PDA

View Full Version : Crestron or SIMPL coding

eg8r
04-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Hello,

Has anyone here ever done any Crestron or SIMPL coding in the past? I am debating whether or not to get certified for Crestron and take on some side jobs programming these types of systems, more for business applications and on a much lesser scale home applications.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm still trying to learn B.A.S.I.C.

eg8r
04-16-2007, 09:42 AM
LOL, quit trying it is done. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

bsmutz
04-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Judging by your posts, I'd say you are certifiable...

heater451
04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Ed,

I just wanted to mention that I know that the Georgia State College Law School uses Creston controllers in some of their display podiums. It might be worth checking with local colleges, to see how they source out their programming. It could be influential to your decision.

=====================

eg8r
04-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Very cool. My bro in law works for a company who is one of the biggest customers of Crestron and they use independants to come in and do the coding jobs. His last big job was the new Cardinals stadium in Arizona. The guy was on the job for a little while getting that all up and running. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I definitely know there is a big market for the type of work I would like to do, I am just out looking for more info. I knew we had some technical people here on the board so I thought I would give it a try.

Thanks.

eg8r