PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate

DickLeonard
05-08-2007, 08:59 AM
After carefully reviewing the Debate I concluded every contestent is hearing impaired with borderline fits of rage when the Monitor takes away their one minute plus everything over they can grab.

Case in point: Now Children this is a yes or no answer. Not one of the Blooming Ego heads could answer yes or no instead choosing to rant incessately till their mike is finally turned off. I thought they were auditioning for SNL.

Loren Michaels was smiling all the way to the bank. We now have enuff hay to keep this show going till 2009.####

eg8r
05-08-2007, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After carefully reviewing the Debate I concluded every contestent is hearing impaired with borderline fits of rage when the Monitor takes away their one minute plus everything over they can grab. <hr /></blockquote> If that bothered you, then don't bother watching the Dem debate it was worse.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-08-2007, 12:49 PM
When it comes to high drama, and a flare for disengenuous facades, the Republicans take the cake. Did they all take acting lessons after Reagan's example, or are they just born, bad actors, able to jump, unconvincingly, into whichever role seems most likely to please at the moment?

Three, don't even believe in the Theory Of Evolution... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They looked like the FBI most wanted list in the post office, in general, and not one straight yes or no answer. If this is the best the Republicans can come up with, I'm thrilled. I kept mistaking McCain for a computer generated commercial, with his robot like movements, and Guiliani, looked like a pre balding, NY juvenile delinquent, who forgot to study for his test, and shave his legs. Mitt, is so perfectly fake. There wasn't a single inspirational statement all evening. It sounded like a commercial for their only mildly successful president, RR, albiet a legacy greatly exaggerated, atleast he was a good actor, unlike his Republican impersonators.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif\

All I can say is, whoopie! 08 should be great!

DickLeonard
05-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Gayle how can anyone look at Ronald holding his son George and not believe in Evolution.

I look at his son and now believe in Revolution.####

Gayle in MD
05-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Ya got me, that picture is a slam dunk if I ever saw one.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Qtec
05-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Three of them didn't even believe in evolution!

From the sublime to the ridiculous. LOL [Here's 2 of my favourite video's . This is why I can't take any of them seriously.]

. banana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zwbhAXe5yk)

and this is my all time favourite. Its a Classic. LMAO What a moron!
video (http://gorillamask.net/colbert10c.shtml)

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Three of them didn't even believe in evolution!

From the sublime to the ridiculous. LOL [Here's 2 of my favourite video's . This is why I can't take any of them seriously.]

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Man that is so freaking GAY! WTF! lol i thought he was gonna deep throat that banana.

Bobbyrx
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Gosh, I learned all kind of things from the Democratic debate. Let's see....The European Union is a country, China is one of our biggest allies, and they're going to be tough on terror and terrorists but the thought of facing questions from Brit Hume makes them shake in their boots.

Bobbyrx
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
So Mitt is so perfectly fake. What does that make a candidate who made his millions by specializing in babies with cerebral palsy whom he claimed would have been spared the affliction if only the doctors had immediately performed Caesarean sections.
As a result of such lawsuits, there are now more than four times as many Caesarean sections as there were in 1970. But curiously, there has been no change in the rate of babies born with cerebral palsy. Not to mention in one case he claimed he was channeling the unborn baby girl, who was speaking to the jurors through him. I wonder what that same unborn baby girl would have been saying through him if she were being aborted, which of course he supports....No wonder he can afford $400 hair cuts.

Gayle in MD
05-10-2007, 09:00 AM
It would be quite absurd to believe that doctors are never incompetent, or that the increase in C-Sections over the years are the result of one attorney's cases, rather than the overall choice of many gyn's who can make more money off C-Sections, than vaginal birth. I once heard a doctor on my marine radio whose boat was named C-Section. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

FYI, the majority of people in this country are FOR a woman's right to choose. Both Allito, and Roberts, stated that right to be settled law. Get over it. Women, will never allow a bunch of Republican religious fanatics to force them back into back alley's and coat hangers. Much as I'm sure the radical religious right would like to continue their historical abuse of, and discrimination of women, children, blacks and gays from their pulpits, a woman's right to choose is settled law.

Interesting that Southern Babtists, were originally organized in an effort to continue with slavery. The Mormons, have in their history, polygamy, which continues to this day, sexual abuse of women and children, sexual slavery, and gross discrimination against women, and little girls, to support their disgusting sexual perversions. The Catholics have supported child abuse, and hidden it, allowing sexual predators to move on to greener pastures, and continue their sexual abuse, just as Hastard did for his Republican Croney. I now see the word Republican, as a synonym for sexual perversion, and religious biggotry. but you go right ahead a vote for them, it's a free country, and they're going to need all the votes they can get given their exhortibant spending and corruption record over these last six years, not to mention severe damage to the country internationally.

Gyale in Md.

Organized religion has no place in our political process, unless you want a bunch of sexual perverts, misogynists, racists and gay bashers running the country, if so, vote Republican....

No Morman will ever reside in the White House, and particularly, a phoney one, with no foreign policy experience, who is the biggest flip flopper on the hill, since Guilliani doesn't even work on the Hill, and knows not a damn thing about foreign Affairs, has absolutely no experience in the field, and made the very bad decision which led to a failed communications emergency response system on 9/11.

Bobbyrx
05-10-2007, 02:33 PM
There has been no proof that Caesarean sections would have prevented Cerebral Palsy, period. I never gave my stance of abortion. All I said was Edwards is the biggest hypocritical phoney for the case when he claimed he was channeling the unborn baby girl, who was speaking to the jurors through him. What do you think he was trying to do by this stunt? When he's trying to hood wink a jury for millions it's an unborn child crying out through him but when he run's for office I guess this same child is now just an unfeeling mass of tissue. If you don't see the hypocrisy here I can't help you. And this has NOTHING to do with organized religion which is a whole different subject.

Gayle in MD
05-11-2007, 06:38 AM
More importantly, it has nothing to do with Mitt Romney, who has flip flopped on the subject in order to court the evangelicals and the radical religious right. Republicans gave GWB hell this week, not because our troops are caught up in a slaughter for which Bush no business, responsibility, or approval from the Congress, to send our people to die in, but because their concerned about their F-ing re-elections.

As for abortion, one cannot separate the nutty religious radical anti-abortionists, and anti-constitutionalists, from the intended attack on women's rights. The radical proceedure in question, has been grossly misrepresented for political purposes, period. The courts, the Republicans, the radical religious right, have no business trying to dictate their opinions and judgements, into the very wombs of women period.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
05-11-2007, 07:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Three of them didn't even believe in evolution!

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Man that is so freaking GAY! WTF! lol i thought he was gonna deep throat that banana. <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO
Q

DickLeonard
05-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Bobbyrx I think any Democrat looks at Fox News as the Devil the same way George Bush looked at sweet Helen Thomas. ####

Gayle in MD
05-11-2007, 07:41 AM
This statement of yours, is false.....

[ QUOTE ]

There has been no proof that Caesarean sections would have prevented Cerebral Palsy, period. <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red"> Really? </font color>
[ QUOTE ]
Cerebral palsy: An abnormality of motor function (the ability to move and control movements) that is acquired at an early age, usually less than a year of age, and is due to a brain lesion that is non-progressive. Cerebral palsy (CP) is frequently the result of abnormalities that occur in utero, while the fetus is developing inside the mother's womb. Such abnormalities may include accidents of brain development, genetic disorders, stroke due to abnormal blood vessels or blood clots, or infection of the brain. <font color="red">In rare instances, obstetrical accidents during particularly difficult deliveries can cause brain damage and result in CP. </font color> CP may be divided into spastic, choreoathetoid, and hypotonic (flaccid) CP. In spastic CP, there is an abnormality of muscle tone in which one or more extremities (arm or leg) is held in a rigid posture. Choreoathetoid CP is associated with abnormal, uncontrollable, writhing movements of the arms and/or legs. The child with hypotonic CP appears floppy -- like a rag doll. Treatment may include casting and braces to prevent further loss of limb function, speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, the use of augmentative communication devices, and the use of medications of botox injections to treat spasticity.

<hr /></blockquote>

I guess you know more than the American Medical Association??? The solution and remedy to difficult pregnancies which could cause brain injuries, is a C-Section, FYI.

Bobbyrx
05-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I stand by my statement and can show you studies proving it. If you can show me a study from the AMA showing that C sections prevent Cerebral Palsy please let me see it. Nothing in what you posted shows that.
From the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: "Recently, in a large study funded by NINDS, investigators found that electronic fetal heartbeat monitoring during delivery is not helpful in preventing CP and may lead to a higher rate of potentially dangerous cesarean sections.

Electronic monitoring provides an up-to-the-minute check of the fetus's health. When an irregular heartbeat is detected — which may be a sign of too little oxygen — doctors often perform an emergency cesarean section in an effort to prevent brain damage that can result in CP or mental retardation.

Results from the study revealed that of every 100,000 babies monitored during birth, 9,300 will have abnormal heartbeats. Yet just 18 of these babies will be expected to have CP. Due to the false alarms, however, many of the 9,300 mothers will be rushed to the operating room for cesarean sections. About 4 percent of these operations will result in serious complications for the mother, such as bleeding and infection. The researchers concluded that in most cases electronic monitoring may be more risky than beneficial.

Further, the researchers found that performing a cesarean section does not prevent CP. Among the babies who had ominous signs during monitoring, those delivered by cesarean section did not have a lower frequency of CP than those delivered vaginally.

These findings reinforce other research, discussed earlier, showing that most CP cases can be traced to events such as maternal infections early in pregnancy that may damage the fetus' central nervous system. "

So having C sections does not prevent CP but they do unnecessarily endanger the life of the mother. But all of this is beside the point. Even if c sections prevented every case of CP, you still don't see the hypocricy of John Edward's making millions on law suits
where on the one hand he is "the voice of the unborn child" crying out for a procedure to save them" and on the other hand supporting a procedure that for any reason what so ever the mother can have a procedure performed that will rip this unborn childs limbs off one by one and have it's brains sucked out.

Bobbyrx
05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Now I understand /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bobbyrx
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
More importantly, it has nothing to do with Mitt Romney, who has flip flopped on the subject in order to court the evangelicals and the radical religious right.
<font color="blue"> Maybe he just bad intelligence on abortion so he changed his mind, sort of like just about every Democrat who voted for Iraq then put their finger's to the wind and when it started to get rough, changed their minds. But I'm sure elections had NOTHING to do with their mind changes...</font color>

DickLeonard
05-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Bobbyrx for the life of me I don't really understand what they voted for. Only congress can declare War, did they really give George the Power to declare War or was George mistaken. Did anyone vote to bring Democrazy to Iraq? Did anyone vote to Occupy Iraq? Did anyone vote to break International Treaties? Did anyone vote to throw out the rules of detaining prisoners? I think We were Hoodwinked by the most treacherous twosome since Hitler and Goering.####

pooltchr
05-11-2007, 06:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> the most treacherous twosome since Hitler and Goering.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I'm just guessing here that you are not talking about you and Gayle here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
05-12-2007, 07:06 AM
You are full of it! From your inability to prove your outrageous lies, to your incredible descriptions, and FYI, The American Medical Association, is the ultimate authority. The information I provided was from the AMA.

Bobbyrx
05-12-2007, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You are full of it! From your inability to prove your outrageous lies <font color="blue"> please point out one</font color> , to your incredible descriptions <font color="blue"> please show where one is inaccurate </font color> , and FYI, The American Medical Association, is the ultimate authority. The information I provided was from the AMA <font color="blue">The quote you provided is true in the description of what C.P. is and what can cause it. How ever when you stop quoting them and add " The solution and remedy to difficult pregnancies which could cause brain injuries, is a C-Section, FYI." and draw the conclusion that the AMA says C Sections prevent C.P. is where you are wrong. Please show me where the AMA says that C Sections prevent Cerebral Palsy. Again back to the subject. What about John Edwards? </font color> . <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
05-12-2007, 08:10 AM
FYI, no one voted to occupy Iraq. The vote was for the use of force after all other options were exhausted. Bush, threw out the inspectors, and launched an illegal, immoral war, breaking Geneva Conventions Agreements, trumping the intelligence, and decieving Americans, and the rest of the world, of his true intentions, to occupy a country which never attacked us on our shores, for a hidden oil agenda, and to orchestrate regime change, against the advice of ALL the Middle East experts, period.

This attack on American Values, and our decades old international agreements, has destablized the entire Middle East, emboldened the terrorists, increased greatly their enlistment abilities, created the greatest deficits in our history, broken our army, and ruined our credibility in the world, with no positive results.

As for abortion, which you seem to harp on incessantly, abortion is legal in this country. Get over it. After you get pregnant, and bring a baby to term, I'll pay attention to your idiotic and ill informed opinions.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-13-2007, 12:11 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[ QUOTE ]
Electronic monitoring provides an up-to-the-minute check of the fetus's health. When an irregular heartbeat is detected — which may be a sign of too little oxygen — doctors often perform an emergency cesarean section in an effort to prevent brain damage that can result in CP or mental retardation.
<hr /></blockquote>

Too little oxygen, is always an emergency situation for the fetus, and always, the remedy, is a c-section. Lack of oxygen causes retardation, can cause blindness, and is also ONE of the known causes of CP. End of discussion.

Make an effort to document, before you begin with your Democrat bashing, please. Just as you did with your post about Feinstein, you take one fact out of context, and try to build it into a case, which has no merit in fact. Then, you follow that up insisting that people prove you wrong.

Say whatever you like about Edwards, Feinstein, Clinton, or any other Democrats. No one thinks Democrats are perfect, just that they aren't half as bad as Republicans, and unless you've been asleep these past six years, only someone suffering from severe delusions could try to patch together any reasonable argument otherwise.

As for proving your many false statements, wrong, why would I bother, when you righties aren't ever interested in facts, in the first place. If you had been, our country wouldn't be fighting Bush's WAR OF TERROR.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
05-14-2007, 12:29 PM
"Too little oxygen, is always an emergency situation for the fetus, and always, the remedy, is a c-section. Lack of oxygen causes retardation, can cause blindness, and is also ONE of the known causes of CP. End of discussion. <font color="blue"> not by a long shot </font color>

Make an effort to document, before you begin with your Democrat bashing, please"
<font color="blue">how many do you want??? from JAMA. 2005;294:1688-1690.
Electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) during labor was introduced in the 1970s without scientific validation, in the belief that EFM would allow birth attendants to identify and "rescue" a baby in distress, hopefully thereby preventing further damage. Many lawsuits relating to CP center on interpretation of EFM patterns and whether or not prompt action was taken based on these tracings.16 Evidence of good medical quality, based on randomized controlled trials, is available concerning whether actions based on EFM tracings are effective in preventing CP: according to a Cochrane Collaborative systematic review of relevant randomized clinical trials, EFM as compared with monitoring by intermittent auscultation is associated with no decrease in perinatal deaths, no fewer admissions to neonatal intensive care units, no fewer Apgar scores below 7 or below 4, and no less incidence of CP.17

In CP trials, the plaintiff’s expert witness often testifies that the damage to the child’s brain was caused by oxygen deprivation during delivery and that if the defendant had performed a cesarean delivery, or performed a cesarean delivery earlier, the child would have escaped harm. THAT WAS ONCE THE PREVAILING VIEW OF HOW CP OCCURRED. Well-designed studies, however, have shown that lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases,6-7 and despite serious efforts, CP due to birth asphyxia has not been shown to be preventable.8 Antenatal risk factors for CP under current investigation are indicators of viral infection, fetal thrombophilias, and polymorphisms of genes regulating inflammation, coagulation, and endothelial activation.9-10 Known risk factors for CP include chorioamnionitis, death of a co-twin in utero, arterial ischemic stroke in the fetus or newborn, an umbilical cord wrapped tightly around the neck of the fetus, and premature birth.11 In none of these problems has obstetric intervention been demonstrated to reduce the risk of CP, largely because useful and specific indicators of intrauterine events do not yet exist. In most cases of CP, the cause cannot be determined. Litigation based on assumptions to the contrary, there is no evidence that immediate delivery upon diagnosis of chorioamnionitis or a nonreassuring fetal heart rate pattern prevents or ameliorates CP.8, 12-13 Despite the dramatic account of legal action related to severe brain damage in a survivor of co-twin death,14 there is no evidence that rapid delivery of the survivor prevents CP.

another: New England Journal of Medicineweb page (http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/349/18/1765)

tell me how many more sources you want and I can give them to you.......give me ONE SOURCE saying that C sections can prevent cerebral palsy.
</font color>

Bobbyrx
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> FYI, no one voted to occupy Iraq. The vote was for the use of force after all other options were exhausted. Bush, threw out the inspectors, and launched an illegal, immoral war, breaking Geneva Conventions Agreements, trumping the intelligence, and decieving Americans, and the rest of the world, of his true intentions, to occupy a country which never attacked us on our shores, for a hidden oil agenda, and to orchestrate regime change, against the advice of ALL the Middle East experts, period.

<font color="blue"> if all this is true, which it's not, then why don't the Democrats vote to stop funding the war..period??? </font color>

Bobbyrx
05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <font color="blue"> watching C-Span again??????? </font color>

As for proving your many false statements, wrong, why would I bother, <font color="blue"> Because you can't !!!!!! </font color>

eg8r
05-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh Bobby look what you started. Gayle is now going to show you that she is an expert in CP and has read more books than you ever did on the subject. Just watch out, I am warning you.

Edwards was a whack job attorney who bilked the medical industry of millions and is one of the big reasons medical costs are so high. Come on, the quack held a seance in the court room and Gayle is defending him, you don't even have to read between the lines on this one.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well-designed studies, however, have shown that lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases,6-7 and despite serious efforts, CP due to birth asphyxia has not been shown to be preventable.8 Antenatal risk factors for CP under current investigation are indicators of viral infection, fetal thrombophilias, and polymorphisms of genes regulating inflammation, coagulation, and endothelial activation.9-10 Known risk factors for CP include chorioamnionitis, death of a co-twin in utero, arterial ischemic stroke in the fetus or newborn, an umbilical cord wrapped tightly around the neck of the fetus, and premature birth.11 In none of these problems has obstetric intervention been demonstrated to reduce the risk of CP, largely because useful and specific indicators of intrauterine events do not yet exist. <hr /></blockquote>

Comes the moment when one wonders what your point is, particularly when you make such an effort to prove my point.

C-Section is currently used as a remedy for a number of at risk, fetal circumstances, period, and for a range of threats, CP, being one of those threats, as your own information clearly states, [ QUOTE ]
9-10 Known risk factors for CP include chorioamnionitis, death of a co-twin in utero, arterial ischemic stroke in the fetus or newborn, an umbilical cord wrapped tightly around the neck of the fetus, and premature birth.11 In none of these problems has obstetric intervention been demonstrated to reduce the risk of CP, largely because useful and specific indicators of intrauterine events do not yet exist. <hr /></blockquote> And since the specifics are not yet determinable, will continue to be the remedy, until further studies can prove differently.

I'm done. I've forgotten what your original point was, however, given that your party had a leader, Frist, who took cats home, kept them for a while as pets, and then cut them up for his own medical studies, and gave prognosises on the capital steps from video clips, in an effort to impose himself along with the religious right, and the Republican Party, including George Bush, imposing themselves into private family issues, I'd hardly think your effort to discredit an attorney, from a middle class family, who distinguished himself in his profession, would be your target.

George Bush could fly to Washington to interfere in a family matter which was none of his damn business, but he couldn't get to New Orleans for a week, as the bodies floated, the White House used pressure to keep the media from showing them, just as he sneaks the coffins of our brave dead soldiers back into the country in the dark of night.

Overall, the Republican Party has distinguished itself as a bunch of sneaky liars, who don't give a flying ****, about anybody but their wealthy corporate fascist pigs, hence, and the party of big spending, big government, nation building, incompetent law breakers. But you go right ahead and save your party with BS about haircuts, and C-Sections.... LMAO...

hondo
05-16-2007, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> Gosh, I learned all kind of things from the Democratic debate. Let's see....The European Union is a country, China is one of our biggest allies, and they're going to be tough on terror and terrorists but the thought of facing questions from Brit Hume makes them shake in their boots. <hr /></blockquote>

We are borrowing billions from China to finance the
war machine and you don't believe they are one of our
biggest allies?!?!?!

Bobbyrx
05-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Sure I did but I thought Obama knew the Democratic talking points better than that

hondo
05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> Sure I did but I thought Obama knew the Democratic talking points better than that <hr /></blockquote>

LOL! Good answer.

Bobbyrx
05-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Comes the moment when one wonders what your point is.

<font color="blue"> That's because you have no facts to back up your side and I provided articles and studies from JAMA and The New England Journal of Medicine and then you somehow wander over to Bill Frist's cats.......g,s,m </font color>

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 08:51 AM
This thread was about the Republican debate. Congress did not vote to occupy Iraq, nor did they vote to send our troops to fight in an Iraqi civil war. Nor did they vote to allow the president to use force in Iraq, except as a last resort. War, was never declared, by congress, against Iraq, period.

As for your other misinformation, which you so handily interpret to your own liking, designate as fact, and insist that others agree with your hunting and pecking methods as you cull out the parts that you think support your convoluted theories, you're obviously using the same powers of deduction that your hero Bush used to justify occupying a country that never attacked America. Like him, you state false information, over and over, until you believe your own BS. Have at it, just don't try to negotiate any agreement from me, because you won't get it. I'm not interested in debating false information, and each of your attempts, begin with a flase premise.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
You're trying to condemn Edwards, for being an attorney, based on an article that YOU chose, which may have nothing to do with any of the people he represented, as far as either of us knows. I find this discussion pointless, convoluted, meandering, and generally speaking a complete waste of my time. Just designate yourself as the winner of a pointless debate, according to your own interpretations.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
05-17-2007, 09:04 AM
You got to admit, Edwards hair does look good. After all, that's what this is all about. Good hair and money raised.

I am getting a little tired of people trying to focus on issues and not the key elements that will predict electability.

Bobbyrx
05-17-2007, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> This thread was about the Republican debate. Congress did not vote to occupy Iraq, nor did they vote to send our troops to fight in an Iraqi civil war. Nor did they vote to allow the president to use force in Iraq, except as a last resort. War, was never declared, by congress, against Iraq, period. <font color="blue">Then why won't they vote to not fund the war and bring them home. Even the Democrats can't get all their members in either house to do it </font color>

As for your other misinformation, <font color="blue"> again, give me one example of misinformation </font color> which you so handily interpret to your own liking, designate as fact, and insist that others agree with your hunting and pecking methods as you cull out the parts that you think support your convoluted theories, you're obviously using the same powers of deduction that your hero Bush used to justify occupying a country that never attacked America. Like him, you state false information, over and over, until you believe your own BS. <font color="blue"> Well you should know about this because you are the Queen </font color> Have at it, just don't try to negotiate any agreement from me, because you won't get it. I'm not interested in debating false information, <font color="blue">(what false information ?? the only information presented on this thread not backed up is by you) </font color> and each of your attempts, begin with a flase premise <font color="blue"> (like what?? give me one example of a false premise on this thread </font color> . <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> </font color>

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
One example? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ha ha ha...

