PDA

View Full Version : Pool Table Size?

07-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Hello,
I am new to the game and am looking to buy a Pool Table. What is the best size? I know I want a nice slate table, but am confused on what the best size is for everyday family use. The room will be about 16 ft by 15 ft. Thanks a lot.

Rod
07-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Better measure that area exact. At that size even a 7 foot table is a tight squeeze. There is a site, maybe bca-pool.com that has measurements. Either that or someone will post the specs here or send you to a site that has them.

stickman
07-23-2002, 09:42 PM
You had it figured pretty close Rod. A seven foot table with 58" cues requires a 13' x 16' room.

bluewolf
07-24-2002, 09:02 AM
I appreciate your replies. I got the space. We already measured and our cues are 57". I just want to know where to get a decent table for the best price.

I have a national 4x8 home size that I am going to replace.It is very nice, has a pretty blue cloth, nice balls, etc. Thing is, I shot real good on it, but when I went into a pool hall with tighter pockets, I did not shoot as good.

Now I am used to nine foot tables and that is what I want.

Bluewolf

stickman
07-24-2002, 09:17 AM
http://www.brunswick-billiards.com/products/brunswick/tables/roomsize/roomsize.html

If you have the room for a 9', I would look for an older Brunswick GC. You can find them in decent condition for around $2000. If I have room after I move, that is what I will be looking for.