PDA

View Full Version : Just In - No Longer Politically Correct ..........

SpiderMan
05-01-2007, 04:52 PM
You old fogies can't call it one-ho' anymo', and the cloth ain't "nappy" or you'll wind up kissing Al or Jesse's ass on national TV /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

wolfdancer
05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
and, as part of the fallout over the Don Imus remarks....

there will only be 49 contestants in the Miss Black America Contest this year, because no one wants to wear the banner that says, IDAHO.

Qtec
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Barack the magic negro...........rush limbaugh!
web page (http://bsalert.com/artsearch.php?fn=2&as=1788&dt=1)

How low can you go?

Q

SpiderMan
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Barack the magic negro...........rush limbaugh!
web page (http://bsalert.com/artsearch.php?fn=2&amp;as=1788&amp;dt=1)
How low can you go?
Q <hr /></blockquote>

Q,

Apparently you missed the next paragraph below your link:

"Barack the Magic Negro" was a term first used by the LATimes in an editorial written by a black man about Barack Obama. This piece can easily be found by googling for "obama magic negro". Did you write a post criticizing the Times when that editorial was published?"

SpiderMan

eg8r
05-03-2007, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Q,

"Barack the Magic Negro" was a term first used by the LATimes in an editorial written by a black man about Barack Obama. This piece can easily be found by googling for "obama magic negro". Did you write a post criticizing the Times when that editorial was published?"

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote> Come on Spiderman, you know that is just par for the course.

eg8r

Qtec
05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Barack the magic negro...........rush limbaugh!
web page (http://bsalert.com/artsearch.php?fn=2&amp;as=1788&amp;dt=1)
How low can you go?
Q <hr /></blockquote>

Q,

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I read it , did you? [ I know eg8r didn't !]
Are you really trying to equate the LA Times piece with Rush continually repeating the same phrase over and over?[ you can read the transcript of the radio showhere. (http://mediamatters.org/items/200703200012) ]

I agree with some things from the LA article and some things I don't. After all, its just ONE guy's opinion, but at least he gives reasons which he thinks supports his conclusions.

Rush now presents this article as proof that Liberals are racists.
Any white person who votes for O is a racist.
Rush sees Obama as a black man, not as a Presidential candidate. Rush works for Bush and will do ANYTHING to discredit a Democrat.

The LA article was journalism, the Rush show was a hit job. Surely you know the difference?

Q

SpiderMan
05-04-2007, 09:23 AM
My take on this is that there are many liberals who would like to derail Obama, perhaps because they don't feel he's "black enough", or they perceive him as a threat to their own agendas. One attempt to do this was the LA Times' "journalism", tagging Obama with the "Magic Negro" slur. Calling that thinly-veiled agenda-driven slash piece "journalism" insults journalists.

By suggesting that whites only support Obama in order to assuage guilt (over slavery?), they imply that these same white Obama supporters are merely closet racists. In today's PC society, that could embarass many of Obama's supporters into backing away from him. Which may be the real motive of the Times' "journalism".

Many of the critical blogs I've read appear to come from shallow thinkers who never got past their knee-jerk reaction to "Barack the Magic Negro". They seem to rail that the song is racist and anti-Obama, when actually it's using parody to expose this anti-Obama treachery among liberal "leadership".

If someone besides Rush Limbaugh had been both astute and ballsy enough to throw the turd on the table it might have been better-received, but no one else dared touch it. Which, if you listen to the transcript of Rush's program, was his main point. He's exposing the fact that a liberal force such as the LA Times is working to pull Obama down by slapping this moniker on him. And Limbaugh himself speculates that, before it's over, he will accused of instigating rather than exposing the ruse. It sounds to me as if you fell for it.

