PDA

View Full Version : Scotch Doubles

randyg
04-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Spiderman & Spetty the best couple is competition.

It's amazing how far some people take their game. I watched these two great players run rack after rack of 8-ball in the SWEL BCA State Tournament. Well done my friends....SPF=randyg

Deeman3
04-16-2007, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Spiderman &amp; Spetty the best couple is competition.

It's amazing how far some people take their game. I watched these two great players run rack after rack of 8-ball in the SWEL BCA State Tournament. Well done my friends....SPF=randyg <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Randy,

Tell the truth, SPetty carried the Spider on her back the whole way! Just Kidding...Both are great people and Texas should be proud to have a team like them represent the CCBer's. </font color>

SpiderMan
04-16-2007, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Spiderman &amp; Spetty the best couple is competition.

It's amazing how far some people take their game. I watched these two great players run rack after rack of 8-ball in the SWEL BCA State Tournament. Well done my friends....SPF=randyg <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Randy,

Tell the truth, SPetty carried the Spider on her back the whole way! Just Kidding...Both are great people and Texas should be proud to have a team like them represent the CCBer's. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Dee, you may be right. I managed to shoot in one early eight-ball on each day of the tournament when breaking clusters. In one case, I even decided that the ball would head for the pocket yet shot it anyway (thought I'd hit it just enough to move it off our balls). I guess I was guilty of getting too aggressive because we were shooting well.

I'm very proud of our shotmaking. Spetty was rolling long balls in consistently the whole weekend, and my banks were going so well that we were shaping for them. Several times it seemed like we were reading one another's minds.

I think we'll play better in 'Vegas, because we'll get more sleep. Thursday night I only got 3-1/2 hours of sleep because one of my matches ran until 3 am and I still had to drive home. The next morning I had my toughest singles match and my opponent kicked my nuts up between my ears. I think my contacts may have been in the wrong eyes. Friday night, if you can call it Friday night, I got a little over two hours. Our last match started at 3:30 am Saturday morning, I got to bed about 10 minutes 'til 5, and got up at 7:15 to drive back over for a 9:00 match in the team category. Saturday night I got almost four hours, which was a record. I'm going home early today to sleep some more.

SpiderMan

Ace
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I saw Spider Man &amp; SPetty at the State SWEL tourny this weekend, and they played well. They also seemed very tired as they played too.

Deeman3
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Spiderman,

Yep, the whole secret of Scotch Doubles is one stepping up when the other makes a mistake or two. It's almost too much to ask that both shoot lights out every match. We'll all be pulling for you in Vegas. Have a great time this weekend and don't let "little Efren's" Daddy whup up on y'all.

I'd give anything to be there but after having the love of my life flat run me over on a motorcycle, I'm back on Vicoden for a while.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Later,

SPetty
04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Spiderman &amp; Spetty the best couple is competition.

It's amazing how far some people take their game. I watched these two great players run rack after rack of 8-ball in the SWEL BCA State Tournament. Well done my friends....SPF=randyg <hr /></blockquote>Thanks, Randy, that's a sweet thing to say. I'm feeling pretty good with my partner - I love his attitude and I'm learning a lot! But as his partner, it seems that I screw up the shot, he puts me back in line, then I screw up the shot, then he puts me back in line. Thankfully, there was more than one time that he put me right in line for an easy dinky eight ball shot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Did you know that we were on a 30 second shot clock during the match you were watching? Brutal! The ref approached me later to tell me how well she thought we were doing under pressure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> Spiderman &amp; Spetty the best couple is competition.

It's amazing how far some people take their game. I watched these two great players run rack after rack of 8-ball in the SWEL BCA State Tournament. Well done my friends....SPF=randyg <hr /></blockquote>Thanks, Randy, that's a sweet thing to say. I'm feeling pretty good with my partner - I love his attitude and I'm learning a lot! But as his partner, it seems that I screw up the shot, he puts me back in line, then I screw up the shot, then he puts me back in line. Thankfully, there was more than one time that he put me right in line for an easy dinky eight ball shot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Did you know that we were on a 30 second shot clock during the match you were watching? Brutal! The ref approached me later to tell me how well she thought we were doing under pressure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
What irked me about the shot clock is that we were not playing slow, no one had complained, and we were actually only one game into the match. The ref said we were put on the shot clock because "we needed to get these matches done to free up the tables". Luckily, our opponents seemed to have more trouble with "speed pool" than we did.

SpiderMan

sack316
04-17-2007, 02:42 PM
While playing in Vegas if you run across a team of Earl Finney and Erica (very long last name), take it easy on them... they are my peeps! And also tell them hey for me... Erica will know who Sack is, Earl may look at you funny until you say "Johnny" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck y'all!

Sack