PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Falwell

Drop1
05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
He died.

cushioncrawler
05-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Let us this day remember the 14 or so commandments that he devoted hiz whole life to (i have taken theze from wikipedia) but i must apologize for the fact that theze are not really the originals, nor are they whole, and of course the originals didnt have any vowels or paragraphs or chapters or even the word "god", or even the word "covet", but i havnt got time to fix this, Jerry had 74 years to fix it and he didnt, so why shood i worry. madMac.

2.... I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3.... you shall have no other gods before me.
4.... You shall not make for yourself an image, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5.... You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
6.... but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7.... You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
8.... Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.
9.... Six days you shall labor and do all your work.
10.... But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.
11.... For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and consecrated it.
12.... Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
13.... You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
14.... You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
15.... Simpson didnt kill his wife, Simpson did it.

Gayle in MD
05-16-2007, 07:08 AM
LOL, notice, the wife is equal to the slave, the Ox and the donkey, maybe even a wheel barrow, or a shovel.

How do people buy this crap???? Ridiculous to think people live their whole lives based on a boatload of mythology. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

reggie182
05-16-2007, 07:43 AM
LOL Gayle - nice to see you are your usual tolerant self.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bsmutz
05-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I am dancing a little jig of despair after hearing this news.

Deeman3
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, notice, the wife is equal to the slave, the Ox and the donkey, maybe even a wheel barrow, or a shovel.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Actually, in many cultures the donkey is certainly still more valued than a wife. The ox usually runs a close second unless it is a particularly large ox. Most would favor the wife over both the wheel barrow and a shovel, especially if the man already has one of each. Certainly we in the west place way too much emphasis on the wife but that is understandable given our permissive society. As we make laws to make men and women more equal, their value will continue to drop. Society used to hold most women in a status that allowed many to avoid the necessity of life long work. However, they also didn't allow them a voice in, for instance, voting.

Now, rightly, they do, for the most part, have a pretty good opportunity to not be "taken care of" by some unfeeling male and can prosper in most working environments that allow them to contribute to the household income of their male partners.

Now, the Islamic Fundmentalists and even the enlightened Muslims hold all women in this old method of contempt. Do Christians, even fundamentalists, hold them in the same regard? I don't think so as most of my Christian friends have permitted their women to go out and earn.

Now, some will say I have never let my wives work. This is not true. I just gave them the option of using their time for more enjoyable pursuits, if they wanted. So far, they have done so. If tomorrow, one of them wanted to go out and become a corporate power player, I would support them in any way they needed. Even then, I would probably not be trading them for a set of oxen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Maybe many need to rethink the Muslim approach.

I had rather base some of my life on what you call a boatload of mythology than on the likes of Paris Hilton and your other secular examles of "we've come a long way, Baby."

At least it is based on something, not a set of random values cherry picked for their political correctness. </font color>

cushioncrawler
05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, notice, the wife is equal to the slave, the Ox and the donkey, maybe even a wheel barrow, or a shovel. How do people buy this crap???? Ridiculous to think people live their whole lives based on a boatload of mythology. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>The atheist sites have lots of good stuff about this stuff. This list is not the earlyst or longest list, there are 3 it seems, but just looking at this one the following bekumz apparent.
.... It only applyz to the tribe that woz led out of egypt.
.... There is more than one god.
.... Jealousy and anger are ok.
.... Sons and grandchildren will be punished for the parent's crime.
.... Slavery is ok.
.... Modern christians either dont know the commandments or dont beleev them, eg working on the sabbath.
.... The authors of revelation ignored the "down to the 1000th generation" bit, or, american christians are going to havta wait another 18,000 years or so before their dreams kum true.
.... The bit about Simpson woz just a good guess. But it shood be written on the walls of every courthouse in the USA. StMac.

pooltchr
05-16-2007, 06:24 PM
It's so nice to see how some of you are reacting. The man hasn't even been buried yet.
Anyone watch '360?? They couldn't even wait to rip him apart.
I hope someone shows more compassion when your time comes than you have chosen to show right here.
Steve

Drop1
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Wonderfull options,a boat load of mythology,or Paris Hilton.I think we already have both. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
05-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Remember how Gayle reacted to your posts about Anna Nicole Smith? At least your posts were not despicable like hers are about Falwell. What an absolute hypocrite.

I have promised to try and change the way my posts come across but there is nothing I can do about this one. When we asked what was so special about Anna we were told how wrong we were for bringing it up. Now however, since someone the left has feared for decades has passed away the hypocritical posters of the board have jumped all over him. Good job guys (and Gayle) you have really shown your true colors.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 06:50 AM
LMAO...my sentiments, exactly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Poster: Deeman3
Subject: Re: Jerry Falwell

Actually, in many cultures the donkey is certainly still more valued than a wife. The ox usually runs a close second unless it is a particularly large ox. Most would favor the wife over both the wheel barrow and a shovel, especially if the man already has one of each. Certainly we in the west place way too much emphasis on the wife but that is understandable given our permissive society. As we make laws to make men and women more equal, their value will continue to drop. Society used to hold most women in a status that allowed many to avoid the necessity of life long work. <font color="red">LOL, gee, I've never met one of those. Do they all reside in the south? The pioneer women would love that statement... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> However, they also didn't allow them a voice in, for instance, voting. <font color="red"> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifFortunately, women won their many struggles for autonomy, a voting voice, and reproductive rights, and contrary to biblical teachings, they came to recognize and value their vast contributions to the success of their husbands, and used those same skills to advance their own goals, as well. </font color>

Now, rightly, they do, for the most part, have a pretty good opportunity to not be "taken care of" by some unfeeling male and can prosper in most working environments that allow them to contribute to the household income of their male partners. <font color="red">Interesting point of view, Deeman. We must meet for a drink someday. I'll buy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

Now, the Islamic Fundmentalists and even the enlightened Muslims hold all women in this old method of contempt. Do Christians, even fundamentalists, hold them in the same regard? I don't think so as most of my Christian friends have permitted their women to go out and earn. <font color="red">Permitted? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Now, some will say I have never let my wives work. This is not true. I just gave them the option of using their time for more enjoyable pursuits, if they wanted. So far, they have done so. If tomorrow, one of them wanted to go out and become a corporate power player, I would support them in any way they needed. Even then, I would probably not be trading them for a set of oxen. <font color="red">How very big of you. What a guy! </font color>

I had rather base some of my life on what you call a boatload of mythology than on the likes of Paris Hilton and your other secular examles of "we've come a long way, Baby."
<font color="red">I don't think Paris qualifies for having come a long way. Like your wives, she was given all that she needed by Daddy, however, contemporary life, and history, is full of women, who, bursting with energy, high intellect, and an appetite for personal success and achievement, were more than happy to share their wealth with their men, along with the, shall we say, liberated sexuality which accompanied their adventurous natures. Some men found the bonuses more valuable than those likely to be nourished through the quiet, subserviant, submissive female personalities of Victorian times. Some guys missed out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>
At least it is based on something, not a set of random values cherry picked for their political correctness.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Political Correctness? What's that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 07:49 AM
LOL, I don't really care much about when my time comes, tell ya the truth. I'm into living in the moment. Must be my Italian side. I'm quite sure, however, that I won't have the distinction of having orchestrated slanderous public attacks against gays and lesbians, liberated women, and dead New Yorkers and New Orleanians. Nor will I look back on a life of manipulating people by capitalizing on their fear, selling promises based on mythology, and scalping the public for my own personal financial advantage.

Compassion for Jerry Falwell, is way beyond my usual compassionate nature. It's against my principles to revere or respect con men, and charlatans.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 07:51 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Comparisons of absurdity are the new rules of the right, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They live in a black and white world, in more ways than one. Some would describe that as, ah hem, rigid. Not very appealing to those ever expanding liberated flower children like us, who make love, not war... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now, I want to know if you think ol' Jerry would have lived longer if he had been afflicted with a good old fashioned sex addiction, like Bill Clinton, instead of being afflicted with gluttony.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I heard he didn't die of a heart problem at all, just got up and tripped over his own jowls, and struck his head on his big ten thousand dollar mohoghany desk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 08:23 AM
BWA HA HA HA...afraid of Jerry Falwell? That's a good one. And that's right, Ed. I'm just a despicable hypocrite, and lovin' it! It's so fun, being me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There was a very sexist statement made about Anna Nicole that I complained about, not you or anyone else, wondering what was so special about Anna Nicole. Let's stick to the facts. However, I think with Anna, what you saw, was what you got, IOW, I don't think she made her way by decieving people out of their money. They knew what they were going to get, and it wasn't just a myth. I also don't think any mother, could have not been affected by a story of a mother giving birth to a new baby, and watching her only son die on the same damn day, and then dying herself several months later. I found her story much more compelling, than Jerry Falwell eating himself to death, after a life of bilking people out of their money by selling them a boatload of BS for his own financial advantage. I gotta feeling that those people who got involved with Anna, got something, shall we say, more tangible than Jerry's customers ever got.
Also, Anna Nicole, in all her public life, never bashed people for being whom and what they were. She didn't live a life of slandering people in an effort to spread hatred and condemnation, division and controversy. IMO, Anna Nicole probably spread around more happiness in this old world than Jerry Falwell ever did.

Better try and get a handle on your addiction to posting to, and about, little ol' me. Addictions can be dangerous to your health you know...just ask Jerry, whenever you talk with him again, that is.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman3
05-17-2007, 08:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Poster: Deeman3
Subject: Re: Jerry Falwell

Actually, in many cultures the donkey is certainly still more valued than a wife. The ox usually runs a close second unless it is a particularly large ox. Most would favor the wife over both the wheel barrow and a shovel, especially if the man already has one of each. Certainly we in the west place way too much emphasis on the wife but that is understandable given our permissive society. As we make laws to make men and women more equal, their value will continue to drop. Society used to hold most women in a status that allowed many to avoid the necessity of life long work. <font color="red">LOL, gee, I've never met one of those. Do they all reside in the south? <font color="purple"> Naw, we import a few of them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color> The pioneer women would love that statement... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> However, they also didn't allow them a voice in, for instance, voting. <font color="red"> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifFortunately, women won their many struggles for autonomy, a voting voice, and reproductive rights, and contrary to biblical teachings, they came to recognize and value their vast contributions to the success of their husbands, and used those same skills to advance their own goals, as well. </font color> <font color="purple"> I am glad they did win. I had heard they still only make about 72 cents for equilivent work of a male but you should know if they have achieved true equality better than me. </font color>

Now, rightly, they do, for the most part, have a pretty good opportunity to not be "taken care of" by some unfeeling male and can prosper in most working environments that allow them to contribute to the household income of their male partners. <font color="red">Interesting point of view, Deeman. We must meet for a drink someday. I'll buy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> <font color="purple"> I'll open the door for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Now, the Islamic Fundmentalists and even the enlightened Muslims hold all women in this old method of contempt. Do Christians, even fundamentalists, hold them in the same regard? I don't think so as most of my Christian friends have permitted their women to go out and earn. <font color="red">Permitted? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color> <font color="purple"> Hey, you can't just turn all these ladies loose all at once. They might just take over the world and peace might break out. </font color>

Now, some will say I have never let my wives work. This is not true. I just gave them the option of using their time for more enjoyable pursuits, if they wanted. So far, they have done so. If tomorrow, one of them wanted to go out and become a corporate power player, I would support them in any way they needed. Even then, I would probably not be trading them for a set of oxen. <font color="red">How very big of you. What a guy! </font color> <font color="purple"> Hey, what can I say. I'm just that kind of guy! Of course, they have to plow the back 40 before I "allow" them to seek their own path to secular freedom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif</font color>

<font color="red">I don't think Paris qualifies for having come a long way. Like your wives, she was given all that she needed by Daddy, however, contemporary life, and history, is full of women, who, bursting with energy, high intellect, and an appetite for personal success and achievement, were more than happy to share their wealth with their men, along with the, shall we say, liberated sexuality which accompanied their adventurous natures. Some men found the bonuses more valuable than those likely to be nourished through the quiet, subserviant, submissive female personalities of Victorian times. Some guys missed out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> <font color="purple"> Yes, I gotta admit to missing that one. Most on here who have met DeeWoman can testify that she is a meek and subserviant Victorian (That's actually her given name) who's mousey behavour gives away her obvious sexual repression and lack of a fullfilling relationship. Of course, that's unitl she breaks out the whip... [ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif/color]
At least it is based on something, not a set of random values cherry picked for their political correctness.

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Political Correctness? What's that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="purple"> Policial Correctness, I'm still trying to define Cherry Picked... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

<font color="purple">The above may have been said with tongue in cheek or out of sheer boredom. I'm not sure which! I do think I could get at least a couple of camels each for you and DeeWoman in the right spot. JK </font color>

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 09:04 AM
LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
05-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I wanted to offer my condolences to De, Ed, and Steve, on their loss, but was afraid they might misconstrue that as sarcasm on my part.
I do believe though, that another leader of his ilk,as compassionate and tolerant as Rev. Jerry.....will emerge to champion the cause, and spread the word.."do as I say, not as I do"
While I don't believe in swapping wives for oxen would be an equal value trade.....one party would feel cheated...
looking at my friend's wife...from the rear...I can picture her with a yoke.....but then that brings up thoughts of beastiality and "thou shall not covet.."
I was watching TV, and it seeems Hillary is asking her supporters for help in deciding on a campaign song.
I didn't like any of the ones being considered...and came up with my own suggestion:
"She's a good-hearted woman in love with a good-timing man..."

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 10:11 AM
lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good heart, or not, she's the winner of every possible match up, according to the polls, she beats them all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's stick to the facts. <hr /></blockquote> We are sticking to the facts, you are a despicable hypocrite as far as this conversation goes. The discussion on the Anna thread was not sexist whatsoever. The problem is that since your feminist head is shoved so far up your rear, whenever you hear someone say anything about another woman you flip out. For the record, there was nothing so special about some free-wheeling floozy who was nothing more than a gold-digger who had no problem flaunting her purchases for all to see. When she passed away that was all that was said. She was nothing special, so why all the coverage. You thought it was too early to question anything about her, however in this case you just want to pounce on the dead guy. Just sad.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 02:47 PM
As usual, your facts are completely wrong, and since the thread is still available, I suggest you refresh your own memory. A poster, whose name I won't refer to here, made a crack about Anna Nicole's breasts, and global warming...you don't get to tell me what I think, or thought. I'm the expert in that field.

Further, I don't give a good **** what you think of me, since as far as I'm concerned, anyone who thrashes out against poor black people who had lost everything they ever owned, in New Orleans, like you did, and gets bent out of shape everytime you think some poor person might get some much needed help from the government, while you agree to sell the country out, for a few measly bucks off your taxes, and boasting of self-sufficiency, and personal responsibility no stop, and then reveals that you're depending on hand outs to get your kids through college, is about as hypicritical as they come.

Jerry Falwell was a repulsive, judgemental, piece of SH**, nothing but a fat assed con man, and in my opinion he bilked thousands of people out of their hard earned money for his own financial benefit, and contributed to the roots of the fascist religious attack against our rights and freedoms, while spreading hate by ranting against gays, women, and victims of our worst national disasters, is not a good man, IMO. I, for one, am glad I don't ever have to bother flipping the channel due to his fat ugly face, and idiotic dogma, ever again.

Bobbyrx
05-17-2007, 03:17 PM
I didn't follow Rev. Falwell very closely but he did do a lot of charitable works. But when you mix religion and politics you make enemies. Not enough to make people glad that your'e dead I wouldn't have thought but if you look at the posts after Saddam Hussein was hung vs Rev. Falwell, it speaks volumes. Here is about what you would expect from Pelosi's district : web page (http://www.nbc6.net/news/13330409/detail.html)

cushioncrawler
05-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok, the commandments are tough, but woz Jerry a true beleever. Here is what Dale Huxtable wrote (from Atheist Foundation of Australia). StMac.
.... Descriptions and signs of the true believer that Jesus himself set down.

Super Powers- Matt 10:1 And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every infirmity.

And Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Can Handle Snakes And Drink Poison - Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.

Can Walk Over Scorpions- Luke 10:19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall hurt you.

Must not Fornicate- 1st Corinthians 7:1-40 (Editors note: This is very long so I leave it to the reader to check it out!)

Must Hate Their Family- Luke 14:26 If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Does Their Family Hate Them?- Matt 10:21-22 Brother will deliver up brother to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death; and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Are Perfect- Matt 5:48 You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Keep Women Silent- 1st Timothy 2:11-12 Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.

Can Bend The Will Of God- Matt 18:19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

Can Move Mountains- Matt 17:20 He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move hence to yonder place,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."

Can Wither Figs- Matt 21:19-22 And seeing a fig tree by the wayside he went to it, and found nothing on it but leaves only. And he said to it, "May no fruit ever come from you again!" And the fig tree withered at once. When the disciples saw it they marvelled, saying "How did the fig tree wither at once?" And Jesus answered them, "Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and never doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will be done. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith."

pooltchr
05-17-2007, 05:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> As usual, your facts are completely wrong, and since the thread is still available, I suggest you refresh your own memory. A poster, whose name I won't refer to here, made a crack about Anna Nicole's breasts, and global warming...you don't get to tell me what I think, or thought. I'm the expert in that field.

Further, I don't give a good **** what you think of me, since as far as I'm concerned, anyone who thrashes out against poor black people who had lost everything they ever owned, in New Orleans, like you did, and gets bent out of shape everytime you think some poor person might get some much needed help from the government, while you agree to sell the country out, for a few measly bucks off your taxes, and boasting of self-sufficiency, and personal responsibility no stop, and then reveals that you're depending on hand outs to get your kids through college, is about as hypicritical as they come.

Jerry Falwell was a repulsive, judgemental, piece of SH**, nothing but a fat assed con man, and in my opinion he bilked thousands of people out of their hard earned money for his own financial benefit, and contributed to the roots of the fascist religious attack against our rights and freedoms, while spreading hate by ranting against gays, women, and victims of our worst national disasters, is not a good man, IMO. I, for one, am glad I don't ever have to bother flipping the channel due to his fat ugly face, and idiotic dogma, ever again.

<hr /></blockquote>

Congratulations! You have sunk to a new low!
You get so upset when someone mentions the hatred that fills so many of your posts. And here you are actually happy that he is gone so you don't have to be bothered looking at him on television.
You would probably say the same thing about me, since if I was gone, you wouldn't have to be bothered reading my posts any more.
You are sick!
Steve

cushioncrawler
05-17-2007, 06:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> He died.<hr /></blockquote>Hiz ideas will never die. StMac.

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
lol, not sick enough to buy into Falwell's bull****. As for you, I have no interest in your opinions about me, or anything else. I've been exposed to your denial of reality long enough not to put any stock in your faulty thinking style. Anybody that could believe George Bush, or think that staying in Vietnam longer than we did, would have been the better course to take, isn't playing with a full deck, to say the least, hence, I don't grieve over being a thorn in the side of the nutty 28%, in fact, I experience it as a badge of honor, and proof of my vast intellect! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
05-17-2007, 07:59 PM
"Anybody that could believe George Bush, or think that staying in Vietnam longer than we did, would have been the better course to take, isn't playing with a full deck, to say the least, hence, I don't grieve over being a thorn in the side of the nutty 28%, in fact, I experience it as a badge of honor, and proof of my vast intellect!"

DFS! Too bad this country has to implode to prove your honest, well researched point Gayle. It'll happen, the implosion, as long as the bozos believe, and the Dems in the House and Senate cheat their base of voters with their lame, non binding CS antics. I absolutely would be ashamed to argue that VN wouldn't have been better off stopped before thousands more were were killed, sick and stupid opinion. This is really a sad exposure of so called born and bred Americans. sid

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, after what that bunch did today, friend, I'm not voting for any of them. This amnesty bill, and it's a bi- partisan effort, btw, will destroy what's left of the America that you and I have known, and loved. I'm fed up with both parties at this point, and I am disgusted with watching law makers in congress, and George Bush, who took an oath to preserve and protect the laws of this country, destroy our laws, to benefit corporate fascist pigs, among them, organized religion, which is one of the biggest businesses in this country. Reagan started this mess with his amnesty, and Bush, has pushed for it, also. We're heading for a two class system, the filthy rich, and the poor. The costs of being occupied by millions of illegal aliens, will fall to the middle and upper middle class taxpayers, who will foot the bill for the illegals, in order to line the pockets of the corporate fascists, oganized religion included, who are destroying this country.

When our laws are being dismantled by our own lawmakers, it's all over. All I can say is, Thank You Ronald Reagan and George Bush for inviting cheap labor into this country, with amnesty, against our laws, for your corporate fascist friends. When Bush talks about spreading democracy, ya just want to throw up!

BTW, who would you rather have lunch with???? Anna Nicole, or Jerry falwell? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll lay ya money that Anna Nicole didn't hurt as many people in the world as Falwell did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love ya friend....

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
05-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Most eye opening future event is for those here behind Bush, blindly, whom have children, growing up and trying to get their American Dream. Between the social anchors of these "allowed" illegals, which have not contributed to the treasury, and yet get benefits, including educational tuition(which Ed's kids will not even come close to qualifying for)...those non deserving people will push the next generation ccomletely out of their opportunities. Only the elite will survive, the middle &amp; lower-middle class kids will succumb, jobs pandered toward this new "citizen" from the one world order. Ain't it pitiful that these parents won't at least think about what's happening to the little people they chose to bring into this mess, and then decided to ignore reality at the expense of their children's emminent, sad future. I'd be ashamed, and time will make them really ashamed of what the've done out of pure ignorance. sid

Gayle in MD
05-17-2007, 09:36 PM
They have no shame. They support liars, who destroy our laws, ignore the Constitution, and leave our troops stranded in an unwinnable war. They don't have enough intellect to conjure up shame. You have to be in touch with reality, to experience shame. They actually believe that fighting the Iraqi civil war, will prevent terrorist attacks here! Screw our own Nat. Sec. Estimate, which says the opposite, they conjure their own set of facts, to justify their own poor decisions, just like George Bush. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman3
05-18-2007, 07:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> This is really a sad exposure of so called born and bred Americans. sid <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Sid,

Don't worry! The American part will soon be bred out of all of you as soon as the congress and the administration get through with the new imigration law. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

Gayle in MD
05-18-2007, 07:41 AM
History is full of true believers, who were despots, dictators, murderrers, thieves, and rapists. It isn't what you believe in, it's how you live your life. Falwell was a National disgrace, on more than one occasion. Religion has no place in government, period.

Kind of funny, looks like God must love Tinkie Winkie more than he loved Falwell, LMAO! Tink is still around /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bobbyrx
05-18-2007, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> It isn't what you believe in, it's how you live your life.

<font color="blue"> How do you know how to live your life? </font color>

Gayle in MD
05-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Tinkie Winkie told me.

http://cartoonbox.slate.com/hottopic/?image=3&amp;topicid=158

eg8r
05-18-2007, 10:19 AM
I think it is ridiculous to even question whether someone was a true believer, especially with a defintion as outlined by a self-proclaimed atheist who is going to pick and choose scripture to fit his agenda.

Jerry will go through judgement day just like everyone else on this earth. At that point it does not matter that you think Jerry was or wasn't a true believer.

eg8r

eg8r
05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As usual, your facts are completely wrong <hr /></blockquote>Blah blah blah, tell someone who cares. Your blinders are on so tight nothing will break through. Your posts are filled with nothing but hate and leftie BS and nothing can break through. Keep up the lies and agenda and maybe you can sway some more sheep.

eg8r

eg8r
05-18-2007, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gayle:</font><hr> Jerry Falwell was a repulsive, judgemental, ...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Congratulations! You have sunk to a new low! <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Any chance Gayle read that to herself while looking in a mirror? I have never met a more judgemental person than Gayle.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
05-18-2007, 05:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I think it is ridiculous to even question whether someone was a true believer, especially with a defintion as outlined by a self-proclaimed atheist who is going to pick and choose scripture to fit his agenda. Jerry will go through judgement day just like everyone else on this earth. At that point it does not matter that you think Jerry was or wasn't a true believer. eg8r<hr /></blockquote>Ed -- Re picking and choosing scripture -- True beleevers beleev every word of the bible, so, how kum anyone like me can pick or choose something that duznt digest very well. madMac.

hondo
05-22-2007, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> LOL Gayle - nice to see you are your usual tolerant self.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I wouldn't have pissed on Falwell if his heart was on fire.
He and Pat Robertson give Christians a bad name.

eg8r
05-22-2007, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He and Pat Robertson give Christians a bad name. <hr /></blockquote> So do people who tell others they are a Christian but they cuss in public. Any other sin can be lumped into this. Any time someone who has claimed they are a Christian and they openly sin it gives Christianity a bad name. Since none of us can do anything our sins (we will continue to sin as it is our nature and we are born into it) we are in no position to judge others. Especially when a sin is a sin, none worse than others, with the exception of the greatest sin which would be a believer turning his back towards God.

