PDA

View Full Version : At the Amusement Park..........

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 03:58 AM
Spent the day at Great Adventure(NJ) with family and my daughter saw a huge,lifesize stuffed dog she wanted. The game of chance happened to be the "pool game!"The vendor racks 4 balls in diamond, you break and run the 4 balls without missing(once you miss, its over)-5 dollars a pop!Despite the 90 degree weather,the crowd that gathered to watch and the fact that the cue could not slide smoothly through my bridge hand, I pocketed all the 4 balls and my daughter picked out her prize!No doubt!My daughter wanted me to continue and win more, but I declined because I felt like I would be taking advantage of the poor vendor-anyways, many of the crowd people stepped up to play because all I heard was "If SHE can do it, I can do it!" ha ha ha ha-my question- Would you have stayed and cleaned up shop?
Carol

Pogue
07-24-2002, 04:07 AM
Yup..

And did so in Portland, Oregon once... I just kept giving away the stuffed animals to pretty girls who stopped to watch... The person working the booth didn't care, as they were just a paid employee.

Pogue

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 04:47 AM
Good morning:

Carol, you are a killer.

See you in Binghamton!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 05:39 AM
Hi there,
Thats wonderful-I guess I felt bad because this vendor was just so spirited and "really INTO the game!" When he handed me the cuestick, he offered some tips like, how to hold it and make sure I chalk it and I humbly thanked him for the tips,but the look on his face after I won was a definite kodak moment, so I just winked at him and said,"thanks for tips"-he smiled and I could see he felt good!Maybe next time, I will continue and hand them out to "the children!"
Have a nice day!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 05:44 AM
Good Morning Dr. D,
Thats a ditto!I will not forget our hill-hill match at the Maryland State!:)
I will see you in Binghamton-drive safely!
Have a great day!:)
Carol~Ugh-cant get past 5th/6th!

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 05:47 AM
Good morning Carol:

I am looking forward to Binghamton, as well as our next match-up. I can assure you that, when that inevitable event occurs, you will have an even tougher match on your hands!!

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 05:59 AM
OOOOOOh,I love a good challenge!I wouldnt want it anyother way,Lady!You take care!
Carol

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 06:02 AM
Good morning:

I have been working hard with my coach. Four (4) hours every Three (3) weeks !!!

Dr. D.

Rich R.
07-24-2002, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> my question- Would you have stayed and cleaned up shop?
Carol <hr></blockquote>
Carol, you do have other daughters! LMAO. One for each would have been nice.
Believe me, by you (a woman) winning that stuffed animal, he made up the cost of yours, times ten, within fifteen minutes after you left his stand. All of the macho guys, that saw you win, probably got right into line to try their luck. They didn't know you were a ringer. LMAO.
Rich R.

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 06:11 AM
Good morning:

Ringer... Carol is an Ace !!!

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 06:19 AM
Good morning again,
You better-you have to catch up to what Ive learned!LMAO!(only funning)
But seriously, good job, thats it what it takes and Ive definitely seen the improvement!Way to go!
Carol

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 06:22 AM
Good morning:

Twenty (20) hours a week of drills, coupled with another Ten (10) to Twelve (12) hours of practice matches, something should be happening - besides exhaustion and frustration... (lolol)

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 06:25 AM
Rich,
Well you will have to come with me because Im not carrying around a huge stuffed dog in 90 degree weather!LMAO-as it was, I had to walk to the parking lot and put it into my trunk,ha ha ha!And YES, they did step up!We will have to put this on our list of things to do next time you come to NY!I know we'd have a great time-we always do!
Have a nice day!
Carol

Eric.
07-24-2002, 08:00 AM
Would I have stayed? Probably not-what the hell do you do with all those stuffed animals?! Haha! Don't forget, the jokes on you-you have to lug them around until you get to the car!

Eric &gt;still working on the 2 ball run

Scott Lee
07-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Pogue...I did the same thing a couple of years ago at the TX State Fair in Dallas, where I was working and visiting friends. Last thing I did was bet the guy I could make ALL four in one shot! Of course I had to change the layout of the balls just a hair, but they were all touching each other, and went smoothly on the first try! He gave up at that point! LOL

Scott Lee

Karatemom
07-24-2002, 09:15 AM
First of all, if I COULD do that, I would have left after winning as well. I'm just too nice. But seeing as how there is no possible way I could do that yet, LOL, I would have let Chris do it.

The carnival that comes out here charges $2 or $3 for that game. It couldn't get anymore rigged with the warped stick and unlevel table. Besides, I don't remember the stuffed animals being that big. If you're going to win a carnival game, then the prize better be at least 5' tall, LOL.

Heide ~ they're so cheap out here in the Midwest, LOL

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Way to go, Carol! /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

I did the same thing 2 years ago in Little Italy at the feast. The stuffed doggie wasn't as big as yours but it is sitting here in my cubicle. The guy did the same thing. He gave me the cue, told me how to hold it, and then he told me to break hard. Yeah right. I broke softly, made the balls, returned the cue with a smile /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif, got my prize, winked at a cute guy in the crowd /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif, and went and got a sausage sandwich. /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-24-2002, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Last thing I did was bet the guy I could make ALL four in one shot!
<hr></blockquote>

LMAO !

I must have ESP. I knew you'd have a topper for this story. I would have loved to have seen the look on that guy's face /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

"Of all the carnivals in all the world, a trick shot artist had to walk into mine" ROTFL

SPetty
07-24-2002, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> I did the same thing a couple of years ago at the TX State Fair in Dallas. Last thing I did was bet the guy I could make ALL four in one shot!<hr></blockquote>hahahahaha Great story!!
Scott, the fair starts on September 27. If you're here the 28th or 29th, I want to go to the fair with you this time!

My story is the guy that I learned to play pool with a few years ago had lived in Texas over 10 years and had never been to the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bigtex.com>State Fair of Texas</a> (the largest state fair in the country they tell me). He had one last chance, so I "made" him and his wife go to the fair with me. With me urging him on (maybe a little woofing?), he played that four ball game and won a little monkey, and gave it to me. My mom is a wood carver, and made a miniature cue for the monkey to hold - painted the cue and everything. It is so cute.

SPetty
08-04-2002, 06:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> With me urging him on (maybe a little woofing?), he played that four ball game and won a little monkey, and gave it to me. My mom is a wood carver, and made a miniature cue for the monkey to hold - painted the cue and everything. It is so cute.<hr></blockquote>Howdy,

I bought a new computer and a new digital camera (although I'm having a little trouble with the flash...), so I thought I'd share a picture of this special little monkey:

http://members.aol.com/iheart8ball/monk.jpg

Enjoy!

08-04-2002, 07:08 PM
That's pretty cool. My compliments to your mom.

Well I am now the proud owner of a 12" high blue cow /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

What fairgoer in their right mind could walk by a pool table and not take a few whacks? LOL

Took me two tries. The first time I broke from my normal spot about 3 inches right of the headspot and scratched in the left side. Second time I broke straight on and left the CB in the center of the table.

The proprietors were kind enough to supply baby powder since it was about 96 freakin' degrees /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

As for the cow, I think i'm gonna velcro her under the sliding window in my pick-em-up truck so she can see out the windshield.

Thank you, thank you very much. Wally has left the building.

Harold Acosta
08-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey, nice picture of me!