PDA

View Full Version : Like to hear some comments on Josey Cues.

BrakenRun
04-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Thinking about buying a Josey sneaky pete. Can anybody tell me a little about what they know or have heard about Josey cues? I have heard a few good things about them but not much detail. They have a cue that I really like the look of and am thinking seriously about buying one. Thanks for your help. Kevin

jingle
04-19-2007, 07:21 AM
I received my new Josey SP about 3 weeks ago. Mine is bacote & BEM and the woods he used are just stunning (I paid a little extra and asked Keith to pick out extra nice wood and he did!) The finish is a superb high-gloss. The shaft is very stiff, in fact I'm still trying to adjust to the way it plays versus my old Coker. The radial pin gives the cue a rock solid feel. I custom ordered mine and Keith and Sherri were great to work with. I highly recommend Josey.

Cornerman
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BrakenRun:</font><hr> Thinking about buying a Josey sneaky pete. Can anybody tell me a little about what they know or have heard about Josey cues? I have heard a few good things about them but not much detail. They have a cue that I really like the look of and am thinking seriously about buying one. Thanks for your help. Kevin <hr /></blockquote>Much like any other cue, the hit is subjective, and your like or dislike of it will be entirely up to you. I've never hit with one that I didn't like.

That being said, Keith makes a solid, high quality cue. He is one of the very best in cuemaking, and his latest designs combining his trademark look with more traditional sharp V-groove points has really put his cues way up on many people's list.

There was an article on Josey Cues in this past January's issue of InsidePOOL Magazine.

Fred

tjlmbklr
04-20-2007, 09:59 AM
own a 60" Josey Ebony SP and I love it. Very solid and well balanced!

hondo
04-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I have one of his " fancy" sneaky petes. A really nice
looking cue. Not very sneaky. LOL!
Good hitting cue but a tad too stiff-hitting for me.
For somebody else it might be great.

BrakenRun
06-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Ordered a Josey about 2 weeks ago. About how long did it take to get your cue. I am looking forward to getting mine.

jingle
06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Mine took about 4 months, but there was Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and the Super Billiards Expo all happening during that period. Plus, I told Sherri that I wasn't in a rush and I didn't mind waiting for some extra nice wood. When I ordered she estimated it would take 3-4 months, and that turned out to be pretty accurate. Hope you enjoy your new Josey when it arrives!

BrakenRun
06-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks Jingle! I am looking forward to getting my Josey cue. I have heard a lot of good things about there cues. There is no big hurry for mine either but I would like to get it before our APA Nationals in Vegas on Aug. 17th. They had told me about 3 months and that would be about 3 at that time. I currently shoot with a Joss sneaky pete. I can say one thing about a Joss sneaky. They are a really sweet hitting cue that you can pick up for about $150 on Ebay. I think they are a real steal for a cheap but solid cue. I also have a really fancy Joss sneaky pete that has a stainless joint, 6 staggered points and very highly figured curly maple on the forearm with cocobolo in the area where the wrap would be. Really nice hitting cue also but hits just like my cheap one. If I like my Josey well enough, I am going to put my fancy Joss sneaky up for sale on Ebay. I have never hit a ball with a Josey or a cue with a radial joint. I hope I like it. All cues are a little different and more importantly, everybodys opinion on the hit of a cue is even more different. I just went by his reputation and really liked the look of this cue. Brakenrun

whackamole
06-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Let me tell you a little something about Mr Keith Josey's cues....they're amazing cues for the money!!!

It's almost as if it's bad mouthing to call these cues sneakies or hustlers...as these cues really are in a class all their own. The fit and finish in these cues is equal to the fit and finish you will find in his higher end cues...perfect. Solid?....words cannot even begin to describe just how solid these cues feel...Keith has his Radial joint set-up dead nutz perfect!! I have never had a 2-piece cue feel as close to a 1-piece....ever! Shaftwood is just lovely.....and STIFF. I absolutely would not hesitate to add another to my bag...and plan to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got my ebony Josey S-03 back in early November of last year, after having to part with a higher end cue. I just could not believe what it did for my game, and is just a real gem. So far, the best money I have spent on a cue! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif