PDA

View Full Version : Graduated Carnegie last night (NPR)

Kato
07-24-2002, 06:30 AM
Well, I finally finished. 12 weeks of some very difficult work. Working outside of my comfort zone has really helped me to develop as a human being. I had probably my best speech last night in front a crowd of parents and bosses. Several people came up to me afterwards to shake my hand and tell me how much they loved my talk. I suppose I couldn't stop smiling (I think I still am), it was a wonderful feeling.

Well, I just wanted to pass that along. I'd like to think I'll become a better person through my experiences. I met a very special group of people (not one of who knows which end of the cue is which) and we're actually gonna keep meeting.

I do think it's time for me to thank all of my friends here on the board, even those who don't like me so much. Thanks for giving me a home and a place to sound off. I love you all (even my 2nd best friend Chris Cass:)).

Kato

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 06:32 AM
Good morning:

Contratulations Kato !!!

So, when are you going to visit New York City so that, aside from getting your butt kicked on the Pool table, you can be my guest at dinner?

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
07-24-2002, 06:35 AM
Outstanding,KATO,
Congratulations!
Carol

Lester
07-24-2002, 06:39 AM
Congratulations Kato! One of the most important things in life is to continually challenge yourself. To recognize your fears and to face them, "head-on" is the best.

****Lester~you've got one life to live - make it count!

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 06:39 AM
Good morning:

Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Sun Tzu - The Art of War & Business

Two (2) of my most favorite titles...

Dr. D.

Rich R.
07-24-2002, 06:47 AM
Congratulations Kato. Learning never ends.
Rich R.~~~I just learned that I get the 8 and the snap from Kato.

Kato
07-24-2002, 06:49 AM
Diana, do you realize I'm 31 years old and never been to NY?On my to do list for next year is either (1) NYC or (2) Boston. By then you won't be able to fathom missing, you will have forgotten what the rack looks like, your already phenominal cooking will be at it's peak, and by the time you finish with me I'll be starving.

Kato~~~Dr. D's personal rack slave

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 06:52 AM
Good morning:

So, you are 31 years young. Such a Babe in arms are you!

Friendship, which is priceless, knows no age. Dinner, so that you can enjoy a true NYC experience, would be at one of my favorite Manhattan restuarants. while I am a good cook, I would not subject you to my kitchen on our initial meeting.

Dr. D.

Ralph S.
07-24-2002, 06:55 AM
Hey Kato, you already seem to be a good person and thats good enough for your friends here at CCB. I am glad things went well for you.
Ralph S.

Eric.
07-24-2002, 07:39 AM
Good deal, Kato!

Congrats and peace be with you.

Eric

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 07:44 AM
Kato, you get a gold star! Congrats! /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-24-2002, 07:51 AM
Howdy R. J.,

Congratulations.

I believe when you started this course you were hoping the training might help your pool game as far as dealing with nerves and such. Any further thoughts on that subject now that the course is finished?

Kato
07-24-2002, 08:20 AM
You remembered that huh?

Kato~~~has a plan, see new post

Karatemom
07-24-2002, 09:06 AM
Congrats RJ. You have accomplished something that is very difficult for a lot of people, including me. Now that you're wiser, I see no problem with you getting in front of everyone at the ph and telling them you'll give me the 7 out, LOL. Congratulations again, I know how hard you worked for that achievement.

Heide

SPetty
07-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Congratulations Kato. What an accomplishment! I hope it was worth it. I'm a pretty shy person and wouldn't be at all able to do what you did.

Did you talk about pool at all? If so, what did you say?

JimS
07-24-2002, 11:54 AM
You CAN do it! Shyness is not a permanant condition. Speaking in public is done by ACTING like you are not nervous. You put on an act. You ACT like a person who does not feel nervous and enjoys speaking in front of a crowd. You FAKE IT!

And RJ.....way to go. That is an accomplishment to be proud of and it certainly does lead to personal growth.

Kato
07-24-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey ya "S". We had 2 girls in our class who on day 1 could barely be heard with complete quiet. They did not end up being our best speakers but they made more improvement than anybody else. If they can do it, anyone can do it.

Did I talk about pool? Sure, I talked about a few things. Dealing with pressure, I did a talk on a game under pressure. Our "prop" speech I brought a cue in and a rack of balls and showed everyone how to break 9 ball. My "yelling" speech was about a guy woofing at me. I had fun doing that stuff. Nobody knew what I was talking about.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 02:28 PM
Whatever happened to imagining everyone in their underwear! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif Or even better, in "Lita pants". /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Wendy~~I just can't help myself sometimes /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

Kato
07-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Never once was that brought up. Nope, be enthusiastic about your talk and be qualified to give it. Besides, the people in my class (other than one cute girl) were not exactly "underwear model" material.

Kato~~~hehehehehe

Barbara
07-24-2002, 03:54 PM
Congrats Kato! Isn't accomplishment a wonderful thing?

Barbara~~~knows how Kato feels...

Kato
07-24-2002, 11:47 PM
Barbara, I love you but reality is that you have accomplished something far more impressive. I BS'd my way through 13 weeks of speaking and while I did learn you did something I could never comprehend. I truely appreciate your congratulations but it is you who deserves all the props.

Kato~~~wonders why others get away with calling Barbara "Barb" while Kato must remember the definition.

PS. The world must know that Barbara is the first CCB poster to ever e-mail me and believe it or not I cherish that reading. Wish I would have printed it for her to sign it the day we meet.

Voodoo Daddy
07-24-2002, 11:51 PM
BUTT KICKED AT POOL??? Wow...thats strong. Well, at least you'll get grub for your beating!! Sounds fair to me...HAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:14 AM
I always wanted to go to Carnegie Hall...Stevie Ray Vaughan played there...what a great recording. What? Dale Carnegie who?...OPPS..LMFAO!!! Congrats Kato, you 'lil anklebiter you!

Voodoo Daddy
07-25-2002, 01:23 AM
Hey Doc... make sure you explain Kato to the owners of the spot you'll be taking him to, he has tendencies beyond NY comprehension. I tried to warned you...HAHAHAHAHA.