PDA

View Full Version : Calvert must go.

Qtec
05-14-2007, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Readers,

The House Republican Leadership just does not get it and they will not take us seriously until we flex our muscle against them. We must fight the House GOP and we must fight today.

Today, I declare war on the Republican Leadership of the United States House of Representatives. We must scalp one member. That member's name is Ken Calvert.

When John Doolittle had to step down from the House Appropriations Committee because of a corruption investigation, the House GOP gave the nod to Calvert.

In 2005, Calvert and a partner paid $550,000 for 4.3 acres of land. Calvert then used his earmarking powers to secure $8 million in funds for an interstate exchange on the property. He then sold the property for about $1 million.

Also in 2005, a business partner of Calvert's bought additional land that Calvert's earmarks benefited. When the property was sold, a firm financially connected to Calvert received a commission for the sale.

In 2006, Calvert engaged in other shady land deals. The list goes on.

I won't even go in to his arrest for soliciting a prostitute.

This is the man House Republicans chose to replace John Doolittle. They just don't get it. So now I declare war. Who is with me? <hr /></blockquote>

Are you with me? J/J /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I couldn't care less but replacing one crook with another seems pointless to me and just shows how out of touch the WH is with the people. They voted for less corruption not more!

Q..........surely this can not be defended?

Gayle in MD
05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh, but I'm sure our little band of righties would defend it, as long as it's a Republican. They think that John Dean, the only top White House official who told the truth in the Watergate investigation, should have lied, to keep their unbalanced Crook President from having to resign...

They think it's fine that Bush lied us into this war.

And, did you notice, not one of them posted to Dags, who is actually fighting this war, about this F-ed up administration beating our people down in the ground, and sending him back AGAIN, after he re-upped, and was promised a different assignment. Not one single one of them even said, gee, Sorry Dags, be safe, ...not one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

reggie182
05-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Dean testified to save his hide.

Hey guys, check out my Amnesty board, it's great! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
05-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Again, and for the last time, there is no proff of that, and there was no deal. Dean raised his hand and took an oath, and told the truth. Obviously, your heros, are those who lied. Yet another example of how the right moves their line around regarding lies, in order to protect their Republican crooks, like Nixon, even if the truth teller himself, is a Republican, and then you follow up such partisan behavior by calling calling me, partisan. Amazing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Get a grip!