SpiderMan

Qtec
05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> My take on this is that there are many liberals who would like to derail Obama, perhaps because they don't feel he's "black enough", or they perceive him as a threat to their own agendas. <font color="blue">All politicians have enemies. </font color> One attempt to do this was the LA Times' "journalism", tagging Obama with the "Magic Negro" slur. Calling that thinly-veiled agenda-driven slash piece "journalism" insults journalists. <font color="blue"> The Magic Negro is a ficticious character. Its a common term, not a slur. </font color>web page (http://www.blackcommentator.com/49/49_magic.html)

By suggesting that whites only support Obama in order to assuage guilt (over slavery?), they imply that these same white Obama supporters are merely closet racists. In today's PC society, that could embarass many of Obama's supporters into backing away from him. Which may be the real motive of the Times' "journalism".<font color="blue"> Its an op-ed, ie one guys opinion. Its not neccessarily the same one as the LA Times. By checking down the page I saw there was also an op-ed entitled, "Why Israel is after me". There are many viewpoints represented in the opinion section. </font color>

Many of the critical blogs I've read appear to come from shallow thinkers who never got past their knee-jerk reaction to "Barack the Magic Negro". They seem to rail that the song is racist and anti-Obama, when actually it's using parody to expose this anti-Obama treachery among liberal "leadership". <font color="blue"> What treachery? That article was published and forgotton for 6 weeks before Rush dug it up! </font color>

If someone besides Rush Limbaugh had been both astute and ballsy enough to throw the turd on the table it might have been better-received, but no one else dared touch it. Which, if you listen to the transcript of Rush's program, was his main point. He's exposing the fact that a liberal force such as the LA Times is working to pull Obama down by slapping this moniker on him. <font color="blue"> That is pure speculation backed up by zero facts! If the article was designed to hurt Obama, it failed totally. Fact is the only reason anyone ever heard of the Magic Negro or the LA Times article is because Rush himself brought it up, coined the phrase 'Barak the Magic Negro', made up a childish song and played it constantly to millions of people. The original article didn't cause a stir, why not? </font color> And Limbaugh himself speculates that, before it's over, he will accused of instigating rather than exposing the ruse. It sounds to me as if you fell for it.

SpiderMan
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">
The spin here is that the Times piece was a veiled attack and Rush's slapstick ,off the top of my head, if I don't know I will make it up , punditry hit job isn't!

</font color>

Rush can't prove his main point, but he and you talk about it as if it were fact.

Q

SpiderMan
05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
He may get heavy-handed at times, but one thing Rush Limbaugh does well is calling attention to clueless liberals who think they'll "get away with it" because no one is smart enough to catch on.

SpiderMan

pooltchr
05-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree Rush can do a good job of pointing out the falacy of the liberal way of thinking...he just goes so far overboard because it's entertaining....and that is his job...to entertain, and attract and keep listeners. Nobody can argue the fact that he is very good at his job.

As for Obama, I actually thought he might be ok until I saw him on stage with Sharpton. That was enough for me. After all, you are known by the company you keep!
Steve

Qtec
05-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Do you remember the 2004 election? Was Kerry the best candidate for the Dems or did the Reps pick him?
Its JMO but Kerry's opponents were under constant attack from the RNC and Kerry got a free ride- that is until he got the nomination- and then in the Presidential race the SwiftBoat crew came along with their lies and innuendo. It was almost if they had planned for it?
I reckon they want Hillary as the Dem candidate because they think they can knock her down with a swiftboat campaign, just like they did to Kerry.

If you look at what the GOP's are offering as candidates for Pres......geez, what a bunch! 3 of them don't even believe in Evolution! Suddenly Obama becomes a real threat. Don't you think Obama would win from ANY of the 10 Rep candidates? He's smarter than all of them put together./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't believe that any one of them is genuine.

Q

Gayle in MD
05-05-2007, 07:24 AM
I find it absolutely comedic, given everything that has occured during these past years of Republican control wrought with incompetence, law breaking, everything from lies to launch a war, to prostitution, internet predators, inprecedented bribery cases, and indictments all the way to the white house, obstruction of Justice, use of federal agencies for political purposes, mass urchestrated memory loss, replete with purged e-mails, and the usual on-going filthy and juvenile Republican style slander and smut, that we are still observing, on a regular bases, arrogant and pious Republican slung attacks against Democrats and liberals. Apparently, republicans not only have no clue about current events, but no appetite for self reflection, or a need to separate fact from fantasy. Their admiration of the sluts of the media, speaks volumns about their class level, and intellectual capacity. Nothing is funnier than high minded rhetoric, and in the midst of utter complete failure, justified beyond recognition by use of propaganda, promptly gobbled up collectively by the sheep, their arrogance is at once laughable, and nauseating, to say the least.

BARFFF... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif