PDA

View Full Version : How did this slip by???

Bobbyrx
05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. Say it ain't so.......

A veteran California senator has resigned as chair of a powerful military construction committee after reports that for years she abused her position to award her husband’s companies billions of dollars in government contracts.

During her six years as chair and ranking member of the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee, Senator Dianne Feinstein annually supervised the appropriation of billions of dollars for specific military construction projects. The San Francisco lawmaker supervised her own staff of military construction experts and she lobbied Pentagon officials to support her favorite projects.

She wielded quite a bit of power and succeeded in steering hundreds of billions of dollars in military contracts to companies partially owned by her wealthy husband, Richard Blum. One company alone earned $792 million from military construction and environmental cleanup projects approved by Feinstein’s committee and another $759 million.

The blatant ethics violation and obvious conflict of interest was first exposed earlier this year by a weekly Northern California publication. The story details how Feinstein voted over the years for appropriations that enriched her husband’s firms and that her top legal advisor also happens to be one of her husband’s longtime business partners; in other words, a financial beneficiary of the senator’s decisions.

No wonder Feinstein, a former San Francisco mayor elected to the U.S. Senate in 1992, is among the wealthiest members of congress. Last year she ranked eighth with a net worth of $42.6 million, boosted by assets she holds with her husband. Most of them are companies that have made their fortune from the very government contracts she has granted them.

Perhaps Feinstein quit her coveted military construction committee position because she is taking her new role as the senate ethics police quite seriously. As the new chair of the Senate Rules Committee Feinstein, for years an ethics violator, is actually in charge of regulating her colleagues’ ethical behavior.

<font color="blue">I just knew only Republicans did this. You mean both sides a corrupt?? </font color>

pooltchr
05-11-2007, 06:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> As the new chair of the Senate Rules Committee Feinstein, for years an ethics violator, is actually in charge of regulating her colleagues’ ethical behavior.

<font color="blue">I just knew only Republicans did this. You mean both sides a corrupt?? </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Seems like a case of the fox guarding the hen house.
Steve

Drop1
05-11-2007, 08:22 PM
She resigned,something a Republican would never have done. I have been away for a while,are we still winning the war in Iraq,and are thirty five thousand children dying of malnutriton in Africa each day,and do more people in China speak English,as a second language,than the english speaking population of the U.S. They sell a billion condoms a year in China. Are the Neolibral Democrats still pushing a failed plan for NAFTA,and Globalization? The times are a changing,and no one is in charge. Can you still buy "American" in WalMart /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
05-11-2007, 09:53 PM
I brought this up a while ago and here are some of the responses... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Q, there are very few politicians that I admire....but Sen. Feinstein would get my vote for any office that she seeked...it's refreshing to know that we also elected a woman to the Senate,that was recognised at Stanford, as a future leader.
I'd be very surprised that a woman who once gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to a homeless person, spitting out the vomit in the process....would become financially corrupt, as Ed claims....
<hr /></blockquote> Yeah, I claimed it. I must have just made it all up on my own. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote gayle:</font><hr> Good post, Jack, and I agree. I watch a lot of live Congressional/Senate Committee hearings and she is definately one of the most well informed, intelligent, and genuine.

It is interestingm though, watching the Repubs, grab at straws. <hr /></blockquote> Grabbing at straws...Since when did $792 million become piddly like grabbing at straws? I guess when it is your guy (girl) corruption does not matter. Isn't it so clear why the left has such an infatuation with W? The one lady in office that they call "one of the most well informed, intelligent, and genuine" is as crooked as it gets. Yeah she is intelligent alright, she pulled the wool over your eyes pretty good.

Wait, one more... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote gayle:</font><hr> Steve, you are the last person here who could be saying that with a straight face. You have defended every incompetent, illegal action of your President, and your party.
<hr /></blockquote> Stand by your girl.

Well you get the point. Basically when I started that thread (Another crooked Dem) the left on the board decided to not address the crook, they did their same ole sad story about the horrible man called W.

You know, there was not too much about this in the news, I guess the left did not think this was newsworthy in their attempt to blind America for a chance at the White House.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-12-2007, 06:45 AM
I love the way these righties post this BS with no links. Where does this come from, the RNC? Or Faux News?

