PDA

View Full Version : Predator Cues Made in China?

leonkush
04-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Hello,

I have owned several Predators from the lowest sneaky Pete model to a P2 which was a nice hitting cue. I sold these cues a few years ago and I am now looking at buying another P2 Predator.

My concern is that I have heard the manufacturing has been moved to China and the company also had a recent recall on the second generation shafts due to dodgy glue and ferrule material. I am just concerned that the quality may have been affected by mass production and cheaper materials.

I have been told that the P2 cues are still made in the USA, can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

Leon

dutchboy
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I got a 4k4 two years ago, had no problem with the 314 shaft...however, got a z2 for christmas and nothing but trouble, took it back 3 times because the ferrule came off each time within a day...predator said they got a batch of bad glue after the first time. The next two repairs were the same. I finally took it to tech I know, he found no residue on the shaft to indicate it had ever been glued at all. He wasn't impressed with the ferrule material but thought that was the combintion they wanted to enhance they "lack of deflection" claim. Look, the z2 is great now, but I went to hell and back to get there. Hope this helps.

hondo
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote leonkush:</font><hr> Hello,

I have owned several Predators from the lowest sneaky Pete model to a P2 which was a nice hitting cue. I sold these cues a few years ago and I am now looking at buying another P2 Predator.

My concern is that I have heard the manufacturing has been moved to China and the company also had a recent recall on the second generation shafts due to dodgy glue and ferrule material. I am just concerned that the quality may have been affected by mass production and cheaper materials.

I have been told that the P2 cues are still made in the USA, can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

Leon

<hr /></blockquote>

Sounds right. Consider the similarities with Lucasi ( made
in China): Interchangable shafts, those cloth cue cases
they come in. Same cases, one says Predator, the other
Lucasi. Hmmm.

pooltchr
04-26-2007, 08:01 PM
The last new Predator I saw had the little gold sticker on the butt....Made in China.
That, in and of itself, is not a bad thing. You can have good quality control, or poor quality control anywhere in the world. Sounds like in this case, more than the location was changed.
Steve