PDA

View Full Version : Not Seeing Shot Correctly

mabbate3850
05-14-2007, 03:14 PM
When I look down the line of aim on a long shot I dont see the line of aim correctly. If I line up the cue ball on the head spot and shot directly into the second diamond on the short rail to practice a good stroke so that the cueball will return to almost where it started. When I'm looking down the line of aim I see that I am aiming into the second diamond. But when I hold the stick in the same place and stand up I see that I was not aiming perfectly. It's like my eyes are wrong or alignment or something. Does anybody know how to correct this?

jt10ball
05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
You are not alone, most pool players are like this. I just wish they knew it. your problem is very common and it is what lead to 2 of my training aids, the 3rd Eye Stroke Trainer and a new laser trainer. You can check out both videos for free on my website joetucker.net and feel free to write with any questions.

bradb
05-14-2007, 06:47 PM
I think its probably your stance. Its everything in pool. Your body must be aligned or your aim will be off. Get a good experienced player or an instructor to check out your body position, you will be surprised at how much difference a slight adjustment can make. Forget videos you really need someone to see your particular stance and style. I floundered around for years then one day a top player came over and pointed something out I could'nt see. it took a while to break the old habit but when the balls started falling It was worth it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
05-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm certainly no real reference here, but I agree with this analysis. One shot you can practice is the Kinnister #1 shot, in it's purity. That will iron out lots of imperfection in stance and accuracy. jm2c sid

Btw, I also suck these days with long shots, so this has been a nice refresher, that is if I get unlazy and work a little. Pool-life in general has no sparkle for me right now, especially the aspect of WORK! sv

cushioncrawler
05-14-2007, 08:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mabbate3850:</font><hr> When I look down the line of aim on a long shot I dont see the line of aim correctly. If I line up the cue ball on the head spot and shot directly into the second diamond on the short rail to practice a good stroke so that the cueball will return to almost where it started. When I'm looking down the line of aim I see that I am aiming into the second diamond. But when I hold the stick in the same place and stand up I see that I was not aiming perfectly. It's like my eyes are wrong or alignment or something. Does anybody know how to correct this? <hr /></blockquote>U will find that u are allso aiming (and probably hitting) off center on the qball. Uzing a longer bridge can help a bit. Best solution -- get a bent cue. A bend about 12" to 18" from the tip might be best. Funny thing, the bend can help either way, ie to the left AND to the right. See which iz best for u overall -- ie duz a left-bend bring the qball back with zero sidespin (talking about a screw shot here). If the cue haz too much bend, then hold it so that the bend is partly down or up -- down would help screw-shots a bit.

Over the years the eyes (and cueing action) will change, so the size of the best bend might change allso.

If u uze a Vee bridge, then a cue with a conical taper can help u. Here (with a conical taper) u would havta lean the Vee over, like i do. Leaning the Vee over iz eezy in one direction (the one i uze), but it would be difficult (mightbe impossible) to lean the Vee the other way (difficult to explain this). In fact i uze a conical taper plus a slight bend. madMac.

Snapshot9
05-15-2007, 02:16 AM
It could be one of the things listed above, or it could be that you have developed astigmatism. How long since you went to the eye doctor? I have gone through 8 appointments in recent months in converting from hard contacts to soft ones, I have extremely bad eyes with corneal scarring and astigmatism front and back of my eyes. I did not realize what bad shape I was in before.

My game has gone up with the new soft lenses (they correct astigmatism too), but before we got the right prescription for me, some trial lenses had me aiming about 1/4" off from where I needed to be. It only affected 2 types shots, but was driving me crazy. Now, everything is hunky dorey.

marek
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Joe!
I really expected your presence on this topic... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will send you an email about my progress.
To mabbate3850: I would really take the advice of jt10ball and check those videos, you may find them really interesting. I have 3rd Eye Stroke Trainer myself and it helped me tremendously! Check those videos and decide yourself.

