PDA

View Full Version : Team play????

canadan
05-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone just need to know what you think. So we won our div. in league we started at the lowest level of play (cheating vs easy money) that was 2years ago as we keep getting bump to the next level of league. Now after winning again we have about 12 people that want to play on our team, and half the guys already have a team planed out for next season. But that would cut 2 of the people from the original team. Which play at the same skill level as the rest of us. Today we have the awards and diner thingy. So do I as capt. put my foot down and say this is the team if you dont like it leave. or have a vote. Personaly I want as many as the original team as pos. to go through the ranks. if having 12-14 people that want to play with us wasnt enough we have teams in higher div. that want me and two more players to join them. What do I do???????? Oh my GF would be one of the players that might be cut. Try living with someone thats pissed at the team. geeeeeez

Deeman3
05-04-2007, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote canadan:</font><hr> Hi everyone just need to know what you think. So we won our div. in league we started at the lowest level of play (cheating vs easy money) that was 2years ago as we keep getting bump to the next level of league. Now after winning again we have about 12 people that want to play on our team, and half the guys already have a team planed out for next season. But that would cut 2 of the people from the original team. Which play at the same skill level as the rest of us. Today we have the awards and diner thingy. So do I as capt. put my foot down and say this is the team if you dont like it leave. or have a vote. Personaly I want as many as the original team as pos. to go through the ranks. if having 12-14 people that want to play with us wasnt enough we have teams in higher div. that want me and two more players to join them. What do I do???????? Oh my GF would be one of the players that might be cut. Try living with someone thats pissed at the team. geeeeeez <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I think you owe loyalty to the original members if they have participated, showed up and paid up. This is a leadership issue that many just don't have the skills to deal with. If you can't stop the petty bickering that goes on, you should get a team leader who is respected enough to lead.

Sorry, that's just my take. If you play in those little handicap leagues, good play will eventually be punished. If you are good enough to go on to a higher level team, do so but leave your team with dignity and a good selection of a leader who will make the team better, not an internal fighting unit. This is a game. Tell GF to grow up....</font color>

wolfdancer
05-04-2007, 12:29 PM
He's cutting George Fels, and you also want him to tell GF to grow up?
The team sounds unmanageable (like an Asian auto plant in the deep south)...with 12 players...and they are not the first to have the tough decision to stick with the original team, or start adding better players and cut some friends off the team....
I think that's a decision he has to make for himself....and either way....it's a problem....but it'll all work out in the long run

Deeman3
05-04-2007, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> He's cutting George Fels, and you also want him to tell GF to grow up?
The team sounds unmanageable (like an Asian auto plant in the deep south)...with 12 players...and they are not the first to have the tough decision to stick with the original team, or start adding better players and cut some friends off the team....
I think that's a decision he has to make for himself....and either way....it's a problem....but it'll all work out in the long run <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> GF, Girlfriend! You Left Leaning Neo squirts always mis-quote....unless George has joined a really different team! I doubt that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

canadan
05-04-2007, 02:12 PM
well Ill let you know how it goes we are having a team meeting. I dont know George but if hes their i'll say hi. funny thing is half the team is asian (lol)

Deeman3
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote canadan:</font><hr> well Ill let you know how it goes we are having a team meeting. I dont know George but if hes their i'll say hi. funny thing is half the team is asian (lol) <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> You would like having GF (the real one) on your team but he's too busy perfecting the game of straight pool, a real game.

If you had told me this was an Asian Team, I'd have just said slap the crap out of them and go on. JK /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Snapshot9
05-05-2007, 08:31 AM
LOL ... I've had 20 people before that wanted to play on one of my teams, but 19 of them didn't QUALIFY. I don't play on teams that have weak sisters, they can go form their own team.

Try to be true to the original members, but if you are moving up, and a team member or two is holding you back, then you might tell them to think about joinging another team. League is about COMPETITION, and also having fun doing it. Losing is NOT FUN, ever.

And for the weaker players on the team, tell them league is not practice, it is competition. They have to practice on their own to get better.

canadan
05-05-2007, 03:13 PM
well we had a drunken team meeting everything worked out good just one of the original players was cut , but he did not play this year cuz he went off to school but he was the funny guy that always lifted team sperit. Never met the new gut but he was highly recomended. hope hes not a bad pick and might put him through a try outs. cuz we'll be loseing a team lifter and a good player.