PDA

View Full Version : Republican Resignations Flying...Due To FBI Probes

Gayle in MD
04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
John Doolittle, R-Cal. steps down from the House Appropriations committee after the FBI Raids his home, and his former Aide, resigns from his Law firm. Looks like Doolittles wife, just may be heading to jail over her fund Raising Business's connections to Abramoff.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070419/doolittle-abramoff?

Also, Rick Renzi's (R-Ariz)Wife's business, Roberta, raided by the FBI, in connection to Abramoff...Guess, there may be another resignation, even before Gonzales.

Abramoff should be glad he's in jail, or Rove could have him swimming with the fishes since he may not be able to rely on Gonzales to filter out the Republican indictments much longer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

hondo
04-20-2007, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> John Doolittle, R-Cal. steps down from the House Appropriations committee after the FBI Raids his home, and his former Aide, resigns from his Law firm. Looks like Doolittles wife, just may be heading to jail over her fund Raising Business's connections to Abramoff.

Also, Rick Renzi's (R-Ariz)Wife's business, Roberta, raided by the FBI, in connection to Abramoff...Guess, there may be another resignation, even before Gonzales.

Abramoff should be glad he's in jail, or Rove could have him swimming with the fishes since he may not be able to rely on Gonzales to filter out the Republican indictments much longer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

So what? John Edwards GOT A FORTY DOLLAR HAIRCUT, for
crying out loud!!!! Get your priorities straight, Gayle.

wolfdancer
04-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Gayle, what is really scary is the thought that this corruption is not due to party affiliation. The majority party
is the target for bribes, kickbacks, phony contracts, job placements for unqualified relatives and friends, ....etc

Bobbyrx
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Yea that hair thing is pretty good. He's just a regular guy:

"The Democrat's campaign committee picked up the tab for two haircuts at $400 each by celebrity stylist Joseph Torrenueva of Beverly Hills, Calif., according to a financial report filed with the Federal Election Commission.

FEC records show Edwards also availed himself of $250 in services from a trendy salon and spa in Dubuque, Iowa, and $225 in services from the Pink Sapphire in Manchester, N.H., which is described on its Web site as "a unique boutique for the mind, body and face" that caters mostly to women."

I don't know why these Pub's don't learn how to take bribes. You either stuff it in your pants so you'll get a slap on the wrist or put it in your freezer so you can get put on the Homeland Security committee

Gayle in MD
04-20-2007, 01:26 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
04-20-2007, 04:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> So what? John Edwards GOT A FORTY DOLLAR HAIRCUT, for
crying out loud!!!! Get your priorities straight, Gayle. <hr /></blockquote>

Not $40...$400. More than once. But it's not the money...it's the fact that this guy is so out of touch with the average American, he can't relate to what life is like for middle class citizens. I don't have the actual figures at my fingertips, but his estate (not just a very nice home....an ESTATE) is one of the largest in the state...and one of the most expensive.
All of this from a sleezy ambulance chasing law practice.

Go ahead, vote for him. Put him in the White House. But if you think GW is getting rich off the White House, you will quickly see that he is strictly an amateur compaired to Edwards.

Gayle in MD
04-20-2007, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if you think GW is getting rich off the White House, you will quickly see that he is strictly an amateur compaired to Edwards. <hr /></blockquote>

Bwa ha ha ha...That's a good one, Steve. Little Bushy, and his Dad, were born millionaires. Grandad Prescott had them in the big money before they were even born, with a little help from Hitler, and then along came the Saudies to sweeten the pot.

These guys are career crooks straight from the cradle.

Edwards, OTOH, made his money in a legal profession. although he's not my choice of the best man for the job, last time I checked, people aren't forced to seek legal representation in the courts when some idiot on the highway has smashed them up. I don't hear you complaining much about the Lawyer guys that wear your jersey, and there are plenty of them, you know.

