PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Gallup Poll results

eg8r
05-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Now that America has spoken and they have voted in a Democratically-led Congress we should expect approvals ratings to be through the roof. Right? WRONG!!!! [ QUOTE ]
Congress Approval Down to 29%; Bush Approval Steady at 33%
Both ratings are slightly lower than 2007 averages <hr /></blockquote> [ QUOTE ]
According to the May 10-13, 2007, Gallup Poll, 29% of Americans approve and 64% disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job. <hr /></blockquote> [ QUOTE ]
Although ratings are quite low, Americans have been more positive in their assessments of Congress this year than last year, when an average of just 25% approved of Congress.
<hr /></blockquote> While the number is higher, a 64% disapproval rate is nothing to get excited about. [ QUOTE ]
Even though Democrats now control both houses of Congress, the poll shows that only 37% of Democrats approve of the job Congress is doing right now. <hr /></blockquote> This number is the most interesting...I guess even the left recognize that Pelosi and company lied coming into this and have absolutely NOT done "the right thing". [ QUOTE ]
Democrats have been more likely than Republicans to approve of Congress this year, whereas Republicans expressed a higher level of approval prior to the change of power experienced after the midterm congressional elections in November 2006.

So far this year, Republicans' approval of Congress has gradually declined, from a high of 37% in mid-January to 25% in the latest poll.
<hr /></blockquote> No surprise here, it makes sense that Reps would be kinder to a Rep-led Congress and the Dems kinder to a Dem-led Congress. [ QUOTE ]
By comparison, ratings among Democrats have shown more fluctuation, ranging between 33% and 44% since January, and are down 6 points this month since early April. More generally, Democrats' ratings of the job the Democratic-controlled Congress is doing are down from a higher point of 44% in February, which is just after the control of Congress switched from the Republicans to the Democrats. <hr /></blockquote> I guess they were a bit excited in the beginning but are now seeing the lies of the left for what they are. [ QUOTE ]
There has been little meaningful change in the public's rating of the president in quite some time. Thirty-three percent of Americans now approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president, while 62% disapprove. Bush's approval ratings have averaged 35% in 2007, and have fallen within a narrow range between 32% and 38%. Bush's ratings were slightly higher last year, averaging 38%. Bush has not received an approval rating above 40% in any Gallup polling since September 2006. <hr /></blockquote> Not much change in respect to W.

What we see here is that W is staying fairly consistent, however, once the public noticed the left was trying to pass pork in the bill (after they vowed to quit) and withhold money from the troops they were not too happy.

Here is the link to the poll results. http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27589

eg8r

Drop1
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
No supprises here,Republicans line dance,and Democrats walk around looking for partners. What a pathetic poll for Bush.

Qtec
05-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Geez. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You are reduced to qoting Poll's to 'prove'your point! LOL
The reps got voted out because the country was tired of the BS and the corruption. Live with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A good example is calvert. Doolittle resigns because he is under investigation and they replace him with Calvert who is ALSO under investigation. They just don't care.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Readers,

The House Republican Leadership just does not get it and they will not take us seriously until we flex our muscle against them. We must fight the House GOP and we must fight today.

Today, I declare war on the Republican Leadership of the United States House of Representatives. We must scalp one member. That member's name is Ken Calvert.

When John Doolittle had to step down from the House Appropriations Committee because of a corruption investigation, the House GOP gave the nod to Calvert.

In 2005, Calvert and a partner paid $550,000 for 4.3 acres of land. Calvert then used his earmarking powers to secure $8 million in funds for an interstate exchange on the property. He then sold the property for about $1 million.

Also in 2005, a business partner of Calvert's bought additional land that Calvert's earmarks benefited. When the property was sold, a firm financially connected to Calvert received a commission for the sale.

In 2006, Calvert engaged in other shady land deals. The list goes on.

I won't even go in to his arrest for soliciting a prostitute.

This is the man House Republicans chose to replace John Doolittle. They just don't get it. So now I declare war. Who is with me? <hr /></blockquote>

This statement came from Redstate, a conservative website! Its nice to know that there are still Reps [ unlike you or steve] who who still know right from wrong.

Q

DickLeonard
05-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Eg8r I think the countries disapproval of Congress in its inability to get the Reps join forces with the Dems and kick GWB out.####

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Exactly, Dick, and since the Dems do not yet have enough numbers to veto the president's idiotic policies, I'd say that most Americans can see who's holding up the progress.

Funny, a rightie, posting a poll of low congressional numbers, which is really more about the Republican Copngressional barriers to holding Bush accountable for his incompetence, and bad policies, by overthrowing his VETOS!

I'd say that by voting time, the Republicans will have continued to dig their ditch so deep in their support for this un-necessary civil war slaughter of our people in the ME, that even Karl Rove won't be able to put together enough voting fraud to pull off a Republican win, in any branch. It'll take us years to straighten out this Republican Mess!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
05-16-2007, 06:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Exactly, Dick, and since the Dems do not yet have enough numbers to veto the president's idiotic policies,Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>

Since congress does not have veto power, your statement makes no sense. Only the President has veto power. You could have 435 (That's the actual number of seats in the house, in case you didn't know) democrats in the house, and they still wouldn't have veto power.