I have not heard a single thing about this.

The news seems to be all about the Republican Governor of Nevada, on the take, and refusing to resign.

However, nothing can top six years of Republicans in Complete control allowing George W.Bush to continue to lie, over and over, as our troops are dying, with the full support of the Republican Blank Check big spenders whose policies have caused the deaths of coming up on 3500 Americans, and who knows how many Iraqis, while losing money by the billions, and over a trillion in debt to China, all without a strategic plan, or any sign of accomplishment in over four years, and all having been proven to have been against the interests of the United States, and in the interests of the terrorists, AND at the same time, they have racked up more indictments, and shown more corruption, than any administration since Nixon.

Hence, the real question is, how does all that slip by the scrutiny of the nutty right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
05-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Well leftie why don't you just google it, it is only BS in your mind. The rest of us are living in reality.

Feinstein steps down (http://www.metroactive.com/metro/03.21.07/dianne-feinstein-resigns-0712.html)

Link to Appropriations site, no Feinstein (http://appropriations.senate.gov/military.cfm)

Your mention of not hearing about it is exactly what we have been saying for years...The media's agenda is to only show the Reps in negative light. You heard very very little about Feinstein stepping down. This would have been way different if a Rep was caught doing it.

Also, the media gives us non-stories about Plame and the AG firings but nothing about one of their own lining her pockets with millions and millions of dollars. So much for doing the right thing. The only thing the Dems have not lied about was going behind W's back and trying to legislate defeat in Iraq.

eg8r

pooltchr
05-12-2007, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
I have not heard a single thing about this.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe you should try reading something other than all the liberal bs you cut and paste over here.
Seems like unless it's bashing the administration, nothing is worth your attention.
Try widening your horizons a little bit.
Steve

Qtec
05-12-2007, 10:52 AM
If there was a conflict of interest, how did she ever get on that commitee in the first place? Was it a secret what her husband did for a living?

The fact is that she had NO POWER to award her husband or ANYONE else a sweet contract.
This is just another RNC talking point aimed to deflect attention from the present Govt scandals- and thats plural! Another storm in a teecup.

Its AMAZING that you feel confident in condeming a DEM on hearsay when you continualy bark about 'Presumption of Innocence' everytime another crooked Rep gets indicted?

Cheney GAVE Haliburton BILLIONS in contracts WITHOUT any bidding , ie a GIFT. Totally unlike the contracts won by F's husbands companies who had to win over the competition. Despite ripping the taxpayer off for almost a billion Haliburton still continue to get contracts!?
[ Why has there been no investigation into the obvious war profiteering by Cheney's last employer??]

Meanwhile......................................... .. the Att General lies thru his teeth and the Reps think he did a good job!
I say he lied because he says he can't remember !
What a load of BS.
I'll bet there are 85 year old women with altzhiemers who have better memories!

Q........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Drop1
05-12-2007, 01:27 PM
What did she do,beat up the other members of the Committee,and threaten them with excamunication from the Senate,if they did not award the contracts to her husband's company? Were there any other companies bidding for these contracts. Someone said they live in the real world. I wonder how far that is from Washington? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pooltchr
05-12-2007, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> If there was a conflict of interest, how did she ever get on that commitee in the first place? Q........... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If there was no conflict of interest, why did she resign???????????
Steve

eg8r
05-12-2007, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should try reading something other than all the liberal bs you cut and paste over here.
Seems like unless it's bashing the administration, nothing is worth your attention.
Try widening your horizons a little bit.
<hr /></blockquote> Like all the leftists here Steve, that would not fit the bill. They spend all their time reading the leftist rags and blame everyone with a differing opinion of reading "faux news". Their agenda is to discredit everything and everyone that does not promote their agenda.

eg8r

eg8r
05-12-2007, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there was a conflict of interest, how did she ever get on that commitee in the first place? Was it a secret what her husband did for a living? <hr /></blockquote> You are right Q, it is not her fault for sending $790 million towards her hubbies coffers, it is the fault of those who put her in that position. Remember the left do not believe in self-responsiblity when it is their corrupt people at fault.