eg8r

hondo
05-22-2007, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
He and Pat Robertson give Christians a bad name. <hr /></blockquote> So do people who tell others they are a Christian but they cuss in public. Any other sin can be lumped into this. Any time someone who has claimed they are a Christian and they openly sin it gives Christianity a bad name. Since none of us can do anything our sins (we will continue to sin as it is our nature and we are born into it) we are in no position to judge others. Especially when a sin is a sin, none worse than others, with the exception of the greatest sin which would be a believer turning his back towards God.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

It's funny how people see things differently.
I say " piss" and you wonder how I can be a Christian.
GW causes the deaths of thousands of innocent people
by going to war under false pretenses and I wonder
how he can call himself a Christian.
You get on on here and self- righteously defend his actions,
often in a mean-spirited way, and I wonder how you can
call yourself a Christian. WTF? I'll take a little pee-pee
any day.( not that I have a little pee pee).

eg8r
05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how people see things differently.
I say " piss" and you wonder how I can be a Christian.
<hr /></blockquote> Boy, you really have trouble comprehending very simple sentences. I would not question it at all, I explicitly stated that we all sin it is our nature. Now, you did choose one very weak example so I am not sure your point. I don't have any extra time in my day to sit and judge whether or not you are a Christian. All I am saying is that if you have a bad mouth then you are giving Christianity a bad name.

[ QUOTE ]
GW causes the deaths of thousands of innocent people
by going to war under false pretenses and I wonder
how he can call himself a Christian.
<hr /></blockquote> Why waste your time wondering if he is or not? You are not responsible for his eternity so it should not matter. He will be judged when his time comes.

[ QUOTE ]
You get on on here and self- righteously defend his actions <hr /></blockquote> Care to give any examples of a "self-righteous" defense of W on my part?

[ QUOTE ]
and I wonder how you can
call yourself a Christian. WTF? <hr /></blockquote> Once again, there is no need to wonder whether someone is Christian or not. If you spent more time worrying about your own life and actions than you did about others you might not be such a negative person.

I find it funny that you are choosing to continue to bring up the slang word for urine while completely ignoring the acronym you slipped in. Usually when someone has a problem with their language they will not notice how easily those words slip by.

eg8r &lt;~~~also has a problem with foul language but tries every day to clean it up

hondo
05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow! What a spin! You bring it up in the first place
and then ask me why I bring it up.
Eg, Eg,Eg, if you could only see yourself as the rest
of us see you on here.Constantly tumbling over your
posts.
I don't judge you as a Christian. I just think human
lives are more important than some slang word for urine.
Like you, I was just wondering if there might be
contradiction between your professions and your words.
Nothing more. Have a wonderful day.
P.S. You seem so angry all the time. Your faith should
give you joy.

Gayle in MD
05-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Amen! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Drop1
05-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Soon after he was baptized,Constantine,had his wife killed,and his oldest son stoned to death. I guess being baptized does make a better person of a non believing pagan. I wonder.

wolfdancer
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
They must have been liberals.....

Drop1
05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Makes sence to me. When I die bury me with a bag of marsh mellows. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
05-22-2007, 11:04 PM
LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bobbyrx
05-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Why aren't the Democrats running any pro-atheist campaigns?

Drop1
05-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I think the Libertarians have that covered. Too,there are the words of H.L Menken,that would cause most Atheist not to seek political office,"Nature abhors a moron",and so do most Atheists. Then there is the fact God has always been useless,and his followers morons,why would anyone,let alone Athiests run for political office,chasing the myth of democracy,unless they believe democracy is something we have today. If elected,I will not serve. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
05-23-2007, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't the Democrats running any pro-atheist campaigns? <hr /></blockquote> Contrary to seemingly insurmountable evidence, there is no way they can be that stupid. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Basically it comes down to a do as I say not as I do. The Dems know they cannot abandon religion and totally gun for a separation of church and state simply because there are more believers than there are those who think they are atheists.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Jerry died for your sins!!!!!
He might come back, but only if you repent....

Drop1
05-23-2007, 11:57 AM
What would he come back as? The mind boggels at the options. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
05-23-2007, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Soon after he was baptized,Constantine,had his wife killed,and his oldest son stoned to death. I guess being baptized does make a better person of a non believing pagan. I wonder. <hr /></blockquote>

Constantine embraced Christianity because he found it
politically expedient to do so.
There are millions of examples of atrocities committed
in the name of Christianity. But I haven't seen one
incidence where they've been able to trace the crime
back to Jesus. NOT ONE. He's innocent, I tell you.

Drop1
05-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Hondo,I don't believe Jesus ever existed,along with Mary,Joseph,and the decipeles. I certainly could care less about innocence. In my opinion,all of Christianity is a sham. Its my right not to believe.

hondo
05-23-2007, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Hondo,I don't believe Jesus ever existed,along with Mary,Joseph,and the decipeles. I certainly could care less about innocence. In my opinion,all of Christianity is a sham. Its my right not to believe. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, excuse me! You didn't have to bite my head off!
My only point was that God often has very little to do
with religion.

Drop1
05-23-2007, 07:15 PM
My intent was not to offend you,I only stated my position as it relates to Christianity. I hope the feelings of outrage will subside,and you find happyness in your Faith.

nAz
05-23-2007, 08:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> He died. <hr /></blockquote>

hmm too bad old Pat didn't croak also, two of "gods" best work. I hope where ever he goes it will be filled with gays with hard ons.

Drop1
05-23-2007, 09:09 PM
I kind of picture him as a grease fire about now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bobbyrx
05-24-2007, 02:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> "Then there is the fact God has always been useless,and his followers morons"
<font color="blue"> I can see how you would have a unique perspective on this </font color>

hondo
05-24-2007, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> My intent was not to offend you,I only stated my position as it relates to Christianity. I hope the feelings of outrage will subside,and you find happyness in your Faith. <hr /></blockquote>

Apology accepted. I will hopefully be at peace on June 12th.
My 1st day of retirement.

eg8r
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow! What a spin! You bring it up in the first place
and then ask me why I bring it up.
Eg, Eg,Eg, if you could only see yourself as the rest
of us see you on here.Constantly tumbling over your
posts.
<hr /></blockquote> I brought it up? Here is where it starts...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie:</font><hr> LOL Gayle - nice to see you are your usual tolerant self. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I wouldn't have pissed on Falwell if his heart was on fire.
He and Pat Robertson give Christians a bad name.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> So do people who tell others they are a Christian but they cuss in public. Any other sin can be lumped into this. Any time someone who has claimed they are a Christian and they openly sin it gives Christianity a bad name. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> I am the one stumbling...You are the one who cannot remember what you did yesterday. You started out saying Pat and Jerry give Christianity a bad name and all I said was everyone gives Christianity a bad no matter what. If you call yourself a Christian and then publicly sin you are giving Christianity a bad name. Just because the example I gave sort of stung you a bit does not mean I am the one that brought all this up. You made it sound like they are evil people for (in your head) bringing shame to Christianity I just took you off the high horse and showed that all of us are in the same boat as they are so don't be so quick to judge anyone.