Cydpkt
05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Don't forget that you could also be slightly rotating your wrist when stroking. I have several people who tilt their head when they get down on a shot. Have someone watch a couple of games to make sure your wrist, head and are stable when shooting. I am just throwing out a couple of other suggestions that it could be other than your eyes.

bradb
05-15-2007, 10:29 AM
-----Quote:( When I'm looking down the line of aim I see that I am aiming into the second diamond. But when I hold the stick in the same place and stand up I see that I was not aiming perfectly.)----

Once again I must stress the need for someone to analyze your stance which in turn effects your sighting. Every reply on here has merit, (don't know about that bent cue?) but only a experienced observer can see your whole shot.

If anyone is not progressing after years of play then they have a problem in their basics: for instance... if you continually miss long shots then your follow through is not accurate, you may get away with it on short shots but it shows up on distance, so fix the problem by adjustment to your stance/stroke. This isn't rocket science, its fundamentals. Trust me, been there done that.

dr_dave
05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Here's an easy and free way to check visual alignment: Place the cue stick at cue-ball address in your elevated stance (so you can clearly see center-ball alignment), then get down into your stance, without moving the stick. Alternatively, have a friend position (and hold) the stick for you, with center-ball alignment, after you are down in your stance. Then move your head left and right to see how the perceived alignment and aim changes with head position. You might be able to find a head position that gives you more accurate alignment perception.

For more info, you might want to check out the "dominant eye" and "depth perception" links under "aiming" here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/threads.html).

Regards,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mabbate3850:</font><hr> When I look down the line of aim on a long shot I dont see the line of aim correctly. If I line up the cue ball on the head spot and shot directly into the second diamond on the short rail to practice a good stroke so that the cueball will return to almost where it started. When I'm looking down the line of aim I see that I am aiming into the second diamond. But when I hold the stick in the same place and stand up I see that I was not aiming perfectly. It's like my eyes are wrong or alignment or something. Does anybody know how to correct this? <hr /></blockquote>

KellyStick
05-15-2007, 11:34 AM
I suspect you probably have some degree of mis aim on most shots you just don't see it as easily as a straight shot. What I see with others that have this trouble is most often they simply don't have their dominant eye over the stick. Some learn to compensate but I think solving that problem would be better. As others have said this can be a symptom of stance and how you hold your head.

Bend your knees, get low, tilt your head back, look down the shaft like you're firing a rifle. Mentally extend out your stick in a straight line through the ball. Think a bit about getting your dominant eye over the stick. Maybe you could look in a mirror. Or lay the stick down and see where it's pointing until you get it. I see so many players struggle with this for years literally. Like I say what I see most often is people don't want to get down far enough to get over their stick (chin might be on the stick or very close). Don't tilt the head to the side, head back. Some people claim they cannot bend enough. Maybe do some yoga. Anyway my two cents.

If you have dominant eye right but shoot left handed as some players do you may have special problems. I have a friend that does pretty well with that but he has to stand and hold his head differently than I do to get his dominant eye over the stick.

Probably having someone watch while you aim could help since you can't see where your head is. Assuming they know what to look for. Some people tilt their head sideways which is painful for me to watch. You can stand all crooked and on one foot if you get your eye in the right spot. Not reccommended. In fact sometimes you have to stand a bit crookedy...

bradb
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Good reply Kelly and Dr Dave. For years I was holding my head to one side to compensate for my stigmatism. Over time it effects your alinement to the point that when an unusual shots come up you can't find the line. Its very hard to correct this but it can be done. After i straitened my head I was forced to move my bridge over and so on till I completely revised my stance, I made a vast improvement but it took time.
I played with a pro player so that's how I got my advise. But if it costs you 100 bucks its money well spent.

cushioncrawler
05-15-2007, 05:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> It could be one of the things listed above, or it could be that you have developed astigmatism. How long since you went to the eye doctor? I have gone through 8 appointments in recent months in converting from hard contacts to soft ones, I have extremely bad eyes with corneal scarring and astigmatism front and back of my eyes. I did not realize what bad shape I was in before. My game has gone up with the new soft lenses (they correct astigmatism too), but before we got the right prescription for me, some trial lenses had me aiming about 1/4" off from where I needed to be. It only affected 2 types shots, but was driving me crazy. Now, everything is hunky dorey. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Snapshot -- I must admit that, with all due respekt to all, i dont agree with most of the postings here (and in previous similar threads) about sighting-alignment-error, ie that it is due to standing badly or somesuchthing. But, i must admit that there is a slight possibility that mooving the eyes over, or around (side-onish), might help a little -- but, me, i karnt do that, my brain hurts.

