PDA

View Full Version : New Book for the Spiderman

Deeman3
04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Spiderman:

I have finished that book we discussed a couple of weeks ago. If you will P.M. your mailing address, once again, I'll forward a CD of it. I would like to ask Fred and CeeBee to review it as well, if they have the time. CeeBee
will be returning the favor on my review of his book and I have quoted Fred in the book so he should have a chance to critique me and I respect his opinion as I do yours and CeeBee's.

I'll clean some of the grammer up this weekend but it's more content and how I get the message across along with any example ideas that will be better than mine. I would not mind you contributing a little more about tips and tip technology. I'll recognise any contributions any of you make in the text. Fred might be able to help me get the science meanings involving ball movement across a lot better than I am doing now. I am trying to stay away from graphics, if possible and see if I can comunicate it all in words.

Thanks,

wolfdancer
04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Will this read anything like "Lady Chatterly's Lover"?
Would one be comfortable reading this to their grandchildren?
Before you get excited about Oprah selecting this...The average POD book sells ten copies. Between the author, their mother, and other family that does not result in many real sales.
That's the bad news....the good news is many members here, myself included, would probably enjoy reading your book.
After all, if one wants to become a bank robber, they would want to read what Willie Sutton wrote.....

cushioncrawler
04-26-2007, 05:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> ....I'll clean some of the grammer up this weekend...<hr /></blockquote>Dee -- Remindz me of the time that i filled in a staff report to head office re a junior engineer, and i said that hiz grammer woz poor (i shood have written grammar -- might be different in USA) -- i bet they are still larfing. But -- I would be happy to do a semi-phonetik "new-english" spell-check of the draft. Good luck with the book. madMac.

Deeman3
04-27-2007, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Will this read anything like "Lady Chatterly's Lover"? <font color="blue"> It will be pool's "Behind the Green Door."</font color>
Would one be comfortable reading this to their grandchildren? <font color="blue"> If Democrats could read! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>
Before you get excited about Oprah selecting this...The average POD book sells ten copies. Between the author, their mother, and other family that does not result in many real sales. <font color="blue"> I have never gotten excited about any book i have written, especially on pool. As i am pricing it at $5,000 a copy, ten sales will be fine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color> That's the bad news....the good news is many members here, myself included, would probably enjoy reading your book. <font color="blue"> Thank-you, I think. </font color>
After all, if one wants to become a bank robber, they would want to read what Willie Sutton wrote..... <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue"> You have, as usual, guessed the tenor and tone of the book already. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

Scott Lee
04-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Dee...I'd sure be interested in reading it...and I'd certainly give you my $.02 on anything information-wise, from an instructor's viewpoint, if you want it.

Scott

Deeman3
04-30-2007, 07:12 AM
It is on it's way. Posted this mrning. Battle Creek? You have traded in Montana for Battle Creek?

Get down here before global warming takes southern alabama away.

DeeMan

Scott Lee
04-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Well...Since I got married, and my wife lives in MI, I thought it would work out better if we lived together! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously, though, I DO miss the mountains and Big Sky Country!

Scott

Deeman3
04-30-2007, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Well...Since I got married, and my wife lives in MI, I thought it would work out better if we lived together! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> See how little you really understand about marrage? They are much more successful if you never see each other! Congratulations and my condolences on the New Mrs. Lee. JK </font color> Seriously, though, I DO miss the mountains and Big Sky Country! <font color="blue"> But now you have urban sprawl and drive-bys to keep you on your toes. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the flyover states... </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>