PDA

View Full Version : Beauty has it's price.

pooltchr
04-17-2007, 07:11 PM
John Edwards. Supporter of the poor and downtroden. Representative of the common man.
How many of us can afford $400 haircuts?????
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve

BRussell
04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q&e

Qtec
04-17-2007, 08:22 PM
? Is that it? No reference, link etc.

Karl Rove is quitting politics to persue a career as a stand-up comic!

Q

Rich R.
04-17-2007, 08:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> John Edwards. Supporter of the poor and downtroden. Representative of the common man.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>
Steve, I don't know where this little gem comes from, but I would be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that there are more congressmen and women, on both sides of the isle, getting these $400 haircuts.

Gayle in MD
04-18-2007, 08:42 AM
LMAO! You know Republicans are getting desparate when they start bitching about haircuts!!!

We have a president who has taken over 400 days vacation while we are waging war, costing 8 to 10 billion dollars a month, with atleast 8 to 10 billion missing, coming closer everyday to 3500 dead, and Repubs want to discuss haircuts? Beautiful! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
04-18-2007, 09:00 AM
He is a man of the people. Not much a surprise why the everday American does not have any connection with the man.

His barber is a genius. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Could you imagine having to work for 5 minutes every week and get paid $400? That guy should get Kerry's head also then not only would he get paid a fortune but he could travel the world for free.

eg8r

eg8r
04-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I bet you are right. Makes it hard to swallow the fact that these same people are deciding how much us little guys should have to pay in taxes.

eg8r

Chopstick
04-18-2007, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

I look at it this way. I pay $20 and I don't have 1/20th the hair I used to, so that comes out to $400. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
04-18-2007, 11:36 AM
That is the reason that the very rich, needed those Bush approved tax cuts....it's not cheap being wealthy.
I wonder what the proper tip would be, for a $400 haircut?

eg8r
04-18-2007, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what the proper tip would be, for a $400 haircut?
<hr /></blockquote> That did not include the tip?

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I notice none of these righties said a word about smile/nod Laura's spending $8,500.00 for one dress, and it looked like one of Scarlett O'Hara's Curtain fashions, the only thing missing was the curtain rod!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
04-18-2007, 12:36 PM
LOL...that was funny
But,wasn't someone else wearing the same thing?
It does make you wonder however, when these $400 haircuts, and $8500 dresses (wash 7 wear?) folks are voting on whether to raise the min wage from $7 to $7.50 an hour...how do they relate?

Gayle in MD
04-18-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't think they can relate. Just like I don't think most people relate to what it is like to be born in poverty, or that a man can relate to what it is like to be pregnant, when you don't want to be, or that we can relate to what it's like to be an Iraqi, and have your country occupied by another country that's after your oil resources.

My grand mother used to say, half the world, doesn't know how the other half lives. She came to this country from Italy when she was twelve years old. She made sure we all knew how lucky we were to be born in America.
This situation we have of nothing but millionaire presidential candidates is seriously hurting this country, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
04-18-2007, 06:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> LOL...that was funny
But,wasn't someone else wearing the same thing?
It does make you wonder however, when these $400 haircuts, and $8500 dresses (wash 7 wear?) folks are voting on whether to raise the min wage from $7 to $7.50 an hour...how do they relate? <hr /></blockquote>

My point, exactly!
Steve

pooltchr
04-18-2007, 06:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> This situation we have of nothing but millionaire presidential candidates is seriously hurting this country, IMO.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Since it is somewhat unusual for us to agree on many issues, I have to point out when you are absolutely correct.
Tap Tap Tap
Steve

Vagabond
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> us little guys should have to pay in taxes.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Glad to know that you are joining Democratic party.Big well come to you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chopstick
04-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Don't women spend that kind of money on those fancy hair do's? I don't know, I never asked before.

Gayle in MD
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I suppose if their millionaires, they might. I pay eighty bucks for color, cut and style every four or five weeks, not including the tip for the hairdresser and shampoo girl, and I go to one of the more expensive salons in the Annapolis area, but then, I can't imagine anyone paying $8,500 dollars for one dress! I'm so glad, though, that all these wealthy people are saving hundreds of thousands, (and in some cases even more than that) of dollars in taxes! Laura pays a fortune for one dress, while the majority of homeless in this country, are children, and half the kids east of the Mississippi, go to bed hungry.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Disgusting, IMO.

bsmutz
04-19-2007, 03:23 PM
See now if they had those sweat shops still, they could be making those dresses on the cheap, selling them for $4500, and the little darlings wouldn't be hungry because they'd be getting paid a few bucks a day to buy food...

Gayle in MD
04-20-2007, 05:10 AM
I think it was more like a few bucks a year, and they were locked in on the weekends, in inhumane conditions, in temperatures over 100 degrees, raped, and beaten. Tom Delay, arranged to keep legislation off the floor to help them in their plight. Those women in the Marrianna's were slaves. Now, just imagine, Laura Bush spending $8,500 dollars for one dress, but she didn't have enough concern about those woemn, to open her little lady-like mouth one single time in their behalf. She's just as bad as the rest of them, IMO. We haven't had such a do nothing First Lady, since Maimie Eisenhower locked the bedroom door and laid in bed for eight years.

Gayle in Md.
Can't imagine having all the power of a First Lady, and doing so little to help women and children of the world.

hondo
04-20-2007, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Don't women spend that kind of money on those fancy hair do's? I don't know, I never asked before. <hr /></blockquote>

I spent $160 for a blow dry once.

bsmutz
04-20-2007, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ...but she didn't have enough concern about those woemn, to open her little lady-like mouth one single time in their behalf. She's just as bad as the rest of them, IMO. We haven't had such a do nothing First Lady, since Maimie Eisenhower locked the bedroom door and laid in bed for eight years.

Gayle in Md.
Can't imagine having all the power of a First Lady, and doing so little to help women and children of the world. <hr /></blockquote>
Let's just say that George did not marry an intellectual superior.

Gayle in MD
04-20-2007, 01:43 PM
That about covers it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif