PDA

View Full Version : Guild Pool Tables ( artics spas )

aleromike87
04-21-2007, 04:11 PM
hey guys im looking to buy a 4x8 table and im choosing between an olhausen reno/drake or a guild page, the guild tables are made by artics spas and are solid northamerican hardwood with a 1 1/4" slate and 100% gum rubber bumpers, the price is 2200 with everything including snooker balls, my other choice is the olhausens, the tables are laminate, wich im not to fond of because i want it to last, and also dont come with olhausens accufast cushions so im stuck witht the regurlar cushions and only a 5 year warrranty. im looking for a good table thats reliable, i dont know much about tables but i think that the only real difference is the accu-liner in the olhausen that the guild doesnt have,althou the guild is solid hard wood and actually looks nice other than the cheap laminate look. does anyone have any experience with GUILD pool tables? i want to know wich one i should get. thanks mike.

aleromike87
04-23-2007, 03:22 PM
anyone have any input?

wannabeplayer
04-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I do have some expierience with guild tables. I have installed a few of them and what a pain in the ass. They come in a million pieces and the pieces dont seem to fit correctly. they seem to sell based on "how heavy" they are but the playability is left out. guild is a chinese import that takes the heavy duty look to the extreme. the biggest problem i have with them is the wood and how the the table is held together. the steel is held into the frame with "barrel nuts". If I tighten too tight they pop out. guild has a look, story and price but i would stick with the Olhausen table. even the veneers are guaranteed for life and they have been around over 30 years. if you had a problem olhausen will still be there and in 10 years (MHO) guild will be out of business and replaced by someone else. I think you should buy a brand name and stay away from the glitz and glamour that other mfgs show. you may want to take the "guild" to meet mom before the dance but would you want to marry it? the long term is important.and the playability.

aleromike87
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
yah thanks alot, i noticed that they sell there heavines alot, and they dont use a uniliner also right? do you know anything about the regualr olhausen cushions compared to tehre accufast cushions, and also how where the guild 100% gum rubber cushions, are they pretty much alike with the accufasts?