Ever consider checking your posts for accuracy before you put them up?

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 09:06 AM
I should have said override his veto, but I think that Dick, knew what I meant. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The word 'veto' comes from a Latin word and literally means I forbid. It is used to denote that a certain party has the right to stop unilaterally a certain piece of legislation. In practice, the veto can be absolute (as in the U.N. Security Council, whose permanent members can block any resolution) or limited (as in the legislative process of the United States, where two-thirds of Congress can override the President's veto).

eg8r
05-21-2007, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reps got voted out because the country was tired of the BS and the corruption. Live with it. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, based on those polls it looks like Pelosi and company are not doing much better. LOL, the corruption is still there it is not just headquartered in San Fran.

eg8r

eg8r
05-21-2007, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r I think the countries disapproval of Congress in its inability to get the Reps join forces with the Dems and kick GWB out.#### <hr /></blockquote> Either way (your spin or the real numbers), it still shows the citizens of this country are not happy with Congress which is now Dem-lead. Nothing changed, their ratings are still in the toilet. The Dems have not brought anything to the table just like we said in the beginning.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-21-2007, 06:15 PM
The main points here are that:
(A) 6 years of corruption, cannot be undone in just a few months
(B) the Dems hold a slim majority...GWB still holds the Veto..
The Dems are not perfect, not by a long shot...but anything has to be an improvement over what has happened.

Gayle in MD
05-22-2007, 04:35 PM
I just hope we can get through the next 16 to 18 months without the idiot bombing Iran. But, gee, if Iran is the threat, he'd be more likely to occupy Turkey? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just hope we can get through the next 16 to 18 months without the idiot bombing Iran. But, gee, if Iran is the threat, he'd be more likely to occupy Turkey? <hr /></blockquote> Not me. There is a good chance we will get a terrorist (dare I say friendly) appeasing Dem as President who would do nothing if Iran did become a threat.

I much prefer a President with guts who is Proactive, than a Democrat who is Reactive.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Reading Ed's reply is a revelation in itself. He has bought into the entire Orwellian,Oceania/East Asia, Big Brother concept....where only the "Party" can save us....the CCB he uses to exercise his version of the
daily "Two Minutes of Hate"...as required by the party elite:
"Two Minutes Hate (alternatively two minute hate) is a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting The Party's enemies"
The "enemies" of the party are many....but defined in part by their refusal to buy into the Bush/Cheney dogma :
"The Dems will hand the country over to the terrorists/the lazy, liberal left, just wants to live off the right, etc..."

It's all F****g pathetic, that his kind sees fellow Americans as the enemy....and still believes in Big Brother.
AND the reason for the continued support of this would be criminal dictator....he's a Christian!!!
GWB might be, but I'm sure the Lord doesn't approve of that particular, self-serving brand of Christianity....
This fascist f**k makes me want to puke when I see him on TV. Even his body language is negative

Drop1
05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Are you sure the Lord is on our side? Looking back six years,I find it hard to believe.

Drop1
05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I also prefer a President with guts,and is proactive,and speaks english when do you think we will get one? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Are you sure the Lord is on our side? Looking back six years,I find it hard to believe. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Harry,

Not sure but as best we can tell, we lost 3,000 or so in the 9/11 and about 3,500 soldiers since plus a few hundred contractors and the Muslims, by all left wing accounts have lost about 650,000. In political correctness we may have lost but it seems in numbers of casualties, God may be eaking out Allah a bunch... </font color>

hondo
05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
The parallels between 1984 and Bush's world are indeed
frightening. And the way we see people like Eg buy
into the propaganda and accuse those who don't of
being un-American is unreal.
As I've said, it's just a few on here. On AZ the bushies
outnumber the sane about 4-1 and rule the roost.
They truly love Big Brother.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Reading Ed's reply is a revelation in itself. He has bought into the entire Orwellian,Oceania/East Asia, Big Brother concept....where only the "Party" can save us....the CCB he uses to exercise his version of the
daily "Two Minutes of Hate"...as required by the party elite:
"Two Minutes Hate (alternatively two minute hate) is a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting The Party's enemies"
The "enemies" of the party are many....but defined in part by their refusal to buy into the Bush/Cheney dogma :
"The Dems will hand the country over to the terrorists/the lazy, liberal left, just wants to live off the right, etc..."