If i am wrong, and if everyone else here is correct, then why is it that every snooker player that i have ever tested (except one) had a sighting error. None aimed (aligned) the cue and qtip as if to hit the center of the qball, none aimed (aligned) the cue along the intended qball target line. Here a 1mm aim error on the qball is eezy to see, for a bystander (me), me being carefull to look at it with one eye closed, and from front and from back, etc, to try to minimize my own prejudices -- but sometimes the aim woz 2mm or more off. And, the aim-error at the OB, about 2m away from the qball, is uzually about a 1/4 ball off-line, and in some cases as much as a 1/2 ball off.

In the tests, the players uzually potted the OB ok (into a corner pocket on a 12' table), but the qball rarely followed throo directly so as to enter the pocket allso. It iz a case of 3 or 4 wrongs making a right -- alltho, no amount of wrongs can make the qball follow-throo dead on line, a dead give-away that aim-sighting is awry. But, if sighting iz awry for 19 out of 20 players, then can u call it "awry" -- it iznt awry, sighting-error iz in fact "normal" -- and having other guys running around trying to "fix it" iz doing everyone harm not good.

Now, i guess that the brain (eyes) duz learn over time (slowly) -- it can learn good things and it can learn bad things. Playing and praktising etc will i guess help, slowly. And, perhaps the 3rd eye gizmo and lazers etc help allso (less slowly perhaps). But, i still say, 19 out of 20 players shood be uzing a bent cue. madMac.

KellyStick
05-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Old Hand, I think you are comparing Experts to Novices or at least something less than experts. There are people who are simply natural at some sport. They perform that sport their way and are experts. Some are "technically" correct and others violate ALL the rules or re-write the rule... Others just violate some of "the rules" and still perform expertly some or most of the time. Don't confuse what expert 12' table snooker players do with the average joe. Us average to above average to expert could wanna bes can't just have all sorts of error that natural talent takes care of. It's like if you coach someone. You have to coach at that persons level. And if you go beyond that you have to be able to communicate in a way that is useful to the player. Your advice is that everyone has error and that it works awesome for some people (Experts). BUt how does that help people who are struggling and are not expert 12' long snooker table players?? The point is we need some basics to try to help people if possible. I agree there is no definitive right or wrong. I know a couple deadly players who sight the cb dead center of their head. They look down the shaft with their nose centered on it and shoot lights out!

I play on an APA league and none of us are experts. I have played snooker on a 12' table and have a clue what that means. However, most of my team has no clue and we are just trying to have fun, improve our game and win as much as possible. So, advice and such needs to be geared for all sorts. Hate to say it but your advice is that there is no advice unless you are an expert in which case you don't really need advice.

cushioncrawler
05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote KellyStick:</font><hr> Old Hand, I think you are comparing Experts to Novices or at least something less than experts. There are people who are simply natural at some sport. They perform that sport their way and are experts. Some are "technically" correct and others violate ALL the rules or re-write the rule... Others just violate some of "the rules" and still perform expertly some or most of the time. Don't confuse what expert 12' table snooker players do with the average joe. Us average to above average to expert could wanna bes can't just have all sorts of error that natural talent takes care of. It's like if you coach someone. You have to coach at that persons level. And if you go beyond that you have to be able to communicate in a way that is useful to the player. Your advice is that everyone has error and that it works awesome for some people (Experts). BUt how does that help people who are struggling and are not expert 12' long snooker table players?? The point is we need some basics to try to help people if possible. I agree there is no definitive right or wrong. I know a couple deadly players who sight the cb dead center of their head. They look down the shaft with their nose centered on it and shoot lights out!

