeks and I can tell you that its of great help to me. It helps me to find a proper aiming allignment which has been my struggle for many years...not very consistent yet but even now I know its the right way.

jt10ball
04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cram:</font><hr> Where (and why) does the name 'laser' come from?
It seems to me that after having used this material, it is necessary to re-learn the (real)cue action. Holding a cue seems to be very different from what I see on the video's (position of the hand but also of other parts of the body).
But maybe am I missing the point? <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry for the delayed response;
The position of your bridge hand is very close to its normal playing position and I do recommend that the player switch back and forth using the trainer for 5 or 10 shots and then not using it for 5 or 10 more and when you go from the trainer to your normal bridge I guarantee your stroke feels straighter than ever going through your bridge hand. As for moving other body parts that'll only be necessary if you the player decide to build your fundamentals around the proper picture that the lasers show you. I did this myself because I found that if I moved my head over to the right more (bringing my left eye into the shot more) it was the head position that agreed with the lasers the most so I ended up turning my body and feet a little to the right.
As for the learning all over part that's true and it's not true. The trainer is very, very close to playing with your normal bridge but you will be learning over because it corrects problems that players aren't even aware they have. To me this is kind of like if the average person knew how extremely difficult professional level pool was, they would appreciate it much more and our whole sport would benifit in many areas and if the average pool player was aware of their own perception, aim and alignment flaws I would sell a million of these trainers right away. But they're not and I understand why they're not, pocket billiards is very much in its infant stage when it comes to instruction, self awareness and also how information and techniques are passed on from one player or instructor to another but we are making progress and I feel all my material is helping to speed up this process. This new trainer is no exception, it's going to speed up the learning process for our newbies and correct flaws for many of our dedicated players that may have been struggling with flaws they were or weren't aware for many years.

wolfdancer
04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
If you really want to sell a million of them, you have to get the price down to $19.95, advertise on late night TV, and offer to include something extra for those that call in the next 30 minutes....or simply let Ron Popeil take the credit, and do your marketing.
I'd have to disagree with you on the current quality of pool instruction...it's good, if not excellent...esp when you think back some 20 years ago.You can't teach "feel", Imagination, and hand-eye coordination though.
As to appreciating the difficulty of playing...most of the pro shots can be accomplished by good amateurs....unlike golf where very few of us hit 300+ drives, or stiff a 120 yd wedge.
It's the pro's consistency, that is not taken into account and appreciated for it's difficulty
At first glance...I thought this just another pool "gimmick".....but I now think it's a valuable tool for correcting aiming errors....and I played for years with a consistent misalignment error.
For new players...I'd recommend this
for us senior citizens, i'll have to check first to see if Medicare will approve this to relieve my anxieties, frustrations, and overall mental health....

jt10ball
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the marketing advice lord knows that's my weak spot and if I can ever get the cost down I would sell'em for $19.95 in a heart beat.I think the 3rd Eye is proof of that.
I agree with all of your post and I was also thinking along the lines of the last 20 yrs but I would consider that our infancy stage considering how old the game is and how little use to be available but finally is. I also believe the next 50 yrs we'll make dramatic improvements when it comes to having better methods available in which to improve our players.
As for the golf comparison, good point, maybe I should have said "if the average person knew how mentally demanding our sport was" and that may have fit better.

ceebee
04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
I have a lot of Joe's training gear &amp; use it it all the time in my practice sessions.

I have found that Joe's training gear has assisted me in re-learning the "CORRECT" Image, to align my stance. If the image I see is incorrect, but not noticeably wrong to me, when I "pull the trigger", good results are often not there, which causes my confidence to suffer greatly.

I have found the subtleties in address can create major problems. Being able to address the shot &amp; know that you are viewing the "CORRECT" Image is priceless.

Thanks Joe...

cram
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> If you really want to sell a million of them, you have to get the price down to $19.95, advertise on late night TV, and offer to include something extra for those that call in the next 30 minutes....etc.
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the explanation.
But, why the use of 'laser'? Is it just metaphoric?
Marc

cushioncrawler
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> .....It's the pro's consistency, that is not taken into account and appreciated for it's difficulty. At first glance...I thought this just another pool "gimmick".....but I now think it's a valuable tool for correcting aiming errors....and I played for years with a consistent misalignment error.....<hr /></blockquote>Woolfy -- U will havta make up your mind. Which do u want. A "correct aim" , or a "consistent error". I'm sure that u will (eventually) make the "correct decision" here. madMac.

marek
04-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi Joe!
This is Marek from Czech Republic (remember our recent mail discussion?)I have one really serious complaint about your 3rd eye stroke trainer!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Today I played a game of 8ball with my friend. As I have found the proper allignment and proper picture with your trainer during last few practice sessions my breakshot has become so loud that it was almost painful to my ears. My sparring partner was complaining about that too!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif What should I do, should I return the tool to you,would you refund the price?
Just kidding Joe! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif The trainer is great, today I was potting the shots with absolute ease almost running around the table. As I finally have found the proper aiming allignment my confidence goes up, today I even didnt feel the need to use the trainer, I needed just about 10 shots to warm up before the match and fired 3-pack right from the start winning the whole set 8-2 with 5 b-and-r.
Thank you Joe, I will keep you posted about my progress.

P.s.: That breakshot is REALLY loud now + I keep potting 1-3 ball consistently /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jt10ball
04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Cuz it has 2 lasers installed and that's what ensures proper aim &amp; alignment prior to the shot.

jt10ball
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi Marek,

Same thing happened to my playing partner Ray McNamara. One day we started sparring and I was like man you're hitting the break as square and hard as ever, what's up with that? He pointed over to the 3rd Eye. So from that point on whenever I start practicing the break with my Breakrak (hi Charley) I start with the 3rd Eye on my stick.
Keep up the good work Marek, I know we'll meet some day.