PDA

View Full Version : New poll

Bobbyrx
05-19-2007, 10:45 AM
web page (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/22_believe_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance )

New poll says 61% of democrats think Bush knew or are not sure he didn't know about 9/11 in advance. Wow

BRussell
05-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi Bobbyrx.

1) You put that oddly: 61% say Bush knew or aren't sure he didn't know. It's actually 35% that believe he did know, and 26% said "not sure." But "not sure" is usually a catch-all phrase for people who don't know, didn't understand the question, didn't feel like answering, etc. It's not really fair to lump the 35 in with the 26.

2) I'd like to know the Republican numbers. Your article says by a margin of "7-to-1" they reject it. Is that including the "not sure" category? If, for example, around 70% say "no" and 10% say "yes" he knew, with 20% "not sure," that's still a helluva lot of Republicans who agree with those Democrats and believe Bush knew: 35% of Dems and 10% of Repubs.

3) What does it mean to believe that "Bush knew?" Does that mean he was in on the conspiracy? Or does it mean he knew, in general, that we were under threat? I definitely don't believe that Bush was in on it, but I think it's undeniable that he knew in general terms. Remember that he was told "Bin Laden determined to strike inside US," and allegedly laughed it off and told the briefer that he had covered his ass.

4) If it IS true that this many people believe our government was actually in on the plot, it shows how cynical we as a country have become about Bush's government, particularly Democrats but also a lot of independents and Republicans. It's sad, that's for sure, but the government deserves some of the blame, not just the people.

Drop1
05-19-2007, 08:27 PM
If you could tell me who told Bush, Bin Ladin was about to attack inside the U.S.,and when he was told,and where,I would greatly appreciate it.

BRussell
05-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Drop1: Just do a search on "Bin laden determined to strike." Another search on "you've covered your ass now" would also be informative. It was Bush's intelligence briefing from the CIA, it took place a month before 9/11, and Bush reportedly laughed and told the briefer "you've covered your ass now," as if it was just a bureaucratic game rather than a serious threat.

DickLeonard
05-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Drop1 I think the FBI agent who sent the warning about the arabs taking airplane lessons who didn't want to learn how to land was the big tip-off. He had forwarded the message to his headquarters and it went nowhere.####

Sid_Vicious
05-20-2007, 12:46 PM
"Drop1 I think the FBI agent who sent the warning about the arabs taking airplane lessons who didn't want to learn how to land was the big tip-off. He had forwarded the message to his headquarters and it went nowhere."

No it was the monkeys whom, after getting the handoff PRONTO from the Clinton admin that "Bin Laden(al qieda) is your biggest immediate concern." Several of those responsible for the planes were already in surveilance and, any responsible person in charge would not have snubbed their noses and blown that key advice away, UNLESS they wanted it to happen. Afterall, the chimp sat in that school house picking his nose for more than 10 minutes, when in normal protocol, a president would have gone to security, just in case he himself was being aimed upon by another jet. This scary threat with BL still at large is an ace in the hole for those still in charge.

Btw, if and when something else is allowed to happen between now and the next election, which will enable this admin to declare marshall law and halt the elections in '08, remember this thread. Sad thing is that new event will probably work as expected by some here, and even by those with weak, non self-thinking minds.

Basically though, I do not trust this dummy any more than I can throw him. JM2C-A-S-TO-IT sid

Gayle in MD
05-20-2007, 05:00 PM
That's right, and that wasn't the only briefing this administration got. They had unprecedented emergency briefings from the Director of the CIA, and warnings from the top terrorist zar, Richard Clarke, still, they did nothing, absolutely nothing. The entire intelligence field was scratching thier heads, but if you do some research you will find documents from Wolfowitz, and others in the Bush inner circle, stating their highest goal...removing saddam, and occupying IRAQ, years before Bush got into office, and also statements that it would be easier to capture public support for occupying Iraq IF we had another terrorist attack here.

There's plenty about all of this we'll never know, I'm sure, but what is knowable, is very damning information.

Gayle in Md.

Bobbyrx
05-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Can I put that down as 5 for the 35 percent or 5 for the 26 percent?

Bobbyrx
05-22-2007, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BRussell:</font><hr> Bush reportedly laughed and told the briefer "you've covered your ass now,"
<font color="blue"> I've got to hear this. Can one listen to this recording? </font color>