Nothing you post is correct. Your original point, is incorrect, because Edwards made his millions by investing, first of all, and secondly, your premise that he somehow tried to focus on CP cases, is false. Attorney's don't hire clients.

Secondly, you refuse to acknowledge that your own article, refers to a condition, CP, which results, in some cases, to a fetus under stress during labor, but you deny that the remedy for such a situation, is a cesarean section. Hence, you are posting false information, and contradicting yourself.

All this BS, because you want to bash Edwards. The man was an attorney. He did not come from a wealthy family, but made his way in life by paying his dues in acquiring an education, and working in a legal legitimate profession. It may not be work that you approve of, but, it was a professional career, nevertheless.

I'm done. You're another one who creates a non issue, and then harps away at it as though it had some pertinence to the discussion, which it never does.

I harp about Bush's incompetence and deciet, however, both those facts are at the heart of everything that is happening in this country, politically, and every American can see the results, every night, hence, 60% to 75% of Americans feel that Goerge Bush has been a bad president, and has the country heading in the wrong direction, and that Iraqa was a big mistake on his part, and that we should get out of Iraq, which Iraqis, think, also. There's no if's and's or but's, about that, but I'm sure you'd never admit it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bobbyrx
05-17-2007, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> One example? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ha ha ha... <font color="blue">still waiting... </font color>

Nothing you post is correct. <font color="blue">BS </font color> Your original point, is incorrect, because Edwards made his millions by investing, <font color="blue"> how about hedge funds web page (http://http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/22/AR2007042201339_pf.html) </font color> first of all, and secondly, your premise that he somehow tried to focus on CP cases, is false. <font color="blue"> no it's not..early in his career he specialized in these cases </font color> Attorney's don't hire clients. <font color="blue">but they look for ones who bring in the money </font color>

Secondly, you refuse to acknowledge that your own article, refers to a condition, CP, which results, in some cases, to a fetus under stress during labor, but you deny that the remedy for such a situation, is a cesarean section. <font color="blue"> I don't know what article that you
read but everyone I posted and many
others I read said the same thing. Emergency c sections do not prevent C.P. Why has the rate of C.P. not fallen and why is it virtually the
same here as it is in under developed nations????
</font color>Hence, you are posting false information, and contradicting yourself. <font color="blue"> What other sources do you want. JAMA and the New England Journal not good enough for you. Please provide me the link to where the AMA says emergency c sections will prevent C.P. </font color>

All this BS, because you bash Edwards.
He did not come from a wealthy family, <font color="blue"> or a poor one </font color>
but made his way in life by paying his dues in acquiring an education, and working in a legal legitimate profession. It may not be work that you approve of, but, it was a professional career, nevertheless.

I'm done. You're another one who creates a non issue, <font color="blue"> a guess Bill Fritz's cats is an issue </font color> and then harps away at it as though it had some pertinence to the discussion, which it never does.

I harp about Bush's incompetence and deciet, however, both those facts are at the heart of everything that is happening in this country, politically, and every American can see the results, every night, hence, 60% to 75% of Americans feel that Goerge Bush has been a bad president, and has the country heading in the wrong direction, and that Iraqa was a big mistake on his part, and that we should get out of Iraq, which Iraqis, think, also. There's no if's and's or but's, about that, but I'm sure you'd never admit it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <font color="blue">should have gone in at the time knowing what we knew then - yep. Screwed up since we went in - yep, big time. Get out - not yet </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In CP trials, the plaintiff’s expert witness often testifies that the damage to the child’s brain was caused by oxygen deprivation during delivery and that if the defendant had performed a cesarean delivery, or performed a cesarean delivery earlier, the child would have escaped harm. THAT WAS ONCE THE PREVAILING VIEW OF HOW CP OCCURRED. Well-designed studies, however, have shown that lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases, <hr /></blockquote>

When a fetus isn't getting oxygen during labor, a C-Section is the emergency remedy, period. Again, your own post, which is pasted here, says that lack of oxygen, is sometimes the cause of CP.

I don't give a rat's ass what you think of Edwards, anyway. In fact, I don't care what you think about any issue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The End.