[ QUOTE ]
Its AMAZING that you feel confident in condeming a DEM on hearsay when you continualy bark about 'Presumption of Innocence' everytime another crooked Rep gets indicted?
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, why is that amazing? You find yourself doing it ALL the time, you should understand how easy it is to slip into such an act. You are correct she might be innocent and she certainly was not proven guilty in a court of law, reason being...she stepped down and that was good enough for the committee. Innocent people regularly step down when wrongly accused, thank you for reeling me in.

It sounds like you might have heard about this so I wonder why the other lefties on the board missed it (twice)?

eg8r

Qtec
05-13-2007, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Feinstein's Office Denies Conflict of Interest Charges
By Fred Lucas
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
April 04, 2007

(CNSNews.com) - Breaking nearly a week of silence, Sen. Dianne Feinstein's office Tuesday called allegations of a conflict of interest "nonsense" and said the California Democrat played no role in awarding military contracts that benefited companies owned by her husband.

It was reported last week that Feinstein no longer serves on a Senate subcommittee that oversaw military construction.

Earlier this year, Metro Newspapers accused Feinstein of a conflict of interest because the subcommittee had oversight of military contracts that often went to defense contractors owned by her husband, Richard Blum.

Feinstein's departure from the Senate subcommittee on military construction appropriation, also called MILCON, had nothing to do with reports in the Silicon Valley weeklies, said Feinstein spokesman Scott Gerber. In fact, she had already left the panel before the reports were published in late January.

"It is nonsense to suggest Sen. Feinstein resigned from the military construction subcommittee," Gerber told Cybercast News Service Tuesday. "At the beginning of Congress, following the historic shift in power, Sen. Feinstein had the opportunity to be the chair of the interior appropriations subcommittee."

This Senate panel offered her more ways to help the state of California, Gerber said, adding, "She is still on the full defense appropriations subcommittee."

Feinstein's service on the committee never presented a conflict of interest, Gerber said, because she didn't have the power to direct contracts to her husband's business or any other company.

"Sen. Feinstein never sought to award military contracts," Gerber said. "That procedure is done by the defense department.<hr /></blockquote>

As usual, you bought the propoganda because you want it to be true. It 'slipped by' because most people see it for what it is - pure speculation unsupported by any facts! Its slander. IMO Its typical Karl Rove. F resigns and they try to discredit her by spinning it with lies and allegations of wrong doing. They make up a story and the freeRepublic, Rush and then Fox do the dirty work. They spread lies. They present suspicions as fact. Allegations as proof of guilt.

Here is a REAL piece of journalism which totally destroys the allegations in the anti-Feinstein article.

Quote,
" The piece's author, a freelance journalist named Peter Byrne, alleges that, "Two defense contractors whose interests were largely controlled by her husband, financier Richard C. Blum, benefited from decisions made by Feinstein as leader" of the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee (MILCON), part of the Senate Appropriatins Committee. To substantiate this allegation, he misrepresents or mischaracterizes both the transcripts of MILCON hearings, and information gleaned from the Web sites and press releases of the companies in question. He consistently distorts the plain meaning of words or omits key information and context in his effort to suggest scandal. But don't believe me -- read the rest for yourself, and see whether Byrne's central allegation -- "Two defense contractors whose interests were largely controlled by her husband, financier Richard C. Blum, benefited from decisions made by Feinstein as leader" of MILCON -- can be substantiated by the examples Byrne cites. Unlike the publication for which he wrote his article, I'm providing links to all the committee transcripts and press releases and other information I cite. I leave it to readers to draw their own conclusions.

read this (http://www.sunlightfoundation.com/node/2539)

I dare you to read it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Q...this is a non issue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pooltchr
05-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Sounds like her office is putting the best possible spin on the story. Did your mother ever teach you there are two sides to every story? How is it, that the side that supports your personal agenda is always true, and anything else is wrong?
Both sides are guilty of putting their own spin on everything. I doubt Ms. F. is as clean as she would want you to think. I doubt W. is as clean as he would want you to believe. I doubt there are more than a handful of politicians in Washington that aren't guilty of using their political power for some sort of personal gain.
Wake up! Very little of what you read is not tainted by someone's personal views.
I've got a nice bridge I would like to sell.....
Steve

Gayle in MD
05-13-2007, 10:23 AM
That's right, nothing is more important than bashing the administration right now, in order to continue to keep the critical issue alive, which is the un-necessary, illegal, unconstitutional, immoral BUSH war in Iraq, and the resulting slaughter of our young troops throughout the summer, while the Iraq parliament, goes on vacation, and people in the green zone of Baghdad, now must wear protective helmets and chest gear to leave their locations and travel INSIDE the green zone.

