PDA

View Full Version : pool players are the worst breed of human beings

07-24-2002, 12:19 AM
People who engage in pocket billiards suck. Pocket billiard players are too lazy to engage in any sort of real althletic behaviour like soccer or basketball. Choose a real sport. Pocket billiard players are an embarrasment to the human species. If you are to engage at any game of the lazy man, you should at leasy choose something along the lines of three cushion billiards, chess, or go. American pool is more along the lines of checkers. It is a kids game.
Sorry to break the news to you folks, but you guys play a children's game.

Scott Lee
07-24-2002, 12:31 AM
tarboy...Why bother to register here on a POOL forum, if you feel the way you do? Just crawl back in your hole, and leave us "degenerates" be! LOL

Scott Lee

07-24-2002, 12:37 AM
at least us American pool playing degenerates can spell properly

Doomsday Machine
07-24-2002, 12:57 AM
What kind of a ridiculous moniker is "Tarboy"?? Your writing style and mistakes indicate someone who really didn't pay much attention in school. Why lower yourself to our level by signing up to participate in this forum ?? If you are such an gifted athletic specimen we could get together for a little one-on-one basketball match, race to 15 baskets for $2,000 just to see how good you really are!!

Voodoo Daddy
07-24-2002, 01:08 AM
Maybe you would like to toss some darts? Bring your bankroll. I wore out 4 cars looking for a guy like you...Tarboy, geez.

Q-guy
07-24-2002, 01:16 AM

07-24-2002, 01:52 AM
uh oh... the mental wing at the hospital must have just got an online connection

07-24-2002, 03:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: tarboy:</font><hr> People who engage in pocket billiards suck. Pocket billiard players are too lazy to engage in any sort of real althletic behaviour like soccer or basketball. Choose a real sport. Pocket billiard players are an embarrasment to the human species. If you are to engage at any game of the lazy man, you should at leasy choose something along the lines of three cushion billiards, chess, or go. American pool is more along the lines of checkers. It is a kids game.
Sorry to break the news to you folks, but you guys play a children's game. <hr></blockquote>

Wow ... Tarboy sounds eerily like my first wife./ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

She could never get a grip on the 'required intelligence' aspect as well.BS

cheesemouse
07-24-2002, 05:14 AM
Tarboy,
You should take a break from running and sweating and develope some basic social skills then you can really run fast. When I was your age I got into bailing out of swings to impress the girls, you should try it.

bucktoothbandit
07-24-2002, 06:04 AM
if you took a bath and brushed your teeth a little more often you might make a few friends.

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 06:13 AM
TARBOY,
I find this very funny-did you know that pool is a "family-oriented" game? Anyone who could hold a pool cue joined in the fun? Back in the 1800's, Brunswick built tables for presidents, kings and very high members of society?I do not see many sports where "children" become great as I see in pool! Just a thought!
Carol~most greats have been playing since the age of 6!

Kato
07-24-2002, 06:16 AM
Thank you very much. I appreciate the compliment.

Kato

griffith_d
07-24-2002, 06:23 AM
Tarbaby,...either you are joking and just wanted to get a lot of responses for an experiment or you are deprived and wanted to get attention or you are lonely and wanted something to read that was addressed to you because your mailbox is empty.

Whatever it is,......

Griff

Ralph S.
07-24-2002, 06:24 AM
Tarboy... I just want to let you know that if our version of pool is such a childs game, then put your money where your mouth is. I am very positive that atleast 75% of the board here could kick your ass. Better yet, come see me, I'll kick it.
Ralph S.&gt;looking for a proctologist to remove my size 14EEE from Tarboy's backside.

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 06:33 AM
Ralph,
I am cracking up-that is just too funny!
Carol~wiping away the tears of laughter!:)

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 06:38 AM
Good morning:

Lazy?

Earning an MBA and a Ph.D. on a part time basis, while working full time and traveling around the country to visit and work with clients, does not constitute "Lazy" behavior. Dedicating hours upon hours to practice and coaching, as well as tournament play, does not consitute "Lazy" behavior. Pool is as much physical as it is mental and as such, and yes we do break into a sweat from time to time, it is far from a child's game.

Needless to say, the right to your own opinion aside, you are clueless as to the overall nature and scope of the game and the sport.

Dr. D.

Rich R.
07-24-2002, 06:43 AM
Come on tarboy, tell us the truth. Just how much did you lose at your local pool room?
Rich R.~~~could tell tarboy is a looser.

rackmup
07-24-2002, 08:01 AM
Tarboy,

Maybe after we play a few games of friendly pool, we could step out onto the baseball (or even softball) fields. I'll pitch to you (I'm sure the fast ball is down from the good old days but still able to buzz your chin at 70mph), then, you could pitch to me and I'll see how adept you are at fielding come-backers aimed at your small bean.

When that is finished, perhaps a 10 or 15k run. I coach soccer so maybe we could go through a few goalie drills? Basketball...not very good at that but I imagine I could hold my own in the paint against you.

