PDA

View Full Version : Goodling's Religious Wrath = Corrupts D.O.J.

Gayle in MD
05-14-2007, 08:30 AM
As the Religious right continues to corrupt Government and the Constitution, we have Romney, making the address at the scene of the crime, none other than Regent University, where future law makers are taught to infiltrate our government with their religious beliefs, and promote their fascist religious take over in a country where we have been assured Separation Of Church And State. Right when I thought no new Republican scandal could top outing a Non Official Cover C.I.A. Agent, working to uncover WMD's, outrageous lies which led America into this illegal immoral war, unprecedented incompetence, and a non-responsive Federal Emergency Response System, along comes the Pat Robinson University, and their Republican take over of the Department Of Justice, with Goodling in the lead, doing Karl Rove's dirty work. Of course, this administration never has to answer to anything, since everything is under investigation, as Gonzales put it, over and over in his refusal to answer questions about the corruption he lead in the Department of Justice.

Atleast, as I understand this article, her immunity is limited, which I hope will land her right in a jail cell.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/12/washington/12monica.html?ref=todayspaper

BRussell
05-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I, for one, welcome our new 23-year-old born-again overlords.

nAz
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
"Which is fine, except that whenever there's a Bush Administration scandal, it always traces back to some incompetent political hack appointment, and you think to yourself, where are they getting these screw-ups from? Well, now we know. From Pat Robertson. I'm not kidding.

Take Monica Goodling, who, before she resigned last week, because she's smack in the middle of the U.S. Attorneys scandal, was the third-ranking official in the Justice Department of the United States. She's 33 years old. And though she never even worked as a prosecutor, she was tasked with overseeing the job performance of all 93 U.S. Attorneys.

How do you get to the top that fast? Harvard? Princeton? No, Goodling did her undergraduate work at Messiah College. You know, Messiah, home of the Fighting Christ-ies? And then went on to attend Pat Robertson's law school. Yes, Pat Robertson, the man who said that the presence of gay people at Disney World would cause earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor, has a law school.

And what kid wouldn't want to attend? It's three years, and you only have to read one book. U.S. News & World Report, which does the definitive ranking of colleges, lists Regent as a Tier Four school, which is the lowest score it gives. It's not a hard school to get into. You have to renounce Satan and draw a pirate on a matchbook.

This is for people who couldn't get into the University of Phoenix.

Now, would you care to guess how many graduates of this televangelist's diploma mill work in the Bush Administration? 150. And you wonder why things are so messed up. We're talking about a top Justice Department official who went to a college funded by a TV host. Would you send your daughter to Maury Povich U.? And if you did, would you expect her to get a job at the White House?

In 200 years, we've gone from "We, the people," to "Up With People." From "the best and the brightest" to "dumb and dumber." And where better to find people dumb enough to believe in George Bush than Pat Robertson's law school?

The problem here in America isn't that the country is being run by "elites." It's that it's being run by a bunch of hayseeds. And, by the way, the lawyer Monica Goodling just hired to keep her a$$ out of jail, went to a real law school."

BRussell
05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
These are the same people who ran Iraq in the immediate aftermath of the invasion. If they can't bring about armageddon, no one can.

Drop1
05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
You better start welcoming your Chinese overlords

Drop1
05-14-2007, 08:55 PM
So,Pudgy Pat has a law school,ha ha ha how many gum wrappers does it take to be admitted? "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities,has the power to make you commit injustices,'-Voltaire

DickLeonard
05-15-2007, 06:54 AM
BRussell they were in charge of the 11 billion that had magically disappeared. Could there be free tution for years to come?####

Bobbyrx
05-15-2007, 08:57 AM
"we have been assured Separation Of Church And State"
<font color="blue">What part of the constitution is this in?? </font color>

moblsv
05-15-2007, 11:30 AM
The intent behind the phrase

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Article VI)

can be gleened from the ratification debates. Interesting how the framers were denounced for their secularist document even back then. Good thing the Juducial Branch has (or had) developed as an equal branch to protect us from the tyranny of this majority.

Bobbyrx
05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> The intent behind the phrase <font color="blue">is the debatable part </font color>

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Article VI) <font color="blue">There IS no religious test for any public office, however if one wants to comment on their religion, which members of both parties do, then they have every right to do so. And there is no government sponsored church that I am aware of, so what's the problem? </font color>

Drop1
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM
You will not find it in the Constitution. Prove the intent of the Founding Fathers' was for the Church,and the State to be one in the same. Start with Jefferson's letter,and go right on to John Adams,and the other sighners of the Constitution. It really is a simple fact that most people came to America to escape religious persucution,not to establish a religious state;many have tried to make it other wise,as in "God We Trust," on the penny in 1862,or "One Nation Under God" I suppose that would be the same God of Abraham,the Christians,and the Muslums,or is God now a Republican.

BRussell
05-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Would putting George W. Bush's likeness on our money violate the separation of church and state? I ask because he is, as we all know, the messiah.