Nothing is more important that to continue a discussion about continuing to remove Bush's power, when we have clear evidence of a president who suffers from severe delusions, illusions, misjudgements, mis-statements, and is batting zero on predictions, and a grandeous ego which has caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, through his incompetence and blase' attitude about the safety of our troops, so much so, that he sends them bacvk over and over without required rest, equipment, and training, and follows that behavior, by cutting funds for the Veterans Administration, which has completely failed our injured troops. Now, go right ahead and frame that as a partisan attack, and more of my BS partisan slanted information. More of my hatefilled rhetoric, but first, go to the nearest Veterans hospital, and talk to some people who have paid the price for Bush's War.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like her office is putting the best possible spin on the story. <hr /></blockquote>

You obviously did not read the link which Q. provided, but used instead your standard response to all Republican lies and accompannying slander, with protestation that all politicians are corrupt, and since political spin exists on both sides, no point in hunting down the facts. Hell, let's just burn all the books, too, and destroy all the documentation of government action, hell, we might just as well, since the Republicans now destroy all the documentation as they are performing their illegal activities, before we even find out about them.

[ QUOTE ]
How is it, that the side that supports your personal agenda is always true, and anything else is wrong?
<hr /></blockquote>

Again, you could only be asking this if you didn't bother reading the documentation Q. made available for you. How is it that your M.O. is to avoid documentation, in the interest of your slanted views?

[ QUOTE ]
Wake up! Very little of what you read is not tainted by someone's personal views.
I've got a nice bridge I would like to sell.....
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Pretty funny. A guy like you, telling a guy like Q., to wake up! Q provides documentation, which you don't bother reading, then you tell him to wake up, ha ha ha....typical rightie, and I'll bet you bought that bridge from one of your Cronies in the corrupt Republican Party, after failing to research the deal in advance! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-13-2007, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> , while the Iraq parliament, goes on vacation,
Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

Try keeping up for a change. Your hated administration pretty much told them there would be no vacation for them as long as we were over there in the middle of things. But, gosh, we can't admit that the administration did something you might actually agree with, can we???
Steve

pooltchr
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> did not read the link which Q. provided, <hr /></blockquote>

I have the standard issue republican anti-virus program loaded on my computer. It blocks all links from Q and you to keep from corrupting my hard drive! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
05-14-2007, 07:32 AM
OMG, talk about spin!!!! If you can't see the idiocy in our people dying over there to give the Iraqi Government "Breathing Space" as the evil Rice puts it, and that bunch even considering a two month vacation, there's no hope for you, that's for sure. When eighty percent, (100% in some areas) of any countrymen want to kill our soldiers, it's time to stop sacrificing for their peace and prosperity. The minute they said that, our folks should have started packing pronto! With a few special forces teams, and some drones, we could continue to target and kill alQaeda, the very few who are there. Most of the violence is between Iraqis, in spite of how Rice tries to spin it. "Her statement is "We're not looking to leave Iraq" last week on Charlie Rose's program, confirms what most of us, spare the nutty 28% who still believe this bunch of lying SOB's, that Bush's true plan is to leave this mess for the next president to deal with. And we thought his FATHER was a whimp!

Oh, and on your suggestion to me of keeping up...they haven't agreed to canceling their vacation, just FYI.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Glad to hear you finally admit to it, must be atleast 28% in this country for whom the White House has installed their anti-reality program. Gee, I didn't think you guys knew about it though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Qtec
05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Well put Gayle, but as you see, it is pointless. Steve, eg8r etc believe what they want to DESPITE the facts. The facts only get in the way .

Q

eg8r
05-14-2007, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As usual, you bought the propoganda because you want it to be true. It 'slipped by' because most people see it for what it is - pure speculation unsupported by any facts! Its slander. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, yeah that is what it was. Someone steps in to do damage control and you bought into it right away.

[ QUOTE ]
I dare you to read it. <hr /></blockquote> Do I hear a double dare? LOL.

This is a non-issue just like that secretary Plame.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
05-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Why has there been no investigation into the obvious war profiteering by Cheney's last employer??
<font color="blue"> The only reason I can think of that the left isn't all over this is that there has been no war profiteering...... </font color>

Qtec
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
This post only serves to show your ignnorance!

TYou obviously havn't a clue about whats going on.!

Do I have to show A vid showing USZ GIs being used for target practice?

Al..........LETS GET REAL

pooltchr
05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Well put Gayle, but as you see, it is pointless. Steve, eg8r etc believe what they want to DESPITE the facts. The facts only get in the way .

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Not "THE facts"....just "YOUR facts"
Steve

Drop1
05-14-2007, 08:39 PM
To Steve, point being,only your private set of facts reflect the truth. Did you ever read Q's link. This thread has been beat to death,but as a seeker of truth,you should read it,or maybe truth is not the foundation of your facts.

DickLeonard
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Gayle as a Student of GWB lies and his facial distortions which prove that he is lying.

When he went before the cameras after the 11 Congressmen had a meeting and told the Great George he is going to destroy the Republican party if he doesn't change his stance.

The cameras recorded his red face boiling from the 11 telling him he is no longer the Great Decider and in order to secure Rep seats in 2008 they might have to overide his veto. George the Party is over.

Of course he lied about accepting Benchmarks.####

Bobbyrx
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
"Sen. Feinstein never sought to award military contracts," Gerber said. "That procedure is done by the defense department.
<font color="blue">You miss the point. You buy the claim here that military contracts are awarded by the defense department but I guess you buy it only if it looks like a Democrat might be in the wrong. By the same argument I guess Haliburton is innocent of all "charges". The evil Republican senators must have nothing to do with awarding defense contracts either.</font color>

hondo
05-15-2007, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Well leftie why don't you just google it, it is only BS in your mind. The rest of us are living in reality.

Feinstein steps down (http://www.metroactive.com/metro/03.21.07/dianne-feinstein-resigns-0712.html)

Link to Appropriations site, no Feinstein (http://appropriations.senate.gov/military.cfm)

Your mention of not hearing about it is exactly what we have been saying for years...The media's agenda is to only show the Reps in negative light. You heard very very little about Feinstein stepping down. This would have been way different if a Rep was caught doing it.

Also, the media gives us non-stories about Plame and the AG firings but nothing about one of their own lining her pockets with millions and millions of dollars. So much for doing the right thing. The only thing the Dems have not lied about was going behind W's back and trying to legislate defeat in Iraq.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I investigated your source. Metronews. An ultra-right wing
rag out of California! I'm shocked! Say it ain't so, Eg!

eg8r
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I investigated your source. Metronews. An ultra-right wing
rag out of California! I'm shocked! Say it ain't so, Eg! <hr /></blockquote> So all of your precious investigating only went so far as to figure out who the source was? Seems to be a bit of foolish use of your time but who am I to point out the obvious. Don't bother yourself with the actual subject matter, you just be the tough guy and shoot the messenger.

Who in their right mind would believe an ultra-left wing rag would publish this type of damaging information. LOL, when was the last time you saw the left publishing negative media about themselves. Thanks for wasting your time.

eg8r

eg8r
05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You miss the point. <hr /></blockquote> I guess you have already met Q. Missing the point is about all his posts are good for.

eg8r

Qtec
05-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Neither of you know anything about this that doesn't come straight from Fox, Rush or Drudge.
What about this.

[ QUOTE ]
Insider Information

The tale thickens with the appearance of Michael R. Klein, a top legal adviser to Feinstein and a long-time business partner of Blum's. The vice-chairman of Perini's board of directors, Klein was a partner in Wilmer, Cutler &amp; Pickering, a powerful law firm with close ties to the Democratic Party, for nearly 30 years. Klein and Blum co-own ASTAR Air Cargo, which has military contracts in Iraq and at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Klein also sits on the board of SRA International, a large defense contractor.