It's all F****g pathetic, that his kind sees fellow Americans as the enemy....and still believes in Big Brother.
AND the reason for the continued support of this would be criminal dictator....he's a Christian!!!
GWB might be, but I'm sure the Lord doesn't approve of that particular, self-serving brand of Christianity....
This fascist f**k makes me want to puke when I see him on TV. Even his body language is negative <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Are you sure the Lord is on our side? Looking back six years,I find it hard to believe. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Harry,

Not sure but as best we can tell, we lost 3,000 or so in the 9/11 and about 3,500 soldiers since plus a few hundred contractors and the Muslims, by all left wing accounts have lost about 650,000. In political correctness we may have lost but it seems in numbers of casualties, God may be eaking out Allah a bunch... </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

You really think so? 645,000 of those 650,000 were just
everyday people like you and me. And there are many who
would say your estimate of 650,000 is way low.

eg8r
05-24-2007, 09:07 AM
So you want a proactive President just not the proactive one we currently have? You will not find a proactive President on the left side so I guess, "Welcome to the Rep party".

eg8r

eg8r
05-24-2007, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The parallels between 1984 and Bush's world are indeed
frightening. And the way we see people like Eg buy
into the propaganda and accuse those who don't of
being un-American is unreal.
<hr /></blockquote> Now you are just making things up. I know I am talking to a brick wall with you, but any chance you care to show an example?

[ QUOTE ]
As I've said, it's just a few on here. On AZ the bushies
outnumber the sane about 4-1 and rule the roost.
<hr /></blockquote> You have also said you are a quitter and could not handle the heat. The reason you could not handle it over there is probably because you were as untruthful there as you are here.

eg8r

eg8r
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure the Lord is on our side? Looking back six years,I find it hard to believe. <hr /></blockquote> Why worry yourself with the unknown...Let's ask a more pertinent question...Are the radical Muslims on our side. NO. Why not focus your attack on them? As far as the Lord being on someone's side while bad things are happening, read Job. After reading that book in the Bible would anyone in their sane mind believe God was not on Job's side? God will not be making decisions for you or the US, what happens to us is based on our actions/reactions and those actions/reactions of those who attack or protect us.

eg8r

hondo
05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
<hr /></blockquote> You have also said you are a quitter and could not handle the heat. The reason you could not handle it over there is probably because you were as untruthful there as you are here.
Spewing your hate toward me is not going to make me
like you any better. I thought we were both brothers
in Christ? If the rest of the Christians at your church
are as hateful as you, I think I'll go to the other church
down the street.
Be honest, buddy. Are your fingers tightly clenched and
do you have a grimace on your face when you answer the
posts on here. I'd ask you if your butt puckers up
but that seems awfully personal.

eg8r
05-24-2007, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spewing your hate toward me <hr /></blockquote> I am not spewing hate towards you at all. You are the one that said you could not take the heat over there and came back here. That is quitting, it is not my definition?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought we were both brothers
in Christ? <hr /></blockquote> As a Christian it should come as no surprise to you that the truth usually stings. Conviction is a good thing.

[ QUOTE ]
If the rest of the Christians at your church
are as hateful as you, I think I'll go to the other church
down the street.
<hr /></blockquote> You would actually have to show up one Sunday and meet them first. If you ask any of the people on the board that have met me, I am sure you will find I am not a hateful person. I am really a happy go lucky person more interested in getting a laugh than to hurt someone. Like I said, the truth stings and conviction is a good thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Are your fingers tightly clenched and
do you have a grimace on your face when you answer the
posts on here. <hr /></blockquote> Nope, that happens while on the toilet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'd ask you if your butt puckers up
but that seems awfully personal.
<hr /></blockquote> Being from WV I don't see that being too far from your next question. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am just joking, I know you are sensitive about the well earned stereotype from WV so I am just giving you a hard time.

eg8r

hondo
05-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, I went back to AZ and have been on a crusade
to cease the uncivility I constantly read on there.
It's worked a little bit. This site is next on my
list. Why can't we all get along?

Gayle in MD
05-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Dear Hondo,
Offering the Olive Branch, does not work on here. I've tried it. The righties on here hate liberals, anyone named Clinton, and anyone who see through George Bush. Anyone who has evolved enough to understand that in the year 2007, (Much sooner really) people should be able to use communication, diplomacy, international sanctions, in short, their brains, instead of their bombs, to solve the problems of the world. One party, is not inclinced to do so at present. their wrath for those who attacked us on 9/11 does not require that we retaliate against the enemy who attacked us, just attack, anyone, anywhere, and their happy, even if innocent people are slaughtered, and tortured, and nothing is solved, and even if such actions destroy any possibility of forming a coalition of Nations to join together to defeat the global enemy, their blind partisan support requires that they suspend intelligent solutions for our problems. Diplomacy, which they prefer to frame as bweing soft on terrorists, or dumb enough to try to talk with them, is beyond their capability of understand. Diplomacy, diplomatic efforts to apply international pressure against these evil people, pin-pointing their locations, using intelligence to infiltrate their cells, are beyond the rhelm of understanding for the Cowboy Diplomacy types who support the absurd solutions of the Bush Administration. In short, they enjoy insulting much more than they enjoy debating. Ah, such is the joy of the Falwell style Christians.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hondo
05-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I think it can work. There are about 6 or 7 posters
on AZ with a similar approach to Eg. And believe it
or not, they have toned it down a little.
There's still slips but it's not as bad as it was.
I also get after the libs on there to be civil because
they can be as bad.

eg8r
05-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Bravo for you. If you seem some worth you might as well go for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r