Perhaps you'd prefer Wolfowitz, who robs the hungry in third world countries so he can cut a big check for his mistress? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah, no wonder these Loyal Bushies have to go all the way back to a BJ, that didn't rise to the level of high crimes or misdemeanors, to dig up a little dirt.

It's really humorous...Bush lies every day about what our troops are going through, lied us into a war, takes up for everyone of his incompetent appointees, but just let a guy make an honest living practicing law, and he's raked over the coals.

This current bunch of Republicans are the worst crooks and liars since Nixon's thugs were in there. Republican is just another word for crimes of greed without conscience.

Can you beat it? I've NEVER seen this country in such a colossal mess from every angle, and their still harping on a few unconvicted misdemeanors. Their innocent till proven guilty stance goes out the window when they try to go after the Democrats.

I just hope Wolfowitz gets it you know where. SOB is doing the same things at the world bank, that got us into this war, refusing to heed expert advice from those with more experience, and robbing the poor to give to the rich. He is repulsive, and there's Bushy boy, the genius, out theeere taking up for a clueless Attorney General, his thief at the World Bank! I would love to locate a resignation list, already compiled, and an indictment list. It would be my all time too long post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
04-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Gayle, check this out....
web page (http://progressivedailybeacon.com/downloadimage.php?file=Votin.jpg)

Gayle in MD
04-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Pretty funny. That last one, is definately their goal. He is supposed to speak at a Benedictine University in Pennsylvania for their graduation exercises. There is so much opposition, they are having an open debate over it.

I can't recall ever seeing him speak in public, among any crowd that wasn't pre-chosen, and hand picked, since shortly after the Iraq invasion. I can tell you this much, when he makes that finally flight out of Washington on the next Inauguration Day, There will be demonstrations all over Washington, and Good Riddance, at the very least, will be spelled out on the Mall.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
04-22-2007, 08:57 AM
At this point I'd probably vote for Al Gore if he runs.
I might have voted for Giiliani if he wasn't a
Republican. Still early.

DickLeonard
04-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Gayle I googled the Edwards crime family and his name did not appear but the Bush crime family did appear.####

wolfdancer
04-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Dick, I need a new coffee cup now......and a new TV as well.
Former President George Bush was about to come on, and give his opinion on Jeb as a Presidential candidate.....
Say.....doesn't "former President Bush".....have a nice ring to it?

Gayle in MD
04-24-2007, 01:52 PM
LOL, I've read that often diseases, and character flaws skip a generation. In the Bush family, though, those must be hyper-strong genes, three generatiobns of crooks and liars would suggest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am waiting for Dick Cheney's head to fall off his left shoulder, since he obviously has no neck. Laura's is so big she ought to give him half of hers! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
04-25-2007, 08:08 AM
I like Gore, also, and I am only just beginning to study the candidates, but so far, Biden would be my choice. He has been right on the money about Iraq, from the start, and not just Iraq, but lots of other things. I would definately be interested in hearing Gore's ideas, though.

Too bad that he's the kind of guy that doesn't rub shoulders with the rich and powerful, and hence, has not collected much money compared to the other Democratic contenders, but when it comes to experience, he's top on the list, particularly foreign experience, and only two others come close.

Obama, IMO, is way short in experience, and although his writings are impressive, it's way too soon in his political carrer, not enough experience, IMO. Foreign Relations experience should be the number one consideration, especially at this time, and there are several Democratic contenders who have had lots of that, but Obama isn't one of them.

I think Joe Biden has shown terrific judgement throughout his over thirty years as a United States Senator, with a heavy emphasis of experience in foreign relations, long term personal relationships with many foreign leaders, and is the most in touch with the average American. I like him also because he speaks spontaneously, and doesn't try to avoid answering questions. People say he talks too much, but I like that about him, because he speaks the truth when he is talking, and his statements always make sense. I think, of all of those who have surfaced so far, he's by far the most honest, and experienced. He'd make a great president, but so many people don't know enough about him, his background, and voting record.

Gayle in Md.