PDA

View Full Version : It's finally mine!

Pea_Pool
04-24-2007, 03:54 PM
We've had an old table in our family for years and the time has finally arrived for me to take possession. While we were moving it over this weekend, I noticed a number stamped into the base (is that the right term?) and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it means. The number is 40025. Thanks for any help and I look forward to learning from everybody here on the site.

ArizonaPete
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
At one time. before I moved to Arizona. I purchased an old Brunswick table. It also had a number engraved in the undertable. I don't recall what the number was but I did get on the Brunswick site and looked up the number and found out the year it was built. Do you know the table manufacturer? If so, you can probably look up the year it was manufactured and any other information available.

Pea_Pool
04-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Pete: I'd guess it's Brunswick but I don't really know. I'll take a look at their site and see what I can learn. Thank you.

bsmutz
04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
I, too, have an old Brunswick with a number stamped (not engraved) in the base. Posting a picture here and/or on AZ Billiards forum may help if you can't find the model yourself. There are also a couple of restorers on the web that could probably help you out. There's one in New York and Pat Sheehan here in the Portland, OR area has lots of experience with older tables.

wolfdancer
04-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Go to www.rebcobilliards.com/ (http://www.rebcobilliards.com/)
From the "identify tables by cabinet style" section....you might be able to spot yours

Pea_Pool
04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks to all for your input. I'm in the process right now of formulating a plan to finish the basement and as time goes on I might be back with a few more questions. Hope you all don't mind. I've also got a lot of catching up to do reading your site. Thanks very much.