Bobbyrx
05-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Can you read what you just posted:
"THAT WAS ONCE THE PREVAILING VIEW OF HOW CP OCCURRED. Well-designed studies, however, have shown that lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases"
I have provided documentation, you have provided nothing because you can't show me anyone besides a slimy trial lawyer who says a c-section will prevent cerebral palsy.
And still no logical justification on how Edwards can on one hand be the "voice of the unborn little child' when he can win millions on a phoney law suit and then support abortion on demand

Gayle in MD
05-18-2007, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases"
<hr /></blockquote>

Bobbyrx
05-18-2007, 10:32 AM
lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases"
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">nice try......exept the entire quote was "Well-designed studies, however, have shown that lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases, and despite serious efforts, CP due to birth asphyxia has NOT BEEN SHOWN TO BE PREVENTABLE."

next</font color>

Gayle in MD
05-18-2007, 10:35 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The remedy is C-Section....can you read the King's english?

eg8r
05-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Bobby,

You are wasting your time. This is how Gayle operates, she picks and chooses what she wants to read and believe. If you can remember the non-story about the President almost blowing himself up with the car. Gayle only read what she wanted. When it was pointed out time and time again she was wrong she ignored it. The woman does not care about the truth, is passionate about non-issues and frankly who cares. There are enough crazy people out there, what is wrong with identifying and ignoring one more.

Gayle is persistent and usually she provides opinion cleverly hidden under the guise of fact. Highsea used to post on this board and he would completely obliterate Gayle's reinvention/reinterpretation of history, but guess what Gayle had no intention of learning anything. Her blinders were on and that was all she cared about.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
05-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Sure I can, over and over and over
<font color="blue"> CP due to birth asphyxia has NOT BEEN SHOWN TO BE PREVENTABLE."
</font color>

Gayle in MD
05-18-2007, 05:49 PM
lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases,

CP due to birth asphyxia has NOT BEEN SHOWN TO BE PREVENTABLE."

<font color="red">That statement is true, BUT it is also true that a c-section, in time, prevents birth asphyxia, hence, could save a percentage of those fetuses which are in that condition. Hence, you cull out statements, out of context, to prove a point, which you harp away at, when the point is a moot point in the first place.

As far as I am concerned, both you, and Ed, are a complete waste of tiem. Neither of you knows what you're talking about. You're are only interested in bashing me.

There are so many misquotes, like this one of Ed's, High Sea, insisted that we didn't escape our confronatation with Cuba by using diplomacy. That simply wasn't true, and by all historical accounts, it was the closest we ever came to nuclear confrontation, and diplomacy ended the confrontation.

People like you two, are simply too immature to try to have a debate with, in the first place. I've asked Ed, for the sake of the others here, to stop posting to me, over and over, in a nice way, and he refuses to leave me alone. His incessant attacks on me are beginning to amount to internet stalking, when he's been asked, nicely, to leave me alone. High Sea, threatened me, that's how well adjusted he was. Ed is a simple harassment. Kind of like a little knat at a picnic. You, are just like him, and neither of you is well read, or informed, about anything, and in fact, this page displ;ays posts by both of you which included false information, completely ridiculous. If there is a hypocrit aroun, neither of you should be pointing fingers. I don't really give a flying FK about what either of you think, you're both irrelevant, as far as I am concerned, and I don't intend to waste any more of my time trying to debate your irrelevant, moot points, nor your incorrect mistatements culled out of the nutty right wing rumor machine, in the future. You both bore me to tears.</font color>

Bobbyrx
05-19-2007, 12:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases,

<font color="red">That statement is true, BUT it is also true that a c-section, in time, prevents birth asphyxia, hence, could save a percentage of those fetuses which are in that condition. <font color="blue">What in the world are you talking about?? </font color> Hence, you cull out statements, out of context, to prove a point, which you harp away at, when the point is a moot point in the first place. <font color="blue"> I post entire articles and links to the same but you take one half of a sentence from one of them "lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases," when the sentence said " "Well-designed studies, however, have shown that lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases, and despite serious efforts, CP due to birth asphyxia has NOT BEEN SHOWN TO BE PREVENTABLE." ...and you say I'M taking statements out of context..........
Again, just show me one article or study saying that c-sections prevent C.P.
</font color>

Bobbyrx
05-19-2007, 12:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases,

<font color="red">That statement is true, BUT it is also true that a c-section, in time, prevents birth asphyxia, hence, could save a percentage of those fetuses which are in that condition. <font color="blue">What in the world are you talking about?? </font color> Hence, you cull out statements, out of context, to prove a point, which you harp away at, when the point is a moot point in the first place. <font color="blue"> I post entire articles and links to the same but you take one half of a sentence from one of them "lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases," when the sentence said " "Well-designed studies, however, have shown that lack of oxygen causes only a small proportion of CP cases, and despite serious efforts, CP due to birth asphyxia has NOT BEEN SHOWN TO BE PREVENTABLE." ...and you say I'M taking statements out of context..........
Again, just show me one article or study saying that c-sections prevent C.P.
</font color>

Gayle in MD
05-19-2007, 06:31 AM
When you learn how to read the King's english, I might waste my time in another debate with you. Now you go find for yourself, a study that says that C-sections do not prevent birth Asphyxia.

