PDA

View Full Version : WPBA

jjinfla
05-22-2007, 06:39 AM
I see no one bothered to post anything about the WPBA tournament. I guess no one here cares about them. And we wonder why pool isn't going anywhere. I guess it is simple, the public doesn't care about pool. Pool is dead in the water.

Oh, yawn, Allison won again.

Jake

Rich R.
05-22-2007, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I see no one bothered to post anything about the WPBA tournament. I guess no one here cares about them. And we wonder why pool isn't going anywhere. I guess it is simple, the public doesn't care about pool. Pool is dead in the water.

Oh, yawn, Allison won again. <hr /></blockquote>
Although, I have to agree, that there aren't many people interested in the WPBA, there are a few of us. I find that there was good coverage of the tournament on internet web sites, including the front page of this one. What else can we post here? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There may be a couple of things I can correct you on.

First, this was NOT a WPBA tournament. This was the EnjoyPool.com Tournament, previously known as the BCA Tournament, and not all players were WPBA members.

Second, and a little more important, Allison was in the finals but she did not win. Karen Corr won this tournament, for the fourth time.

jjinfla
05-22-2007, 05:21 PM
It was a WPBA tour stop is what I meant.

Loree Jon Jones played but didn't do well. There were a few names on the list that I didn't recognize but most of them looked like regulars on the tour.

Saying Allison won was a blunder on my part. But I will look forward to seeing the Corr/Fisher match on TV in about a month.

Jake