I play on an APA league and none of us are experts. I have played snooker on a 12' table and have a clue what that means. However, most of my team has no clue and we are just trying to have fun, improve our game and win as much as possible. So, advice and such needs to be geared for all sorts. Hate to say it but your advice is that there is no advice unless you are an expert in which case you don't really need advice. <hr /></blockquote>Kelly -- I reckon that a bent cue would help novices and experts. Perhaps it might be possible to get a tyro to re-pozition their head (eyes), and thusly see straighter, without getting a headache, and perhaps get their pool etc to a higher level quicker. I dont beleev it.

I reckon that all tyros havta hit a lot of balls before they get a consistent action etc. But, i reckon that all tyros have a reasonably consistent eye-aim from very early on, albeit with a little or a lot of aim-error. A bent cue will help heaps here, and everywhere.

Funny thing. I checked a mate's aim last week. He had just bort a new secondhand cue for $100, and woz having a little bit of trouble with snooker. I had a look, the cue had a bend to the left. This "bend to the left" bizness might sound funny, but most snooker players i think hold the ash cue with the main "arrows" on top and pointing away, hence an ash snooker cue haz a left and a right

I checked his aim etc. He woz aiming nearnuff center on the qball, but over 1/4 ball to the right on the OB (when trying to aim fullball). And, az might be expected, hiz backswing and forewardswing were very inconsistent, no confidence at all, especially with the pressure of having me checking him out from every angle. He told me that he is not dominant in any eye -- that he is eye-neutral -- hence he couldnt understand why he couldnt aim straight etc. Looks like he is not one of the "19 in 20" that would benefit from a bent cue. I advised him to hold the cue with the bend down, actually down plus a little bit to the right. Havnt seen him since -- i will be interested to see how he is going. madMac.

bradb
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm a believer of the bent que technique, After I discovered my sighting problem and corrected my stance I still found I was missing because of the stigmatism so a pro told me about getting a bent cue. I searched around but could'nt find one bent to 4.76.12 degreeze which is what my optomologist told me was my pupil disalignment. So I had my bother in-law (who is an engineer) calibrate the bend and what amount of weight to place on it to meet the specs. I placed it in water then bent it over a gap with the weight as he suggested and "Walla" it was bang on!

My game improved considerably, and I deffinately recommend it.

One nice advantage to the bent cue is you can have a bit more tip on the q-ball if you are shooting over another ball (chineses hook!) I call this the "Periscope Shot." Theres also the "Around the corner shot"

Hope this has been of some help, Brad
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KellyStick
05-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I WOULDA never thunk this was real. Hmmm...??

cushioncrawler
05-16-2007, 10:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> I'm a believer of the bent que technique, After I discovered my sighting problem and corrected my stance I still found I was missing because of the stigmatism so a pro told me about getting a bent cue. I searched around but could'nt find one bent to 4.76.12 degreeze which is what my optomologist told me was my pupil disalignment. So I had my bother in-law (who is an engineer) calibrate the bend and what amount of weight to place on it to meet the specs. I placed it in water then bent it over a gap with the weight as he suggested and "Walla" it was bang on! My game improved considerably, and I deffinately recommend it. One nice advantage to the bent cue is you can have a bit more tip on the q-ball if you are shooting over another ball (chineses hook!) I call this the "Periscope Shot." Theres also the "Around the corner shot". Hope this has been of some help, Brad /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hmmmm -- That pro must be a "fart-smeller", az we say down here. When i bent my cues they kept straightening up, but i found one that kept much of its bend and i uze this for all of my billiards and snooker. I guess that if one had the luxury of trying different sized bends, then one could decide on the best bend, rather than working out some sort of theoretical target that might or mightent be best.

I found that holding the bend to the left woz good, and to the right woz good too. But, holding the cue to the right woz best, koz, uzing screw, the qball came back with nearnuff zero unwanted sidespin.

