PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the Day.

Stretch
05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
There's this guy in our league who has a reputation for always coming big and making the tuff shot. Not only that, he makes it look easy. So i asked him the other day what his thinking process is like when he's faced with a hard shot. You know what he said? Well he just walks up to the ob and inspects the shot and how he'll do it then exclaims to himself in a happy excited voice " I can make this shot!!" Then he happily goes around to the cue ball and does it. Sounds about as good as anything else i've heard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif St.

pooltchr
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I would say his odds for success are far greater than the player who looks at the same shot and says "I don't think I can make this shot". A positive mental attitude leads to positive results.
Steve

Cydpkt
05-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Isn't there a saying that is something like "Wether you can or can't your right!
That about sums it up for me.

randyg
05-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Amatuer players aften make great shots. Most don't have the liabilities attached to them.

"Desperate shape brings desperate shots".....SPF=randyg

DickLeonard
05-03-2007, 07:07 AM
SSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTtRRRRRRRRRRRRRrEEEEEEEEEE TTTTtch back in the 60s when Luther Lassiter was winning everything he had the ability to make the tough shot over and over again. It led me to say if my life depended on a shot I would want him to shoot it.

Don't upset your rythymn of playing that appears to be biggest cause of missing that I know of.####

TennesseeJoe
05-03-2007, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> SSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTtRRRRRRRRRRRRRrEEEEEEEEEE TTTTtch back in the 60s when Luther Lassiter was winning everything he had the ability to make the tough shot over and over again. It led me to say if my life depended on a shot I would want him to shoot it.

Don't upset your rythymn of playing that appears to be biggest cause of missing that I know of.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Luther said if his life depended on a shot , he wanted Don Willis to shoot it.

Stretch
05-03-2007, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> SSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTtRRRRRRRRRRRRRrEEEEEEEEEE TTTTtch back in the 60s when Luther Lassiter was winning everything he had the ability to make the tough shot over and over again. It led me to say if my life depended on a shot I would want him to shoot it.

Don't upset your rythymn of playing that appears to be biggest cause of missing that I know of.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Well Hello there Leonard X 2 !! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Always great to here from you, and thanks for the rhythm direction. Wow, aint it the truth about, don't change anything just because it's the money ball.

Oh, and great news Dick! I finally won our Provincial 9 ball Championship in the AAA Division. So now i'm bumped to open class and can no longer compete in anything but open class events............hey wait a Minuit, i thought that this was going to be good. Jesus they can't even let an old man sand bag anymore. lol On the bright side i also won a spot to the Canadian Nationals in late August. this year to be held in Ottawa. That's Practically my home town! So i'm really getting excited about that. I tell you this Just so ya know, i'm a good listener. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif St.

Paul_Mon
05-03-2007, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> this year to be held in Ottawa. That's Practically my home town! So i'm really getting excited about that.

<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Stretch. Last time I was in Ottawa there was a big sports bar near the market section called "The Honest Lawyer". They have a pool table shaped like a big letter L. I drop a couple of toonies in it and banked around for a while. You ever played in there?

Paul Mon

Stretch
05-03-2007, 03:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> this year to be held in Ottawa. That's Practically my home town! So i'm really getting excited about that.

<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Stretch. Last time I was in Ottawa there was a big sports bar near the market section called "The Honest Lawyer". They have a pool table shaped like a big letter L. I drop a couple of toonies in it and banked around for a while. You ever played in there?

Paul Mon <hr /></blockquote>

An honest Lawyer? in Ottawa?? LOL No Paul, can't say as i have played in that place. The L-shaped table sounds pretty wild. I'd love to try that. My Sister is a bank Manager down on the Spark Street Mall not far from the Market. I bet she knows where this place is. I might do well there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif St.