After you recover, you can tell me I'm not an athlete. It's amazing that you are able to label all of us "couch potatoes" by the mere knowledge that we play pool.

Regards,

Ken

07-24-2002, 08:11 AM
I must admit.. I am lazy....

Patrick
07-24-2002, 08:11 AM
The game 9-ball is a kid's game, pool isn't. It is the rules that is the problem.
That is why I have created a game called Rotation Straight Pool, that game is harder than 3 cushion billiards and snooker.
The safety game there is like chess, need to know what the opponent can do, and what you can do after, when good players play, they would think maybe 10 shots ahead.
Here is an example: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/film/rsp2/index.html#4>http://www.angelfire.com/film/rsp2/index.html#4</a>

Chess is almost only mental, it gets more physical in blitz games where you need to move the pieces very quickly.

I also don't like that you don't need a good body in pool, for 9-ball you don't need good intelligence either! Only experience, feel and memory.
Pool should be a game for very intelligent people, more intelligence than in chess. The current level pool players are in is very low, this is why they choose the primitive game 9-ball. They want luck, because they don't have any skill.

I think the smart people don't play pool because they don't have a good body and can't control it well. I had a hard time controlling my body in pool for many years, I don't control my body naturally like everyone else do.

I will not only play pool, because I have a very high percentage of fast muscle twitch fibers; I can become the best at many sports, these are the ones I have chosen:
"Weightlifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, boxing, martial arts, Formula 1, golf, chess."

I could do more sports than this but there is not enough time in a normal human vehicle lifetime, unless I clone a new vehicle for myself, but maybe that is considered cheating.
Normal primitive humans can only master very few sports in a lifetime, because they don't use intelligence, if you use intelligence for sports, you don't need to practice much. The first sport is always the hardest, then it gets easier. Just need to learn to control everything you do.

In the future I will create a sport where you need a good body as much as a high IQ. Only the ones with the best body and highest intelligence are the ones who will become the best, like myself.

Patrick

07-24-2002, 08:20 AM
Congratulations Patrick, I just laughed my ass off at that post.

I plan to print it and frame it. Hilarious!

WaltVA
07-24-2002, 08:27 AM
Does this mean we can look forward to a series of autographed posters of you in your Formula One car, too??

Walt in VA

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Count me in!

bluewolf
07-24-2002, 08:30 AM
I am also good at many sports. But when it really comes down to it, a person has 2 choices: (1) be a jack of all trades, or (2) the master of one.

07-24-2002, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> The game 9-ball is a kid's game, pool isn't. It is the rules that is the problem.
That is why I have created a game called Rotation Straight Pool, that game is harder than 3 cushion billiards and snooker.
The safety game there is like chess, need to know what the opponent can do, and what you can do after, when good players play, they would think maybe 10 shots ahead.
Here is an example: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/film/rsp2/index.html#4>http://www.angelfire.com/film/rsp2/index.html#4</a>

Chess is almost only mental, it gets more physical in blitz games where you need to move the pieces very quickly.

I also don't like that you don't need a good body in pool, for 9-ball you don't need good intelligence either! Only experience, feel and memory.
Pool should be a game for very intelligent people, more intelligence than in chess. The current level pool players are in is very low, this is why they choose the primitive game 9-ball. They want luck, because they don't have any skill.

I think the smart people don't play pool because they don't have a good body and can't control it well. I had a hard time controlling my body in pool for many years, I don't control my body naturally like everyone else do.

I will not only play pool, because I have a very high percentage of fast muscle twitch fibers; I can become the best at many sports, these are the ones I have chosen:
"Weightlifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, boxing, martial arts, Formula 1, golf, chess."

I could do more sports than this but there is not enough time in a normal human vehicle lifetime, unless I clone a new vehicle for myself, but maybe that is considered cheating.
Normal primitive humans can only master very few sports in a lifetime, because they don't use intelligence, if you use intelligence for sports, you don't need to practice much. The first sport is always the hardest, then it gets easier. Just need to learn to control everything you do.

In the future I will create a sport where you need a good body as much as a high IQ. Only the ones with the best body and highest intelligence are the ones who will become the best, like myself.

Patrick
<hr></blockquote>

u do b da man Pat.BS

07-24-2002, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> "Do or do not,there is no try" <hr></blockquote>

It is not enough to aim,you must hit.BS

DEADSTOKE32
07-24-2002, 08:52 AM
SO NOW I SEE WHAT YOU DO WHEN OUR NOT PLAYING WITH YOUR SELF.IF YOU CAN'T WIN AT POOL JUST TALK BAD ABOUT POOL PLAYERS. SO YOU JUST SIT AT AT HOME WISHIG 2 CAN PLAY. "RIGHT"? . "WHAT A FOOL" HOW ABOUT THIS FOR A NEW SPORT AND YOU CAN START IT UP AND SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL TAKE IT UP .GET A ROPE AND FIND THE HIGHEST POINT IN YOUR STATE TIE ONE END TO SOMTHING THAT DOES NOT MOVE AT ALL .AND THE OTHER END AROUND YOUR NECK AND JUMP !!!!.AND YOU HAVE JUST STARTED A NEW SPORT.
I THINK YOU'LL BE A HIT.THAT IS IF THE ROPE SNAPS.."(LUCKY FOR YOU ..)" :-) HAVE A NICE DAY.......