One little thing that i could add, despite all of this bent cue stuff, i suspect that a beginner shood spend much time uzing a fat stiff straight cue for stroking praktis, preferably with a flat (leather) tip, (1).... uzing a qball only, ie getting the qball to kum straight back off a cushion, and (2).... some potting praktis, straight pots only. I have a suspicion that this sort of praktis might help one's action in some way -- havnt prooven it tho. madMac.

KellyStick
05-17-2007, 11:26 AM
further to cushioncrawlers comment and risking drifting way off topic. I find many players (well all of us I guess) desire to play expertly. They/we see things that people do and we want to do them to. In some case people really don't understand what it is they are trying and to make matters worse they may not have sufficiently achieved a decent enough level of abilities of some of the pre-requisite basics. In other words trying to play way above their ability.

For instance trying to have huge draw with heavy spin into a cushion so it flies off at an odd looking physics defying angle, rebound, pushe a ball out of the way then roll 7 feet to the opposite end rail for the next shot. They of course miss the shot completely, the cuestick pokes an opposing team players eye out, they commit a cb foul, fall down and screwer themselves on a long neck bottle. then be totally baffled why that didn't work. "I just saw that guy do it on TV last night". Sorry didn't mean to get off topic or sound like I know it all cuz I don't. We need to push our limits but we also need to know our limits particularly in a real match. I just see too many people lose matches trying too hard.

Duckie
05-17-2007, 11:36 AM
If you can put the cue ball on the spot, aim at the far cushion and stroke the cue ball to where it comes back to the tip of your cue, you are aiming straight and stroking straight and hitting center ball.

Another good drill is putting a ball 2 feet or so in front of corner pocket, then go to the oppsite corner pocket with the cue ball and make long distance straight in shots. First trying to stop the cue at the object ball, then trying to follow the object ball into the corner.

This helps to get everything in line.

bradb
05-17-2007, 04:43 PM
<hr /></blockquote>Hmmmm -- That pro must be a "fart-smeller", az we say down here. When i bent my cues they kept straightening up, but i found one that kept much of its bend and i uze this for all of my billiards and snooker. I guess that if one had the luxury of trying different sized bends, then one could decide on the best bend, rather than working out some sort of theoretical target that might or mightent be best.

I found that holding the bend to the left woz good, and to the right woz good too. But, holding the cue to the right woz best, koz, uzing screw, the qball came back with nearnuff zero unwanted sidespin.

One little thing that i could add, despite all of this bent cue stuff, i suspect that a beginner shood spend much time uzing a fat stiff straight cue for stroking praktis, preferably with a flat (leather) tip, (1).... uzing a qball only, ie getting the qball to kum straight back off a cushion, and (2).... some potting praktis, straight pots only. I have a suspicion that this sort of praktis might help one's action in some way -- havnt prooven it tho. madMac. <hr /></blockquote>

A friend of mine has a slanted table..... The floor it sits on is so warped that its impossible for him to level it. I told him about my bent cue and how it solved my stigmatism. So he got to thinking. He calculated how much each part of the table rolled off. He found that the break end rolled to the pocket whereas the top end rolled away and the sides were ok.

He then bought 4 cues and had them bent as per the roll of the table i.e. bent left for the top and right for the bottom. Using a cue marked either L or R the table was now playable, all you had to do is take down the stick for the direction you were playing.

Of course the tricky part was shooting across the table! But soon after much practise he soon figured out how much to turn the bend to allow for the angle. He was a bit embarrased though... it was at this juncture he realized that all he had to do was rotate the cue 180 degreeeze and his left cue was now a right cue!! So he now has 2 extra bent left cues and is wondering if any body out there wants to buy them?...

Brad /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BigRigTom
05-17-2007, 05:17 PM
This thread reminds me of that old Andy Griffin tune about the rich man who ordered a "Round" pool table 1 foot tall covered in a leopard skin....of course since he was rich the dealer built it for him. The rich man never returned for the table and I think that dealer is still looking for a buyer just to get his money back.

