PDA

View Full Version : News stories you may have missed

Qtec
04-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Its official, Gonzales has the memory capacity of a golf ball! LOL

Remember the 16 words?
Turns out that the CIA took them OUT and someone at the WH just put it back in- even knowing that it was not true! It wasn't a mistake, more like deliberate deception. So when GW said it was cleared by the CIA he was lying or being kept in the dark. Either way, it highlights his incompetence.

Bill Moyres made a great Docu which hammers the press but more so the WH. They used the press to propogate false and inaccurate 'facts'. web page (http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/btw/watch.html)

If you don't want to watch the whole docu, skip to chaperet 3.

Q.

cushioncrawler
04-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Yesterday i googled lots of stuff re the press etc inventing and spreading lies re Gore -- ie re Love Story, Love Canal, and inventing the internet. I beleev in free speech, and dont beleev in everyone sueing everyone all the time, but who haz the power to oversee reporting. I think that, in Ozz, fines can be impozed on papers and radio stations, and licences taken away. madMac.

Gayle in MD
04-30-2007, 07:26 AM
We used to hold our press to standards, until a Republican came along and did away with that process, and his not so brilliant followers, still cheer him on as a great preisdent, in spite of his complete failure to respond to the slaughter of 244 marines, as they slept in their barracks, after he put them in one of the most compromised positions of vulnerability ever prosecuted on American soldiers, until Bush came along, that is. Ronald Reagan, who suffered from the same memory failures that inflict his political party to this day. Nixon, Reagan, Bush's, aka, dumb and dumber, have wrought havoc on America, each in his own unique, screwed up way.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chopstick
04-30-2007, 07:43 AM
I used to think the press had standards. The way I found out they didn't was back during the first gulf war. I was watching CNN, as everybody was at the time. Saddam had been launching SCUDs into Israel. Israel had announced that if any of the SCUDs had chemical or biological warheads, Israel would respond with nuclear weapons.

This CNN reporter was in Tel Aviv reporting on a SCUD missle that had just hit there. He announced that it was a chemical warhead. Well, it wasn't. I guess it is a good thing nobody took CNN seriously. This idiot could have started a nuclear war.

Gayle in MD
04-30-2007, 08:30 AM
This documenatry of Moyers is one of the best documentaries so far, although there have been quite a few that are equally accurate, and interesting.

As for the reporters, who report on the conditions in Iraq, my favorite is the English guy, Michael Ware, I think is his name. His reports are on CNN.

On those famous 16 words, the real story is one that no one seems to be digging into. Who was behind the Break in at the Niger Embassy in Italy, which ultimately created the phoney Niger claims in the first place.

It has been written by some very credible journatlist, that Ledeen, a member of the American Enterprise Institute, was the thug behind the break in, and it happened just two months before the Bush illegal occupation of the Whtie House. I believe someday it will surface that Cheney was the orchestrator, in colusion with Rove, and then his extreme over-reaction to Wilson's op-ed, will finally be completely understood. Cheney was not expecting the CIA to send amyone to Niger. He put the wheels in motion, inadvertantly, by doggedly pressuring the CIA for intel to support his lies, and sending Libbey over to bash all those who spoke against their trumping of intel, and Wilson was sent in response to their own pressure. They, of course, have lied about this all along, just as they lie about everything, but it's interesting how Ledeen ended up with a big corner office over at the AEI, and also had ties with the Italian organization which was in the business of creating and selling false documentation to countries to support false intelligence claims.

The day after Moyers first installment of his new series, which will run every Friday evening on PBS, Kristol, the biggest fascist in America, was on the morning C-Span, Washington Journal, STILL insisting that Saddam had WMD's, and that occupying Iraq was the right action to take. Unbelievable. This guy should be hung for treason for his role in feeding propaganda to the public. He is also the author of the letter, The Project For The New American Century, that cabal of fascists who are behind every single lie and unamerican activity that goes on in this country, and also, just happens to be the owner and editor of the Weekley Standard, the most laughable right wing rag in the country.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/index.html

This link leads to much of the history on this bunch of fascists, and also some facts and figures that people don't get from our available news. I find Truthdig, a good source of info, also.

Gayle in Md....thanks for the link, Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cushioncrawler
04-30-2007, 03:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> We used to hold our press to standards, until .......... have wrought havoc on America, each in his own unique, screwed up way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>Gayle -- But, the religious right are happy. Didnt some radio host in USA get fined $3/4M for uzing "dirty language". madMac.

cushioncrawler
04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I used to think the press had standards. The way I found out they didn't was back during the first gulf war. I was watching CNN, as everybody was at the time. Saddam had been launching SCUDs into Israel. Israel had announced that if any of the SCUDs had chemical or biological warheads, Israel would respond with nuclear weapons. This CNN reporter was in Tel Aviv reporting on a SCUD missle that had just hit there. He announced that it was a chemical warhead. Well, it wasn't. I guess it is a good thing nobody took CNN seriously. This idiot could have started a nuclear war. <hr /></blockquote>I think he said afterward that hi-explosive is a chemical. Pity -- I missed the last nucular war, mightent get another chance now. madMac.

Qtec
04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Same in the US. Do you remember when a record fine was imposed because J Jackson showed a breast! [ shock horror??????]
Did you hear about the ham sandwich that showed Fox news to be NOT news? Its a classic.

Q..I will find it for you.

Got it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif journalism? have they ever heard of it? (http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/27/fox-parody/)

I actually saw this. I wanted to see something- [can't remember what it was,[maybe something to do with Gonzales] so I kept flipping back to Fox. The friggin ham sandwich crap was on the WHOLE day! They were calling it a hate crime.....??????????