PDA

View Full Version : Auditing Cue-Tech

wolfdancer
05-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Cue-Tech had a room at the BCA....free instruction, and a free video analysis. I just hung around for a couple of hours each day, and watched. A friend was on the staff, and with the arrival of the teams....it was the only place where one could find a seat....
It proved to be pretty popular with the players,with a steady stream of folks dropping in....
The instructors were impressive with their professionalism, dedication, and enthusiasm.....these guys both enjoy teaching, and know how to teach. And they met each morning to see how they could improve on the presentation...
Scott Lee was still going strong at 6pm, on the video analysis...after starting at 11am....amazing!! I took a lesson from Scott 4 years ago, and he's now an even better instructor, after joining up with RandyG. Tom Simpson offered up some advanced techniques, that I had never seen before.
While folks only got a taste at what the school has to offer, I'd guess that just seeing themselves on video itself will kick their games up a couple of notches.
There seems to be a whole shot sequence that they teach, from the moment you pick up the chalk to the final stroke..follow the preshot pattern, and say goodbye to those negative thoughts that occur when you're "winging" it.
There is an instructional book out now about golf. The author says that many plyers are only aware of parts of their swing, and he teaches full swing awareness. After listening to Randy, I realise I'm not aware of parts of my stroke...shoulder drop? length of my bridge/follow through, etc...they teach full stroke awareness here....
Anyone of these fine instructors could make the game more enjoyable for you....maybe even more profitable.....
Knowing that I play both golf and pool....Randy shared his two personal secrets......."get the little white ball into the hole as soon as possible, and keep the big white ball out of the hole as long as possible....."

ras314
05-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Only thing wrong with the Cue-Tech room was information overload. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Couple things have stuck long enough for me to practice was Carl's demonstration of avoiding the double hit foul when cb and ob are very close and Tom Simpson's explanation of rail bridges. Both have been weak areas for me.

Went over to Pool Sharks and rented a table for the day mainly just to practice those two areas while still fresh. I was breaking three ball racks hard with a phenolic tip break cue from the cb froze on the rail, shooting the balls in numerical order and doing my best to leave the cb froze to the next ob when some guy watching offered to play some $5 three ball. Must have thought I couldn't run three friggin balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
05-22-2007, 12:17 PM
"Only thing wrong with the Cue-Tech room was information overload...."
With around 6 SPF instructors assisting players, and video taping, it was a little hectic, but it looked like most folks had their questions answered, or picked up some valuable info.

Scott Lee
05-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Jack...We had 10 instructors, over the course of the week. Everyone took turns helping out, and our 'audiences' were genuinely appreciative. Although this year went extraordinarly well, we are already looking forward to a much-improved version of this concept for next year's BCA tournament!

Scott Lee

wolfdancer
05-22-2007, 01:31 PM
we are already looking forward to a much-improved version of this concept for next year's BCA tournament!
free coffee and donuts?
I thought it went over well,and after word gets around, next year ...you might be playing to a full house!!

ras314
05-22-2007, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> we are already looking forward to a much-improved version of this concept for next year's BCA tournament!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Bigger room and more chairs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maybe several more cameras for stroke analysis. And posted lecture schedules for each of the several rooms you are going to need. Might get out of hand if ya'll ain't careful once word gets around that a person can actually learn good stuff simply by watching and paying attention.