It was a good order ...... until the customer disappeared ...that is.

bradb
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Tom... I forgot to mention my friend works high up in the government. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cushioncrawler
05-17-2007, 05:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> .....A friend of mine has a slanted table..... The floor it sits on is so warped that its impossible for him to level it. I told him about my bent cue and how it solved my stigmatism. So he got to thinking. He calculated how much each part of the table rolled off. He found that the break end rolled to the pocket whereas the top end rolled away and the sides were ok. He then bought 4 cues and had them bent as per the roll of the table i.e. bent left for the top and right for the bottom. Using a cue marked either L or R the table was now playable, all you had to do is take down the stick for the direction you were playing. Of course the tricky part was shooting across the table! But soon after much practise he soon figured out how much to turn the bend to allow for the angle. He was a bit embarrased though... it was at this juncture he realized that all he had to do was rotate the cue 180 degreeeze and his left cue was now a right cue!! So he now has 2 extra bent left cues and is wondering if any body out there wants to buy them?... Brad /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Thats a good one. I reckon that this bizness about uzing a bent cue haztabe the biggest thing that haznt happened in pool (and snooker) this century. Everyone here carryz on and on about silly stuff like laminated this or linen that, but me &amp; u karnt get any interest. Ok, bugger-em-all, whats say we patent our "bent cues" -- they can keep their silly looking straight cues. But, just remembered, i shood add some fine-print for anyone shopping for a bent cue....

A player with bent-eyes (ie allmost everyone) sees cutshots to the left differently to cutshots to the right -- a bent cue will fix that. But, the bent-eyes lie even more-so when the OB is closer, and they lie less-so when the OB is furtherer. For example, i tend to overcut close-range halfball cutshots to a right-hand pocket, and undercut close-range shots to a left pocket. One might expect a reverse sort of effect for very long-range shots. Thusly, a bent-cue shood be bent to suite your favorit range.

Hmmmm -- Your friend would soon fix this little problem. He would pick a bend so that close-range pots didnt touch the sides when the bend woz held with max bend to the right (ie at 3 o'clock). Then, for medium-range pots, he would hold the bend at say at 2 o'clock or at 4 o'clock, to take a bit off the medicine. Then, for long-range shots, he would hold the bend at 1 o'clock or 5 o'clock. He might scribe some calibration lines etc, on hiz balabushka, to help. One more thing.....

Bad lighting can help or hurt this bent-eyes problem. If the table haz say just one light, in the middle, then the qball (and OB) will often have one half darker than the other, in which case the eyes will be tricked into seeing the center of the qball somewhere where it aint. Now, this trickery will uzually make u overcut cutshots to the right, in which case it would make u undercut cutshots to the left. Hencely, this trickery will either compound or negate your bent-eyes, hencely, u will tend to have some shots where u have a consistent problem. A bent-cue karnt help bad lighting. madMac.

cushioncrawler
05-17-2007, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> Tom... I forgot to mention my friend works high up in the government. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>Someone hazta clean the roof i guess. It reminds me of the time my daughter rang me at the office, and said to go out the front door and look up. I did. She woz up at the top of the Norfolk Pine, putting in the Xmas lighting (she had a job with the contractor who put in the lighting each year), the tallest Xmas tree in the southern hemisphere i beleev. Anyhow, my joke woz that she woz the highest paid worker in the organisation. madMac.

cushioncrawler
05-17-2007, 05:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> This thread reminds me of that old Andy Griffin tune about the rich man who ordered a "Round" pool table 1 foot tall covered in a leopard skin....of course since he was rich the dealer built it for him. The rich man never returned for the table and I think that dealer is still looking for a buyer just to get his money back. It was a good order ...... until the customer disappeared ...that is. <hr /></blockquote>Tom -- Brad n me guarantee that, if any of our cues straighten up during shipping, we will refund all moneys. bentMac.

bradb
05-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Max... I was in the military in my younger days and if you had bent eyes you were given the rifles that had bent sights. The service–(always on the look out to save money)– issued them to us because we had no problem with them.

