PDA

View Full Version : Regular tips vs. Phenolic tips

underdog
05-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I can jump the ball pretty well with a phenolic tip but can't jump a dime with my new Lucasi jump/break with a regular tip. My cue with a phenolic tip is a Cuetec jump/break. Is it just my lack of stroke or what? The pro at my poolhall can jump a full ball from almost 9 feet away and draw it back the length of the table, (I've seen it) so I'm pretty sure it's not the cue's fault. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Snapshot9
05-13-2007, 07:17 AM
A jump with a leather tip is a 'heavier' hit than with a phenolic tip, and usually an increase angle on the cue ball some, since leather tips do NOT lift as well as a phenolic tip. The new X-Jumper offers both control and excellent lift with it's new X2 tip, and is the best, IMHO.

dr_dave
05-13-2007, 08:19 AM
There's lots of good advice and instruction under "jump shot" here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/threads.html).

Regards,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote underdog:</font><hr> I can jump the ball pretty well with a phenolic tip but can't jump a dime with my new Lucasi jump/break with a regular tip. My cue with a phenolic tip is a Cuetec jump/break. Is it just my lack of stroke or what? The pro at my poolhall can jump a full ball from almost 9 feet away and draw it back the length of the table, (I've seen it) so I'm pretty sure it's not the cue's fault. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>