Eric.
07-24-2002, 09:00 AM
Tarboy-the jokes on you, little buddy! You actually take the time out of your day to register and logg onto a "Loser's board", so whose a chump: the "losers" or the guy who seeks out and hangs with the "losers"? You fu&lt;kin chump! Hahaha

Patrick- Thanks for the daily haha's.

Eric &gt;you fu&lt;kin chump

travellerdl2
07-24-2002, 09:55 AM
Darlene, Is that you? How did you find me here?
I'm really sorry about that alimony thing, But I can assure you that the check is in the mail. I mean it. You can trust me! Give it a couple more days. The mail has been really slow down here in Atlanta.
Sincerely , Mark

07-24-2002, 10:13 AM
There's just something not quite right about a guy who posts something like that and doesn't even defend his messed up view point. Seems to me he was trying to hate pool a little too hard.

Patrick
07-24-2002, 10:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: WaltVA:</font><hr> Does this mean we can look forward to a series of autographed posters of you in your Formula One car, too??

Walt in VA <hr></blockquote> Yes.

07-24-2002, 12:59 PM
i totally agree with what you are saying, why bother to state your oppinion when you know it is only going to get a "negative" rise out of people and then bail when one comes to their defense. Unless of course it is a typical nit who got his a$$ handed to him again, and from the sounds of by a woman. Why else would you try to minimalize the efforts of others unless you were humilated in front of your peers, and broke, scared and afraid to bet it up again.
...oh, and a quick thought for you to patrick, it sounds as though you are as ingnorant as tarbaby! If you do something well you do not need to state the obvious, people will acknowledge you for your efforts and performance.

bigalerickson
07-24-2002, 01:13 PM
I know your Gran Turismo 3 skills might be above par, maybe even at a dare I say "expert" level when you have your little steering wheel. But there is a lot more to racing than a video game.

There I go, getting frusterated and serious with Patrick, would somebody stop me next time. I need to just laugh and move on. ha ha ha. that's better.

cheesemouse
07-24-2002, 02:06 PM
LOL LOL LOL......there's a bunch of crazy sons a bitches on this board....I love it /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Vapros
07-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Every angry response tickles this bonehead to death. Let's ignore his cheap shots. He doesn't write this stuff because he believes it, but because he gets something out of making you mad. It's a little victory for him.

Barbara
07-24-2002, 04:11 PM

Nostroke
07-24-2002, 04:24 PM
I agree. It's quite obvious he is just trying to get a rise out of the group.

Rod
07-24-2002, 07:18 PM
Oh humm, time to take another nap

07-24-2002, 11:17 PM
just shut up ok? u just dont know how to play pool.

07-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Ahh... Mr. Ganja420, you must be like the pot king of the world. I'm so sorry to strike a nerve with such stoner. I hope it doesn't cut me out of the marijuana circle. Ahh... Mr. Cliche... or I mean, Mr. Ganja420... It seems like all your hours of watching half baked and cheech and chong has put you at the top of the universe. Oh mr. ganja420, I am going to construct a gravity bong in your honor, I sincerely hope with this gravity bong tribute to you that you will grant me forgiveness....

Mr. Ganja420=Mr. Original. I bow down to your unwashed feet to lick them clean....

hahahahahahahaha.... you are the greatest loser I have ever came in contact with.

07-25-2002, 12:11 AM
Actually, most people who play pocket billiards have above average hand-eye coordination. You can't assume that just because we play pool, we don't play other sports. I play basketball and volleyball. Not to mention, when I was 19, I became a martial arts intructor (I'm 24 now). So, might I suggest to you, try pocket billiards. Good way to test your hand-eye coordination.

Cueless Joey
07-25-2002, 12:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: hilla_hilla:</font><hr> Actually, most people who play pocket billiards have above average hand-eye coordination. You can't assume that just because we play pool, we don't play other sports. I play basketball and volleyball. Not to mention, when I was 19, I became a martial arts intructor (I'm 24 now). So, might I suggest to you, try pocket billiards. Good way to test your hand-eye coordination. <hr></blockquote>......
I can twirl two nunchuks and work the speed bag really well.
Somehow I can't beat Efren with 4 out and the breaks. LOL
I dare Efren to twirl two nunchuks.

07-25-2002, 12:48 AM
i'm not sure if that assertion (the checkers thing) can hold water.

i was just reading an article about a living legend player who has a high chess ELO rating.

Patrick
07-25-2002, 03:54 AM
I don't have Gran Turismo 3, I have Ubisoft F1 Racing simulator. If a F1 simulator works as well as Virtual pool 3, then I don't need to practice real racing much. Only the G forces and other small things. But first I need a lot money from other sports, unless someone sponsor me.

Patrick