Then like a fool who felt convicted you misread my post to think I was referring to your use of the word "piss" as cussing. Your response was just off base, but it did show us that you do feel a bit convicted about your poor vocabulary and a need to shoot the messenger.

eg8r

hondo
05-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Then like a fool who felt convicted you misread my post Your response was just off base, but it did show us that you do feel a bit convicted about your poor vocabulary and a need to shoot the messenger.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I couldn't have worded that in a more Christian way.
Bless you, brother.

Deeman3
05-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Ed,

I am a Christian. I do believe there is a difference in a Christian and people who live off interpreted dogma and make fortunes off the poor among us both left and right. There are many within the Christian veil and within in the secular left who do the same. While I am not to judge them, I know God will and that's probably the only test I really want to pass, myself, in the long run.

If some ridicule the passing of a pastor, so be it. God will judge him and his faith and purpose, not us. I really don't think it matters much to Jerry Falwell if he believed what he taught. If a true Christain with a good heart, he is singing and happy now no matter what anyone says. His family will not care nor even be offended by what the God haters say, if they, themselves are true Christians.

Maybe Mr. Falwell did wonderful, maybe he did harm. I don't think it's even emportant to his soul how history judges him. If he was happy with his relationship with God and accepted the only couple of principals that are needed to really be Christian, he will be fine.

eg8r
05-24-2007, 01:17 PM
I guess I agree to a point, but no reason to belabor the point. Ultimately it does not really matter what others thing or more importantly it does not matter how the individual thinks they lived their life. There is only one judge.

I was just saying that there is no reason for one Christian to intentionally knock or question another when in the end we all fall short.

eg8r

eg8r
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Thank you.

eg8r

hondo
05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I know what I saw with Falwell: mean-spirited, narrow-
minded, manipulative, grandstanding, judgemental,
petty, vindictive. But you're right. God will judge
him by what was in his heart.
What bothers me is that people on the fence, not yet
true believers but seekers, look at Falwell, Robertson.
and most of the other snake oil salesmen who call
themselves tele-evangelists, and say to themselves, if
this is what Christianity is about, I'll pass.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Ed,

I am a Christian. I do believe there is a difference in a Christian and people who live off interpreted dogma and make fortunes off the poor among us both left and right. There are many within the Christian veil and within in the secular left who do the same. While I am not to judge them, I know God will and that's probably the only test I really want to pass, myself, in the long run.

If some ridicule the passing of a pastor, so be it. God will judge him and his faith and purpose, not us. I really don't think it matters much to Jerry Falwell if he believed what he taught. If a true Christain with a good heart, he is singing and happy now no matter what anyone says. His family will not care nor even be offended by what the God haters say, if they, themselves are true Christians.

Maybe Mr. Falwell did wonderful, maybe he did harm. I don't think it's even emportant to his soul how history judges him. If he was happy with his relationship with God and accepted the only couple of principals that are needed to really be Christian, he will be fine. <hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
05-24-2007, 07:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> hmm too bad old Pat didn't croak also, <hr /></blockquote>

The ever tolerant left...knocking the conservatives...showing their true colors all over this thread. Wishing someone would die has to be about the lowest measure of moral standards I can imagine.
I find your comment to be about the most disgusting thing I have read on this forum.
Just wondering...Where do you stand on capital punishment?
Steve

nAz
05-25-2007, 01:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> hmm too bad old Pat didn't croak also, <hr /></blockquote>

The ever tolerant left...knocking the conservatives...showing their true colors all over this thread. Wishing someone would die has to be about the lowest measure of moral standards I can imagine.
I find your comment to be about the most disgusting thing I have read on this forum.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

capital punishment? I have no problem with it... except that i never hear about any rich white folks getting fried... probably cause they can afford better lawyers or maybe they just don't commit crimes...

lol I'm not a far leaning lefty or far leaning righty for that matter I'm conservative on somethings and liberal on others... I don't follow any party blindly and i do not have a problem admitting when my parties policies have been a disaster.

as for my disgusting comments, sorry I could not give a $hit about people who say things like this... btw do you find these comments disgusting...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, to which Rev Pat Robertson agreed, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.

In 1984, Falwell called the gay-friendly Metropolitan Community Church "a vile and Satanic system" that will "one day be utterly annihilated and there will be a celebration in heaven." Members of these churches, Falwell added, are "brute beasts." Falwell initially denied his statements, offering Jerry Sloan, an MCC minister and gay rights activist $5,000 to prove that he had made them. When Sloan produced a videotape containing footage of Falwell's denunciations, the reverend refused to pay. Only after Sloan sued did Falwell cough up the money.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

there tons of crap spewed by thhis and a few other idiots out there.

that other A$$hole pat robinson is just as bad and i hope Satan will take him soon... but then again there will be more like him out there ready to take his place and help divide and destroy this great country and it's secular government.

BTW Steve what is your take on capital punishment and abortion. r they both murder?

hondo
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> hmm too bad old Pat didn't croak also, <hr /></blockquote>

Steve, you mean you align yourself with nutcases like
Robertson &amp; Falwell?!?! Jesus said , " Let those who
have ears, hear. Let those who have eyes, see."
I'm proud to say I'm nothing like those guys, and I
think God will say to them, " I never knew you."

Gayle in MD
05-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Tap Tap Tap, well said Hondo. Falwell was a far cry from what I think of as a good person. Personally, I found him repulsive, and think that he did much more harm than good, on a National level. Organized Religion is a business, always has been, always will be. Ones relationship with God, regardless of what one thinks God is, does not require time spent in an elaborately expensive building, just as ones spirit of charity and compassion, does not involve dropping money into straw baskets. There are good people who live lives of charity, kindness, and compassion, and never enter a church, nor subscribe to any of the dogma written by mortal men. We are offered opportunities every day to help those who are needy, and be good samaritans as we advance through our journey of life. Degrading people who are different, as Falwell did, is not what I think of as a good man. Condemning the victims of 9/11 and/or their survivors, as Rebertson, Falwell and Coulter did, and then being admired by the right, was one of the most evil phenomenas I have witnessed in my lifetime.