Done!

Bobbyrx
05-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Can't find anything showing C sections will prevent C.P. huh?? BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE...Back to your wonderful premise.....of course C sections will prevent asphyxia. No one said they wouldn't. The problem is to prevent all asphyxia problems with the fetus you would have to do a C section AS SOON AS THE WOMAN GOT PREGNANT and since the child's lungs don't develop until late in the pregnantcy, that wouldn't work too well now would it? So they use Electronic Fetal Monitoring to try to predict, based on the fetal heart rate, when a child in late term may be in distress. But as the studies show, outcomes are the same regardless of whether fetal distress is managed operatively(C-section) or conservatively (normal vaginal birth). And as the studies show, intervention that is chosen on the basis of the fetal heart rate does not seem to improve outcomes. So to recap. The large majority of C.P. has been shown not to be caused by asphyxia. Of the remaining small amount that MIGHT be caused by late term asphyxia, the studies show that c-sections have not been shown to prevent it. The fact that c sections have increased 10 fold in the last 20 years and the rate of C.P. has remained THE SAME bear out the studies findings....

Gayle in MD
05-19-2007, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that c sections have increased 10 fold in the last 20 years and the rate of C.P. has remained THE SAME bear out the studies findings....

<hr /></blockquote>

This has got to be one of your more absurd statements. Do you think that the threat of CP is the only reason to perform a C-Section.

Look, this entire discussion is, as I said long ago in history when this thread began, your desire is to slander Edwards, and the reason why this discussion is pointless is that neither you or I have the court documents, or the medical documents involved in the law suits, hence, I don't find the debate over these issues at all relevant to Edwards, his professionalism, or the issue of CP and C-Section.

I know some about the issue, since I watched my own daughter lie in bed for six weeks, hooked up to a monitor, previous to my grand daughter's birth. I know what I know, and there is no point in my wasting my time discussing it since it isn't relevant to Edwards in the first place. You're quoting recent studies. It's been year since Edwards represented such cases. Medical philosophy on the subject was quite different back then. I really don't care what you think of Edwards, anyway. He's a Democrat, so you hate him, that much is clear. I am not that way about Republicans, only the crooks in the party. I admire many of them, and have stated so right here, and some are personal heros of mine. Further, I don't intend to get into these pointless discussions of your again. You do some googling, and think you've proven something, and you haven't proven anything. Stick to the point of the thread, the Republican debate. I'm not interested in debating medical science of today, to try to prove an irrelevant point about goings on that happened over ten years ago, and particularly not with you.

SHEESH!

Bobbyrx
05-20-2007, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The fact that c sections have increased 10 fold in the last 20 years and the rate of C.P. has remained THE SAME bear out the studies findings....

<hr /></blockquote>

This has got to be one of your more absurd statements. <font color="blue">Don't you think that the number of cerebral palsy cases would go down if indeed c sections could prevent it???????? </font color> Do you think that the threat of CP is the only reason to perform a C-Section. <font color="blue">No and now finally you get to the point. Bottom feeding trial lawyers have caused the huge increase by hundreds of unfounded law suits. All those Caesareans have, however, increased the mother's risk of death, hemorrhage, infection, pulmonary embolism and Mendelson's syndrome. Obstetricians leave the practice rather than pay malpractice insurance in excess of $100,000 a year.

</font color>

Look, this entire discussion is, as I said long ago in history when this thread began, your desire is to slander Edwards, and the reason why this discussion is pointless is that neither you or I have the court documents, or the medical documents involved in the law suits, <font color="blue">(You don't have any documents that we invaded Iraq for oil but that hasn't slowed you down there) </font color> hence, I don't find the debate over these issues at all relevant to Edwards, his professionalism, or the issue of CP and C-Section.
<font color="blue">These issues are completely relevant to Edwards. He claimed he was channeling the voice of an unborn baby girl who was speaking to the jurors through him:

"She said at 3, 'I'm fine.' She said at 4, 'I'm having a little trouble, but I'm doing OK.' Five, she said, 'I'm having problems.' At 5:30, she said, 'I need out.'
"She speaks to you through me and I have to tell you right now – I didn't plan to talk about this – right now I feel her. I feel her presence. She's inside me, and she's talking to you." Yet if the mother 5 minutes later decided to abort the child for any reason Edwards is going to say "Sorry kid, I can't hear you anymore" How hypocritical can one be?

</font color>