PDA

View Full Version : Carnegie and pool

Kato
07-24-2002, 08:56 AM
13 weeks ago I posted about the wonders of this class and what I thought it could do for my pool game.

Well my game has gone into the tank, not the classes fault. In between softball, pool league, Carnegie, and my new computer I haven't played much or practiced at all (even though I have a table in my living room). I do have a plan.

Carnegie teaches us self confidence, believiing in yourself and making yourself believe, the Monk mirrors this in so many words. Pool is all about confidence, sure you have to make balls, play percentages, ect. but you must have confidence. I have that in renewed vigor.

Stress control is another big issue. How many balls have we all missed because we were uncomfortable with the shot, situation, job, home life ect. Surely I'm not the only one. In my class we worked extensively on stress management and "living in day-tight compartments". You will never see me walk into a pool room ever again and miss a shot because I had a bad day at work. I will also never get upset about something I did in the pool room outside of the pool room. Calm and confident always. Uptight and depressed never.

My game may have dipped but my love for the game hasn't. I just need to start working hard again. I don't have what I would call a great natural talent for the game, I have to work at it very hard just maintain a mediocre level. I am ready, have new tools, and a little desire.

Kato~~~best I can do without boring everyone.

Karatemom
07-24-2002, 09:10 AM
Very nice acceptance speech, Kato. You should be proud of yourself. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Heide

Rich R.
07-24-2002, 09:24 AM
Sounds to me like you have everything moving in the right direction. Rich R.~~~also short on natural talent, but has fun.

Mr Ingrate
07-24-2002, 11:01 AM
Kato,

Will you now be signing on as "Speecherman" and organizing a Cool Carneginian Billiard group? You could call it the CCB.

Seriously, the Dale Carnegie program is a fine one. Congratulations.

P.S. I am advised that the tapes are in the mail ... my wife doesn't understand me, and I promise not to ......

07-24-2002, 01:54 PM

Kato
07-24-2002, 02:09 PM
What's the worst that can happen is a big staple in Carnegie. Figure out the worst and then improve on it. It's a wonderful concept for stress relief and I will certainly incorporate it.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Kato, You are my GOD

Wendy~~have I said that before? /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

socrates
07-24-2002, 02:17 PM
Went through Carnegie myself about 15 years ago. If you enjoyed the Carnegie books you might enjoy "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman. Lots of information that can be applied in life and in pool.

Kato
07-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info Socrates. I quoted you last night and the girl I was talking to was dumbfounded. Changed my plan of attack quickly.

Wendy, I can promise you the moon and make you see stars but God................well maybe for a little

Kato~~~biting off a little more than he can chew and liking it.

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>Wendy, I can promise you the moon and make you see stars but God................well maybe for a little<hr></blockquote>

So, when can we meet? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Kato
07-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Oh who knows. Maybe I'll take the 3 hour drive up to Orlando in August when you're there. You never can tell.

Kato

Barbara
07-24-2002, 04:07 PM
You're not alone, Kato. Tonight will be the first time I have picked up my cue since Vegas in May.

Maybe we should get together and console one another. JAT.

Barbara~~~tonight's the night...

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Kato at the US Open will have to give a speach...

I like your attitude.. now if you could just get CC to go to this class... LOL

07-24-2002, 07:15 PM
Hey Kato, while you're offering freebies......

Every day, in every way, I get a little bit better LOL

Kato
07-24-2002, 11:36 PM
Umhm. Barbara, can you get rid of that husband of yours for a while. I think he'll pretty much kill me for being around his lovely TALL wife.

Kato~~~getting in deep water.

Kato
07-24-2002, 11:40 PM
Tom, I'd love to. There is however a better than average chance that Voodoo will stuff me in the trunk and leave me there for a few days. 12 hours in a car with me is not exactly relaxation.

Kato~~~amazing backseat driver........Excuse me Voodoo, may I have the champagne please?

Lester
07-25-2002, 06:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Tom, I'd love to. There is however a better than average chance that Voodoo will stuff me in the trunk and leave me there for a few days. 12 hours in a car with me is not exactly relaxation.

Kato~~~amazing backseat driver........Excuse me Voodoo, may I have the champagne please? <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;OKAY Kato, You get my vote to read the list of CCB contributors at the CCB Tournament. BRADY!!!!! ARE YOU GETTING ALL THIS? lol ****Lester****

Doctor_D
07-25-2002, 06:45 AM
Good morning:

As a follow up, I do hope that Mr. Hornet is providing you with a sizable raise following the completion of your program.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Kato
07-25-2002, 08:21 PM
Hey ya Doc, I go to another 1 day class in Tampa the day before we leave for the Open. Upon completetion of this class I get a bonus. The bonus will pay for my vacation in Virginia. 2 months after that is my review. I will do well I'm sure.

Kato~~~smiling

Kato
07-25-2002, 08:22 PM
No sweat Tom. I got no problem hamming it up with all you folks. Lester, you're a trip dude.

Kato