PDA

View Full Version : Antique Brunswick table

evilteletuby
05-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I have an antique Brunswick Madison pool table from around 1920. I got this table for free but it came without rail skirts. I need to find the dimensions of the skirts so I can finish restoring the table. If anyone has a table like this or knows where I can find information that would be great. Thanks

ceebee
05-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I have owned 2 different Brunswick Antique Pool Tables.

If I were you, I would fabricate each skirt, to fit a specific rail (steel stamp the rail & skirt).

The first thing to do is plane the skirt thickness to fit into the groove on the rail.

Then you fabricate & attach a 1 x ? (? = width required to fit underneath the rail. This bottom skirt board should be the matching length of the correlating rail & have 2 or 3 holes located to match skirt attach holes. Make it about 5/8 inch thick. Glue these two boards together & you a have Blind Skirt for a rail.

bsmutz
05-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Ceebee's suggestion may be the best way to go. I have one at home that I can measure for you tonight to get you in the ballpark if you'd like. PM me or reply here.

ceebee
05-16-2007, 10:52 AM
here is a good website to look at for understanding Pool Table Rail construction.
http://www.bestbilliard.com/resources/buildtable/Rails.cfm