Drop1
05-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I wish I could respond with humor to your post,but the enormity of this Presidents incompetence and lack of ethics in his advisors prevents me from doing so. He has brought a great nation into darkness.

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 07:09 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ms. Goodling worked less than a year at the executive office, then moved to the attorney general’s office, where she became the White House liaison and collected a $133,000 annual salary, according to federal records. She insisted that she retain her power to review hiring of assistant United States attorneys, two department employees said.

Her mandate over hiring expanded significantly in March 2006, when Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales signed a confidential memorandum delegating to her and D. Kyle Sampson, his former chief of staff, the power to appoint or fire all department political appointees other than the United States attorneys. That included interim United States attorneys and heads of the divisions that handle civil rights, public corruption, environmental crimes and other matters.

At the same time, Ms. Goodling, Mr. Sampson and Mr. Nowacki, according to e-mail released to Congressional investigators, were helping prepare the final list of United States attorneys to be dismissed. Ms. Goodling was also calling around the country trying to identify up-and-coming lawyers — and good Republicans — who could replace them, said one Justice Department official who received such a call.

Mr. Comey said that if the accusations about Ms. Goodling’s partisan actions were true, the damage was deep and real.

“I don’t know how you would put that genie back in the bottle, if people started to believe we were hiring our A.U.S.A.s (Assistant United States Attorneys) for political reasons,” he said at a House hearing this month. “I don’t know that there’s any window you can go to to get the department’s reputation back if that kind of stuff is going on.”

<hr /></blockquote>

The problem is Goodling loading the Department of Justice, which is supposed to be a completely non partisan department, with 150 of her religious Republican classmates, and asking questions of the applicants such as have you ever cheated on your wife, and culling out Democratic contenders for the same positions.

You go right ahead with your usual points which are not at all formidable, and question facts which are indisputable, such as the intended separation of Church and State, the illegal process of loading the Justice Department with fanatical religious Bushies, and denying the illegality, of the corruption of the United States Justice Department, led by Karl Rove, gonzales, Goodling and other loyal Bushies, tell yourself we're winning in Iraq, and that Bush is a good president, and the republican controlled congress, did a good job, just don't expect resonable people to agree with you.

There is no mention of God, in the Constitution Of The United States Of America. We are not a theocracy, regardless of how many varried ways that the nutty right wing Republican Party tries to turn us into one. Loading our government with a bunch of nutty right wing religious fanatics is exactly why our government is broken.

Launching a war after a long talk with God, instead of listening to the realities being cautioned by C.I.A., and other foreign Middle East experts, is one of the disasterous results, not that someone like you would notice such a minor little detail. Your game is to split hairs about accepted facts. What a complete bore! Reminds me of some who deny our Democracy. There's just no limit to the denial of factual information promoted by the right. It's a Republican thing. Muddy up the waters and hope to keep them that way long enough to pull off a hoax on Americans.

We are a Republic, founded on the ideals of democracy, and founded on the principle of the Separation Of Church And State. You're little rants of hair splitting facts, are a waste of time. Go read some history books.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 07:50 AM
LOL, I recognize the text, from oen of our more brillian political pundits, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif...

Reasonable people already see through this scandal to Karl Rove's obvious intention of using the Department Of Justice as a political tool to slander Democrats, with ludicrous charges, filed by loyal Bushies, at the optimum moment, in the regions where Republican wins were threatened by a Democratic contender, in order to revive his corrupt Republican Party from their piss poor performance, and reputation of law breaking and incompetence. Pretty simple, IMO, and for most reasonable Americans. Too bad we have to draw a damn picture for the nutty 28%, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifbefore they can ever understand the implications of their party's illegal activities, but they are experts at re-arranging the facts, in their on-going state of denial... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bobbyrx
05-16-2007, 11:50 AM
quote "It really is a simple fact that most people came to America to escape religious persucution,not to establish a religious state"

Where has anyone tried to establish a religious state and when has the government (I assume you are talking about this administration) persecuted anyone based on their religion. I have seen where some left wingers have gone after Romney based on his religion.

Drop1
05-16-2007, 08:13 PM
You are an idiot,with no knowledge of Church history in the U.S. Which left wingers, name names,give your sources,where did you see some left wingers have gone after Romney based on his religion.

eg8r
05-16-2007, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot, <hr /></blockquote> You have such a way with words.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
eg8r

Drop1
05-16-2007, 09:52 PM
See,here is the proplem,Romney being a Mormon,as a negative was first brought up by his Republican opponents. [Source {Sullivan article in the Atlantic Monthly] All the other articles I have read,indicate he would make a good candidate for the office,and give the Dems a run for their money. Fake news,is all over the place,an example, George W Bush declares his "Faith" supercedes his loyalty to United States:alleged souce :Republican National Party' web page. I think to much is being twisted by idiots. People keep saying the Constitution says nothing about seperation of Church,and State,well it also says nothing about rights to a fair trial. But I do believe the Founding Fathers would favor a fair trial over an unfair trial.

Bobbyrx
05-16-2007, 11:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> You are an idiot, <font color="blue"> gosh thanks, particularly coming from you </font color> with no knowledge of Church history in the U.S. <font color="blue"> what in particular are you talking about </font color> Which left wingers, name names,give your sources,where did you see some left wingers have gone after Romney based on his religion. <font color="blue"> See if you recognize this one " The Mormons, have in their history, polygamy, which continues to this day, sexual abuse of women and children, sexual slavery, and gross discrimination against women, and little girls, to support their disgusting sexual perversions...... No Morman will ever reside in the White House" hint hint...I didn't have to go far to get it /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I have Mormons in my family.Gee thanks for the warning,I guess we had better watch the grandkids. I also have Catholics,and I was baptised a Baptist. It is true,that a tiny group of Mormons practice polygamy,and some priests abuse children,and some Baptists eyeball their cousins. What is the name of the person,who said,"No Mormon will ever reside in the "White House"? Where,and when was that statement made.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Dear Drop...It was I, but it was my own prediction, not the overall view of the left. As you can see, we have a poster who leans toward the overstated, and suffers from delusions, tends to create his own subjective reality, and is critical of people who get their information from C-Span, as in live coverage of the Congress, the Senate, and the many revealing committee hearings. He is basically a happy googler, adept at pecking out irrelevant points, to make his pointless, devoid of fact, statements.

We all know that we are supposed to have freedom to worship, or not worship, in this country, and that the framers intended separation of church and state. The only ones who want to argue about it, are people who wish to dictate their religious dogma, through the passage of laws, based on their personal religious views, upon all the rest of us. Hence, we have come to the point where twits like Monica Goodling, hire government employees, according to their religious history, and by asking questions about their private sexual lives, corrupting our Department Of Justice, for political and religious purposes, and in an effort to use the DOJ, as a political tool against the opposing party.

Sad state of affairs.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
05-17-2007, 11:56 PM
XOXOXO Gayle,you have the courage to step forward,and be honest. We agree on many things,and what we don't agree on does not lesson my high regard for you as a valiant patriot,and promotor of human worth,worthy of the respect of every American,including your detractors.LOL Stephen Gray

Bobbyrx
05-18-2007, 05:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> XOXOXO Gayle,you have the courage to step forward,and be honest. <font color="blue"> "The Mormons, have in their history, polygamy, which continues to this day, sexual abuse of women and children, sexual slavery, and gross discrimination against women, and little girls, to support their disgusting sexual perversions...... No Morman will ever reside in the White House" </font color> We agree on many things,and what we don't agree on does not lesson my high regard for you as a valiant patriot,and promotor of human worth,worthy of the respect of every American,including your detractors.LOL Stephen Gray <hr /></blockquote>
Amazing......you don't agree with me so I'm an idiot but someone says something like that about Mormon's, who you say you have in your family and you're outraged......until you find out who said it, then it's awwwwwwww it's no big deal.................typical

Gayle in MD
05-18-2007, 06:07 PM
XOXOXO...thank you Drop, and ditto. I enjoy debating with you, and respect your opinions, also. As you see, we have another little Ed around here, whose posts are full of ****.

Bobbyrx
05-18-2007, 06:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> XOXOXO...thank you Drop, and ditto. I enjoy debating with you, and respect your opinions, also. As you see, we have another little Ed around here, whose posts are full of <font color="blue"> facts </font color> . <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
05-18-2007, 11:54 PM
I was not outraged that someone said some thing about the Mormons, I wanted you to say who was your source for the statement. So don't get your shorts in a knot. She stepped forward and said,"It was I". Read the posts,or have someone explain them to you. But as long as you don't say "who,where,and when,you have no credibility. You asked me to refrence efforts in American history,where attempts were made to inject religion into government. Sorry,but I don't have time to educate you on facts you can google,which seems to be your style. Gayle knows,I see women as sex objects,we don't agree on immigration,I could go on with our little history,but the bottom line is,she has courage,and people like you do not. You have opinions,and she has facts,and even when I don't like her facts,she will always give sources,not like your pathetic ultra left wing B-Sht in your first post,on this subject.

Gayle in MD
05-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Dick,
If you saw the hearings on Wednesday, Goodling not only proved that both Gonazles and the Deputy Attorney General lied, but admitted to crossing the legal line in her hiring methods. It was quite interesting. Regardless of her lawlessness, she atleast had the courage to admit to her illegal activities, although she wouldn't say in words that she broke the law, preferring to use the term, "Crossed the Line" the line, was, in fact, the law.

I wonder if the other 150 people from Regent University who hold political appointed positions in our government, are "Crossing the line" in the interest of turning our country into a Monarchial Bushie theocracy. It is against the law to ask potential civil servants about their political leanings, religious beliefs, or to take into consideration their personal family or private life.

Gayle in Md.