Gayle in Md. Loves Tinkie Winkie in spite of Jerry Falwell... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hondo
05-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Another thing that's sad to me is that folks who
give little or nothing to their local churches or
community will send all their money into these
snake oil salesmen on t.v.
" Open up your hearts , brothers and sisters, and open
up your wallets, and send your money to God, but could
you make the check out to the reverened Pat Robertson?

Gayle in MD
05-25-2007, 10:42 AM
LOL, they gobble that BS up just the same way they gobble up Bush's absurd lies and theories! Hey, what other group can you think of who don't believe in Global Warming, don't believe in the theory of evolution, and do believe that preaching celebacy is a more effective way of preventing teen pregnancy, than information on Birth Control, and that Saddam attacked us on 9/11. LMAO!!!!

Seen any men living in whales lately? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey, BTW, I don't include all religious people in this summation, only the Moral Majority, who are trying to turn our country into a theocracy. I tried to launch a thread about that, but it was hi-jacked by one of our more ill informed posters, using Republican tactics, cloud up the issue with something totally unrelated, and completely undocumented.

Drop1
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't think God,and religion,can be connected,God brings guilt,shame,fear,not love,unless it is directed Gods way. Religion of an individual passes through many channels,but not by killing one another for trivial reasons,but by love for all people,because we are within ourselves all people. The home of God is with the fantacy makers of the great organized institutional churches,that prey on the fear of the ignorant,assuring they are ever,and,ever slaves to Faith.

Drop1
05-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't think God,and religion,can be connected,God brings guilt,shame,fear,not love,unless it is directed Gods way. Religion of an individual passes through many channels,but not by killing one another for trivial reasons,but by love for all people,because we are within ourselves all people. The home of God is with the fantacy makers of the great organized institutional churches,that prey on the fear of the ignorant,assuring they are ever,and,ever slaves to Faith.

Drop1
05-25-2007, 01:13 PM

Bobbyrx
05-25-2007, 02:57 PM
yea it would be nice to be able to say shoot you in the head without guilt,shame,fear,etc for something trivial like, oh , posting in triplicate

pooltchr
05-25-2007, 05:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>
BTW Steve what is your take on capital punishment and abortion. r they both murder? <hr /></blockquote>

I am for capital punishment and against abortion. Capital punishment is fine for anyone who has no regard for the lives of others....IOW murders, rapists, and child molesters, oh yeah, and terrorists.

Abortion is simply taking the life of an innocent unborn child...and in my opinion is wrong.

Steve

pooltchr
05-25-2007, 06:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>
Steve, you mean you align yourself with nutcases like
Robertson &amp; Falwell?!?! <hr /></blockquote>

I never said that I aligned myself with them. I simply think that crass comments like "Too bad Pat didn't croak too" are completely uncalled for. I don't think either Jerry or Pat were guilty of any capital crime.
One of the biggest problems in our country right now is the declining lack of respect for human life. I have seen it manifested right here in this thread.

I have some very strong differences of opinion with many people right here...but I don't find myself thinking it's too bad that they didn't die.

The lack of respect by some posters has been eye opening.
Steve

cushioncrawler
05-25-2007, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> yea it would be nice to be able to say shoot you in the head without guilt,shame,fear,etc for something trivial like, oh , posting in triplicate <hr /></blockquote>The other day i read the sayings of jesus -- ie the english verzion of the latin verzion of the greek and hebrew copies etc. It woz hard going reading mathew -- but then i hadta read it all again in (mark) -- and then, geeeZarse, for the 3rd time (luke) -- and, ka-RRyst, some of it for a 4th time (John) -- bloody hell. StMac.

Drop1
05-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Shoot the Webmaster,not me /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifI have no idea why it was posted three times.

cushioncrawler
05-25-2007, 11:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Shoot the Webmaster,not me /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifI have no idea why it was posted three times. <hr /></blockquote> Droppy -- U have got 2 denials left. madMac.

Gayle in MD
05-26-2007, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Abortion is simply taking the life of an innocent unborn child...and in my opinion is wrong.

That's fine, Steve, and you have every right to your own standards for your own life. I hope you never have an abortion, and stay true to your convictions. Also, I hope, that as a Christian, you would not judge others who do not share your personal opinions, or subscribe to them in their own personal choices.

If people could only mind their own business, and leave others to make their own choices, this would be a better world. The problem comes in when people try to impose their own values, upon others. Hence, as I have always maintained, it's none of your business what women do with their own bodies, not yours, Ed's, Deeman's, Falwells, Robertson's, Bush's, Schafley's, or any other right wing Republican. Abortion is legal in this country, and therefore, the religious right has no business trying to tamper with our laws in order to dictate to all others according to their own personal religious dogma, or impose their standards on all others.

I do not believe in abortion for myself. I also do not judge my sisters for their choices. I inderstand that they have the right of choice regarding their personal lives and decisions, just as I do.

Like Jesus said, "Let those without sin, cast the first stone." Unfortunately, not one of the professed Reverends of the Lord, mentioned here, seem to follow His words, nor do any of those here who SAY they are Christians, yet bash women for their personal choices regarding abortion.

As for politicians who are paid by me to represent me, and my country, I have every right to judge their performance. Bashing me, personally, for my right to express my own views, is a far cry from Christian behavior. Saying that I am glad I don't have to be exposed to the vitriolic interpretations of evil people like Jerry Falwell, about my fellow Americans, particularly those who lost their lives on 9/11, and their grieving wives, who displayed great courage by insisting that our government investigate the failures which led to 9/11, as Anne Coulter did, (with your agreement, IIRC, for you said, "She does have a point") and yet making no acknowledgment of the extraordinary attempts made by this administration to prevent any investigations into the failures of our government, pre-9/11, in order to prevent more successes by al Qaeda in the future, and hide their own failures, which were huge, BTW, is certainly a far cry from an administration who professes to seek to protect Americans.

When men, such as Bush, Falwell and Robertson, seek to turn my country into a theocracy, publicly condemn gay people, women, and the victims of 9/11 and Katrina, they do not deserve any respect, from me, or anyone else, IMO. I was happy that Saddam was dead, just as I am happy that Falwell is dead. when it comes to human peace and dignity, IMO, they both hurt others, one with murder and torture, the other with emotional torture and condemnation. The world is a better place with both of them gone, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
05-26-2007, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When a woman spreads her legs, she loses her.... <hr /></blockquote>

Did you write this?

[ QUOTE ]
Although certain parts of her anatomy may have helped global warming... <hr /></blockquote>

About Anna Nicole's breasts when she died...did you write this?

[ QUOTE ]
You are a sick person... <hr /></blockquote>

about me...Did you write this?

[ QUOTE ]
'Liberal terrorist lovers' <hr /></blockquote>

Did you write this?

Needless to say, lack of respect is quite obvious in your own posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pooltchr
05-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Good job of taking my words out of context.
The point I was making about Anna Nicole was that the amount of news coverage of her death was way out of line. She wasn't a Nobel Prize winner, and did nothing really noteworthy that I am aware of that would result in the media coverage her death created. She was known for her large breasts, and marrying a rich old man.

Oh yeah. You need not worry...I don't plan on getting an abortion any time soon. I do not judge people who have different standards from my own. I will take advantage of my right to disagree. They will have to answer to a higher power.

I do not feel any joy at the death of anyone, unlike some people have posted. It's a sad thing when Anna gets more tv time after her passing than a former president of the country does! It's simply a question of priorities.

If you would simply read the things I write, rather than trying to read into them, you might have a much better understanding of where I am coming from. You have labeled me a "Bushite" "Bush lover" and whatever other labels you thing are appropriate. I don't believe I have ever stated that I think he is a great president. (I don't, but that's another issue) You think because I voted for him, I support everything he does. (I don't) I voted for him because at the time, he was the better choice. If he were to run again, and I had to choose between him and, say, Ted Kennedy or Hillery, I would have to consider voting for him again. I might not like it, but I might have to do it.

Try not taking everything so personal, and actually read my posts before you respond with your standard liberal replys, and we might actually be able to have an intelligent conversation.
Steve

Bobbyrx
05-27-2007, 09:07 AM
wow(z)

Gayle in MD
05-27-2007, 09:44 AM
I think you have been quite prolific in using nasty titles, yourself, Steve. You may think it's awful that some people are glad they don't have to watch Jerry Falwell, or listen to his bigot filled, slandering tirades against any and every group that didn't fit into his dogmatic religious mythology, but I, for one, found him to be one of the most disgusting promoters of hate, and bigotry that this country has ever seen. I, personally, think that if there is a heaven, or a hell, he is surely burning with the worst of the worst, in the hottest fires hell has to offer, for having railed against his own God's Children his entire life, calling them degenerates, and worse, and proposing that those unfortunate Americans who set out one glorious sunny day, to put in an honest days work on 9/11, deserved what they got. IMO, he was as evil as they come, and I, for one, am glad the SOB is gone!

I'd sooner defend Anna Nicole, any day, than the evil likes of Jerry Falwell. In fact, I never heard her say a bad word against anyone.

Gayle in Md.

nAz
05-27-2007, 12:27 PM
wasn't he a supporter of the apartheid government in south Africa during the 80s, i remember he also called the rev. Tutu a fake and a few other things around the same time... ah the man was a freaking idiot, his poor atheist grandfather must be turning in his grave right now.

Drop1
05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
To deny what,Mac, from Ball-a-rat?

cushioncrawler
05-27-2007, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> To deny what,Mac, from Ball-a-rat? <hr /></blockquote>Harry -- I woz trying to draw a parallel to Peter denying Jezus thrice before the [censored] crows. Meaning that u denied being guilty of causing the triple posting. I have got a double posting a couple of times, i just blew the second one away uzing the "delete" option that kumz up for the next 6hrs i think.

Some inhabitants prefer the correct aboriginal words, Balla-Arat, ie Ballaarat. And of course Ballaaratians look down on our near-neighbours from Ararat. madMac.

Drop1
05-27-2007, 07:47 PM
It was good of you to come back, with the intent of your post,and if the truth be known,it was probably by my hand the post appeard three times. Did you get your room for the pool table started?

cushioncrawler
05-27-2007, 08:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> It was good of you to come back, with the intent of your post,and if the truth be known,it was probably by my hand the post appeard three times. Did you get your room for the pool table started? <hr /></blockquote>Yes the room is going to be huge. I can send u a photo of the logs walls and big glulam up the center, if u PM yor email, and anyone else interested likewize. Might have the joint finished etc in August. madMac.

Drop1
05-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Mac,post the picture on pool forum,that is pretty standard.Glad you got it going.

Gayle in MD
05-28-2007, 07:43 AM
I believe you're right, Naz, and also, if one were to compile a list of his pompus, arrogant attacks against innocent people over the years, only Coulter and limbaugh come close to his vicious anti American attacks.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
05-28-2007, 06:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I believe you're right, Naz, and also, if one were to compile a list of his pompus, arrogant attacks against innocent people over the years, only Coulter and limbaugh come close to his vicious anti American attacks.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

So, should we add Rush and Ann to the list of people you think should be dead???
Steve

Gayle in MD
05-29-2007, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try not taking everything so personal, and actually read my posts before you respond with your standard right wing replys, and we might actually be able to have an intelligent conversation.
<hr /></blockquote>

A good start would be if you didn't keep trying to put words in my mouth. I've never written anything to suggest that I yearn to see anyone die, Steve. When bad people die, I can't pretend to be sorry about it.

Also, the only reason why Anna Nicole's death was in the news for so long is because there was such controversy involved. Americans love mysteries, especially when there's big money involved. I don't see why she should be degraded, because of what the news media decided to focus on.

All in all, I still think she was probably a much nicer person than Falwell, Coulter, or Limbaugh.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
05-29-2007, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote gayle:</font><hr> A good start would be if you didn't keep trying to put words in my mouth. <hr /></blockquote> So you will continue to participate with the approach of "do as I say not as I do"?

eg8r

hondo
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I believe you're right, Naz, and also, if one were to compile a list of his pompus, arrogant attacks against innocent people over the years, only Coulter and limbaugh come close to his vicious anti American attacks.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

So, should we add Rush and Ann to the list of people you think should be dead???

Off with their heads, matey!