Bent eyes are a problem with many people and you will have a hard time finding an otomologist who knows how to treat them. Only a Chiropractor has the ability to massage them to some kind of working order.

Anyway my freind will let those bent R cues go cheap if anybody ois interested.

cushioncrawler
05-17-2007, 06:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> Max... I was in the military in my younger days and if you had bent eyes you were given the rifles that had bent sights. The service–(always on the look out to save money)– issued them to us because we had no problem with them. Bent eyes are a problem with many people and you will have a hard time finding an otomologist who knows how to treat them. Only a Chiropractor has the ability to massage them to some kind of working order. Anyway my freind will let those bent R cues go cheap if anybody is interested. <hr /></blockquote>Brad -- There are bent-cues and there are bent-cues. When we go into bizness we shood make it our aim to make the best bent cues that money can buy. And, there shood be a good choice of different styles (and sizes) of bends.

For instance, we can put a tapered washer or two in the joints of 2-piece cues. Here we can get reject washers for nothing, and charge customers say $10.

But i think that the best place for a bend is about halfway between the qtip and joint. Cheap chinese knockoffs will of course bekum a problem -- but if u look closely at these u will see that the bends are too close to the qtip. madMac.

bradb
05-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Max, I'm with you this venture, not only can we start a whole new line of cues for the hard of alinement players, we can also produce instructional videos on the application and execution of bent cue technique. There's the "periscope shot", the "around the corner" and the "sidewinder" which can only be deployed with our top of the line cue made from water soaked ash which has been laying at the bottom of a New Zealand lake for a hundred years and brought to the surface by Maori divers.

Yes I think the bend must start at the mid shaft and "washered" to each players taste. Our fiber glass line will be unbendable from its natural angle. And we can call it the "ASS KUE" Whadaya think? .... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bradb:</font><hr> Max, I'm with you this venture, not only can we start a whole new line of cues for the hard of alinement players, we can also produce instructional videos on the application and execution of bent cue technique. There's the "periscope shot", the "around the corner" and the "sidewinder" which can only be deployed with our top of the line cue made from water soaked ash which has been laying at the bottom of a New Zealand lake for a hundred years and brought to the surface by Maori divers. Yes I think the bend must start at the mid shaft and "washered" to each players taste. Our fiber glass line will be unbendable from its natural angle. And we can call it the "ASS KUE" Whadaya think? .... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif<hr /></blockquote>The "Far-Q", etc. How about this one -- a "U-Q" -- this little beauty can hit the qball towards u. I can see the advert -- "Surprize your opponent, bamboozle the balls, impress the girls".

I have said it before, bent cues can be a shot in the arm for the whole industry.

Mentioning maoris, some of my team-mates were/are maoris, and it reminds me of one who had one good eye, yet he hit the qball 1/2 tip off-center every shot, never kood understand that. I know that u can have "bent-eyes", koz 2 eyes are allways at war, but who would think that it would be possible to have a "bent-eye", i meen, what in hell iz it fighting???? Anyhow, it didnt stop him from winning the club snooker championship. So, it looks like we will havta develop a bend for "one-eyed" players allso -- wont be eezy. Not forgetting "three-eyed" players -- Hmmmmm, this will be very difficult. madMac.

bradb
05-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Here's the advertising creative Max...

Product name: the "AsKew Sidewinder"

Our slogan: A whole new slant on pool.

(Copy.)..Are you getting bent out of shape everytime you miss that shot, are you sufferring from bent eye syndrome? Well here's your cue at last. The all new hand-made AsKew is bent to your needs. Now when the line looks screwy – don't worry... your cue is screwy too! You can't miss!
Send a prescription and we'll send you a bent AsKew today. remember your game isn't right until your AsKew.

Note: Not responsible for cues straightening because of proper treatment. Cues should always be leaned up against the wall in storage. The Askew works best after being left out in the rain for at least 3 days. AsKew is for bent eye players only, side effects include some dizzyness, and wobbly stance until adjustment.