PDA

View Full Version : The $25,000 miss

jjinfla
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I was watching the Texas Hold'em billiards on TV this week and there was John Schmidt shooting off the rail at the 9 ball. If he cuts the 9 in he knocks out Archer and wins it all.

So what did he do? He missed the shot and with it the game, and then the match and Archer took home the big check for $25,000.

I wonder how many times he will be going over that shot in his mind? What was going through his mind when he was lining up the shot? How much pressure was there?

Jake

bataisbest
04-14-2007, 04:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> "I was watching the Texas Hold'em billiards on TV this week and there was John Schmidt shooting off the rail at the 9 ball. If he cuts the 9 in he knocks out Archer and wins it all. "

So what did he do? He missed the shot and with it the game, and then the match and Archer took home the big check for $25,000.

I wonder how many times he will be going over that shot in his mind? What was going through his mind when he was lining up the shot? How much pressure was there?

Jake

<hr /></blockquote>

I would guess that he was thinking of the $$ and how he would spend it. Just imagine if someone came up to you and said they would give you $25,000 if you made a shot you normally make without thinking? I guarantee you that your stroke, thought process, evrything about your game would drastically be altered. Why?: Because your mind is saying "All I have to do is make this shot for the money." Alot easier said than done

Rich R.
04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> How much pressure was there?<hr /></blockquote>
I would guess, John was under more pressure than any of us, on this forum, will ever experience in a game of pool.

jjinfla
04-14-2007, 08:43 PM
For that amount of money I not only would have missed the shot I most likely would have missed the 9-ball completely.

I have missed a lot easier shots for a lot less money.

I sure can't even imagine what the pressure would have been like.

Jake

Cornerman
04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> For that amount of money I not only would have missed the shot I most likely would have missed the 9-ball completely.
<hr /></blockquote>For that amount of money, I'd split it.

Fred &lt;~~~ degenerate, but realistic

jjinfla
04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Can you imagine if before the shot the announcer asked John if he wanted to take the shot or split?

Then as John got down on the shot the announcer says to John are you sure you want to shoot that shot? John says yes then the announcer says okay John you can take the shot

-
-
-
-

right after we come back from the commercial.

Deeman3
04-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Everybody chokes, it just has to have high enough stakes to make you do it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif