PDA

View Full Version : What is best cue cleaner?

preacherman
07-23-2002, 09:58 PM
I'm interested in a good cue stick cleaner.
The billiard halls and stores charge alot
for a little bottle of something?
There has to be an everyday cheap product
that you can use daily to clean your cue.

Input appreciated,
Jim (goproclaim@aol.com)

Q-guy
07-24-2002, 01:26 AM
Soft scrub and 0000 steel wool. Work with the grain and it will clean it like new. Then finish with some 1000 and 2000 sand paper. Polish if you like. Works about as good as anything else. I know one guy that makes a blend on cold cream, (is it cole or cold, what ever you know what I mean). and soft scrub. He swears by it. I tried it and it worked. You can make a lifetime supply for like $4.00.

WaltVA
07-24-2002, 08:21 AM
I've used Soft Scrub for occasional heavy-duty cleaning of very dirty shafts, followed by light sand w/1500/2000 and burnish with leather, but wouldn't recommend it for DAILY use.

Lighter fluid works well for light clean/polish and buffs to a nice sheen.

I don't use ANYTHING on a DAILY basis - just wipe the shaft with a towel before putting it away. If you wash your hands often and chalk with the shaft horizontal, it will stay clean longer, and the oil from your hands will help seal the shaft if you burnish it frequently with a piece of leather.

Walt in VA

bluewolf
07-24-2002, 08:46 AM
Our sticks are so awesome, they don't need that cleaning stuff!!

Bluewolf

07-24-2002, 10:28 PM
I went to buy Soft Scrub and they have it in Lemon scent without bleach and they also had Soft Scrub with Bleach. Which do you suggest I buy? It seems the bleach would get the shaft whiter. Thank you for taking time to answer this. Matt

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Q-guy:</font><hr> Soft scrub and 0000 steel wool. Work with the grain and it will clean it like new. Then finish with some 1000 and 2000 sand paper. Polish if you like. Works about as good as anything else. I know one guy that makes a blend on cold cream, (is it cole or cold, what ever you know what I mean). and soft scrub. He swears by it. I tried it and it worked. You can make a lifetime supply for like $4.00. <hr></blockquote>

Mike H
07-25-2002, 01:04 PM
I learned recently that glass cleaner cleans shafts really well....spray it on a paper towel, wipe the shaft, and use a dry towel on it afterwards. It seems to work just as good as any of the expensive little bottles out there.

heater451
07-25-2002, 01:42 PM
In an experiment, I used some hand cleaner on an old shaft. It's called M30, and it's a knock-off of Goop (automotive hand cleaner).

It tookthe buildup of hand oil off very well, but now I can feel the wood-grain---I think because someone had previously over-sanded the shaft.

I am currently trying to figure out a simple re-finish of the shaft, in order to smooth/slicken it again, without resorting to sanding alone.