In an interview with this reporter in September, Klein stated that, beginning in 1997, he routinely informed Feinstein about specific federal projects coming before her in which Perini had a stake. The insider information, Klein said, was intended to help the senator avoid conflicts of interest. Although Klein's startling admission was intended to defuse the issue of Feinstein's conflict of interest, it had the effect of exacerbating it.

Klein said that he regularly gave Feinstein's chief of staff, Mark Kadesh, lists of Perini's current and upcoming contractual interests in federal legislation, so that the senator would not discuss, debate, vote on or participate in matters that could affect projects in which Perini was concerned. "Earmarks, you know, set asides, you name it, there was a system in place which on a regular basis I got notified, I notified her office and her office notified her," Klein said.

"We basically identified any bid that Perini was going for and checked to see whether it was the subject of already appropriated funds or funds yet to be appropriated, and if it was anything that the senator could not act on, her office was alerted and she did not act on it."

This is an extraordinary thing for Klein and the senator to do, since the detailed project proposals that the Pentagon sent to Feinstein's subcommittee for review do not usually name the firms already contracted to perform specific projects. Nor do defense officials typically identify, in MILCON hearings, which military construction contractors are eligible to bid on upcoming work.

In theory, Feinstein would not know the identity of any of the companies that stood to contractually benefit from her approval of specific items in the military construction budget--until Klein told her. <hr /></blockquote>

Or her HUSBAND could have told her!!!!!!
It seems she did everything ahe could to avoid a CoI, but at the the very least, what she did was out in the open and not sneaky like Calvert or the other Reps. The original article offered no proof of any wrongdoing by F and if you had read my link you would already know this.

Q

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Tap Tap Tap....

[ QUOTE ]

Neither of you know anything about this that doesn't come straight from Fox, Rush or Drudge.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hard to imagine, people, (28% of them, lol) relying on such ignorant pundits for their proof of what the hell is happening in the world, isn't it? but you got it right, they only listen to the same jerks who assisted Bush in his assault against America. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif and their posts, prove at so clearly.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This post only serves to show your ignnorance!

TYou obviously havn't a clue about whats going on.!

Do I have to show A vid showing USZ GIs being used for target practice?

Al..........LETS GET REAL
<hr /></blockquote>

Not to mention, he apparently doesn't know that there are presently on-going Senate investigations into the corruption and war profiteering going on in Iraq.

What a completely uninformed bunch...already made up their minds, facts are the enemy of the right. Some things never change. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Let me get this straight. Feinstein's rich husband's long time business partner, who is vice-chair of the board of the defense contractor and a trial lawyer with ties to the Democratic Party for 30 years is who we are supposed to believe? Rich Dem's would never help other rich Dem's make more money.....

How about this version:

Insider Information

The tale thickens with the appearance of <font color="blue"> Joe Conservative </font color> , a top legal adviser to <font color="blue"> Cheney </font color> and a long-time business partner of <font color="blue"> Cheney's rich wife </font color> . The vice-chairman of <font color="blue"> Halliburton's </font color> board of directors, <font color="blue"> Joe Conservative </font color> was a partner in Wilmer, Cutler &amp; Pickering, a powerful law firm with close ties to the <font color="blue"> Republican </font color> Party, for nearly 30 years. <font color="blue"> Joe Republican </font color> and <font color="blue"> Cheney's rich wife <font color="blue"> </font color> </font color> co-own ASTAR Air Cargo, which has military contracts in Iraq and at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. <font color="blue"> Joe Republican </font color> also sits on the board of SRA International, a large defense contractor.

<font color="blue"> And Joe Republican say's there is no chance of any wrong doing.......I'm sure you would believe that.....</font color>

Drop1
05-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Wow!!!you thought of that all by yourself? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bobbyrx
05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Yea, I was inspired by that brilliant quote "he died"

Drop1
05-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Yep,quick,and to the point.I can understand why you would be inspired.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah Drop, I was damned inspired by your quote..."He died"...too, but I just couldn't understand why you didn't say, "WHOOPIE... HE DIED!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif